S6 Atlantic Division Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JKage-, Oct 8, 2017.

?

Is this ight?

1. yeah

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. nah

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Hey this is my second attempt at an NHL write up so forgive me for any mistakes made, feelings hurt, egos destroyed, or idiotic things said. I typed this all on my phone in my notes so no i didnt proofread, my capitalization isnt perfect, and nor is my punctuation. So fuck off with those comments. Also i am no talent expert, I looked at most people stats and went by what i have heard and what i know, so please refrain from thinking i know what i am talking about.

I also wanted to explain that the “Players to Watch” arent always the best players on the team, it is just in my opinion, the players to pay attention to because i just feel like you should. Okay, with that being said, if you dont feel like reading this whole thing, I am going to place my standings prediction right below this as a way for people just interested in that to see it without having to read the entire thing. You’re welcome.

Another quick thing is that alot of Draft Picks will be moved up and that hasnt happened yet so i included the ones I thought were worth mentioning. That is all. Enjoy.

—————————————————

STANDINGS:

1. Ottawa Senators
    2. Montreal Canadiens
    3. Toronto Maple Leafs
    4. Boston Bruins
    5. Florida Panthers
    6. Detroit Red Wings
    7. Tampa Bay Lightning
    8. Buffalo Sabres

—————————————————

Ottawa Senators

Forwards: B-

The Sens put together a pretty good forward group this season. Headlined by Owner @KingClutch x 77 GM @Jim Benning aka Voltep and rookie of the year @Who_AreU- , those 3 should be able to put up great numbers wherever they are slotted into the lineup. @xDubz47 and @Itsjodach provide solid depth, while @matthuot87 provides Stanley Cup experience and plenty of locker room leadership. Also, look out for draft picks @Pelley_ @Buy_my_dogs and @zDUJ- as I expect them to be solid players in their rookie season, granted they all make the roster.

Defense: B-

The defense here is solid through and through and it should be one of the better defenses when it comes to offense. With @Fewch_ at 7.25m they have invested alot into the kid and while you may or may not like his attitude, he is going to produce either way. @ShroomSmoke @canuckftc12W and @fulltrottle911 should round out what figures to be a solid top 4 as they are all good defenders who have had success throughout their LG careers. Draft pick @Kipperboy33 who i expect to make the roster should also find success on a strong team such as this one.

Goalies: A-

@JTx11- aka me figures to be the “starter” here, we all know i toot my own horn a bit (or at least Baris thinks so) but it’s not without reason. I fully expect myself to be one of the top goalies in the league and compete for the annual awards in my first season (LG) between the pipes. @Krvstoffer aka Hunter is considered the “back-up” here but he could easily be a starter on just about any team. A proven biggies goalie, he should find himself having a much better season than he did in S5. Overall, its hard to get a better duo than this in LG.

Players to Watch: @Who_AreU- @Fewch_ @JTx11-

Montreal Canadiens

Forwards: B

Led by GM @Novak4Prez , I definitely expect this to be one of the better offenses in the league. Glancing at their roster now, you may not see it, but thats because they have three 1st round picks in this past draft stashed away on TC for now. Those picks being @gunass0910 @JPH_VeNoM and @djunreal2010 all of which figure to be solid top 6 forwards and they make this offense a real threat. Also on the roster @AViss93 should provide some good depth scoring. Overall, should be one of the top offenses in the east and possibly the league.

Defense: B-

We will start with the colored boy we have all grown to love @Dxwny , who they got at a very good price of 7m, how often can you say 7m is a good price? Anyways, while Dxwny is great, he wont be alone here as they also have @VEXEloQuence who is a skater turned defender and hasnt played since S3 on psn. However, with a 5.25m salary i expect him to be more than solid. Next we have widely-despised @x ScrumZzyy who can hold his own against some of the better players, so expect him to be solid for the Habs. @Vaipetrucci87 and @Straughn provide solid depth. Overall, a good defense I can see being tough to deal with for alot of teams.

Goalies: C+

@xi_Goldy is someone who i havent seen play much at all but i hear some good things about. He doesnt have very many stats to go on so I will just leave it at that. Word through the grapevine is that the 2nd goalie spot will be filled by none other than famous soundcloud rapper and VG legend @Popeskill who has finally realized that LG is the place to be. He is a natural winner, and with the defense in front of him, he should have no problem continuing those winning ways.

Players to Watch: @gunass0910 @Dxwny @Popeskill

Boston Bruins

Forwards: B-

I wanted to give a higher grade at first but after doing a little digging i think this is fair. The chemistry between Owner @DomSquad100 and @j_marz25 is well-known, and they should form a good line capable of competing with other top lines. Elsewhere they have @LoveAt1stSprite (aka Hayes aka alot of other things) @HurrichaneScoot and GM @AgentSooksta008 to round out the top 6. Those top 2 lines, however they are arranged, should win a good amount of their games and the third line looks to be a classic “sui” line.

Defense: C+

I see some good guys here in @OG_KJ-_- @Pacioretty__67 and @Jbarnett2001 . All three of them are capable of doing what needs to be done in order to win games. A special someone i would like to highlight here is @xYUCKOx as he is a VG guy and I think they got him at a hell of a price at 1.25m (9m in VG for comparison). Those 4 should be able to hold their own and hold offenses off long enough for their offense to score on most nights. Overall, not the flashiest defense, but they should be able to get the job done.

Goalies: C

2 500k guys i know very little about personally. @snake16doctor is someone i have heard more bad things about than good, but maybe he can prove his doubters wrong. @TheBipolarJew69 had a sick sv% in his last AHL season and looks to continue that trend into this season. Overall, I expect them to be average at best.

Players to Watch: @HurrichaneScoot @xYUCKOx @snake16doctor

Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards: B

Its crazy to be imagining the Toronto Maple Leafs making the playoffs in LG PSN but thats exactly what I think is going to happen. They have a solid forward group here starting with 7m dollar man @MarcoGoes5H0LE whom i have never heard of once. However, the guy has downright sickening CHL stats, and he went for 7m, so he must be somewhat good. Next up they have @Guccimane50 at 5m, which is fair in todays market, and i have heard only good things about Gucci. Dont forget 1st round draft picks @OohDat-Twiggle_ and @Arch_AzeK who i fully expect to be among the top rookies this season. They also have some of the better 500k guys with perennial 60 point scorer @I8l_Nik_I6l and @Bigbwoyqc . Also, cant forget the man who made it all happen @AAli-21 who is no slouch in his own right. The more i talk about this forward group the more I like it. Overall, should be one of the better offenses in the league.

A top heavy defense, likely due to the some of the hefty contracts dished out among the team, they still should be plenty good. Getting @PteCyr free as GM is huge, and allowed Ali to pick up his best pal @leafsfan1744 aka Knees for 8m. Also among them is @Leg_al who is back to defense after a sad season at forward. Look for him to have a bounce back season and continue to keep up the Leafs shoutbox presence. The rest of the defense is a trifecta of people i dont know very well and who have some not so good looking stats, so moving on.

Goalies: B-

@nochance85 has been a solid LG tendy for a few seasons now and with the 3 season deal Ali offered him, I assume he will be taking most of the starts. They seem to have alot of faith in him and i believe he wont let them down. @ses-DRAGON-ses figures to take on the backup role and having played against him a good amount I can think of one word to describe him, inconsistent. Some days he looks great, some days he looks terrible, however he beat me 5-0 in our most recent meeting so cudos to him.

Players to Watch: @MarcoGoes5H0LE @leafsfan1744 @nochance85

Florida Panthers

Forwards: C+

With no bonafide top line talent I didnt feel comfortable giving them a higher grade even though i wanted to. The Owner-GM combo of @NerdyMamba and @Issa x Geno should continue being successful, as they have built a good chemistry that will be hard to beat. With others such as @The Broche @TrapHouseLegend- @xTarasenko91_ and @Wadden l32l the offense definitely has depth which is a good thing. @u_1_2_B_me_ at 750k is also a steal in this market if you ask me, and I think he outperforms that contract easily. They have 1st round draft pick @chegg who is coming off a very good CHL season, expect him to try and make an impact in his first season. Overall, this is an offense that sacrificed top talent for depth and they did a decent job.

Defense: C

Not much to be excited about here, although they have some good guys in @ryanwashere78 @MrPurpleCrush and @Angry_Dangler17 they lack any top talent yet again. I think the three named above are all good enough in their own right, and i am actually a huge fan of all three, but they are likely going to be counted on to do more than they are capable of when dealing with some teams top lines. Im not sure who @xTopDefense4__ is as i was just starting out in LG the last time he played (S2) but with a 4m cap hit he will be counted on to do some of the heavy lifting. Draft pick @OhhCrosby87 is a possible roster guy, though i dont think that will chnage much as i have heard more bad things than good. Overall, an average group that was probably overpaid and likely wont steal any games for this team.

@xBealski is Mamba’ right hand man and hes also a damn good goalie. Hes posted one good season after another and is looking to do the same this season. He will have to stay on his toes as i anticipate him seeing a fair amount of scoring chances this season. @TheCurtisJoseph will assume the backup position and he should be able to win the games he is meant to. I expect the defense to struggle so both goalies numbers probably wont look as good as S5.

Players to Watch: @NerdyMamba @MrPurpleCrush @xBealski

Detroit Red Wings

Forwards: C+

The forward group here is actually not as bad as I originally thought. Featuring 11m dollar man @DDW4 aka Devin, he will likely have plenty of success all on his known, that is of course if he sticks around for the entire season. Another name worth mentioning is @SuDzy92_ , who has turned himself into one of LGs top point producers and should he and Devin find themselves paired together they could do some serious damage. Filling out the roster they have quality depth signings in @toslick @Jlm1410 @jgiroux4 and @BigFreeze064 , all of which figure to help this team win in one way or another. 1st round draft pick @Frauts could also see time on the Wings and if he does i expect him to slide into a top 6 role so as to prove himself. Overall, overpaying for Devin cost them depth, but they have a good enough offense to win.

The defense here started off promising with both management being defensemen and all, but bidding didnt go so well in my opinion. Overpaying for @GonzoArmstrong hurts, he is a good defensemen, but not only does he bring problems with him wherever he goes, he’s also just not worth 5.25m no matter how you slice it. However, the Owner-GM combo of @soccaplaya11 and @nyBARISny should be able to compete with most top lines, as Baris has gotten better each season, and Socca is well known as a top defender in most leagues. Also on the back-end is @VINCE-PAWER , a frenchie who struggled at forward last season. Expect him to be better this season as he is back to defense and he has button skill. Overall, not a bad defense by any means but overpaying for Gonzo cost them.

@Matt_4029 or as he is better known, Matt from team lightbulb, looks to build on a season which saw him lose in the Staley Cup Finals. While his numbers are always good, I expect a slight dip in production since he wont be on one of Chief’ powerhouse squads. The 2nd goalie spot will likely be filled by draft pick @Yoshi_swagger who is coming off a remarkable season in the CHL with the Blazers. Expect him to be solid in his rookie season and for Matt to also be solid despite the average team in front of them.

Players to Watch: @DDW4 @GonzoArmstrong @Matt_4029

Tampa Bay Lightning

Forwards: D+

While they have some guys here such as @JCpens22 @Ethos Jinx and @TMills61_ , I just cant see this group doing a whole lot of scoring. Those three are more of 2nd liners than 1st, and the rest of the forward group looks uninspiring. Owner-GM combo of @ImaDoer3 and @Halakness provide some depth, along with @Matsab1515 and @jansta-dude . However, as much as i like those guys it doesnt seem like a strong group. Draft pick @Briiky- might see time in the NHL after having over 100 points in the CHL last season, expect him to make a big impact if called upon. Overall, likely a bottom 10 offense but alot of things can change.

Defense: C-

Perhaps a little generous here but I like some of the guys they got. @Daddy Marino has been around forever and is always solid. @John_SheIdon is well known for his centered forum posts, but hes not a bad defenseman either. Also on the roster they have @Stamkos91 and @louiedeuce8 who both figure to be solid with their cheap comtracts. Overall, they did okay for how cheap they went on defense, but they will still struggle.

Goalies: D+

I hate to rate goalies so low but this pairing just doesnt make sense when there are so many good goalies out there. @TrapMC is in other leagues and his numbers are almost always low, so not much to be said about him. @flight-airline hasnt seen much success either and thus you have a pretty underwhelming goalie tandem. Overall, i expect them to struggle nightly, with the overall state of the team being what it is, it will be hard to get Ws.

Players to Watch: @JCpens22 @louiedeuce8 @flight-airline

Buffalo Sabres

Forwards: D-

The management shit the bed here, and that is to say the least. Everyone figured we would see one team like this with the owners list being the weakest most have ever seen, and here it is. @Mesmerize-_- and @Baertschi_47 are going to have their hands full with the rest of these guys, as I dont think any of them have seen extended NHL time yet. While those two should be good, the rest look like more of an AHL team than anything, and i really dont have much to say other than good luck.

Defense: C-

The defense isnt as bad, but dont get me wrong it’s still bad. @MPelley25 looks like the top guy here and while I dont really like Pelley at all, he is decent enough. Also on D here is NHL constants @Giddeus12 and @M-A-Skotlas20 , who are both good 2nd-3rd pairing guys. They also have AHL standout @ceeg87 , who i expect to be able to hold her own in the NHL. However, with the state of the team all of these guys (and girl) will likely struggle no matter what they do and that is unfortunate.

They didnt do bad here at all, while i dont know @x-Skinner-_53_- well, they are paying him 2.75m so he must be decent at least. No doubt thats an overpay but they also have fan-favorite @crofto40 who has spent the past 2 seasons enjoying success in STL. Now with a new team he will have to do some heavy lifting to get this team wins. Overall, i feel bad for these guys, but i expect them both to hold their own despite the team in front of them.

Players to Watch: @Mesmerize-_- @Giddeus12 @x-Skinner-_53_-

—————————————————

So that about does it for the Atlantic Division, any feedback and/or questions/comments you have just leave em below. If you are unhappy about your ranking or what i said then come meet me IRL so we can fight about it. Till next time.

• Like x 17
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
    jtresatti
  2. ScooTz-10

ScooTz-10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    I’m a player to watch... oh gawd @JTx11-

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    scootz10
  3. I3enz13

I3enz13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    13enz_#1826
    Ratings:
    +83 / 7 / -5
    5/10

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    benz0226
  4. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    What can i do next time sir

jtresatti
  5. I3enz13

I3enz13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    13enz_#1826
    Ratings:
    +83 / 7 / -5
    The article was fine. That's why I rated 5. Just didn't agree with a lot of the analysis imo. Keep them coming tho. Always cool seeing people do these

• Like Like x 2
    benz0226
  6. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Jt is great. He's perfect.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. TheGreatMP7

TheGreatMP7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mp74907#0
    Ratings:
    +574 / 11 / -62
    Gotta do central next my friend my buddy my homie my amigo my guy my dude my fella :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Lach12

Lach12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -3
    Nice write up bud. Fun to read!

• Like Like x 2
    lach_12
  9. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    I like how you gave gonzo some slack, but also put him in the "players to watch" part - essentially giving him the benefit of the doubt where he could end up being good if he plays well. Another great write up, I also personally feel Pelley belongs on fwd, not defense.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DynoMike25
  10. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    Depth depth depth I’m playing 3rd line this season so watch out ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    NerdyMamba
  11. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    wow

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Krvstoffer
  12. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    what :/

jtresatti
  13. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    I love you it’s okay babe

• Winner Winner x 1
    NerdyMamba
  14. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    at least someone does

• Winner Winner x 1
    Krvstoffer
  15. xBrickwall-_-

xBrickwall-_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    brick3692#0
    Ratings:
    +396 / 172 / -212
    I disagree Tampa has the best LG goalie of all time on there roster what the fuck is that d+ for

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    xbrickwall_
  16. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    what do you mean

jtresatti
  17. Tjhdp11

Tjhdp11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277 / 27 / -19
    Understand the analysis, disagree that gonzo is a team cancer, cancer in the shoutbox and stupid in forums sure. But he keeps it out of the team which shows some maturity. Also don't agree that our "depth" isn't there, simply because you don't know certain players. Nonetheless good write-up. +1.

• Like Like x 2
    Tjhdp11
  18. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    yeah as i said im no talent expert. appreciate the feedback

jtresatti
  19. TrapMC

TrapMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 7 / -14
    Good write up, it's hard being on crappy teams every season but I'll try and prove people wrong this season hopefully lol

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  20. snake16doctor

snake16doctor Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Snake16doctoR#5798
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1
    Good Write up, but fuck the haters. I’ll also show you that what you heard is wrong. But thanks for taking the time to put something together.

• Like Like x 1
    Snake16doctor