Here is the Fix for Input Delay - posted on pg 1 initial post (also includes past posts)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by frostx17, Oct 22, 2015.

1. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Haven't heard anything official, but it would be best to assume they are messing with the game to try and solve the latency issue. I, however, am still latency free on my end, so I would assume nothing major has changed (or at least anything to say that it has impacted how my fix works). Until I have a game where it hasn't worked (going strong for 2.5 plus weeks now), there is no way for me to say something has definitively changed. I would assume something will change once an update is released by EA, and I will tell you then if anything is changed. If they say they fixed it, the best option would be to go in, and delete everything and HOPEFULLY they did their job to solve the issue. If they haven't, you should be able to reapply my bandaid to play on.

If it worked initially, and now you are experiencing delay, my best guess is something has changed in your router settings to prevent the IP from being blocked at all times. I can't say for sure what it is without sitting right next to you, but that would be the most reasonable assumption. Try resetting your router to factory settings, reapply your old settings, then apply the IP block again. It may be a little tedious, but the only sure way to know without having your own DNS server/dd-wrt program running on your router.

frostx7
  2. BlG STICK NICK

BlG STICK NICK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 5 / -5
    Can confirm that I was getting the captain delay also last night almost every home game. This is the first time its happened since we implemented the fix in my router. @frost xi

bigsticknick
  3. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    bump

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Utonate

Utonate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Hi Everyone,

I have been experiencing this issue for years. Roughly 3 years now. Essentially what i am experiencing in game is delay. I should mention that it isn't the choppy/skip delay, but more like concrete in my players skates kind of delay. I'm in Canada, I have been with both Bell and Rogers, trying different routers and speed packages from both ISPs. Nothing resolved the issued. I've tried port forwarding ea ports, origins ports, and any other port related nhl, ea sports and ps4. That didn't resolve the issue. I've been on the phone with EA, telling me it's my ISP. And on the phone my ISP, telling me its my ISP. I've had service technicians check all wiring and hardware/connectivity throughout and around the house. No problems. I'm not a techy and everything i know now is thanks to this issue i am having, and in my opinion, the lag I am experiencing has something to do with the route taken to connect to a game. How can I confirm this? Last night i found this thread and went into my HITRON ROUTER FROM ROGERS and entered the IP AND URL (from the first page) into the keyword filter as i couldn't find an IP block section. Went to club my first game after the change and it was brutal as always, however the other team was home. The next two games i went captain and we were home, and i've never experienced such great connectivity in the years i was having this problem. Even my teammates on my club said the connection was amazingly smooth. Now this was only two games last night, I will confirm again. But i'm excited. Somebody earlier mentioned that there were a cluster of ips from the euro ea servers. I would be curious to find those out and block those as well. I firmly believe the problem and solution lies with EA and how we connect to the servers and games.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. matruck420

matruck420 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -8
    The link regarding for people who can't use IP address does not work anymore..... what do we do?

Matruck303
  6. Cooker1091

Cooker1091 Wheel. Sauce. Snipe.

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -6
    Never had the lag before this year. Also have Rogers & Hitron. I would only get the lag maybe 1 in 5 or 6 games, but when I got it, it was pretty bad. Did the "fix" and didn't get any CAPTAIN LAG. However, I have found that sometimes I do experience lag when theres a crappy host or a host from the west coast.

Also check your router, if you have the Hitron CGN3 you should be good, but if you have the Hitron CGN3ACSMR you should take it to a Rogers store and exchange it. Was told by the Net Tech that that model is known to have issues with online gaming.

Sidenote: Also used to have bell and had lag a lot, once I changed to Rogers the problems were cut by 90%.

No Streaming Account
  7. xGabella

xGabella Wheelin N Dealin

Discord:
    gabella19#0
    Ratings:
    +440 / 39 / -18
    So I found out where to go in my router to block the IP but it wants me to block an IP starting with 192 and not 159. Please help me with these finals steps if you don't mind.

Gabella19
  8. xGabella

xGabella Wheelin N Dealin

Discord:
    gabella19#0
    Ratings:
    +440 / 39 / -18
    Nvm I found out what I had to do to type in the IP but I need starting and ending ports

Gabella19
  9. x Gallyy

x Gallyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 38 / -105
    So if we are with bell we have no solution?!!?

No Streaming Account
  10. matruck420

matruck420 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -8
    I need source ip destinantion ip and both port ranges.... i'm gonna call the EA Ireland tomorrow and see what I get out of them cuz no one over here seem to know anything at EA

Matruck303
  11. Dan0245

Dan0245 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 13 / -16
    bump for anyone who didnt see this yet

No Streaming Account
  12. FRANK LD 69

FRANK LD 69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    Bump, it doesn't work.

• Like Like x 4
    gethesehands69
  13. slammerama

slammerama Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -4
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Kash-kormier

Kash-kormier Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -1
    Still a problem in NHL 18 rip I haven't been able to play in weeks

No Streaming Account
  15. TVK

TVK Gluten free since '93

Ratings:
    +214 / 5 / -11
    7B188480-1AD1-4059-8F24-75C7C1CBE125.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Reactivityyy

Reactivityyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 6 / -6
    No Streaming Account
  17. x Gallyy

x Gallyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 38 / -105
    I dont think so the problem in 16 was way different and bigger

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Achilles Strife

Achilles Strife Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -3
    Is this still relevant? I can't tell if it's the game or on my end but I've never felt so heavy connection wise in all my years playing (I didn't play much 16 or 17)

No Streaming Account
  19. HandsLikeHans

HandsLikeHans Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HandsLikeHans#7939
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -1
    Definitely still a huge problem. I can be on 17 ping and it feels like 100 ping. Very few times 17 ping feels smooth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    handslikehans
  20. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    #FakeNews.....

In all seriousness, this won't work for you now. While this did fix a connection issue that resulted in connections being routed to Ireland when playing games, it was not the main cause of the "Captain Lag". There was an overlay issue for those who held Captain causing a delay in the game play that was separate from that of connection.

TL;DR... get a better connection for NHL 18 with an increased upload speed

frostx7