LGHL vs Esports (ESHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Aug 14, 2017.

1. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I'm not sure why everyone is so upset. This tourney is made for the 15% or whatever number you want to put on the people who are deemed to be a "very good" EASHL player. The wanting to get more players in, is fine but you have to be willing to take the FFs. The AHL/CHL teams just aren't good enough to compete with the Club Teams and prob will be discouraged easily.You can take random NHL players put them together and make a decent club, it just takes a lot of time. Lemonaid Stand is a good example I think as nobody knew who anyone on that roster was except for maybe @soccaplaya11 and @frost I17I . But the time that was put into that club was actually disgusting and I would never do it again. Playing something absurd like 4+ hours a day is simply not a option for a lot of guys on the site. All of that roster is more or less known now, but I'm pretty sure nobody knew a lot of that club roster as a "decent team", but after a lot of playing it competed, alas ESHL was never attempted because of things(bans). But Americas Cup put up some good battles as well in this past ESHL and that roster doesn't have "elites". If you want to play to "get better" or good ole competition then of course by all means sign up. But don't be surprised when your super AHL roster composed of AHL all stars gets dicked down. Look at FNP...the teams composed of all CHL/AHL players usually just take Ls and then continue to something else. That's what you signed up for, to play. Having smaller shorter competitions maybe will MAYBE increase the number of teams and decrease FFs. For example Manitoba Moose first line enters and gets absolutely mauled. But if the competition is only 2 weeks long then they prob just stick it out and finish it. I mean Germany is still playing in IHL. I agree with a lot of what people said in this thread but I think we should stop pretending this is a tourney for everyone and just say what it is. A tourney for the top 3 or so clubs to play and battle it out and to give the other 13+ other clubs something to do if they are bored late at night.

• Like Like x 3
    Nybarisny
  2. Kernsy

Kernsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -63
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kernsy35
  3. Dxwny

Dxwny Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wavynana_84923#0
    Ratings:
    +674 / 26 / -61
    0514239001433798828_filepicker.jpg

Make way for the new king :eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Ehnana
  4. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    The fact that it's a side event is the problem. But your argument is ridiculous.

You're basically saying: why would we want to prioritize a competition with the best players playing against the best players when we can watch shitty players play against each other?

No other game in real life or esports does that because that's dumb. Why would I go watch 15 year olds play baseball when I can go watch an MLB game? The MLB shouldn't exist we should all just go watch our local beer league and prioritize that.... LOL

ESHL will not die if it's during LG times. Leave LG for the casual players. It's fine they can have their fantasy league while the skilled players compete with each other for money. The prize pool will grow eventually. Just because it's worth 50 cheeseburgers from mcdicks now doesn't mean with sponsorships (which are a WIP) it won't be worth 100 cheeseburgers one day. You'll be jealous while we all give our selves heart disease and you're being some stupid fit mall cop.

• Like Like x 1
    eashlgoalie
  5. JoPz-95

JoPz-95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 4 / -8
    Downy still eats ass tho so he basically talking a whole lotta shit

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Konzy--

Konzy-- 1 Aye

Discord:
    Konzy#4934
    Ratings:
    +899 / 28 / -44

What attitude? Bunny has just been echoing what everybody else in this thread has been saying.

• Like Like x 1
    konzzzy
  7. JoPz-95

JoPz-95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 4 / -8
    I'm still trying to figure out why people think this game is hard to be good at?? They act like the "elitists" play for 20+ hours a day when in reality they probably play less or the same amount as the average player, unless your rickchel or kush (i love you kush)

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  8. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    You're the one here trying to make ESHL more popular yet you say "leave LG for the casual players"...

LG provides competition just like ESHL. Even the big dick players lose games in LG... In reality, it's only a select few wanting more people to join ESHL. Like I said, I've done my donations to this event, tried it out for two seasons and it's just not for me personally. However, because I'm a moron I'll probably sign up for it again and donate some more money.

But the fact of the matter is you want more people to join ESHL and I'm saying that won't happen if you try to make ESHL conflict with LG when ESHL was a side event to LG to start with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    zChieef
  9. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    "XBOX
    LG Sign Ups - 3,849

ESHL SIGN UPS (Not The Marc Savard House Party Invitational) - 248 players
    12 Teams Invite Division
    19 Teams Open Division

PS4
    LGHL Sign Ups -2,733

ESHL PSN - 158 players
    19 teams"

This right here should show you everything you need to know. The interest isn't there and just because you eshl players don't like it and want to somehow turn this into a living doesn't mean the vast majority of lg players have to go along with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Kernsy

Kernsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -63
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kernsy35
  11. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    I know I know I completely forgot that there's people who 2nd tags. Whoever really second tags aren't loyal or just wants attention. I guess the league would need like a high security for my idea to prevent second tags

New_Yorks_Elitist
  12. Dxwny

Dxwny Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wavynana_84923#0
    Ratings:
    +674 / 26 / -61
    Qo0BAFo.jpg

What Kerns was looking like all season ^^^

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Ehnana
  13. Kernsy

Kernsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -63
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    kernsy35
  14. debarrd

debarrd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 5 / -19
    The whole reason I brought Dota2 up was to point out that this pro series shit is a joke for the most part. It will never be big and it is what it is.

It is console vs pc so I agree with you and Nhl will never ever ever ever, amount to anything more than it is in the near future.

Regular Lg leagues should be prioritized as they have grown and are well done. If the main league gives up prime times i can guarentee a drop in the lg leagues attendence. Money leagues always have issues especially when they are small run leagues like prob series.

debarrd11
  15. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    I'm going to contribute to this as a lower level player.

Maybe I speak for myself here, but I enjoy watching games from a league that I'm a part of and directly impacts me. I recognize that I'm an AHL player at best and that's why I enjoy watching LGAHL games and the production and coverage that @tsibs88 and the rest of his crew provides. I don't have a vested interest in watching games from the ESHL or even the LGHL for that matter just because those players are "pros" and better at the game.

The original question of this thread is basically why would someone prioritize LGHL over ESHL. It's the skill level and willingness to become "elite". I mean, a handful of the responses from players in the ESHL have already said it here, it's a league for the top skilled clubs and players. I think a large part of the community is like me and is smart enough to recognize their own talents to say that our thumbs are not as good as your thumbs and we don't want to put our lunch money on the line to prove it.

The "started from the bottom now we're here" argument doesn't do much for me. Good for you that your skill level has dramatically improved. I'm happy for you. But it's not fair to criticize the masses for not having the same desires and dedication to do so. Most are content with what the LGHL format provides for free and enjoys meeting and playing with new players from season to season, even if it is at a lower skill level.

If prize money is what you're after, I always thought that the LGHL format has huge potential for monetization but you have to be careful not to scare away too many players by entry fees. But that's another topic for another time.

I truly hope ESHL players and clubs get all the praise and recognition they desire. I'm certainly not rooting against the league, just voicing my lowly opinion as to why it doesn't appeal to me.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Markz_51
  17. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    Let's talk about how I still haven't received my fucking watch

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    jdheagle
  18. Hriiz

Hriiz mm moist

Ratings:
    +686 / 19 / -49
    same pal

hriiz_
  19. Speedyrocker89

Speedyrocker89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,295 / 126 / -246
    Obviously LAN is the fastest.

I'm basically just saying that I can play COD with Xi Chan Wu from Taiwan on a significantly faster connection than when I play NHL with John Smith from Toronto. It's 2017 and the fact that this is a thing is ridiculous.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Maddens26

Maddens26 Nhl 24

Discord:
    maddens26#0
    Ratings:
    +405 / 30 / -59
    I would consider playing in eshl if there was some kind of draft or something like that. Asking my friends for money isn't something I want to do.

• Like Like x 1
    jmaddens26