OFFICIAL League Address; Second Tag Issues from S28(X1) and S6(PS4)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Dangles4days

Dangles4days YouTube Danglez Washington

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    I agree with @drally20 and @Lazy Pedestrian but what’s stopping someone who has been banned multiple times from just simply recreating another account. Only to be discovered just before playoffs again?

Or maybe the repeat offenders still have accounts that are active on other teams and intentionally get caught to benefit the account/team that they still have active?

People are going to cheat regardless but here’s an idea to help prevent it and maybe bring the community closer. Why not have a club league?

Yes there is fnp and canam but unless you’re elite or happen to know someone who runs those leagues/tournaments you’re not going to get gm of a team to draft your buddies. On top of that it would add another league for people to play on and allow people to stack/build a team the way they want. It would also give those people who have multiple tags less free time to create multiple tags and find the time to play they’re regular lg games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. CAPTAIN TURTL3

CAPTAIN TURTL3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    its on the players and management on the team to report cheating. That's why the whole team gets punished.

For blatant cheaters the ban buyout needs to be substantial.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    captain_turtl31
  3. DC_Lumpy

DC_Lumpy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 6 / -8
    How the hell was the team for season six supposed to know he changed profiles in season two...
    To punish a whole team of players for the mistakes made by one player is not very becoming of the community first policy, and actually serves to erode that mentality. The way this was handled is erroneously foul. It seems much more of a personal attack stemming from a conversation or argument where threats were made and eventually followed through on. But the ones being hurt most had nothing to do with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. drally20

drally20 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    drally20#7826
    Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -3
    It's not just that. It's about creating an environment where people won't have to fear repercussions for reporting shit. Weed out the bad owners. If they can't adapt to actually owning a team properly, they will come to light really quick and be removed. Yeah it sucks, the whole season is shot, trophies and banners mean fuck all; however this has been going on for a long time and it's just starting to run rampant now. Really the past few seasons have meant fuck all, as well cuz they have all been tainted also most likely. Just the impact is now cuz the league has to step up, this shit has been ignored for too long. With the age of eSports upon us, credibility will hold stronger then just signup numbers. The other banana leagues are here to fill these type of peoples needs, not LG.

Like yeah winning is always better, but fuck the people going to these extents are just straight losers. Go workout or something to help deal with your ADD, learn what it feels like to get your dick wet for fuck sakes. 3 games a week for an organized fucking online league; show up, shut up and play with who you get on your line and for whatever godamn team you're on. It should be about management decisions that affect a teams outcome. Not a group of self entitled losers that enjoy ruining the experience for everyone else because they have no fucking life or friends.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    drally20
  5. DK8547

DK8547 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -1
    Psn nhl players signing up for chl on xbox before playoffs is cancer

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Dangles4days

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    Had a Xbox guy on my PS4 chl team and after a few games he was called up to the ahl. I think their status transfers over so he should be ahl eligible. Either way someone is getting screwed. Same with players who are on losing teams that get sent down to play playoffs in ahl or chl.

No Streaming Account
  7. CAPTAIN TURTL3

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    You want a community first mentality but are citing individual loss of stats as having a negative effect on that mentality. In reality a community with fewer or no cheaters is a better community, so having the community invested in weeding out cheaters would in fact give you a community first mentality. The only way that the majority of the community will be invested in weeding out cheaters is if they have something to lose by not reporting cheaters. Hence why them losing stats actually enforces a community first mentality where the best interest of the community comes before any one individual.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    captain_turtl31
  8. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    We need a change. This system isnt working the for the NHL. The AHL and CHL are just having boatloads of fun and competition. While the NHL is slowly chocking itself to death. 10% of NHL teams dont even have a full roster at the moment.

I loved the AHL as much as the next person but at what point do you stop the AHL and CHL being better than the NHL in terms of quality? Maybe if these guys wouldnt just sign up for the AHL then we wouldnt have so many egos running around in the NHL. Maybe if we could get better owners then we wouldnt have such a difference in skill levels from team to team.

Honestly, all these questions have been given and answered many many times but we are still stuck in the same spot. Hopefully we can all come together and make a better system with better ideas.

• Like Like x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. iTzzGamETimE_

iTzzGamETimE_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -1
    In my opinion, if an individual player on my team is second tagging but no one else on the team was aware, I think it’d be unfair for those games to be converted into losses possibly resulting in my team not making the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. DC_Lumpy

DC_Lumpy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 6 / -8
    A community is made up of individuals, and I never stated my personal stats outweigh the needs of the community or the team. I actually am not even on the roster of the team that had their playoff run stolen from them either. My point about the punishment not befitting a community first mentality is the fact that one individual who cheated cost a whole team of their playoffs. The stats and career points of not only their teammates but also of their opponents from the games that were changed as part of the punishment doled out by @lg_Macdonald
    This is the unjust part of that, a whole community of teammates and players in this season are being punished by the actions of one individual who committed a breach of the rules four seasons ago. And I'm not even getting into the fact that the ban was only issued because of an argument between the bog and the player, the pettyness of the facts of how the ban was brought to light... And the result is that a team/season is altered for the worse. Will the playoffs this year go in the records with an asterisk beside it?!

No Streaming Account
  11. CAPTAIN TURTL3

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    A community is made up of individuals none of which should have their interests held above those of the community as a whole, if you want a community first mentality, which you say you do.

Its not fair to those who were hurt, but their has to be a deterrent to both the cheaters and the community for turning a blind eye, not only in this situation but for the future. It sets and reinforces a precedent.

Why would this guy draw attention to himself while using a second tag??? I don't blame the bogs for looking into him. Its like speeding while driving with an expired license, its not a smart idea.

captain_turtl31
  12. Alpha-33x

Alpha-33x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Alpha-33x#0742
    Ratings:
    +265 / 47 / -73
    How about a cutoff date for signups. Seems like the waiver and trade deadline comes up and yet teams are still being assigned TCs. It’s hard enough on the owners most of the time telling those TCs there is no playing time for them, and yet all these new signups are now having to be told the same thing. Also seems that right before CHL playoffs it’s a little bit odd that NHL players can be dropped to waivers to be claimed by CHL owners. Especially if those players have played the whole season in the NHL. Needs to be some sort of control in regards to this.

• Like Like x 1
    cochhockey33
  13. Dencope

Dencope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 2 / -4
    Agreed, top players from CHL should move up and same from AHL...and as far as playing with friends go can't you make new friends? on your new team and play with old friends in club or eshl like mentioned?

No Streaming Account
  14. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    You just described ESHL

• Funny Funny x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  15. Dangles4days

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    Yes except you wouldn’t have to pay an entry fee. Not many chl players are going to cough up money to get slapped around like my team did. But hey we couldn’t even get on to play warmup games let alone practice. That was probably due to me picking up a player from the forums that was too busy playing under his other tags lol... anyways I think I’m the perfect example of why most wouldn’t sign up for that.

You also have to think it could possibly bring more teams to the ESHL. Say a team was on the fence they could get a chance to play some of the teams already in the ESHL. IF they do good against them they probably would ante up the money to play. Not saying all ESHL teams would join but I bet it would be close to half of them that would.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. McC x 45

McC x 45 I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve

Ratings:
    +508 / 66 / -314
    That's some fucked up shit yo.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. MrPiezrus

MrPiezrus MrPiezrus

Discord:
    mrpiezrus#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Not that this has to do with bans but the issue with losing stats. Twice this season while playing the other team quit after playing 1 or two periods and we ended up winning 1-0 ff win after we had multiple points those games stolen due to poor sportsmanship.

No Streaming Account
  18. AgedQuod

AgedQuod Do or do not, there is no try

Ratings:
    +211 / 9 / -21
    This, ban for life. Theres well over 2000 players who sign up every season, why have a few screw everyone over. Ban for life, and it cleans the league up, maybe people will think twice about it, and it wil take care of repeated offenders.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    slivers311
  19. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    Any player caught 2nd tagging should be stripped of all banners and awards they have received in the past.

• Winner Winner x 3
    selke1
  20. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account