Season 6 Pre-Season Trade Breakdowns

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JClaus33, Oct 15, 2017.

1. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    This will be a look at all player-player trades as well as a few other trades since the off-season opened, with a short analysis by myself included. Hope you all are enjoying the continued media and I hope to keep that going all season.

The Ducks have traded (VAN) 2nd Round Pick ( @stachedefeux ) & (BOS) 2nd Round Pick ( @SilKyy_96 ) & (ANA) 4th Round Pick ( @Free_xX-19-Xx ) to the Predators for IIChEcKMaTeII 2017-09-18 11:29am

Winner: Preds; Checkmate is a 3rd liner tops so to get 2 mid round picks and a 4th back for him is solid value. Both @SilKyy_96 and @stachedefeux project as NHL’ers down the road so I’d take the picks all day.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Blues have traded Mahon_SoLo to the Red Wings for Spray_and_pray_

2017-09-18 11:34am

Winner: Wash; Neither of these guys are real impact players, but @Spray_and_pray_ at least has some potential to fill in on a good line. @Mahon_SoLo is a decent depth d man at this point

The Senators have traded (OTT) 4th Round Pick ( @Dirtyduster88 ) & The Broche to the Panthers for canuckftc12W & Krvstoffer & (EDM) 2nd Round Pick ( @Buy_my_dogs ) & (CBJ) 2nd Round Pick ( @sumawtf )

2017-09-18 11:35am

Winner: Ottawa; If they lose Hunter, this trade becomes closer to a wash, but unless @The Broche starts to produce like he’s on Xbox, this looks like a win for Ottawa to me.
    Edit: Hunter quit, so idk if there will be comp, tbd

The Bruins have traded VegaRidge to the

Stars for nothing (JMarz’s RFA rights)

2017-09-18 01:41pm

Winner: Dallas; I don’t think this was as lopsided as others seem to think so, but it still wasn’t the best trade @DomSquad100 has/will ever make.

The Flyers have traded Polgz- to the Golden Knights for (VGK) 3rd Round Pick (@JKHank07 )

2017-09-18 08:38pm

Winner: Vegas; Yeah

The Blues have traded HJHF14 & Bo-Dangles RFA rights to the Wild for Shotl72l & ItsAPurpleDragon & (ANA) 1st Round Pick ( @IKiiNG_94 ) & ImSikBoi & (CGY) 2nd Round Pick ( @goalscorer9 )

2017-09-18 09:11pm

Winner: Wild; If Bo doesn’t take GM, and the trade ended up being just HJ for all of this, I think it would easily be a win STL despite HJ being very solid, but Bo taking GM with Minny gave them an 8 mil d man for free, and in turn makes this trade a win for the Wild.

The Devils have traded B-Bunny & (VAN) 1st Round Pick (Grimrock89) & xNav61 & (PIT) 2nd Round Pick ( @K-Ols9 ) & Foote to the Avalanche for Rico Suave FLS & xGianTx & (TOR) 2nd Round Pick ( @OhhCrosby87 ) & JaY_SnIpEz77_91

2017-09-18 11:24pm

Winner: Colorado; Yeah

The Avalanche have traded B-Bunny(RFA rights) to the Jets for (EDM) 1st Round Pick ( @FullyDynamic )

2017-09-21 10:39pm

Winner: Winnipeg; Winnipeg wins this trade because they got Edmonton’s first out of it from RFA bidding. Whether or not you agree with the valuation, WPG ended up flipping his RFA rights for a near guaranteed top 3 pick next season.

The Stars have traded (SJS) 1st Round Pick ( @Scooby ) & i9i-Stamkos-i1ic & (NYR) 3rd Round Pick ( @dmac7719 ) to the Blackhawks for ZVM93 & (NJD) 3rd Round Pick ( @Crimsontide81 )

2017-09-22 08:14am

(Stamkos retired, Coltcrazy + DAL 1st next season as comp)

Winner: Chicago; There were some mixed opinions on this trade, but to me it was a clear win for Chicago. It ends up being @Coltcrazy, 2 1sts and a 3rd for @ZVM93 and a 3rd. Pretty clear win for Chicago in my opinion, though Zammoth is a decent player.

The Blues have traded Shotl72l & (CGY) 2nd Round Pick ( @goalscorer9 ) & (STL) 4th Round Pick ( @RAMPAGE1294 ) to the Devils for Labrat & (NJD) 4th Round Pick ( @Borkdog187 )

2017-09-22 10:40pm

Winner: STL; @Labrat is a beast, not to say Shot isn’t a solid player, but Lab lives for the big games (Check his playoff numbers), and if STL can get to the postseason, Labrat will be a big part of their success.

The Bruins have traded (BOS) 4th Round Pick ( @xBrickwall-_- ) & TMills_61 RFA rights to the

Lightning for (CGY) 1st Round Pick ( @zGuentzel ) & Camzi95

2017-09-23 01:19am

Winner: Boston; What on earth was this trade for Tampa?? I don’t know how this benefitted them at all.

The Lightning have traded (PHI) 2nd Round Pick ( @Mitch_Marner16 ) + mrtryhardnhl RFA rights to the

Panthers for (CBJ) 1st Round Pick ( @jayvee028 ) & Stamkos91

2017-09-24 10:35am

Winner: Null; I just included this trade because I found it funny that Florida had to pay Tampa to take on Stamkos’ contract.

The Blackhawks have traded (SJS) 1st Round Pick ( @Scooby ) & (PIT) 3rd Round Pick ( @ROLLaBACKWOODS ) & Dannyy Briere to the Predators for Hriiz

2017-09-24 09:28pm 
(Briere retired, Nismo+Doublezero+ CHI 1st rounder next season as comp)

Winner: Chicago; Chicago made this trade to get a similar caliber player at an awesome contract, and having Hriiz locked up under 2 mil for the whole year is massive. It ends up being a very steep price for him in 2 late 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, along with a starter caliber goalie in @DoubleZERO33 and a 3rd line winger in @nismo_l18l , but I still see it as a win for Chicago getting a solid 1st liner for less than 2 mil.

The Avalanche have traded (EDM) 1st Round Pick ( @FullyDynamic ) & Foote to the Washington Capitals for (DET) 1st Round Pick ( @nickyP1999 ) & (NYI) 1st Round Pick ( @NorrisWinner )

2017-9-24 9:39pm

Winner: Colorado; When I first saw this trade, I was wondering wtf Beefy was doing trading away the only defenseman on his roster at the time, and a quality one in @Foote . That being said, I call this a win for Colorado as they expect Jonfromearth to step in and be a big part of their d core, and @nickyP1999 fell down to them at 16, where he should be able to carry the 3rd line for them.

All Picks after this are for next season (Side note, I hope you all realize how much fucking time it took to track down all of those original pick owners and how they ended up where they did, cause it took a long ass time)

The Canadiens have traded Morrison59usn to the Blue Jackets for Straughn

2017-09-29 05:48pm

Winner: Montreal; Not a huge trade as Morrison figures to be an AHL’er, but @Straughn at least slots into the MTL lineup so I’ll call it a win for them to get a roster guy in return for someone who wasn’t going to be on their team.

The Blue Jackets have traded (CBJ) 2nd Round Pick & Xi_ch4pm4n_ix to the Ducks for RSall14

2017-10-01 04:32pm

Winner: Ducks; @Xi_ch4pm4n_ix gets a lot of flak, but I’ve found him to be a quality goalie, and the additional 2nd rounder in my opinion pushes this to a win for ANA. I also think @RSall14 is underrated and a decent player, but I’ll give this one to ANA, though it could certainly change over the course of this season.

The Blue Jackets have traded zBernatchez to the Flames for patdene12

2017-10-12 03:28pm

Winner: CGY; I think Pat and Bernz are very similar caliber goalies so I’ll take @zBernatchez on the cheaper contract. (Only 500k I know, but still)

The Panthers have traded u_1_2_B_me_ to the Golden Knights for marshk1
2017-10-12 03:29pm

Winner: Vegas; Vegas gets an NHL caliber player at least, win for them.

The Maple Leafs have traded seeyoukey to the Avalanche for Hurshy27

2017-10-12 03:29pm

Winner: Leafs; @Hurshy27 returns after a 4 season hiatus, where he hopes to regain his form from a solid S1 although he is switching from C to RD, whereas @seeyoukey appears to be an AHL’er at this point. Win for the Leafs.

The Flames have traded 2nd Round Pick & 4th Round Pick to the Penguins for BennyElGuapo

2017-10-12 03:32pm

Winner: Flames; A solid d man on a decent contract for a mid round pick and a 4th is a price I’m sure most if not all owners would pay. Flames win this one imo, but Pens already had a stellar defense lined up.

The Avalanche have traded Ryudo2337 to the

Sabres for (BUF) 1st Round Pick & (BUF) 2nd Round Pick

2017-10-12 05:41pm

Winner: Colorado; No knock on @Ryudo2337 , but Buffalo traded a near-guaranteed top 3 pick before week 1 even started. This is a bonehead move we seem to see every season, and one we’ve seen twice already this season (Edmonton hello!?) Come on Buffalo.

The Avalanche have traded jamNOTmarmalade to the

Oilers for (EDM) 2nd Round Pick

2017-10-12 05:42pm

Winner: Edmonton; I just knocked Edmonton, but I think this was a nice move for them. I figured @jamNOTmarmalade would’ve fetched more on the market but apparently Beefy was mad for how Jam played one night and shipped him out in his typical trade happy style..win for EDM here.

The Bruins have traded Jbarnett2001 & (BOS) 1st Round Pick & OG_KJ-_- to the Flyers for XxTerryTORxX & dudeman ryo

2017-10-12 05:42pm

Winner: TBD; Maybe a bit of a copout here, but I think it just depends on how committed Terry can be. He’s the best player in the deal and only time will tell how this plays out in my opinion. Too early to call.

The Capitals have traded Goosechuk & (WSH) 2nd Round Pick & angelofdeath (AHL) to the Kings for isles2791 & (LAK) 3rd Round Pick

2017-10-13 01:06am

Winner: LAK; I like the move my management made here, acquiring Goose and upgrading picks on a guy they just acquired for a 3rd rounder. I think Isles can contribute and I was excited to see what he could do with some competent forwards around him, but @Goosechuk should shore up the 3rd pair for the Kings, as long as he settles into a safer role, and the upgrade in picks is just gravy.

The Devils have traded Cage & (NJD) 3rd Round Pick to the

Avalanche for WhatsTheMaatta & (EDM) 2nd Round Pick & (COL) 2nd Round Pick & redlater

2017-10-13 01:07am

Winner: Wash; The Avs get their backup G back, after trading him to the Devils for comp, but the Devils get a solid AHL G back as well as 2 2nd rounders and what should be a quality AHL d man at least, if not more.

The Oilers have traded Niedermayer87 & rV_CLuTcHz & (EDM) 3rd Round Pick to the Lightning for nothing & (TBL) 4th Round Pick (AHL included bschmidy10, Full_melt707, FFrantic_)

Winner: Tampa Bay; The Oilers found themselves in a tough spot, being both over the roster limit, and over the cap, and the Lightning pounced on that, as Edmonton basically unloaded them for nothing. @rV_CLuTcHz can carry a 3rd line or contribute in a top 6, and @Niedermayer87 (Corked) is a decent 3rd pair guy

The Red Wings have traded (DET) 2nd Round Pick & (CGY) 3rd Round Pick to the Predators for l Gentry l

2017-10-14 07:21pm

Winner: Red Wings; I actually quite like this move for Detroit, as I’d like to see what @l Gentry l can do with some decent guys around him after the shitshow that was Pittsburgh last season. I don’t think Vibez necessarily lost this trade, but I like it from Detroit's perspective.

The Oilers have traded KimOPereZ to the Rangers for BakonBlitz

2017-10-14 09:20pm

Winner: Push; KimO can fit on a 3rd pair and Bakon is an NHL hopeful, not a ton here

The Panthers have traded (FLA) 1st Round Pick to thePenguins for Schwartz-74 & (PIT) 2nd Round Pick & (PIT) 3rd Round Pick

2017-10-15 08:33am

Winner: Push; the Penguins landed an NHL caliber goalie in @Schwartz-74 for 500k in AHL bidding, so it does make sense to trade him if they’re comfortable with who they’ve got, and the Panthers get a good guy and decent goalie at 500k.

The Rangers have traded KillsAKill- to the Flames for BennyElGuapo

2017-10-15 01:50pm

Winner: NYR; I think it’s a pretty even trade but I see @BennyElGuapo as a little bit better and the Rangers need all the quality on the back end they can get, though @KillsAKill- is decent in his own right.

The Flames have traded M1keal & eZDangles to the

Golden Knights for x_Elite_76x

2017-10-15 01:51pm

Winner: VGK; wtf…it seems like Calgary wanted to clear some cap for @I3rissette but they did this in one of the weirdest ways possible to me. Taking a large downgrade in terms of player quality to open up around 4 mil in cap space, I’d have thought they could’ve found a better return if they wanted to move @eZDangles that badly.

The Flames have traded (CGY) 1st Round Pick and TommyClutch93 to the Kings for I3rissette & diddygulp

2017-10-15 12:16pm

Winner: TBD; Based on their other moves, it seems Calgary really wanted to make room for a big forward, and @I3rissette certainly fits that bill. At $8.5 Million he’s overpaid, but it’s not the worst contract ever and in my opinion he’s a first line caliber forward, so you could do worse at that price. Calgary’s first should be a mid-round pick, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed this breakdown on every noteworthy Player-Player trade since the off-season got going (I didn't include re-sign trades or most RFA right moves), I might be back with more trade breakdowns but to be honest this took a long fucking time to look up all of the draft picks and find where they originally lie. The next one may not be as heavily detailed, so I hope you've enjoyed this one. I will update it with any moves made before the roster deadline, but this covers all of them from September 18th to now.

JClaus33

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    JClaus33
  2. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    Nice write-up man.

nickyP1999
  3. GOAT_Neal

GOAT_Neal GOATstar

Discord:
    GOAT_Neal#9146
    Ratings:
    +618 / 333 / -549
    you missed the GOAT trade

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    NealvsGame
  4. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I didn't do any AHL trades

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    JClaus33
  5. Schwartz-74

Schwartz-74 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lil Uzi Vert#9513
    Ratings:
    +167 / 6 / -17
    <3

lil_ubi_vert
  6. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    Traded down from 31 to 37 (avoided the 2 mil contract) picked OhhCrosby87 who we would have got at 31 and got a 1st line AHL/3rd line NHL RW. Sounds a bit better like that

• Like Like x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  7. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I know the logic behind it, and how it played out, it's still just a funny thing before you break it down.

JClaus33
  8. xCounter43x

xCounter43x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +542 / 134 / -171
    Great write up again @JClaus33 , but to be fair I don't judge people on one night, just FYI the dude would not break out the puck and was trolling sitting offside, if he's willing to do that kind of shit in a pre season game he would consider it in a season game, that's why he was moved but none the less respect your opinion, I how ever didn't just get a 2nd I got xMello for my ahl who they used as trade bait but anyways keep the media coming I enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Aw, that's cute. I'll be sure to reference this back to you periodically throughout the season.

Good write up regardless. This leagues a lot more fun with threads like this (even if they're wrong ;)).

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    better20yearsago
  10. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    He's not wrong..

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Spray_and_pray_

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    :(

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    better20yearsago
  12. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    :team12:

No Streaming Account
  13. Spray_and_pray_

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Nom nom nom...

[​IMG]
    anonymous photo sharing

• Old Old x 1
    better20yearsago
  14. RSall14

RSall14 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 13 / -31
    • Winner Winner x 1
    RSall14
  15. Spray_and_pray_

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Like every other great man in history, its very important for me to be right and make sure everyone knows it.

better20yearsago
  16. TrippyNav

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    One week...

No Streaming Account
  17. ScooTz-10

ScooTz-10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    What teams and what lines did u play because that doesn’t exactly speak volumes for anything @Spray_and_pray_

scootz10
  18. ScooTz-10

ScooTz-10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    U played what everyone would consider the worst team in the league in buffalo. An ecu squad in ottawa and a washed up line in tbl.

Doesn’t exactly scream hey look at me. I’m sick. It screams hey look at me I want attention cause I’m a shitter who needs to prove himself right by beating shitters

• Like Like x 1
    scootz10
  19. TrippyNav

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Ottawa 3rd, buffalo 3rd and Tampa 1st.

No Streaming Account
  20. Spray_and_pray_

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    5-1 with 19 points in the last two weeks with wins against Tampa, Carolina, and SJ's top line.

Hate hate hate.

better20yearsago