Beta opinions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by G lR ii M x, Jul 25, 2017.

1. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    it because your a nub and was bad at it i was a expert at it that why i loved it all about precision.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  2. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Adjust. Nice losing record and career -10 btw. You don't need to be chirping anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  3. Easy Macaroni

Easy Macaroni Alex

Discord:
    easymacaroni#0
    Ratings:
    +616 / 12 / -8
    This is pretty much everything I dislike about the game. RS stick handling feels super slow and the skating and gameplay in general feels slow. It makes it hard to enjoy games, but they are simple fixes and if they are patched I wouldn't have a problem with much of anything.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    EasyMacaroni
  4. KoryDub

KoryDub Free Agent

Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -16
    I'm quite happy with the gameplay changes. I know a lot of guys are still bitter about how much the game has sucked in the last few years, but I think there's some noticeable steps forward being made.

Defensive skill stick is absolutely the #1 addition to this game. Playing defense is ridiculously fun now. There's still a balance that doesn't favor offense or defense, but I assume the crying from the children who only play forwards will once again convince EA to 'tune' the game more in favor of offense 2-3 months after retail release.

Until then.. It's an enjoyable experience.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    korydub
  5. KoryDub

KoryDub Free Agent

Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -16
    What makes you think that it's not needed?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    korydub
  6. Gala

Gala Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gala#4555
    Ratings:
    +1,119 / 410 / -397
    Can the servers handle it @Girgss

No Streaming Account
  7. Mr Torts

Mr Torts 3-time

Ratings:
    +380 / 29 / -11
    Turds/tips don't work as well anymore which is nice but the skating is still far too sluggish and puck control needs to be much better.

I'm fine with turning down the power of chops but mapping them to RS was a terrible decision.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  8. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    I've played a lot of defense every year since 12, defense has been favored on next gen and it's been way too easy in 17 and now this 18 beta. If you think it's balanced then you're just bad at defense. Sorry.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  9. xRICKOSHAY

xRICKOSHAY Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xrickoshay#0
    Ratings:
    +516 / 38 / -26
    Now I don't even have to time my RB, i literally can hold it down and wait for a skater to get within 10 feet of me!

Honestly, the game feels better and there seems to be less stupid shit hat happens from 17. But the game is near identical. Defense is more fun being able to really control where to put your stick, but it's still way too easy. I like that passing seems much more rewarding than displaying an incredible amount of skill on offense by flicking up.

I hope they speed up skating and puck handling though

• Like Like x 3
    xRICKOSHAY
  10. Facialize

Facialize Baby, you're a firework

Ratings:
    +196 / 5 / -19
    This many just be me. When i use the two-way dangler, I take so many penalties compared to any other build.

No Streaming Account
  11. P4ttelite

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    you suck kid come back to me when u reach the nhl level until then keep playing chl scrub

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  12. JohnForslxnd

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Let me know when you win something thanks.

No Streaming Account
  13. tristn

tristn Beast from the East

Ratings:
    +22 / 11 / -11
    the game feels slower than 17. I think they need to adjust game play speed.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    If a player without the puck is holding left trigger in a strife skating backwards as the attacker is coming at them, and as the attackers get ready to pass them on left or right. The defender should be penalized if they continue to hold their left trigger with a low acceleration. If the defender let's go of their left trigger just prior to the attacker passing them they should not have a low acceleration. This might not seem like a big issue but it can mean a huge difference in outcomes of a play. Hip movement matters alot when trying to be in perfect positioning. Sure EA might not care because the default setting to auto backstage is in but everyone I know in LG has that setting off because they want to have full control of their player.

selke1
  15. l Miller 16 l

l Miller 16 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 3 / -6
    I've played my fair share of games already, I will say the first 10 games I didn't enjoy the game. But once I got the feel of the new controllers and understood that skating, stickhandling part of it I found it to be a great game besides a few flaws.

#1 the one handed tuck, now this is a great thing to add, but playing hockey at the level I play at I've been around the game enough I know the game inside and out. I have yet to see someone pull a one hand forehand move or shot. It's absurd, in the game you see you own guy use his bottom hand and move it to the top of the stick, I don't think that should happen at all.

#2. Poke checks and defensive skill stick, so far every defenseman I've played with say they really enjoy the pokes and hope they don't change, the one thing that needs to change is being able to poke the puck off someone when you're behind the puck carries (directly) behind the skates where you poke threw the skates. Now the defensive skill stick. Amazing thing to add into the game, well happy thy revamped it, years past you could hold rb and move your stick around but it increased your chances to trip someone. The one thing they need to change in he defensive skill stick is the speed of your guy. I feel when you start holding RB your guy skates a little faster and it's superrr hard to stay in one spot, really seems you're always moving while holding RB. Other then that I think the pokes and the d skill stick are almost to where they need to be in terms of sliders.

#3 versus right now kinda sucks. You start out picking your team and jerseys and then you search for a game, once you find an opponent, you don't even get to see what team they are you just load right into the screen. Example: I was playing as the lighting and got into a game where the other guy was using an all star team. This is the one thing they need to fix in versus, hell it might even be like that in hut.

#4. 3v3 and 6v6 in club.for 3v3 This is a big one and that is that any penalty should result if a penalty shot. I also would say maybe adding some smaller builds? Maybe different D builds or even make it so you can play with 3 fwds and no D. For gameplay I think they either cut the game time down or increase the game speed, or even both.
    6v6 I find is a lot harder then years past, which is a great thing, making the game more competitive. With this you see a lot of teams trapping now. With the d skill stick it's pretty hard to get into the o-zone or even cross the red line. I feel they need to increase the success rate of getting a pass threw the "triangle". I also wanna say that the LT back skate and letting go and then holding it again while you have the puck is OP. I just don't think you should be THAT good on your edges. Bring back where you would fall.

#5. Random stuff. I absolutely love seeing the new camera angles in between the whistle is a cool add. Doc, oh boy. I'm really tired of hearing him get a hard on when you score a Hattie or a special team goal. The net coming off is too much. If it's possible make the net more weighted? Like having pegs in the net. Should be able to make it where at a certain amount of weight, speed, force something to where the net will then come off. None of this stuff where when the goalie runs into the net that it comes of, or when someone chops. Last thing that I extremely enjoy and is also hard to do is beat someone 1on1

Thanks for reading,
    L miller 16 L

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    And what have you won?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Its_cakes
  17. JohnForslxnd

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    I'm not the one going after people because they don't like the new game. Won just as much as Pattelite has in a month compared to his 4 years LMAO

Actually I've already picked up a CHL presidents trophy and the elusive Beta Caca award so he needs to catch up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  18. KEAPPS

KEAPPS Wrangler

Ratings:
    +249 / 11 / -32
    I've skated through poke checks and have had missed pokes poke the puck off me. That poke to puck contact needs work.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  19. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    No Streaming Account
  20. P4ttelite

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    i already won a chl and ahl cup back in the vhl before vhl merge with lg the only thing i have yet to win is a stanley cup in the biggest league in the world but i will 1 day after i do that i will have nothing else to prove i would have won every thing there is to win so your far from being close to me i won many things been playing 6s since 09.

• Useful Useful x 1
    xspezzal19lx