USA Southeast Roster Announcement

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by I2I-Way-Hockey, Dec 28, 2017.

1. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    I wanna start off by thanking everyone who signed up and tried out for the team. To anyone who didn't get a chance to tryout, I apologize, it's been a busy holiday break for the management team and I tried to get games in with as many different people as I possibly could.

Special shoutout to @xChief 27 and @Flapjack8796 for letting me run tryouts all by myself! (Just kidding I know it wasn't your fault :p and Flappy played a few games)

This thread will be pretty basic. I'll list the forwards, defenseman, and goalies that make up the 18 man main roster, as well as our 5 ECU's afterwards. So, let's get to it.

Forwards:

@JClaus33 : This one's a no-brainer. The only thing that could have kept him off this team would have been his own availability, but we all know he lives for it. Carry us to victory, papa.
    Side-note: I initially asked Josh to GM for me, but he's as afraid of commitment as @HJHF14, so yeah.

@Kev_F88 : One of the better left wingers in the entire LGHL, and I'm sure the consensus #1 LW from our region, this is another obvious choice for the roster. Kev can score as well as set up teammates, and that's what we'll be looking for him to do in this tournament. Also Astronaut Stamkos.

@SidTheKid_PiTT87 : After getting dealt to the Vancouver Canucks in the biggest blockbuster trade of the season that sent slightly less talented yet equally as handsome @I2I-Way-Hockey to the San Jose Sharks, Sid and the Nucks roared to life and almost secured a playoff spot that they had all but given up on. I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this roster, except that Sid's a pretty damn good player. But I had to mention how handsome I was somewhere in this thread.

But seriously, Sid's better than people realize. And that's why he's here.

@WillRolltide : One of my favorite frenchies Double Brah spoke very highly of you early on in the LG season, and after playing a few games with you I can see why. Will is a solid two way center and a pass-first player in the offensive zone, and he's got the vision to utilize that mentality in game. Glad we've got someone to pick up the slack for me...

@Untuchabl : I had never seen you play until a week or so ago, and after seeing you play I'm incredibly surprised that you went for 500k in NHL bidding this past season. What a steal of a contract. Tuch has the button skill to keep up with pretty much anyone on this team, and that will show in this tournament.

@KingJersh : Season 3 Bears alumni and great KingJersh has decided to come out of retirement for a cameo appearance in this seasons LG World Cup. My good friend and favorite LW to line up with since NHL 13, not a lot is known about Joshua in the LG community, and I plan on that helping us catch a few teams off guard in this tournament. Also probably the only person who can rival the party presence of @Lazy Pedestrian.

@SiDD_05 : Our late forward addition was able to get in a last minute tryout, and he impressed me enough to earn a spot in our top 9. I've heard mixed reviews amongst the LG community about this guys play, but I'm confident in his abilities going into this tournament. Kudos for earning your spot when the odds were against you in terms of timing.

@Flapjack8796 : Had he not agreed to be the AGM in this tournament, Flappy still would have made this roster. A true two-way center through and through, he will be counted on in a big way to help this team win games in the World Cup.

@Me : And I'm here too!

Defensemen:

@oSUPAHSTARo : Boy am I glad to have a familiar face in this D-core. I won't lie, we don't have the gamebreakers on defense that we do at forward, which is why Supah will be leaned on heavily to lead this defensive group. Just remember the good ol' days in Winnesota, channel your inner JCoul.

@Illyfilly : Illy's timely switch to defense for this tournament gave us some much needed depth and experience on the back end. Not known for playing this position, Illy is very solid and will also be looked upon as a leader. Don't roast your D partners though.

@sterryxc23 : Our pleasant surprise for this roster, sterry seemingly came out of nowhere and snagged the roster spot that he rightfully deserved. Playing in the CHL can overshadow someone's true abilities, but I don't think I'm alone in saying you are not long for the CHL. Welcome to the bigs.

@Chaskin12 : The former GM of the not-as-great season 3 Tampa Bay Lightning (I kid) has returned to defense for this World Cup. Looking forward to what the leader of the Brotherhusbands will do to help us win this tournament.

@louiedeuce8 : Another player I had very limited knowledge of prior to the roster-making process, Louie impressed in his tryout games and was able to earn his spot by playing a sound defensive game. Keep doing that for the next couple weeks, por favor.

@xChief 27 : Like Flappy, had Chief not decided to help me run this team, he still would have made the team off of his talent. Over the seasons Chief has been lambasted for his play defensively, but I've seen him grow and become a very reliable defenseman in the NHL. On top of that, he knows how to run a team, as evidenced by what he was able to accomplish as owner of the Bruins and Stars. I appreciate you accepting the GM offer, Chief.

Goalies:

@zeffster : In my opinion, zeffster is one of the best goalies in the entire league. He reads plays well and makes saves that he just shouldn't make, and that alone is enough to earn himself a spot on just about any team he wants.

@Agger23 : Agger got a lot of criticism for switching from goalie to defense this past season in LG. He did have a rough season 5 numbers wise when he was between the pipes, but personally it's hard to explain why. Whenever I played with him he always kept us in games, and made a lot of timely saves for our team. And sometimes a timely save is the most important thing in a game of hockey.

@xMajorLazeRx : I had no idea whatsoever who lazer was before I posted the sign up thread a few weeks back, but I'm glad that I'm right in my thinking that there's always talent to be discovered in the CHL, even if many others think otherwise.

ECU's:

@IxI-Toffoli-IxI

@Prince-Of-Zeus

@Jwva

@hgSparty

@SacDiesel313

All of you guys were incredibly close to grabbing a roster spot. I didn't expect the decision to be as difficult as it was, but there was a lot more competition than I anticipated.

So, there you have it. To everyone who tried out and didn't make this roster, don't let it discourage you. There were a lot of very good players that tried out for this team, many more than I anticipated. I thank you all for your efforts, and I'm excited to get this thing going.

One last thank you to @hgSparty for not only bringing this tournament to life, but allowing me to manage this team and represent the Southeast. Your confidence in me is really appreciated, and so is everything you do for our league.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    2wayhockey
  2. Untuchabl

Untuchabl I tried to be nice.....now I'll do what I do best

Ratings:
    +568 / 31 / -91
    did I miss a joke? Will is far from fenchy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. zeffster

zeffster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 18 / -16
    :get-carried:

Dbigs40
  4. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    double brah is one of my favorite frenchies. Thats why there's no comma in that part of the sentence

• Like Like x 1
    2wayhockey
  5. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    WHERE'S @SClaus17 ?????

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    JClaus33
  6. xMajorLazeRx

xMajorLazeRx Hold di line

Discord:
    xMajorLazeRx#0568
    Ratings:
    +130 / 16 / -20
    "@xMajorLazeRx : I had no idea whatsoever who lazer was before I posted the sign up thread a few weeks back"

Literally Lol'd while at work, flying under the radar that's all

• Funny Funny x 1
    xMajorLazeRx
  7. Konzy--

Konzy-- 1 Aye

Discord:
    Konzy#4934
    Ratings:
    +899 / 28 / -44
    where is my spot

• Funny Funny x 1
    konzzzy
  8. Kernsy

Kernsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -63
    You’re no zeffster bro

kernsy35
  9. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @I2I-Way-Hockey

Good luck to yourself & the others involved in representing team USA Southeast in the LG World Cup! :team342:

• Like Like x 1
    John_SheIdon
  10. debarrd

debarrd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 5 / -19
    Thank God 2Way is owner so he could make the team :p
    (Actually photo taken of 2way somewhere in the South East)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    debarrd11
  11. WillRolltide

WillRolltide ...

Ratings:
    +111 / 5 / -7
    Je suis Français.

No Streaming Account
  12. Mollet_29

Mollet_29 s11 Phantoms Calder Cup GM

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -30
    Why isn’t sparty a roster guy?? Who even are your goalies??

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    mollet_29
  13. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21
    Dudes getting hitched soon, I've heard. Well be seeing alot less of him.

Congrats @hgSparty

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    vRyy0v
  14. Mollet_29

Mollet_29 s11 Phantoms Calder Cup GM

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -30
    Forgot all about it... lol I’m an idiot played on his team and talked about it just didn’t know when

mollet_29
  15. hgSparty

hgSparty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Sparty#0318
    Ratings:
    +428 / 7 / -26
    yeah i got 8 days. thanks guys.

• Like Like x 4
    BackupGoaltending
  16. x__Mattson__x

x__Mattson__x Well-Known Member