Could you be the next CB prodigy?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by xF Trae, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    My number 1 suggestion for new players to 11v11: Give defense a shot. It may not be a flashy, stat grabbing position, but every team would love good defenders.

I wont dash your dreams of becoming a goalscoring champ if thats what you wanna do, but you have to understand theres a long list of guys looking to fill offensive roles.

If you wanna play right off the bat and quickly gain experience that allows you to be top talent in this league and others, then look no futher. Defense is gonna become your best friend.

To me theres nothing more satisfying than putting the chains on some cocky striker.

And hey, at the end of the day, maybe you sacrifice a little and take up a defensive role till you get your name out there. Plenty of guys in defense find a manager that gives them a shot at a midfield or a striker role.

For those who take the leap like I did, I put together a short list of tips to remember for defense:

-Always watch where your player is through the minimap when your team has the ball. Make sure you are in a position to defend if your team loses it and you get countered. When you come up to midfield just stand on the center line. People can and will be onsides if they are behind you but still in front of that line. Super simple way to help yourself prevent counters.

-When defending corners set up with one cb front post one cb back post. Dont actually mark a player. Just stand near the corner of the 6. If you are tight on a mark and they cut to the net when its kicked, you will get beat. Most teams will play it front post or back post so you want to already be there when they do it. Let your teammates mark a man. Your big ass forehead should be where they are most likely to play it

-If you are going up for a contested header, using clear rather than 'a' will win the header much more often. I personally only use A when i know im winning it.

-Constantly be looking for people making runs for through balls. Dont try and get fancy and put them offsides, because if they time it right they will be in on goal. Run with them so if the pass is played you will be the one to get it. The only time you try to put them offside is when they are far enough forward that you stepping up quick will put them offsides because they will be behind your entire D line.

-#1 most important aspect of getting better: Play often. The only way to improve your game is to actually go out there and play. But if you go out there with a mindset of playing just to play, you are cheating yourself out of getting better. Every time you get scored on or make a mistake, mentally take note of what happened and what you could do the next time that happens. Focus on your game and what you personally can do to be a better player. If you constantly complain about your teammates and how its always their fault you arent going to improve. You gotta work to improve the variables you can control. There is usually something you could be doing to cover for your teammates mistakes and prevent a goal against.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JaysWayss

JaysWayss Chat Shit Get Banged

Ratings:
    +644 / 20 / -46
    #1 Tackler in the League here, and unlike Pep Guardiola at Manchester Shity, I do teach tackles.

• Like Like x 2
    JaysWays_
  3. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    PREACH PA VP!

• Like Like x 1
    Lokix6x
  4. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    CB may not be the most fun position on the pitch, but it is arguably the most important.

I'll give lessons for $15 an hour....

Paypal works...

So does Roblox Bucks...

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Trae x8

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    is that a childrens game

6. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    Who needs lessons when Nick teaches free of charge?

GolSkiii
  7. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    Yes. Yes it is. I just downloaded it yesterday and there is actually alot of interesting shit to do. It would be a fucking riot if you were hammered lol

No Streaming Account
  8. Pave1Blacksyuk3

Pave1Blacksyuk3 Washed up

Ratings:
    +206 / 69 / -63
    I mean I am one of the best d men in lghl so pretty sure I can do it. HMU BRO

NikLidstrom420
  9. Trae x8

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    You can definitely make it fun to play. If you go into it expecting it to suck then it probably will for you. I still enjoy contributing to a win and especially if our team gets a cleansheet. Or even just personal victories, like you know you had a really good game or you know you made a clutch play that prevented a goal.

As far as importance i agree. The biggest difference between the top teams and the bottom teams is the defense. Its been a trend for a long while now, that the teams that are most successful through the whole season almost always have a pretty stacked back half. Gks and dms included

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trae x8

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    I wont discredit offense, because its a lot harder than it looks, but i just like to note how important defense is due to the much larger skill gap. I also think the impact you can have as a single player is dramatically higher in a DM/CB role. Obviously the team aspect of defense is still there but you can just be a one man black hole on defense while offense is very team reliant and a lot more dificult to make solo plays

11. Risxn

Risxn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 5 / -9
    Defense is a lot of fun. I love breaking bum ass attackers legs in a tackle or just making them look stupid. I score a good number of goals coming up on corners and stuff too. Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships. Remember that

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  12. x Maple EH

x Maple EH What Are Ya At There Buddy?

Ratings:
    +77 / 34 / -90
    Hi Trae

No Streaming Account
  13. Trae x8

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
  14. Viva Vendi

Viva Vendi The Greek God

Discord:
    vendi.#0
    Ratings:
    +42 / 8 / -14
    Defense is trash. Most leagues don't even give the option to enter defensive stats

No Streaming Account
  15. Trae x8

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    If you are a good defender people will recognize that. I know the people i would love to play with and so do most of the serious players

16. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    Sup. I got a small dick.

• Useful Useful x 1
    GolSkiii
  17. washed up wany

washed up wany Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 13 / -17
    heh im already prodigy