LGAHL AHL Player Review, Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 10, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    This weekend marks the middle of the season and time for you(the players) to give some insight into what changes you would like to see for the League or the Site.

There has been a ton of recent "hot topics" some which affects the players and some which don't. Therefore I want to see what your thoughts on these issues, as well as add your own ideas:

NHL
    AHL
    • Eligible players for call ups, and ECUs?
    CHL
    • EXPANSION!!! How? And How SOON!!!!
    Site Ideas / Changes
    • New chat system, (RIP-groupme/skype)
    • Pro Series? The Return?
    • New Site Home Page?

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. A_Lucky_Pucker

A_Lucky_Pucker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 21 / -26
    First off, I would like to see amendment to the rules with regards to no showing to games. This season we had a Goalie No show for 2 of his 3 games and show up for the 3rd game. In 5 weeks he played 7/17 games scheduled. I would like to see league add a max number of no shows per season as grounds for a ban. For example max no shows is say 9. Once the player no shows 9 times in a season he is eligible to be banned.

Second, making the TCp's not call up eligible limited the talent pool significantly in the AHL this season. I think it is good direction to go but feel it was implemented a season or 2 early. As more guys obtain A status and V status the talent pool will obviously grow. I would recommend reverting back to TCp's being call up eligible in the AHL for next season.

If TCp's are not going to be eligible to be called up. I would recommend in the AHL Roster menu there be a way to filter all the TCp's. So management can easily see the call up eligible guys.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Prince-Of-Zeus

Prince-Of-Zeus Stanley Cup Champion

Discord:
    Zeus#3516
    Ratings:
    +330 / 8 / -18
    If we could be allowed a single Prospect Player on the main roster weather it is an RA P or a regular P that would be beneficial as many players have either quit or been banned

• Like Like x 8
    PrinceOfZeus
  4. A_Lucky_Pucker

Ratings:
    +168 / 21 / -26
    I would recommend max 1 per position... So 3 TCp's max

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. PatEthic

PatEthic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 16 / -28
    When you get release, you should lose 500k or 1 mil from you salary... just looking at mikeedee1 situation... was signed too high, and now keep bouncing around.. that blows

• Like Like x 5
    Patque20
  6. c-fo-fizzle

c-fo-fizzle The MAJOR is here!

Ratings:
    +47 / 4 / -6
    Chat - just use discord. You make roles have manager rooms private its just set up for gaming to a tee.

New Home page - yes

Chl expansion - let me know when DUB teams come in

No Streaming Account
  7. A_Lucky_Pucker

Ratings:
    +168 / 21 / -26
    Goalie ECUs
    If the player is signed up as a G, and is ECUing as a G they should be able to ECU 6 games a week, if regular G's can play 6. As a result of this increase, they should also be eligible to ECU a total of 16 games instead of 8.

I would like to see 1 more round added to the NHL draft. Adding too many rounds will decrease the importance of bidding and lead to inflated salaries. Prehaps 1sr round players salary 2 mil, 2nd round 1 mil 3rd round .750 mil and 4th round .500 mil.

Expanding on my previous post about TCPs and limited talent pool. Another option would be to have player status change more frequently then once at the begining of the season. Perhaps automate a system that identifies when a TCp has reached his 15 games in the CHL and updates the players status to A status.

No Streaming Account
  8. Sycesg

Sycesg Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Syce#7297
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3 / -11
    or just have like 7 draft rounds and it would be up to the nhl teams management to give contracts to the players drafted or to send them back down to the CHL, but those drafted non signed players can still be called up to be on the AHL roster or the NHL roster but then the NHL would essentially have to purchase that players contract to use them in the NHL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Syceth
  9. Mazzatti

Mazzatti Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 14 / -17
    While I agree with your max number of no shows idea (I think even 5 no shows should be worth banning) I think there is a ton of available talent in the CHL for the AHL. According to the pre draft post before season 4 there were going to be about 1,000 players that were AHL eligible that weren't going to be on rosters in the AHL. I know I'm one of those players. I've looked at AHL rosters and there are tons of talented AHL tc's. I'm not sure how many are left from that 1,000 but there should be plenty. If it's difficult to filter out all those with A status then I'd say that's an excellent recommendation. Although as you state the point is probably moot as by next season there will be tons of talent qualified to be called up. Being able to filter those players though would most definitely be an improvement.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    Cash shop on site where we can add more customization to player profile or shout box spinning logos etc. Doubt it will happen since they are already donator perks...but some way to spend the salary we get on this site would be pretty fucking neat. Bc rn there is 0 benefits and its a negative when you get a high bid, and you better off getting bid on for league min.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    icallsowhat55
  11. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    Maybe every team has a "Priority callup" where they can add x amount of players to their roster regardless of Status

Also I think the Salaries for draft picks should be adjusted. Something like 3 million for First Round Picks 2 Million for Second Round Picks and 1 Million for 3rd round picks IMO 2 million for a player who is most likely going to be a top line player is too cheap considering the cap for the NHL is 35 million and these players are locked into contracts for 2 seasons

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Windmillsfordayz
  12. overkill2020

overkill2020 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see this site better optimized for use with the latest version of Netscape Navigator. I have had a few issues and have attached a screen shot of what the LGAHL home page looks like on my screen.

I even had to switch web browsers just to make this post.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    2 things:

2-3 season "contracted" commitments for GM/Ownership responsibilities. Give these GMs and Owners a reason to build a franchise and not just give up when they have a bad team for one season. Allow them to buyout out of their contract (similar to ban buyout) hassle free in the form of a site donation. Gm/ownership is a privledge, not something to do hap-hazardley. Might not be applicable for all leagues or levels, but you could start with NHL owners and go from there. If an owner wants out after year 1 they get the same ban as if they quit mid season.

More emphasis on Draft. I think this league needs to be played more like a fantasy league in this aspect. I feel as though there should be an NHL, AHL, and CHL draft applicable to Amatuer and Prospect players. Same amount of rounds in all leagues. Higher the round the higher the salary. Drafted players have 2 season deals. This places more emphasis on draft picks and most importantly it gives losing teams purpose come trade deadline time. Instead of selling players to their friends to "try and help them win" they can actively attack the market as a seller like in the real NHL. Stock draft picks for next year so that they can get better/first crack at the best players. Helps franchises be built and stops team stacking at the end of the year.

Id be happy to better explain/communicate these suggestions via PM or Voice chat if needed. I really think these two ideas would benefit the league in a large, impactful way at all levels

EDIT: Bidding would still happen, but it would involve players who didnt get drafted after each draft. Example: NHL draft, nhl bidding, ahl draft, ahl bidding, chl draft, chl bidding

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    krok0dill
  14. Leftwing_Bully

Leftwing_Bully Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 47 / -28
    Somehow some way the league needs to allow for longer then 1 season ownership, It's a shit ton of work that goes into a team for a Couple months of play then it's basically dismantled. All that work needs to be done again. I see pros n cons of course because a bad team will most likely be a Bad team unless in the new season owners can build draft picks based on positioning the previous season, Maybe you protect 6 guys or 10 guys not sure really. I think if owners have like 3 seasons to build a franchise it would be great.

Maybe use an ownership point system so useless owners can't get a new team or can't continue with his current team.

Most guys no when an owner is basically giving players to other teams, so let's have the league set up a committee and keep an eye on trades.

I also think that no trades or waives should NOT be allowed in the first week maybe 2 weeks. Seems to be so much going on and guys that were bid on get dumped before even getting to play a game. So freeze trades n waivers early on, and make teams put their team on the ice that they actually bid on.

• Like Like x 1
    higsaul87
  15. Blackngold37

Blackngold37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    I've read through some of the ideas here and there are alot of great ones. Imo as others have stated, more players on tc rosters that are call up eligible as they are extremely limited, like said, until the league grows a little more and people obtain A status or more.

Next thing, and I habe discussed this with several other LG players already. Shortening the playing week to 3 days with 3 games on each day to fulfill the 9 game week. This would allow players the option yo be scheduled and habe all their games played in 1 night of the week. This could make it easier for scheduling as well as players being able to be involved and play therefore increasing the players in the league and obviously broadening the talent pool. It would make it easier for management to schedule as well as players to get their games in and do what they need to do in life etc a little easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    And this. I've seen this many other tines as well. After this fiasco of a season was done for me, I received information that I was bid that high by a person that has some issue with me and they wanted to bid me up to screw me over this season which they effectively did. On that note, some kind of cap limit on players. I don't know how it would be implemented or what. But perhaps tied into P, A, V status having a max bid on it or something. Tough to implement maybe but something to look at to prevent this from happening to other people as it could get carried away. There's nothing to stop someone from bidding whatever they want on someone, to then tc them and nobody claim them because of their salary, effectively ruining that person's season.

@PatEthic idea is great to have the players salary drop if a team drops them. Great idea that should definitely be implemented.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Another thing. All Star game....People say they want realistic to real hockey, yet the all star game has players from a few teams every year. This needs changed badly to include representation from ALL of the teams. It makes it alot more fun for everyone in the league as well as every players team mates etc. It's also the same as real hockey and we are trying to make this as close of a SIM as possible to that.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    @LG McDonald would a schedule like this be possible?

No Streaming Account
  19. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Extremely doubtful

It doesn't allow for enough time and availablity for each player. People work. Some guys can only play twice a week. Having a five day schedule is better for managers and getting games played

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Oh. That was what the people I've talked to have said as well. But they liked it because they have jobs, family's etc and could have the opportunity to have all their games played in 1 night. Some people in school Smith different type of schedules liked it for that reason too. Can get your 3 games played in 1 night and more time for life things.

No Streaming Account