Top Prospects of the AHL

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Baris7688, Jul 22, 2016.

1. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Hello LGPSN,

Me and my CHL media member @MysticMac_IRE have teamed up to give a in depth look at the top 10 prospects for each position. Lets be clear here, these are only going to be prospect guys only for example you arent going to see any V or A status players on this list. We will be doing 5 best for AHL then 5 best for CHL. Hopefully this will help some guys get some notoriety and help some NHL owners do some free scouting. Im sure some NHL owners will complain that we are exposing some guys but to be completely honest most of these guys are known we will try to put some guys in who may project to be better then others. Another thing is i have not talked to anyone of this list about whether they will play next year or not or even play the same spot. Thanks for @NH4JP for helping out as well make sure to read his bonus content. Im sure some people will have a issue about being on this list or not being on it, i guess it sucks to suck.

DISCLAIMER- Mystic has not submitted his yet so he will post later.

Projections are crap shoot because i dont know who will be owner and i have no idea what the team needs are but i figured it would be cool to put out anyway.
    But anyway lets start:

Left Wing

AHL:

1. @ryno1354 - Ah Ryno the chatbox hero, the "AHL scoring leader" without cheating, and now the top LW prospect in the draft. Posting a 22-3-1 record shows that he wins, 104 pts shows that he produces and if you are to draft this man you get a decent shout box presence. Part of the NaC clan he has played with such elite talent as @Kraz18 and @JClaus33 . Owners contemplating can anticipate a good player who can step up and compete immediately.
    Projection- Top 3 Pick

2. @Karlsson_MVP - A interesting prospect went for 5 million LG dollars in open bidding, scored a absurd 67 goals with 19 Assists. Has one of the highest shooting percentages among top goal scorers, only concerning thing here is that his R2 button may be broken 19 Assists while putting up 67 goals seems odd. Ive spoken to some of the Condors management and he has what they like to call a "particular way to play" they admit he isnt a fit for everyone but evidenced by his stats when he does fit he is something to watch out for. One of the players whose draft stock could drop based on his lack of assists and need for a certain play style.
    Projection top 10 but dont be surprised to see him drop to late first round.

3. @nriney - Part of the rockford group that will easily dominate most of this top 5 list for FWDs. He scored 86pts and was 23-3 on the year. Not alot of guys talk about him, was horribly left off the All Star ballot (RIP), nevertheless @nriney is part of the rockford bunch and NaC that will head this draft class. Have not seen him play much or talked to him very much but stats alone makes a compelling argument for this player.
    Projection- First round

4. @rV_CLuTcHz - Played only 22 games but amassed 78pts on the non playoff Texas Stars, also spent some of the season on the Albany Devils. Holds a perfect 4-0 Record in the NHL but two of them are at LD? But playing LW in the NHL he has a 3.5 PPG, RV has a 14-7-1 record but he did play on two subpar teams and still put up impressive numbers. Ive heard from people that he has the ability to dance through defenses and then score but he is also capable of passing to his teammates. Nice shooting percentage as well at 40% .
    Projection- Lacks the record or prestige of the other 3 above him but would not be surprised for dallas to attempt to obtain him in the draft but i dont think he makes it out of the first round. Middle to Late First Round.

5. @TrueLegend07 - Started off in the CHL or i would like to think that this mans point total surpasses RV and perhaps nriney as well. Put up a mind numbing 30 pts in 6 games in the CHL, 72pts in 20 in the AHL and 11pts in 6 games in the NHL on a bad Islander team. Played for bridgeport who also didnt make the playoffs this year and weren't particularly deep. Shooting percentage isnt high only 28.1% but only 12 PIMs all year. This will be a intriguing prospect for owners to value, do they project his other 6 games out and rank him above RV and nrinrey do they see that he played with lesser talent? We shall see in the draft.
    Projection- Has put up points at all three leagues as one would expect. Not expecting to see him in the first round but if someone did i would say its a stretch. Late first- early second.

Honorable Mentions
    @Assisted_ - Ability to have a player play all 3 FWD positions is nice sometimes try to do too much with the puck.
    @sessman - played some club with him recently always in correct position, got railed in the playoffs to losing both games and putting up only 3 points but i blame @Mooner2014 :p
    @LEGENDS1478 - 79pts and only has 2 regulation losses all year. Played for the stacked Americans and put up respectable numbers.

Recap for Left Wings- Talented Group of guys led by Ryno, Karl MVP provides a interesting dilemma for Owners. Should be interested to see what happens here.

Centers-

AHL:

1. @ItzJohansen92 - Top center in this league because someone...whose spot this should be...is no longer in the league. But doesnt matter@ItzJohansen92 is a sick player, who possess the rare ability to never lose the puck. He maneuvers his body and stick at just the right angle so that he never gets the puck lost. He did it to me and i believe it was @JDForthywho said in skype management that he "enjoyed" watching Johansen skate around in his zone the whole game. He reminds me alot of @NUKE Freeman who used to center for me last year, ability to make players around him better. For those in need of a center in the draft dont sleep on him.
    Projection- Top 5 Easy.

2. @StrengthLegacySr - Another 5 million contract player a lot of hype was surrounding him as he started the year. Unfortunately he was stuck on a toxic team as the Devils and still put up nice numbers. Hard to play against and plays a true defensive center, letting his wingers do what they need to and helping out any dman that plays with him. He also put up 79 points during the regular season which isnt too bad either. He also talks in the shoutbox so 9/10 in shoutbox stats. A good team player who would thrive in a defensive minded team, perhaps WPG? Itll be interesting who will be interested in Strength.
    Projection- Mid to late first, not alot of depth in centers this year.

3. @abbazabba24- 6 players down in points show truly how short in depth this year is for centers. Now this is not to say Abba had a bad year 82 pts with more assists then goals is want in your center. Not sure if a true center as he seems to bounce from LW to C in the playoffs and the year. Havent heard anything negative about this player, but then again Columbus organization is rather quiet. Played 4 games in the NHL losing 3 and putting up 6 total points. Played 4 games as RW in ECUs. Had a sudden change in position beginning in week 7 based on record it would seem he preforms better as a C.
    Projection- Second Round

4. @cinnabunz8 - Was recommended to me by multiple players and no longer is the hidden talent that i obtained at 500k and then traded away RIP. But regardless plays a grinder build and able to mold to whatever line you put him on. Preforms well but struggles to man a line by himself. Put up a 72 pts and can be the offensive focal point with competent wingers by his side. Will be interesting what kind of politics play here as to what his draft stock is.
    Projection- 2nd round maybe first if a buddy of his has a team.

5. @Thomas_330 - Praised by both @Jlm1410 and @VibezDigital Thomas put up 72 points in 26 games while losing only 5 times the whole year in 26 games. His two way game must be solid as he plays for the wolves, almost a equal amount of goals and assists. I dont know much about this player but his stats seem to speak for his gameplay, im sure when this is posted Vibez or JLM will have something to add in the comments.

Honorable mentions-
    @redflag33 - Have played numerous drafts and games with him, always a solid player and i enjoy his two way game. Never in the wrong position.

Recap for Centers- Really weak draft class after @ItzJohansen92 comes off the board. Shame that @JClaus33 had to be banned and now has to go into bidding and get a ridiculous contract RIP bro.

Right Wings

AHL:

1. @Kraz18 - Number 1 prospect right wing and it isnt even close the next guy has 82 points in 24 games played, Kraz has 100 points and 20 games played a ridiculous 5PPG average. Named as the most under rated player but pretty much everyone on rockford and some other guys as well. Was called the Lionel Messi of EASHL by @ryno1354 , making everyone around him better. Was said to be better then @JClaus33 if you project him playing his 6 games he outscores ryno by over 20 points. Not sure what much more to add here. Stud.
    Projection- Number 1 pick. Top 5 at the worst.

2. @K1ll3rs4nt0 - Top player over in rochester, have played him a couple of times, havent heard much about him but his stats speak for him. He seems to be a pass first RW with 50 Assists and only 32 goals. +52 plus minus shows his team scores with him and doesnt give up much while on even play. His ability to pass will make him attractive to many different teams.
    Projection- First Round...maybe depends on how teams value his passing.

3. @dannyk2399 - Part of the vaunted Ransom Wrap Crew. Itll be interesting to see how he can play without the rest of his club. If a owner was able to get him and some of his linemates this could perhaps be a low rating for him at number 3. Another guy who as a lot of Assists over goals 34G and 48 Assists. Itll be interesting to see if any of this ransom line stays together i know the owner of the Ducks is waiting.
    Projection- whenever the ducks take him- mid 2nd

4. @l8l_nik_l6l - 20 Games played 71 points 6 off what is max could be. Stellar player for the LEM, have heard decent things about him i may or may not have played club versus him. 33 Goals 38 assists is very respectable numbers while playing on a top west team. 13-4-3 record is not too bad as well. This is a player that may be picked stored in the AHL then brought up or used as trade bait. Should be interesting what his stock is as it pertains to the NHL.
    Projection- Mid 2nd

5. @Kamagraf - 17 Games played 66 points played for 2 elite teams Hartford and Rochester. Both of these teams have agreed that when Karma plays he is one of the top wingers in the game, but getting him to play is half the battle. Finished 6th overall among all RWs in Goals. Another guy who had a high shooting percentage at 44.4% some may complain he is here but i think if he can show up for people consistently he will be worth a pick. He is more or less like a European Player will he sign and come over and play or will he just not show up?
    Projection- Mid 2nd -Early 3rd

Honorable Mentions

@HazeeHype - Shoutbox presence 10/10 , stats are decent as well but sometimes doesnt stop in the shoutbox.

@Girgs28 - Replacement all star and all around good player.

@TommyLegamerQc - Plays a solid two way game. Interesting to see if he gets drafted.

Overview- Top Tier talent in Kraz makes this a interesting group of guys. The other 4 make me question what this group can provide, but all in all a interesting group of guys.

BEFORE i start defense please note defense is extremely hard to rate i tried using LGrank along with +/- and points to help rank people. So apologies in that regard. I still think these people are legit so thats why they made this list.

Left Defense

AHL:

1. @MxsterV2-77 - Widely viewed as one of the toughest LDs in the AHL, have been told by multiple people that he is a stud in the back. @Kuzy--92-- once told me to trade my whole team for him....i considered it. Would have been a allstar if he was around for the game. Threw in 40 point as well and was the stay at home dman for @Stiivii-66 . Out of those two i would personally pick @MxsterV2-77 first.
    Projection- top 10

2. @Shawntheboss_1 -Another solid LD who played on the americans threw in 40 points as well. Have seen him play versus my team and some others as well has been very stellar in the back crisp breakout passes and a good defensive stick. Hardly in the wrong position and would be a good addition to any teams needing a LD man.
    Projection- Top 20 first

3. @Greeno1822 - This man here is pretty legit out of the 5 he would be my favorite. Played some club with him a couple of times and found he hardly ever fucked up. Was able to compliment a more FWD based Dman like myself, also got management status at the end of the year. @Bigbeefy013only ever has good thing to say about this S2 all star.
    Projection- Top 20 first

4. @Fumancheezy_ - Led all Dmen in points also posted a respectable +37 as well. Havent had the chance to see this All Star in action at all this year. I know @Jlm1410 thinks he is a solid player combined with his stats that will put him #4 on my list.
    Projection- 2nd round

5. @JosephVelenoMe - What a shame my owner needed a goalie and that we had to trade joe. Solid dman with a offensive flair as well. +/- isnt as high as others but a puck moving dman who can handle themselves in all 3 zones is worth a pick up to me.
    Projection- 2nd round

Honorable Mentions-
    @GeneralPatton044 - 16 Goals leads all dman by a wide margin, likes to hit a lot as well which is a case for concern.

@Goosechuk - Solid dman all around and likes goats...top tier

@xTrev_Sportx - Pretty solid player shakey on the puck and gets nervous with it sometimes if he got more confident with the puck he would be dangerous.

Overview- Lot of depth here and the defensive class is stronger then last year in my opinion. Getting Dman on the cheap with 2 year deals is great for building a top team.

Right Defense

AHL:

1. @Stiivii-66 - Worth a lot of money in the AHL bidding and is most certainly worth it. 54 points with 15 Goals and 39 Assists. To be fair im not sure he has not seen a shot he didnt like. Can be the focal point of a teams offense but im not sure how that will work at the next level. Heard rumblings that he may switch to winger. If he does stay he will be the best offensive dman prospect coming to the NHL.
    Projection- Top 5

2. @zdball - Played with @Shawntheboss_1 to from a shutdown top tier D pairing for the americans. Plus he also has some management experience and is a good guy. Played club with him and you will never catch him in the incorrect spot. Should be good whether or not he plays with@Shawntheboss_1 or not.
    Projection- Top 20

3. @xXWeedFarmerXx - 41 points while holding down the right side one of the few people who is marked as elite with over 20 games played by the LG site. A staggering +69 dwarfs all other RDs in the LGAHL PSN. Good two way player and one that could step up and possibly help a NHL team next year.
    Projection- late 1st- Early 2nd

4. @Blderunner_GT - A heavy hitting stay at home dman. A little pricey contract this year but he has showed that he seems to be worth it this year. 20-5 record with a +49 and 30 points while playing for the wolfpack. Slightly concerned how his heavy hitting ways will work in the NHL but he is solid in his own end.
    Projection- Late Second- Early third

5. @Qc_ChieF-27 - 46 points in 24 games 4 goals and a amazing 42 assists. Has QC in his name so you know someone is gonna pick him for that french connection, but even if he did not he would still be a solid D man to draft. Not many weaknesses here, could arguably be ranked higher but defense is rough to rate.
    Projection- Mid to Late Second

Honorable Mentions

@ll_Larkin_71_ll - OFD if you stay at defense someone may give you a shot based on what you could add to the team.

@Guilbault27 - Dont know much about him but solid stats across the board.

@saluci - Another player i havent played with or versus much but has solid stats. Worth a look as well.

EVEN more of a crap shoot then defenders is goalies so try to just enjoy this for what it is, im not actually scouting these guys. Going to list 5 guys unlike skaters 1 doesn't necessarily mean he is better then the 5th ranked guy its just names on a list Also not sure how goalies are valued in the draft so im going to skip projections.

Goalies

AHL-

1. @sanjose01 - A veteran of other leagues but rather new to LG, Sanjose was solid in net this year winning 35 games while only losing 10 all year. Cause for concern was he faced alot less shots then the average Goalie with a increased workload will he maintain his 79.7 SV% .

2. @Cheesuschrst - Played versus him and watched my team play him. He some nights got net to no help faced the 5th most shots and first most as a prospect. His stats may not appear as good as others but put him on a good team and i guarantee he is looking alot better.

3. @Recon_monster - Another player who played for a god awful team but still tried his best. Recon kept his team in a lot of games but at some point facing 15+ shots with no offensive support will start to get to you. 75 SV % on 605 shots is impressive.

4. @OnEil_15 - Much like your team you have one style and you do it well. A confirmed middle sitter oneil still put up decent numbers and made the all star game, but was dropped for the playoffs? 77 SV % while facing only 482 shots for a team that played a heavy trap game.

5. @lx-J-o-n-e-Z-xl - finally tagged you right. Put this man on the list because he may be the most annoying goalie to play in all of LG. He stops shit he shouldnt and rarely gets beat by anyone. 82.9 SV % for the regular season 12-2 and his playoffs are going just as good. Would have been interesting to see how good his stats would have been over a full season but i still think he is one of the top goalies for this class.

BONUS CONTENT

@NH4JP made a nice power rankings for this article thanks for the time and effort you put into this. He has some people i dont really know of rather high so thanks for putting this together.

S2 NHL Prospect draft Power Ranking (21st of July)
    by: NH4JP

1- :team518: San Diego Gulls RD @Stiivii-66
    2- :team312: Rochester Americans LW @P t P 10
    3- :team517: Ontario Reigns C @WWickie17
    4- :team313: Portland Pirates C @i-Bone__Crusha-i
    5- :team515: Backersfield Condors LW @Karlsson_MVP
    6- :team349: Rockford Ice Hog LW @ryno1354
    7- :team349: Rockford Ice Hog RW @Kraz18
    8- :team312: Rochester Americans C @ItzJohansen92
    9- :team349: Rockford Ice Hog LW @nriney
    10- :team518: San Diego Gulls LD @MxsterV2-77
    11- :team515: Backersfield Condors RD @Guilbault27
    12- :team518: San Diego Gulls C @Girgs28
    13- :team314: Hartford Wolf Pack LD @GeneralPatton044
    14- :team314: Hartford Wolf pack G @Biglambers
    15- :team312: Rochester Americans RD @Qc_ChieF-27
    16- :team312: Rochester Americans LD @Shawntheboss_1
    17- :team309: Syracruse Crunch G @Balaia
    18- :team349: Rockford Ice Hog G @Xx-RASK-xX
    19- :team314: Hartford Wolf Pack G @sanjose01
    20- :team312: Rochester American RD @Ryan_x_28
    21- :team298: Toronto Marlies RW @Wasteaway44
    22- :team349: Rockford Ice Hog RD @JNasTy_19
    23- :team307: Minnesota Moose RD @Kane_l88l_
    24- :team395: Chicago Wolves LD @Fumancheezy_
    25- :team305: Albany Devils RD @ll_Larkin_71_ll
    26- :team517: Ontario Reigns LW @Linde94
    27- :team392: St John's Ice Cap C @IxI-Toffoli-IxI
    28- :team314: Hartford Wolfpack RD @xXWeedFarmerXx
    29- :team300: Texas Stars LW @rV_CLuTcHz
    30- :team395: Chicago Wolves G @ItsPolgz

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Nybarisny
  2. BaLaia31-

BaLaia31- Hustle

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -3
    JP u had me at hello

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. Ryan_x_28

Ryan_x_28 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ryan_x_28#6675
    Ratings:
    +800 / 30 / -71
    Hmmmm G or RD S3?

ryan_x_28
  4. Studs-7

Studs-7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    кяанишщтюсрплчшкывещ#8820
    Ratings:
    +163 / 15 / -20
    Good read

No Streaming Account
  5. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    what hello?

No Streaming Account
  6. xCaptainComeback

xCaptainComeback Well known member

Ratings:
    +170 / 28 / -19
    Glad to,see there are still some glaring omissions, hence sleepers. You guys know who you are. Shhh. :)

No Streaming Account
  7. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Someone really fucked up if Wickie goes top 3 lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    JClaus33
  8. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    why?

No Streaming Account
  9. Ryneauxx

Ryneauxx The RyGoat

Discord:
    Ryneauxx#2337
    Ratings:
    +409 / 18 / -41
    Do i get a trophy for being #1 LW?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Ryneauxx
  10. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I don't think he personally has any business being taken there, having played against him and with/against all the other AHL guys as well.

JClaus33
  11. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    You will know that you will always be number 1 in my heart

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  12. iD4N3_90

iD4N3_90 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 8 / -33
    Damn @nyBARISny how you gonna leave me out of this lol

• Like Like x 1
    Id4n3_90
  13. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    They have you as a prospect? Good lord...I didn't know

Nybarisny
  14. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    • Like Like x 1
    Pastahnak
  15. Heqld

Heqld Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Heald#5251
    Ratings:
    +401 / 9 / -35
    I am going to play fwd next season so people know if you want to draft a fwd

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. lxWaRpAtHxl

lxWaRpAtHxl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 11 / -13
    Man, can't wait for the CHL top prospects. Hope I Crack the top5.

No Streaming Account
  17. Goosechuk

Goosechuk Self Proclaimed LGHL PSN Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +851 / 25 / -26
    Appreciate the honorable mention. Love playing in the league and hope to see myself drafted. Think I can be a consistent defenseman for any team in the NHL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    goosechuk
  18. Jlm1410

Jlm1410 S11 Jack Adams winner

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    No one will sign dane ;)

• Funny Funny x 2