Media Team/Management Grades (Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Zubov_x_21, Dec 29, 2017.

1. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Team: Buffalo Sabres :team18:
    Record: 25-48-9 (59 points)
    Owner: @Robbed95
    General Manager: @crofto40

Summary: @Robbed95 steps in mid-season and takes over for @JLott0910 who was forced to step down for personal reasons. Going to give Jlott a total pass here since he apparently has something more important than video game hockey going on and we wish him the best. The Sabres had a terrible bidding session and seemed to be doomed from the jump, with so much in-season roster turn over it is very hard to untangle this web of sub-parity. Throughout the course of the season Buffalo was essentially turned into the home for wayward players and was a pit-stop for many on their journey this season. I give credit to Robbed95 and crofto40 for stepping up and captaining this sinking ship as it drifted slowly into the abyss. I send sympathies to those who became trapped on this vessel to nowhere. There really isn’t a lot to see or say here other than “better luck next year”. Have you guys ever seen Titanic?

Highlight: Zero minutes and zero seconds in the third period of the final game of the season.

Lowlight: Giving up any future assets in trades. When things get bad all you really have is the future and despite drafts are weakening picks are still assets.

Grade: D+

Reasoning for grade: I’m not going to completely hammer @Robbed95 or @crofto40, I mean they tried. They stepped up in the midst of a really bad situation attempting to salvage it. So, you have to give some points for stepping up when many would have stepped out. They did a few “good” things (using the word good very cautiously). They tried to accumulate draft picks and guys on multiple year deals. One of those deals though happens to be @AViss93 @ 3M per and in my estimation, that is a bad value contract.

All things considered I feel D+ is a safe spot for them. You can’t have a season where you can only manage 59 points and walk away with a good grade. I am however going to award some “participation” points which brings them up a touch. You could easily argue for this grade to be lower, but I’m going to let them live a little.

Team: Calgary Flames :team29:
    Record: 32-48-1 (65 points)
    Owner: @x Loops 19 x
    General Manager: @Le-TKeSS

Summary: Sometimes things just don’t work out the way they should. On paper, I feel this team should have been much better than it was. From the beginning @x Loops 19 x seemed to be doing everything that would lead him to success in his first bid as NHL Owner on the PSN side. Starting at the top he lands @Le-TKeSS as his GM and free contract, a player who went for 7.5M in S5 and has been a steady and successful NHL presence since season 2. This seemed to be step one in a successful managerial campaign for loops. He then goes out and adds @Reddy to play with @Le-TKeSS . @Reddy and @Le-TKeSS have had success spending time playing with each other in every single season they have been in the league. By all views @x Loops 19 x should have been off to a good start.

Throughout the course of the season @x Loops 19 x made some smart moves in adding players that should have helped. Unfortunately, we learned that “should” does not always equal “is” for it seemed that every attempt to improve just went south over and over again. The Flames swiftly would descend into the depths of hell where they would simmer for the majority of this season and Chef Loops who seemed to have all the right ingredients quickly watched his season get cooked.

Highlight: Landing @Reddy on a decent contract to play with @Le-TKeSS

Lowlight: Trading for @I3rissette even though it was an AHL level deal it was just a general waste of time and a bad direction to head in. @I3rissette would eventually end up being removed from the league by the Rangers.

Grade: C

Reasoning for grade: @x Loops 19 x and company are getting a decent grade from me. Much higher of a grade than a team with their record should receive. Reason being is that contrary to what so many say it is not always management’s fault. Sure, it starts at the top, but it doesn’t end there. @x Loops 19 x is not a dumb guy. He’s been an owner or management multiple times over on Xbox. He is a Calder Cup winning GM on the PSN side and understands what it takes to win. That knowledge coupled with the fact that a lot of what he did made sense he is getting an elevated grade from me.

I personally could make a case for it to be higher but you can’t have a record that lackluster and score higher than a C. On the flip side I’m sure some would want this grade to be lower but we’ll nestle in with a C.

Team: Carolina Hurricanes :team74:
    Record: 44-33-5 (93 Points)
    Owner: @Raz-Orr
    General Manager: @NjDevil08

Summary: @Raz-Orr and company finish the season slotting into a divisional playoff spot. They then go on and win their first-round playoff match-up VS. the Islanders. The series went seven games and was easily the most exciting, high-powered, edge of your seat series in the first round(Making sure you have batteries in your sarcasm detector). They finished the regular season 3rd in the Metro division which was easily the weakest division in the league. While they may have finished 3rd they were only 4 points away from missing the playoffs completely.

I’m just going to be honest, I’m struggling here. You should have a lot of really good things to say about a team who finishes third in their division but I just simply do not. They were just a team that somehow was good enough to win enough games to be better than enough teams in a bad division. That has to count for something though. @Raz-Orr has been around a long time and has been the Owner of Carolina for what feels like since before I was born. In theory, he should know this league better than anyone and have thorough command of it. This team like most of the teams he has put together has had a somewhat respectable showing and do somehow find themselves in the thick of things come crunch time.

Highlight: Clinching the 3rd divisional spot to earn a playoff berth.

Lowlight: Trading @MikexMassacre to CBJ for for @zGuentzel. I’m really not entirely sure why I just feel like it is the only thing they did all season.

Grade: B-

Reasoning for grade: Kind of the polar opposite to Calgary, I feel B- is the lowest possible grade you can give a team who locks up a 3rd seed in their division. They were good enough to get in and you have to give credit for that but they were a fairly “stale” team lead by a guy who is just always there. I feel like they could have maybe done something to improve the team throughout the course of the season but never really did.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    zubov_x_21
  2. vhigh

vhigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +640 / 8 / -68
    I think you mean that Calgarys grade is ::team29:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Vhigh
  3. Untuchabl

Untuchabl I tried to be nice.....now I'll do what I do best

Ratings:
    +568 / 31 / -91
    Get his :team29: out yo mouth. That is average and sucking all season is average for you maybe. Least Buffalo had a shitty owner for their excuse.

No Streaming Account
  4. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    o_O

zubov_x_21
  5. VincentVael

VincentVael Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 6 / -8
    Hurricanes could lift the cup with half the league telling them they would be finishing bottom 5 looking for Dahlin. Oh they actually made playoffs? Must be luck. They will get swept. Oh they made round 2? Must be luck. They will get swept.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    Its a C because Loops saved his team trading for MustachoMexicano mid season.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account