OFFICIAL League Address; Second Tag Issues from S28(X1) and S6(PS4)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 14, 2017.

1. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Let's just shame these individuals for actually wanting to play 6 games of NHL 18 a week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    BLicK1252
  2. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    I can play where ever I want in LG. If i want to play in an environment of non cancer for ahl, I will. You can't take away people signing up late , then you'll just have chl. Only chl nhl .

Nhl, some people, i would say 75% is cancer. People are losers. People want to have fun in league, get away from stuff. Not have a terrible time and then they'll end up quitting

mattyhandz
  3. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Alittle unrelated to the original post but some changes are being reviewed to allow for more eligible call ups to the NHL and AHL.

Time commitments are a big thing. For the last three seasons as an example I’ve signed up to play AHL based on the time differences have worked better for me personally.

I do agree some abuse of this gensture has occurred in regards to late sign ups but slowly some new adjustments to the assignment systems be such can help fix the balance caused by late sign ups.
    I would say when the day comes whereby we have a fool proof system o eliminate second tagging and such this could be an option.

Obviously the players whom are doing these things are extremely interested in playing hockey and winning or they wouldn’t go to such lengths.

A permanent ban with our current system just ends up being a constant “witch hunt” for these players whom more than likely will just try and sneak back again and again.

At least with a set punishment that expires these players now know if they server the ban they can return at the end of it and not hide in the shadows of a new account.
    I strongly agree some adjustment is required. That is why these systems are under review. I feel at times the buyouts undermine the entire judicial system we have for our leagues.
    1) that thread is used every season for owner hires...

2) why bother with that? We have discussion threads that are hardly responded to on a seasonal deadline now we wanna do weekly things? Why not just come to an agreement that the losing team doesn’t lose their points anymore, keep it consistent and use that moving forward?

3) you can’t buyout a second tag ban...

4) to some degree yes, but there AHL and NHL offer a similar experience with different times that can suit different players.

5) is that possible? Is it required? The only complaints I ever handle are second tag issues. Then those issues have the appeals go to Tris. Therefore the current appeal system always have a member of staff review the appeal whom wasn’t involved in the removal. I do agree at times the timing in which appeal are handled is slow. But overall the the people who are unfair removed have always had their appeals granted.
    You’ve definitely presented a lot of valid ideas.
    It’s getting back to that point in many aspects.

Buyouts obviously are the major issue that cause some headaches.

But to be fair a majority of the long term owners don’t like the game. That is a major deterrent to wanting to put any extra work into this game.
    Let’s say you are in a game with Mello. You have three goals where he assisted the three goals. He isn’t eligible and technically never should have been in the game. How could you say your points are legit? What argument can be made the win should count?
    no idea.
    I think you misunderstood what I said.

Obviously the situation is the worse case scenario.

I have an issue with how the second tag affects the team in which he is on and I have an issue how the tag affects the teams whom played against him.

When a player wants to argue that wins should count and it’s not fair because the team who had the second didn’t know but it also isn’t fair for the teams whom lost to the second account.

When you put that on the scale the 11 teams whom lost to mello and weight that against 16 players in his team whom didn’t know unfortunately for the side that has more players affect
    strony agree with this and it’s what we are working towards
    even in seasons where there is no proof they were cheating?
    likely never. If anything trade requests will be removed because of abuse

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    @LG McDonald I'm not saying they cheated other seasons. I'm saying because they have been caught cheating all their past banners and awards are tainted and should not get credit for them.

The deterant must harsh enough to make people not want to do it. Otherwise we are just putting a bandaid on something and they will just keep doing it. Until we fix the problem players and manager will continue to get screwed over that do not deserve to because of these douche bags. It's gotta suck to be a player on Toronto or Florida that had no idea of 2nd tagging happening only to lose out on playoffs. When i think of punishments I think of those peope getting screwed. I'd be pissed if my team had people breaking rules 2nd tagging after getting to where we are.

selke1
  5. drally20

drally20 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    drally20#7826
    Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -3
    What's more sad is there was maybe 1 to 3 of those players per team.

drally20
  6. PureRippin

PureRippin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    purerippin#0
    Ratings:
    +468 / 12 / -20
    LG just banned a lot of SWEATY players, imagine playing 9 games per week for your team.
    These guys probably wore head bands during their games.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    36PureRippin
  7. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    i like most of these new ideas from the OP, I mean i did present the majority of them 4 seasons ago. no bias though

• Informative Informative x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I don't think removing a virtual award would change this behaviour

LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. VerbalCheatcode

VerbalCheatcode Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Verbalcheatcode#7882
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -3
    I feel like realistically to avoid these situations stop allowing buy outs. First off if someone refuses to play and gets banned and buys out the ban it literally defeats the purpose of this which is to work with others the best you can and try to win and become friends with people along the way, these kids that do the whole “I only wanna play with Timmy” is just annoying. Like you can’t always get what you want and I’m sick and tired of these kids being a cancer to hockey like this.
    LG hands down is the biggest competitive NHL site and I understand you want to keep people happy and everything but stop letting the shitters run the show. If you stop letting people buy out bans people will think “oh shit I should stop being a fuck off” and the whole idea of second tagging is literally pathetic. To people who do it like, ya need to get out of the house my dude if you gotta try so hard to be someone else. It’s just tragic. This league is a good one and well maintained but the guys who don’t follow the rules are seems like explosive. Again just don’t let people buy out their ban, teach them they have to grow and play with their team. And same thing with management stop having them only play themselves and their friends. I hate seeing management ruin experiences for first time players it drives me up a wall.

verbalcheatcode
  10. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    I think we can call bullshit on time commitments 99% of the time.

The difference of the AHL and NHL schedule is 15 god damn minutes for 9 of the schedule times we have (I think I got them all, this seasons schedule as been sloppier due to Vegas):

Day-AHL-NHL
    Sun-NoGM-10:00
    Sun10:45-11:00
    Sun11:45-NoGM
    Mon9:45-10:00
    Mon10:45-11:00
    Mon11:45-12:00
    Tue9:45-10:00
    Tue10:45-11:00
    Tue11:45-12:00
    Wed10:45-11:00
    Wed11:45-12:00

I don't understand why we have to avoid a major fix to a major issue over 15 minutes that maybe 1 out of 1000 people are justifiably effected by.

LG is always making rule changes that limit the majority of us because a really really really small percentage of the community is doing something greasy. For example, you took out position change RFA because you claimed people were switching positions to get a cheaper contract in RFA and it would make bidding more competitive... A change to the signup bullshit would certainly make bidding WAY more competitive and it would also eliminate a huge portion of the community doing greasy shit like scrub hunting in the AHL.

and if the 15 minutes are truly that big of a deal, maybe we should make a switch to the NHL schedule to accommodate all these people unable to make that 15 minute difference. Try to give 2 console players a few different time slots where they can play on 1 console and not the other.

We should be looking for solutions to the schedule while fixing the clear issue with the signup system.

LazyPedestrian
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    The AHL is going back to 8:30-9:30-10:30 next season to help with NHL ECU issues.

I'll use my schedule as an example; If i work a 24 hour shift Sunday and Tues, I am only now eligible for Monday and Wednesday. If it is a week where I teach Wednesday I am normally not home til 10. So if I was in the NHL, That could be the difference between three and four games availability.

The RFA change was also based on the concept players now accept their contract lengths, so if you are a guy who likes to play multiple positions, sign one year deals and change for each bidding session.

Everyone has their reasons for when and why they sign up. I don't foresee every putting a restricting in forcing players to sign up for NHL bidding. If anything, those players hell bent on NOT going through NHL bidding just sign up late and go to the CHL and "scrub hunt there" And before you talk about call up restrictions and such, keep in mind he restrictions are such not prevent some of these issues without completely handcuffing out middle tier.

Also look at the amount of players whom play on both consoles. Signing up late allows an Xbox NHL player sign up to play AHL PSN. I understand and respect your opinion but not only do I feel we have bigger issues to address I feel hard deadlines don't improve the issue you are looking to resolve.

This is more of a "Seasonal Suggestion" topic than a question related to the OP lol

LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211

I'm sorry - I read this and got excited
    I figured I'd get a dismissive response on this topic because I knew that you yourself dodge NHL bidding for the AHL. That quote above seemed receptive to new suggestions and this topic has been talked about ad nauseam in the PSN community for the past few seasons so I figured I'd throw it out there and let people weigh in.

LazyPedestrian
  13. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Hardly dismissive response, just was pointing out we have other threads dedicated to seasonal and league changes.

100% I am open to hear ideas and such and have discussions about issues the community feels need to be addressed, I just wanted this thread to be geared more towards the removals, overturned games etc from this season.

Perhaps this is a larger issue in the PSN league than the Xbox league.. but perhaps forcing players to NHL bidding isn't the answer. Maybe those players whom sign up to play NHL on one side and AHL on the other just won't play in our PSN league so does this suggestion change anything? Maybe those players now pick up a new league with their free time created by only playing one of the LG leagues...

Alot of factors to debate for sure

LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    The ineligible player playing on a second tag has an overall impact on the games they play. If you really want to dig into it, they probably have an impact on their team as a whole because they are in the lineup over someone who may not be as skilled as they are.

What if that player was averaging 4 goals + 6 points per game playing in the CHL on a second tag? Should their wins be turned into forfeits then? Obviously, if they were replaced by someone that was a 1- or 2-point-per-game player the results would've been vastly different.

• Winner Winner x 1
    radapex
  15. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Well what about us former 2 console players that played NHL in both and just completely dropped 1 of the leagues because the conflicting schedules were a pain in the butthole but playing the AHL seemed boring because... NHLer in AHL. There are quite a few of us now.

Instead of playing AHL or going to another league, I just tell Hadji I made a 2nd account I'm joking to get my 6 game a week fix (I related it to the second tag issues in the OP ;) )

• Funny Funny x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  16. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    @LG McDonald

I also agree with the possibility of removing trade requests. But this could also cause issues with players saying they have "bad avail" or "bad connection". It could also effect how owners/GM build their team as the higher end players wont agree to multi season contracts on a decent salary. Especially if they end up on a questionable team that is not their friend.

• Like Like x 1
    cross_x_check
  17. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    @PlusSizePounder get em

LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. WeapNHL

WeapNHL Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xweapon21#0
    Ratings:
    +148 / 21 / -40
    Im not Grim lol

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. mottly39

mottly39 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mottly39#2214
    Ratings:
    +341 / 32 / -37
    I think any complaint should remain confidential. You’re opening up a huge can of worms if you file a complaint against your current management. Retaliation is sure to happen from management and most likely team mates if they are buddy buddy with the GMs. We all know that a lot more goes on than just 2nd tagging.

I understand that ban buyouts drive some revenue for the site but I’m going to have to agree with some posts here. If your banned your banned, which happened for a reason. Either modify the rules and eliminate the buyout or make it more expensive to discourage manipulation.

• Like Like x 1
    mottly39
  20. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    The team whether willingly or unwillingly still benefited so stats and wins should be forfeited. Yeah it sucks, but you can't just punish one person because usually there is someone that knows damn well that person has a 2nd tag.

And the best thing to do with these 2nd tag people is to 3 season ban them with no buyout. If they want to return to the league after the 3 season ban is up they have to pay the regular buyout fee to return is how I would have it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Rhapsodical