LGAHL AHL Player Review, Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 10, 2017.

1. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    I'd like to see resigns/allotted contract years for bidded players be the same pool.

Teams that want to keep a core intact (with annual mandatory price hikes) for multiple seasons should be able to do it, and should be rewarded for their long-term planning and dedication.

Teams that have no one to resign should be able to either pick up an extra person in bidding, or have extra contract years available for bidded players. (I think we did something halfway on this last season. Wasn't paying attention to it this season.) So you wouldn't have 4 contract years / 2 resigns. You'd have 6 contract years with the option to use (2? 3? 4?) of those in advance for resigns. But they could resign X number of people, and only have 6-X extra contract years to allocate to bidded players.

No Streaming Account
  2. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    Should stop players brokering their own trade.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    mattyhandz
  3. PivotGivinner

PivotGivinner Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PivotGivinner#6848
    Ratings:
    +1,108 / 39 / -95
    What's your suggestion on how to stop this?

No Streaming Account
  4. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    If the playner is caught doing it ban or reverse the trade

• Winner Winner x 1
    mattyhandz
  5. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I guess you were right @PivotGivinner.

With this being the second season in a row an owner has fired and AHL AGM, and that AGM be a relatively good person in good standing with the league who now has a management ban on them simply because their owner deemed it so, I think we need to take a look at the punishment for getting fired as a GM.

Right now, as I understand it, the punishment is a typical manager ban. To me, this makes no sense. When you get fired you aren't leaving the league of your own free will, you're literally not given a choice. I'd personally like to see a management firing send that player to the TC of whatever team they were management from, and unable to play in the same level they got fired from for the remainder of the season; ECU or otherwise.

Either that or just a 1 season removal. Or entered into FA for random assignment.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    iMackie21
  6. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    There should not be any punishment whatsoever in the case of an NHL owner firing an AHL GM (or AHL GM firing an AHL AGM.)

If there are allegations of misconduct by the AHL GM, those should be reviewed by AHL BOG like any other complaint and the appropriate action taken. Depending on the outcome of the complaint review, a ban could be incurred.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    But in certain cases, @macros73, the Owner is just having a bitch fit and punishes his AHL team for it.

DaYoungBuck
  8. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Yeah, that's why just getting fired in and of itself should result in no punishment for the fired party.

If misconduct is alleged, it should be filed as a separate complaint. It's then up to staff to sort through it like any other complaint to determine if there was actual misconduct.

This brings up another issue though when it comes to people fired from free GM/AGM slots. They should have a salary applied that is based on an index of what people who performed similarly were paid the previous season. Otherwise you get into a situation where Mr. Awesome NHL Player gets fired from his AHL GM job and goes on to be a 500k player for another team. That would also be bullshit.

No Streaming Account
  9. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    If the GM fires his AGM, I agree he shouldn't get banned. But if a GM fires his AGM, the new AGM should keep his cap hit and not receive a 0$ contract. GM's should do a better job in selecting their AGM.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Good idea. I still think the fired manager also needs a salary assigned that is fair and reasonable with regards to their skill level, if they were a "free" manager.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    That's impossible to judge.

• Winner Winner x 2
    iMackie21
  12. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    It's pretty easy to get a working system in place that would generate a "player power factor" for players based on wins, points, and +/- or (GAA/etc for goalies), look at the salary for those players that season, and generate a scale. It's all in the database.

Would it be perfect? No. Would it be better than "fuck it make him 500k?" I think so.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    You realize how much coding that would be? It's completely excessive, especially considering how salaries fluctuate, and a person can be 500k on one team but 3m on another depending on a teams salary situation. Salary doesn't dictate skill, it dictates how many teams want you and what their cap situation is.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    iMackie21
  14. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Yes, I probably have a better idea of the scope of work involved than you do. Hopefully the "i overpay you because I love you" stuff would balance out with the "I was underpaid last season."

If you have an alternative means to generate some sort of index for market pricing based on performance, I'm all ears.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    There's literally zero possible way to give someone a generic price on their head lol. You could give them the paid AGM tag of 3m, but how many people are actually worth that? Like, I was 7.5m last season simply because Wags had the cap and said fuck it, he had the cap. There is not a fair way to give people pricing in a bidding system that doesn't go by skill level, but rather how many people want you.

• Useful Useful x 1
    iMackie21
  16. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    And now you're a 500k 3rd liner (based on the teams you play)

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    The intent is to determine a salary that is generally fair to the player, other teams, and the market. A fired manager should not default to becoming a $500k player for another team unless that player is someone like @Da Young Buck.

Instead of waving your hands and saying it can't be done, propose an alternative. The fairest way I know is to compare that player's past performance to similarly performing players and seeing what average salary brackets they were in.

No Streaming Account
  18. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    You can't simply look at a dudes numbers and say "yep, you'll be 4m this season" with our bidding system. Them going into free agent Friday as 500k is literally the same as all the late sign ups that get assigned every week. You're idea is basically saying everyone who had more wins or points than me last season should be 7.5m because they're clearly better than me.

Literally the only way you will get a fair price salary is to either give gms a salary at the start of the season (already got shot down as an idea 2 seasons ago) or host a private bidding when a player does get fired (good luck coding that without issue.)

iMackie21
  19. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    No, I'm saying that for forwards, the average salary of the players who performed similarly to you should be used to assign a salary to a fired manager if he was in the same performance bracket. That number may be $7M. It might be $2M. But thats going to be more fair to the rest of the league than defaulting it to $500k.

FAF is similar and I think that a bracket average system should be used for them as well, but we were talking about fired managers. If Fish got fired, it sure wouldn't be fair if some team picked him up for $500k.

No Streaming Account
  20. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Your salary cap should be split into 3 sections for bidding.

One section, 53% of the cap going to the 9 forwards.

One section, 35% of the cap going to the 6 defence.

One section, 12% of the cap going to the 2 goalies.

Prevents over spending and creates a realistic market

DaYoungBuck