Goalie Feedback - Post patch

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by jonlol, Sep 10, 2016.

1. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Hey guys. I haven't had a chance to play goalie post patch yet and I'm looking for feedback specifically on the patch update (I've seen and heard your general complaints).

I want to relay this to the devs ASAP.

How is it.compared to the beta?

How is it compared to 16 (keeping in mind we have 2 weeks with 17)?

Is the left stick movement more responsive now? ... they fixed lateral movement a bit.

Did they break anything.with the patch?

Is the RS broken now? What controls and settings are you using if it is?

Any other new/old issues?

What are you happy with?

@Macdonald x l9l @Th3 l AnD 0n1y @JmOnEy2436 @KingKonz- @StamToast @Nuge

eashlgoalie
  2. Leafy

Leafy lg bully buster

Discord:
    Leafy#2854
    Ratings:
    +1,901 / 4 / -10
    Still feels similar to the beta imo, which I'm alright with, I've liked how it's been going. 16 was awful, it seemed like as a goalie you really had no control over the outcome of games before, now you can at least do some stuff. From my experience so far it seems like less random nonsense goes in, other than people running into you and the goal counting (haven't tested that post-patch though). I thought the LS movement was smooth except that with precision it's really quite slow, and you have to use precision otherwise you'll fly out of your net. I'd like to see them make the lateral movement with precision just a bit quicker.

I didn't notice anything "broken" other than there is one glove-save animation where you're in position and just totally miss the puck, I'll have to take a video and send it if I get it again. Haven't played TOO much though, so we'll see. The goalie stances appear to work now and hugging the post feels smoother, I like that. I've never used the RS for the big butterfly save nonsense so I can't comment on that. Hope this helps you. @jonlol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeafyTV
  3. JmOnEy2436

JmOnEy2436 Goalie Consultant

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    There will be a lengthy message after I play more games.

• Winner Winner x 1
    TheCreasePolice
  4. Anndroo

Anndroo 2 season NHL veteran

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    Goalie movement feels a little better after the patch. I have had no issues with goalie so far. I never liked playing goalie in 16. The most uncomfortable I've ever felt playing goalie. This includes the early EASHL days when you couldn't even hug the post manually. I instantly liked playing goalie in 17 Beta. I use the RS occasionally and no issues there. I've only played a couple games

• Like Like x 1
    Anndroo
  5. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Ok thank you guys for the feedback.

As it turns out the RS is not broken. I'm sure where these guys are getting that from lol (EA Forum AIDS). LS movement is improved but obviously not up to the speed standard people would like.

eashlgoalie
  6. Leafy

Leafy lg bully buster

Discord:
    Leafy#2854
    Ratings:
    +1,901 / 4 / -10
    @jonlol would it be possible for them to make it so that when you come on the ice as the extra attacker it switches to the camera angle you have set for your player?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    LeafyTV
  7. CAPTAIN TURTL3

CAPTAIN TURTL3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    I had this happen a few times, but now it just shows me sitting on the bench like last year. is there a setting somewhere to change it?

And yes the camera is terrible, it should be set to the same as your player camera is.

captain_turtl31
  8. CAPTAIN TURTL3

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    I find that the LS butterfly slide is less powerful than last year. Makes it harder to get across the crease that way.

I've also had a few instances when I got frozen in the BF, had to do a desperation save to get out of it.

The post play is still good. haven't noticed much of a difference from the Beta. When you hit the buttons to go into a rev VH and you're not really close to the post it is a bit slow to get there. I've stopped using it to stop wraps.

captain_turtl31
  9. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    The latest tuner removed this feature temporarily. There was a bug where your stats wouldn't count if you finished the gamr on the ice as the extra attacker

eashlgoalie
  10. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    It feels like they turned down goalie recovery after making a save too. My goalie just feels really slow coming out of save animations and making a move to rebounds.

cup4bluesNHL
  11. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    I also wish we could have the positional arrow back that points towards the puck to help us play the angle on higher cameras.

cup4bluesNHL
  12. CAPTAIN TURTL3

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    For the most part I think goalie is a lot better this year than last year. I feel like I can make harder saves, and that I am penalized more easily for making mistakes.

I do have one complaint though. If you are shuffling cross crease to follow the puck carrier or a pass and that player shoots the puck against the grain, so if you are pushing right and he shoots it to the left post, you goalie will automatically go into the butterfly and continue his motion to the right. No matter how hard the shot is he will always keep moving to the right. I've let some pretty weak shots go in from this. This isn't realistic, in real life any goalie would plant their right foot and then go into a butterfly in the direction that the puck was shot.

I can see if the player lets a rocket go, but the strength of the shot doesn't affect the move the goalie makes. he always butterfly slides in the same direction he was moving. Its beyond frustrating.

captain_turtl31