Beta opinions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by G lR ii M x, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Gilleh

Gilleh Lil Gilly

Ratings:
    +601 / 28 / -55
    Puck control is shit and stick handling is way too slow

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    gilpump
  2. a Bas3 CaMp3r

a Bas3 CaMp3r Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 55 / -68
    nhl 17.5. All types of 3s is fun. The game is almost the same though with the exception of changed controls and the defensive skill stick.

• Like Like x 4
    A_Bas3_CaMp3r
  3. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    The game doesn't seem to be broken as years before, things actually seem to work the way they should for the most part.

I question the button mapping for these different dekes and things like between the legs passing but i was also able to map my controller to make it easier. More awkward than anything

6s had trouble getting games underway for the opening faceoff which i really hope is attributed to being the beta but once full release comes out it could take till January to fix that issue.
    Vs/6s felt really really slow and dumbed down. Maybe this is a step they wanna take towards realism and forcing you to dump the puck in but i felt like i was navigating a tank that couldn't do much more than north south.
    I welcome the new dekes/between the legs options as it should add to opening things up a bit
    D was boring. The all new skill stick that was in 16 and 17 (hold RB and use RS) mechanically is different in 18 but the results are the same
    Chop seems nerfed and stick lift seems buffed, i think both are how they should be.
    I would really like to see game speed increased not getting slower like it seems to be.

I sat at 60ish ping in some games (Vs and 6s) which is higher than any game in 17, i know it potentially has to do with my own internet (still 25/5) but still dont understand why its that high especially since beta should be a smaller weight on the servers and whatnot

Arcade NHL 3s with blue ice i think was a real waste of time, i dont think it gets played after September, but i think i would like to see EASHL builds on there as the 3s instead of on the normal rink.

I do see this as a patch and find it hard to justify the inevitable $70+ it will be in Canada.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  4. IM HEARTLESS323

IM HEARTLESS323 IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    well i have played 3 skater games so far and 9 as goalie (all 6's)

Skaters thoughts

1- Poke checks are still way too over powered and need to be toned down and the deke's have zero feelings cuz of it
    2- While on a breakaway the defender can still catch you from center
    3- Skating is still sluggish
    4- While skater is protecting the puck and you hit him, you just bounce off them
    5- When you hit the player on the boards he acts like nothing happen and still grabs puck and continues on his day
    6- Game play speed needs to be turned up a bit
    7- I have seen so many broken deke attempts even from opposing team

Goalie thoughts

1- Way better then nhl 17
    2- The goalie actually makes the saves it supposed to, but when you make a left pad save it still tells you that you made a low glove save, or if you make a blocker save it tells you that you make a low pad save
    3- Moving post to post to try n stop the wraps needs to be sped up
    4- I'm not sure if all goalies experience this - when making a pad stacking save the goalie more times than not just lays on the ice as if it were a glitch or something
    5- When the goalie makes the save and the other team charges you, make that a penalty instead of allowing them to try to bull ride the goalie
    6- When trying to make it to the bench while on a delayed penalty - it tells you that ur careless positioning and while ur trying to play the puck on a dump in or to prevent icing it tells you the same, after about 4-5 "careless positioning" warnings you get kicked from the game lol

Overall if EA actually just tweaks a few things here n there and actually doesn't feed to all the kids who cant score after games is released, this years game actually has potential to be one of the better ones in a few years

@LG McDonald @Tonyferelli @Nuge

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    im_heartless323
  5. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    Frustrating Puck pickups are still here with many people skating circles around the puck trying to pick it up. And now sometimes when people get passed to say on a cross crease the player makes no attempt to pickup the puck he will just let it sail on by.

Also even if you have a massive lead on a breakaway the defender still catches you most of the time which is BS when everyone is supposed to be the same speed.

The through the legs deke is ridiculously hard to pull off consistently because its way too hard to get into the perfect toe drag to pull it off. Most of the time when you roll the stick all the way back you only get a half toe drag which won't work. EA needs to fix that.

Cant comment on goalie yet since I only played 30 games all Forward yesterday. But from what I've seen they seem stronger then last game.

(Before someone gets after me for spelling I'm typing on my phone in 110° F heat. I don't feel like correcting myself right now.)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  6. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    More fluid skating, better animation that is way less clunky, new defensive skill stick, improved goaltending, a two touch deking system... SKILL GAP, Defenders can actually get near the blue line without their player taking it offside automatically, turds/deflections have been toned down, crisp passing that allows you to punish defenders who aren't in good position. What more could you ask for?

Almost forgot... I can pick up a puck that is right beside me without skating directly over it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Saucerman x3

Saucerman x3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    saucermanx3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,640 / 111 / -142
    I really hate it honestly. The between the legs deke from 17 is impossible to use, The button combos on most of the new dekes are really just not natural and even if you get the combo i cant imagine pulling the moves off with our 40 ovr EASHL guys more than 1/700 times.......... but there is mouthguards :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Saucermanx3
  8. Oldfreakgoat

Oldfreakgoat Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oldfreakgamer#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 20 / -31
    C la même shit que Nhl17 100$ pour ca fuck

• Like Like x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  9. JohnForslxnd

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Pull back forehand + LB + right stick left or right... SKILL GAP

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I think poking is way too easy. Feel like at the very least they could up the trip frequency or else defense is piss easy.

Otherwise I think they need to make the dekes fail a bit less often.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Game is still very sluggish.

Puck pickups are still terrible even for player builds that should have a higher success in picking them up.

Pucks sail away from guys when the pass it right to them.

Chops are weak.

• Like Like x 2
    cross_x_check
  12. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    There are 2 problems with the Through-the-legs deke

1 - Pulling the toe drag all the way is very difficult and most the time you just do a half toe drag and when you hit LB and RS up you just do this sort of hop deke. The actual toe drag animation in 18 compared to the one in NHL 17 is a little awkward.

2 - The times you do pull it off your player refuses to pick it up similar to the NHL 17 beta. And I'm using players like Crosby and Ovechkin.

This is after countless minutes in 3s arcade on rookie difficulty. EA definitely needs to work on it.

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. JohnForslxnd

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Pulled it off first try with a DFD in 6s.

No Streaming Account
  14. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    the chop the puck thing in nhl 18 sucks they need to go back to nhl 17 puck chop was better other then that the game fine for me on defense i got no other issues love the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  15. JohnForslxnd

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    It "sucks" now because it was way too OP in 17. Try swatting a puck one handed in real life it wont go far.

No Streaming Account
  16. Pont40

Pont40 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 24 / -20
    If it wasn't for LG and the whole league system we have outside of the game, I would not spend or recommend spending money on NHL 18.

NHL 18 is literally the same game copied and pasted with a different cover, different menu fonts(NOT EVEN A DIFFERENT DESIGN, how lazy can they be?), about 10 added dekes, and a defensive stick.

Pros:
    -Defensive stick control is useful and new
    -3v3 is a nice add-on if you can't find 6

Cons:
    -Same menus
    -Same graphics
    -Actually worse gameplay somehow
    -Slower
    -worse puck control
    -SEAMLESS puck pickups
    -Same people playing with the same
    clubs makes it almost impossible to play with good teams regularly
    -New dekes are just re-added from older games but now rarely work with new puck mechanics.
    -Goalie animations and controls still suck

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Pizzi

Pizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 3 / -2
    Absolute trash just like every other NHL game on current gen consoles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    xPizzi
  18. Trobs

Trobs Prime Example

Ratings:
    +1,074 / 29 / -28
    Make turning faster, make pokes worse, make RS/ and a button better for possession and its a good game. A tuner can fix all of this and the game is already way better than 16 and 17. Turds and tips rarely go in now, chops aren't op and stop passes, and less auto animations which is awesome.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  19. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    there is potential

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Delusional6346

Delusional6346 First Ballot 19 and 2nd ranked player in Arizona

Ratings:
    +195 / 183 / -207
    so what did the game changers, change? oh yea they didnt do anything but say awesome game and thnks 4 the free trip. such a waste and used as pull the wool over the sheeps eyes tatic, pretend to care but still do what they want to. this is why monopolizations are banned, no competion equals watch us pretend to care n still take ur $$$$$

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account