LGHL vs Esports (ESHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Str8syko-_-

Str8syko-_- COMEBACK SZN

Discord:
    str8syko#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 14 / -13
    A) More frequent tournaments with smaller pool. This will allow teams to not get bored if they are doing awful and be able to regroup the next one.

B) Ladder of points based on where the team has finished each season( 1st-20 pts 2nd -15pts etc) It will allow for a more balanced league towards the end and people trying hard until the end even if it is only to take a few points....a few is better then none.

C) Year end Tournament comprised of the top 8 teams with the highest point totals for a high percentage of the prize pool from all the other smaller tourneys.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    str8syko__
  2. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    You were 11 in season 1. Of course if you're a completely inexperienced newborn baby, ye... you're probably going to improve.

There's a difference between low end player and unknown player.

That club isn't going to take you in and play you if you're just a complete shitter willing to improve. If that's what happened, you're just incredibly lucky then lol

Realistically you had thumbs, someone in LG saw you and thought you were good, they clubbed with you, and you guys got along.

I've been around since NHL 09 when club started and I can't think of many examples of average players becoming elite, unless they moved from Xbox to PSN or they were a product of a good situation in LG... but usually that gets exposed shortly after.

• Like Like x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  3. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    I think the biggest take away from these posts is that we need player dedication. Being late for games that your team paid money to play in for because of VG is sickening. Not just because it's VG. I put both LG and VG on the same level of casual competition.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    eashlgoalie
  4. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    Having some kind of tiered league with promotion/relegation would be pretty cool. The idea of club league is cool bc you can play with people you want. VG did that but the way it was ran was less than ideal.

premierplayer
  5. xCr0sbyXx87

xCr0sbyXx87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 37 / -53
    I adopted dxwny at a young age he wasn't as good as he is now he played and got better we probably club together for about 6-8 months dude improved everyday...now he has a watch he didn't start out with the best he worked his way to being one of the best.

Much love to @Dxwny <3

• Winner Winner x 2
    xcr0sbyxx87
  6. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    To all the people mentioning they don't want to join because they aren't good enough or can't commit enough time to play to get good - I don't know why you even opened this thread. ESHL is not for you. It's for the best players / clubs. If you're one of the clubs that grabbed 6 players who never really played much together just to participate, thanks for your money. The whole purpose of ESHL is to show who's the best club, not bring the community together to hold hands and run through the flowers. Sure, there may be teams that have been put together like the Miami Heat, but those clubs solely play with one another whenever they can and shit on your faces in EASHL. They still practice and get familiar with eachother to create chemistry. Look how well the last minute BBK pickup for JAM worked out. Dude didn't even play in the playoffs because they were more confident with someone else that's been playing with them for a while.

I imagine if you're over the age of 18, $10 or $15 dollars to buy-in is nothing. If you see clubs forfeiting, it's because 1 of 2 things happened. The players realized the team they put together really isn't good enough to win prize money and gave up. Or they didn't actually pay money themselves and someone (team captain) bought the whole team in so there's no feeling of attachment to play. There's a lack of importance to them because they haven't put anything in.

Another thing, even putting the words DOTA or LoL or any other major fucking PC tournament and trying to use that as a comparison to what we're doing here is hilarious. We will never get to that level for many reasons - Console, hockeys not popular, small community, EA doesn't show support to it. The best and probably only thing that will ever happen is ESHL here on LG imo.

And I don't know about everyone else who participates in this tournament - but the money prize is a joke and always will be unless real sponsorships come in. Who gives a flying fuck about 150-200 bucks over the course of the stupid 2 months this tourney takes place over (another conversation that's needed). The watch this year was cool but I know I and a few others participated because of what it meant to be #1 at the end. The title of being the best was the coolest prize, the money was just a small incentive. If you don't care about being the best or about 150 dollars then you have no reason to join something like this. So take that casual ass attitude back to your LG teams who are actually trash and would lose vs any real ESHL team because chemistry is few and far between the two. Quality of games is a joke when comparing the two.

One last thing, the season that precedes the playoffs is a waste of time. Nobody wants the tournament to drag 2 months. Skip the season entirely and put everyone in a randomly seeded tournament bracket.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 5
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    A) This thread was a force read for the entire community
    B) The title literally says "LGHL vs. Esports (ESHL)" so this topic relates to everyone within the LGHL community, it's not an ESHLer-only thread.
    C) When you start a long post with something stupid like this, people are less likely to read your entire post.

First line in OP:
    "There has been some discussion lately about why The LG COMMUNITY (Players and staff) @Tris10@LG McDonald prioritize League over eSports."

• Winner Winner x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  8. B-Bunny

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    Nothings a 'force read' just because you got a notification about it.

The title is misleading to say the least. This is an ESHL thread to the fullest.

I'm not concerned about the people who don't read my post because they probably aren't participating in ESHL anyways.

If you want to continue a personal conversation about my post and have nothing better to say about the topic at hand you can PM me bruh

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    That was basically my Pro Series experience. Pay to play, then wonder if we're going to manage to actually have 6 show up any given game.

radapex
  10. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    The only reason I responded to you at all was because you proved one of my earlier points.

People who would care about ESHL often come with a shitty elitist attitude, kinda like the one you came in here with.

The title isn't misleading and the OP is pretty clear, they're wondering why the tournament doesn't appeal to the masses. Your post actually contradicted everything they were looking for because you were trying to make ESHL some sort of closed door event for the eyes of the select few you deem good enough.

This is exactly why nobody gives a shit about it and it'll continue being a small potatoes event.

Unfortunately the OP was also looking for ways to make it more appealing to those of us who don't think it is right now... but it's pretty tough to change the elitist culture that has always been around in this community.

• Winner Winner x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  11. B-Bunny

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    It's not going to change. Random clubs filled with groups just put together don't join and play in real $$$ tournaments. People who don't think they can actually win don't join and play in $$$ tournaments. The whole idea of ESHL is for the elites. I'm sorry if that's even a discussion that needs to be had, but it's not going to change. It's why it was created. If this thread does anything it is simply trying to lure sheep with change as an attempt to fill up the tournaments more. But the very foundation of something like this will not change - it's for the best of the best.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    Literally this attitude is why it won't ever grow into something else. Sidenote: How were you ever an EA mod? Holy fuck that attitude.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    premierplayer
  13. Kernsy

Kernsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -63
    [​IMG]

kernsy35
  14. Dxwny

Dxwny Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wavynana_84923#0
    Ratings:
    +674 / 26 / -61
    SbXkZ.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    Ehnana
  15. Str8syko-_-

Str8syko-_- COMEBACK SZN

Discord:
    str8syko#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 14 / -13
    Its a small potato event because 85% of people dont have thumbs to compete with the other 15%...its pretty cut and dry...they also lack wanting to play as a team and with the same people all the time

str8syko__
  16. B-Bunny

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    What's that have to do with anything? You don't know me dude.

Anyways, no matter how this is 'reconstructed' the purpose won't change and the people who are casuals won't stop complaining about it. If you don't have the dedication to start your own club and play and practice to get better, or want a Miami Heat team, you don't belong in one of these tournaments. It's not an elitist attitude, it's how it is.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. west-dubz

west-dubz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 60 / -65
    I remember when I made this guy my LD threw him under my wing and taught him the ropes, unfortunately he left me behind.

duubbzz
  18. Str8syko-_-

Str8syko-_- COMEBACK SZN

Discord:
    str8syko#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 14 / -13
    Dubz you are the worst

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    str8syko__
  19. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    ESHL will never be as big as LGHL and if anyone tries to implement this event when LG plays, then this event will die out even further. Sure the big dick players will prioritize ESHL over LGHL but like someone said, that's about 8.76% of the community whereas the rest of the community won't.

Let's not forget that this is a side event to LGHL. And that you have to pay into this league for "better competition" when in reality it's just the big dicks shitting on the teams who have no chance.

So why would I waste money on 2 months of pure torture when I could buy two Big Mac meals with it? I'm a shitter, I acknowledge it. And bc of that I won't be donating anymore money to this event. Let's not forget that I can play competitive hockey for free.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    zChieef
  20. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Pretty clear you joined on page 3 and just started saying shit without reading any of the other posts already made.

Good talk.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LazyPedestrian