LGAHL AHL Player Review, Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 10, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Great idea for our private chat system

@Tris10

Possible?

• Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Unused resigns already result in an additional bidding contract to issue.

That PIM for late starting games is becoming an trendy topic

LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. SchwimpEggWoll

SchwimpEggWoll Mees le Pleb

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56

I think it would be nice to turned the unused re-sign into a draft pick. It makes it more benefitial for a team that can't get people to re-sign players. A third round would be feasible.

meestopcheese
  4. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    But then we have to add place holders to the draft that aren't real picks. So where do they go? At the end?

There is a good proposal to have the draft expanded to five rounds

LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. SchwimpEggWoll

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    Yeah they would have to be compensatory picks at the end of the third round. So for example, if you had 8 teams who didn't use a re-sign, do a random selection for those 8 teams and they would each get a pick at the end of the last round upon the completition of the actual draft. Idk, it's just an alternative for not not using a re-sign.

• Winner Winner x 1
    meestopcheese
  6. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,503 / 57 / -72
    Doing that would be punishing new GMs for taking over a new team. A lot of new GMs prefer to be able to trade their resigns because they get more value back. Tying their hands won't give new GMs more incentive to take over a team.

• Useful Useful x 1
    wags82
  7. SchwimpEggWoll

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    A lot of new gms trade their re-signs because they don't know exactly what they are worth. plus a new gm would most likely be a chl gm moving up (since you need management experience) therefor the draft pick would be worth a lot to them since they know the chl market better than most ahl gms do.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    meestopcheese
  8. SchwimpEggWoll

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    It also eliminates teams from having half their team built before bidding because they trade for 4-6 additional re-signs. Re-signs are used to help build your team prior to bidding, teams with 4-6 re-signed players are abusing the current system. A re-sign in the hands of someone trading for it is much more valuable than whatever the team would get for said re-sign

• Winner Winner x 1
    meestopcheese
  9. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,503 / 57 / -72
    You're suggesting replacing them with supplemental picks at the end of the third round. I paid much higher prices in draft pick value for the re-signs. So how can you say they have more value? I gave up a 1st for one of them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    wags82
  10. SchwimpEggWoll

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    And what Was the return of your re-sign? Probably much higher than the first round pick. Either way, it should be eliminated. Not to mention you traded with the NHL owner so ahl owner doesn't benefit from either way (regardless of who came to who, it's how it happened) that's why if the property stays to the ahl owner, he can re-sign someone or get an additional draft pick instead.

meestopcheese
  11. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    I also like the idea that @Mees Top Cheese mentioned that all NHL players should HAVE to clear NHL waivers (minus draft picks).

There is a specific organization that I've noticed does a lot of send up/send down within 3-4 hours some nights, every week. This also negates the "8 game ECU rule". It would avoid the system tampering that they're doing, which I believe is against the rules?

• Informative Informative x 2
    DaYoungBuck
  12. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    The draft picks belong to the NHL organization tho..

That is kind of the kicker.

There has been a few debates as well and a few NHL owners have given some insight as to why they value trading their resigns as a new owner. It seems to have benefit his rebuild as well

@Colonel20

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    This quote was from the Management Forums of the same topic, which is then I started my rant :eek:

OK, so what is the barrier here? What makes the deciding factor if a person should be NHL or AHL caliber? PPG average? Where (League) he spent most of his time Playing? What if people prefer earlier times? There's so many differenct factors than can impact someone's decision. Due to NHL having 3 time slots (9, 10 & 11pm), some people don't want to be up & awake till midnight. Some have jobs, families & lives.

I don't see how Staff would be able to tell someone "yes, you may be AHL Management" or "No, sorry... you're forced to be in the NHL". In my eyes, that is dictating where someone "HAS" to play, not the opposite. Also, does that mean if a NHL caliber should not be allowed to be Management in the AHL, does that mean a AHL caliber player should not be able to be Management in the CHL?

Now, on to some ideas (haters, bring on the negative ratings lol)... some of the things mentionned are good ideas though.

@Tris10

- V, A & P Statuses:
    I personally think 60 is a good number. 60 CHL Games or (half) 30 AHL Games to go from P to A. 60 AHL Games or (half) 30 NHL Games to go from A to V. This would start preventing some "NHL Bidding on A's & sending them down to the AHL"

- Summer Season (Pre-Bidding Paid AGM): Some liked it, some didn't... but especially for a new Management group coming into a new Team, it would help them just a little bit if they would be able to start off with the GM, AGM & AAGM positions already filled. Give the person a set Salary (like Season 24).

- ECU Situation (Numbers): I find the 3 a week, 8 per Season some what of a Good Idea, but would modify it a bit. I would potentially increase it to 10 ECU per person, per Season... but would decrease the number of Games per person per week to 2. This would force to use other ECU's instead of the same one. So if a Team has a player who can't play for a week, they won't be using the same player for his 3 Games, so more people would eventually get a chance.

- ECU Situation (Counter): There should be a "Counter" of how many Games a person was used as ECU on their Stats Profile. Cause especially DP's (whom are Waiver Exempt) can play Games for their NHL/AHL Team while being on the Roster or being on the TC. Say the DP plays 6 Games on the Roster, gets sent down to TC, then ECU's for 3 Games... his Counter (on Roster Page) will be at 9, but he only ECU'ed 3 times. But if a "Counter" would be added to their Stats Page (that adds a GP to the Counter every time a Player is ECU'ed), it would say "3 GP" since he's ECU'ed 3 times. I saw a Team (WBS) get issued a Game Reversal (which was reversed back) because of this issue.

Solution...
    [​IMG]

- Stats (Website):
    I've noticed that due to the API system now being used, there's Stats that have been stopped being kept track of. Example (PPG, SHG). I was wondering (even if we have to add them manually), if we could have those Stats back (Powerplay Goals, Shorthanded Goals) as well as adding some newer stats (for skaters: Game Winning Goals). As for Goalies, if it were possible to split the L's from OTL... as it only shows W-L records for Goalies. I'd also bring back the "Goals/Assists" trackers for Goalies.

- NHL Entry Draft: I've heard discussions about the Rounds being increased from 3 to 5. I personally think this is a good idea. It would make the Draft a tad longer than usual, but if good Owners do their homework, it shouldn't be that much longer than usual. Now, as for the monetary way of doing these 5 Rounds, this is how I'd do it...

Round 1 - 2.5M (2 Seasons)
    Round 2 - 2M (2 Seasons)
    Round 3 - 1.5M (2 Seasons)
    Round 4 - 1M (2 Seasons)
    Round 5 - 500k (2 Seasons)

Waiver Wire: DP's would remain Waiver Exempt from both NHL to AHL, and AHL to CHL. I would also keep the current Waiver Wire rule (V Status) needs to clear from NHL to AHL or AHL to CHL... and (A Status) is Waiver Exempt from NHL to AHL, but would have to Clear Waivers from AHL to CHL.

Waiver Wire (addition): Just a little addition, nothing big that could come in handy for us Management would be to add "Position" & "Salary" on the Waiver Wire page. That way, Management don't have to go to Roster tab to see what position that player is, how much is his salary & so on. Will include example...

This is what the "Current" Waiver Wire looks like...

[​IMG]

With some tweaking, this is what the Waiver Wire could look like...
    [​IMG]

Penalty for late Start:
    Now, some sees this as a Good thing, some sees it as a bad thing. Personally, we haven't had that many problems with Games starting late, because we have good Communication with other Management. If a team needs time due to certain issues then it's understandable.. cause such occasions can occur (Server connections, player playing in PSN League, coming home from work, traffic) and are inevitable. What would be the fine line for those penalty things to be? I would just leave that rule as-is... and instead would just insure that Teams are well represented instead (Competent Management).

Off-Season Resigns: Teams should be allowed "3" Resigns per Season instead of 2. Reasoning behind this, is because I feel Teams should not be able to Trade resigns, or Trade players to be resigned then traded back. Just like a couple of Seasons ago where teams were only allowed a certain amount of RA-V's on their Roster... they should just make it that NO Team could enter bidding with more than 3 Resigned Players.

Resigning Amounts: I didn't see any issue with the "Amounts" for the Resigns. I would keep it the same way, instead (as stated above) 3 resigns, instead of 2. Those amounts are...

- 500k to 1.5 million = a 250k increase
    - 1.75 to 3 million = a 500k increase
    - 3.25 to 5 million = a 750k increase
    - 5.25 to 7 million = 1 million dollar increase
    - 7.25 million + = a 1.25 million dollar increase

CHL Position Lock: OK, i'm not the only one who thinks this is long overdue. Even though we are AHL Management, the CHL Position Lock does still affect us in the AHL. Example: we have a "Center" that quits mid-season, and Trades are sometimes difficult to come to an understanding. Well, we have Joe Schmo in the CHL who is an amazing Center, but he wanted to play with his butt buddy in the CHL, so he signed up as a Dman or a Goalie (refer to Seattle in the CHL right now with their 32 Goalies on their Roster), which means we couldn't even call him up to our Roster, since he's signed up as a G, but playing C in the CHL. One thing, due to "Prospects" not being allowed permanent Call-Up to the AHL, we could maybe think of keeping the "No Position Lock" in the CHL, but ONLY to "Prospects". Any "A" or "V" that signs up during or after AHL bidding SHOULD be forced to play their Position of which they signed up with.

Playoffs Restrictions (Game Times): Couple of things regarding Playoffs. I would change the format of the Games, so that there really is what we call "Home Ice Advantage". Meaning, Games 1 & 2 should be Sunday (9:30 - 10:30), Games 3 & 4 on Monday (9:30 - 10:30). Game 5 on Tuesday (9:30), Game 6 on Wednesday (10:30) and finally Game 7 on Thursday (9:30). Some will disagree due to their Players not able to play certain days. Well, that is on Management, not players to have Players with better availabilities.

Playoffs Restrictions (ECU's): I would keep the format of this year for future Seasons... NO RA-V or P should be allowed to be used in the Playoffs for ANY reason what-so-ever. As for A's or RA-A's, Numbers should be 4 per Playoffs, 1 per Round.

Player's Association: We used to have this back in the day, but I feel that it needs to come back. What I mean by this is... the LGPA (LeagueGaming Player's Association). We have Staff and BoG's that hands out rulings for certain issues, but where is the Player's Protection in all this? What we need is for some people to actually step-up (must have a very good knowledge of the Rule Book) so they can assit Players when they need to appeal bans, suspensions & other penalties issued to them during Seasons. Pretty much, they would be the councils / lawyers or legal-aid for those Players in need.

Player Cards: This was a cool addition, but with the Thousands of different brands in the World, I was wondering if some newer models could be added.

Trophy Case: I know people that used to play in the VHL remembered how the site / stats were complete garbage over there, but a thing I really miss, is the Trophy Case that was on the Player's Profile, and on the left side (when they posted in Forums). Will post an example...

[​IMG]

Availability / Confirming Games: One tiny little issue I have as Management is the "Availability / Confirming Games" system in our Locker Room. Some people will say it's easy to navigate, and i'm not arguying... it is easy to navigate. But sometimes can be a pain. Say my entire Roster signs up for the Games they can play... I have to then go to that section, and scroll up & down forever to see who can play where, who can't play where (where as in Day & Times). What I somewhat suggest is somethin smaller, simpler & would not need for excessive scrolling. Right now, the system has it where you pretty much see 1 Game per screen (with continuous scrolling to see other Games).

I will add 2 pics, first being what the current system is... and second, is the way I manage my Players Availabilities. If the current system could be the same way as the way I do it, it would be easier to see who can play when, would involve less scrolling & time saving. Also would be available to have set lines easier. As for TC's, I would just put them in a seperate tab, so when you need ECU's you click on the Game itself, and ALL ECU's who signed up for that Game would show up, seperating them from the Roster signups.

Current System (with excessive scrolling)
    [​IMG]

The Way I manage My Teams Availabilities
    [​IMG]

So, as you can see... in the way I do things, no scrolling is needed... everything I need (to see what Lines can play when) is all in the same screen. It's a time saver, and a bit more efficient in my opinion.

OK, well I feel that i've ranted for awhile now... So, I guess for now... that's pretty much what comes off the top of my head real quick... but i'm sure if I think longer, i'd be able to come up with other suggestions. For those who actually read all that lol, kudo's.. and for those who didn't read it, you might want to... some of these things could be good.

PS: I also posted this in the "Management" Forums.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Sebby6138
  14. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  15. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    @Cydonian Knight

Post dude! I'll just hit on a few points.

These debate is about talent taken ahl management. If those players want to play ahl times then come to ahl bidding. That option isn't being removed. Many feel it's better for the league to not allow NHL players(top point scores high en manages take AHL management roles). Based on their career it shouldn't be hard to determine..

Love the ecu ideas! A counter would be extremely useful!

The stats issue is based on what stats ea showcases within the API. We are pretty luck that Tris has contact with the dev guys whom handle what stats are outfacing on the API and with me on the gamechangers we will be pushing for these stats to return come NHL 18 as well as look to add some
    Additional ones.

Waiver winter addition sounds easy. And would've a huge help!

The late start penalty id like to see the manager dig deeper into. Get a feel to see if this is something we can use toney stuff started in time.

I like the playoff ideas! Those ecu rules WILL be in play for this playoff. The game time will be yet another debate for managers to have due to availabiiity issues

The PA is kind of a lost art now. So much that I've changed the bog format. I haven't touched a complaint that wasn't a second tag issue in over five seasons now. All the appeals I review on Fridays and have been pretty fair based on why players have been removed. In all honesty gone are the days of managers filing false complaints to get players ban. Most times managers hit up the bog to ensure that they are handling removals the right way. I have been fair for real life issues. We could sue more public support ensure the players are more informed tho.

Love the trophy idea and I want us to add milestones now since we have verified stats

The availability ideas I also feel would be a great idea.

Go back into your post and mention Tris. So he sees your site posts!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  16. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Wreck It Random

Wreck It Random Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wreck It Random#1836
    Ratings:
    +580 / 37 / -56
    In that case I'm all for it. Only issue I see with it is that people may abuse it possibly. We all know people like to troll.

WreckItRandom
  18. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Hopefully Tris will implement it with the ability for team managers to remove people, like they can from the team chat today.

If this auto-adds people who are drafted/won in bidding and auto-updates as people are traded/waived, it's going to save a ton of time for managers.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    A lot more is coming to that system for sure !

LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    This is the best post I've read all season. The resigns are so abused as some teams value them more than others and then the bidding is watered down, and teams are stacked before the season even starts

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account