Media Team/Management Grades (Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Zubov_x_21, Jan 3, 2018.

1. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    * = indicates all information may not be 100% accurate.

Team: Dallas Stars :team9:

Record: 54-22-6 (114 points)
    Owner: @xChief 27
    General Manager: @x Braydenn

Summary: @xChief 27 has fielded a competitive team for multiple seasons now. Dating all the way back to the Boston days. His teams have won the President’s Trophy twice and are always towards the upper end of the standings. He’s got his team back into the second round of the playoffs for the 3rd season in a row, last season he took Dallas all the way to the Stanley Cup Final where he lost to CBJ in 6 games.

Despite all these accolades @xChief 27 has not been able to win the big one and true league superiority has eluded him. Could this be the season where Chief finally gets his girl? He has certainly built the team for it and at this point only time can tell. No easy task lay ahead of him as the high-flying, dream killing, man-eating Chicago Blackhawks wait ahead of Dallas in round 2.

Highlight: Trading a 3rd Round Pick & I Am EHsian to the Rangers for HazeeHype & 1st Round Pick. Losing a player the caliber of @H3ad--v--Sh0t and not missing a beat.

Lowlight: Trading x_Jedi_x420 & dparans_ for oSUPAHSTARo, a 2nd Round Pick & Pandaleupagus

Grade: A-

Reasoning for grade: This was a tough grade to give. I think if Dallas goes on to win the cup we would have to revisit this grade. Chief and the boys are on the very cusp of an A+ but like Beefy get whacked a little bit until they can win it all. With some of the personnel on this squad at price tags from previous seasons I’d say it is expected for them to do well and to win it. So standby and let’s see what happens, if things go right for them this may need a boost in grade.

Team: Detroit Redwings* :team10:
    Record: 49-23-10 (108 points)
    Owner: @Curi0sity
    General Manager: @meka DVA meka

Summary: It’s really not a surprise that a team @meka DVA meka is involved with does well. Baris has had success at all levels of management. Whether it be NHL or AHL, Owner or General Manager, a team that Baris has a hand in building seems destined for the playoffs. @Curi0sity has had success also in this league, whether it be as a high-priced player or management, he has done well. Leading the season 4 Minnesota Wild to a playoff berth he found himself right back at it in Season 6.

Looking at the way their team was built, they were a sure-fire playoff team after bidding. Formed with a solid top six on the front end and a strong top four core of defensemen. The question here was always going to be bottom depth and how they would perform come playoff time and perhaps that is why they found themselves ousted in round 1 of the playoffs.

Highlight: Leading a team to a franchise high of 108 regular season points. Leading the Redwings to just their second playoff berth after many seasons in the cellar.

Lowlight: 11.25 was a lot to spend on @DDW4. He had a very respectable season posting a record of 22-4-0 and tallying 79 points in the process, so to call this a “lowlight” may be a bit of a stretch. I just feel they perhaps could have spread that money around a bit better and allocated funds with a bit more thrift.

Grade: B+

Reasoning for grade: Strong bidding. Solid in-season traversal of the trade market. Leading the team to a high in regular season points. Ending 2nd in the division. Knocked down a bit for exiting the playoffs in only the first round.

Team: Edmonton Oilers :team11:
    Record: 13-63-5 (31 points)
    Owner: @firemike0288
    General Manager: @BIGTBUC

Summary: When I think of this team I can’t help but think of the 2010 BP oil spill. What a disaster. Honestly, I can talk for a while about how poorly this team was ran but I think we all get it. I’ll just quickly summarize it all. From B-Bunny to overspending on AHL caliber forwards it was bad, all bad.

With only 31 regular season points this was the worst team in the history of the LGNHL PSN.

Highlight: @firemike0288 is a firefighter, a nice guy and more of a man than I an.

Lowlight: Everything they did.

Grade: D-(curved F)

Reasoning for grade: @firemike0288 is just simply not a good manager. He never has been and most likely never will be. He never had a winning team at the AHL level so honestly, how could you expect the guy to win up here? That being said he is a decent person, a firefighter and steadfast in all he does. Maybe I’ve gone a bit soft in my old age but I’m awarding just a fraction of a point to him for not giving up. He didn’t forfeit a bunch of games coming down the stretch and held until the very bitter end. I think that has to count for at least something. So, despite leading the worst team in the history of the LGNHL PSN, good old’ @firemike0288 avoids the F which performance wise he should have gotten.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    zubov_x_21
  2. oSUPAHSTARo

oSUPAHSTARo Washed

Ratings:
    +96 / 2 / -6
    Shoutouts to @Pandaleupagus and I for being lowlights, and our owner for saving us from Montreal

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21
    @oSUPAHSTARo u always brighten up my day at least

• Informative Informative x 1
    vRyy0v
  4. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Good writeup @Zubov_x_21 . I feel spending the money on @DDW4 was kind of worth it as he more then carried what he needed to during the season. @MastRREAP for @SuDzy92_ also was a nice highlight. Shame Boston fucked up the entire east and Ottawa and Detroit had to meet in the first round.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Nybarisny
  5. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    Watching Toronto FF a game just to lose to cbj was well worth it tho, would knowingly let dom second tag again

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Pastahnak
  6. IllVIBEZIll

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104

Not easy to pick out a "lowlight" for some teams. Some guys just generally do the right thing. It was just the easiest thing to throw a stick at. And it would have gave some options, though he did work out very well for you guys.

• Like Like x 1
    zubov_x_21
  7. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    To be fair we weren't going to win the cup whther we faced ottawa round 1 or not. My line and i sucked. Depth was our issue. I wouldn't blame our depth problems completely on devins high salary as we had some value players to offset that but it was a part of a few things that ended woth our depth being an issue.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. x__Mattson__x

x__Mattson__x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +299 / 11 / -103
    No Streaming Account
  9. firemike0288

firemike0288 Season 5 Condors GM

Ratings:
    +75 / 11 / -20
    @Zubov_x_21 good right up truth be told not much went right this season. From taking a team that had nothing to build, bidding on a guy who was inactive from the get go didnt help nor having a GM that never showed until game time. There were about 20 points left on the table do to not being able to hold a late lead which doesnt speak well. The fact that Edmonton does hold 11 or 12 picks going into next season could potentially be a good building block. As for being a bad manager i did pick you up in season 3 to help turn around a team that i was running with no other managers and an owner that traded a bulk of the talent with out replacing stock. Season 4 was a playoff year and season 5 which was a summer season with again no help from other managers doesnt produce good teams. I am by no means an elite player like most think they are but will never give up and always look for a way to improve. Players also have to be accountable and cant just say well this team is struggling so instead of trying to win they just assume not play thats not at the hands of management.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    firemike0288
  10. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    Do you have to write reports if you are a fireman? Jw.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    icallsowhat55
  11. firemike0288

firemike0288 Season 5 Condors GM

Ratings:
    +75 / 11 / -20
    I do but at 2 am a few drinks in and a non legal document i really dont care if its too sloppy.

• Like Like x 1
    firemike0288
  12. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I mean honestly you just need to know the league a little more. Not having anything to build with isn’t really much of a excuse plenty of owners fair fine by just having bidding spots. The needing the assistance of another mgmt is a weak cop out, a lot of guys just run a team by themselves, and if you needed someone to actually do GM duties you should have given GM to someone who would do that. Also not saying personal record reflects what a manager brings to the table but having your Owner rock a 25-47 record with a -120 in the AHL and running a 49 point 22-55-5 team the year before doesn’t really fill people with hope when you are landed in bidding. I understand the you should play where you land aspect but the minute you bid 12 million on a RW you signaled to the whole league you have no idea what you were doing. That followed up with a extremely poor bidding session hurt you before you even started. I agree you not FFing and getting people to show up is a task within its own. But at some point you need to look at yourself and say maybe nhl mgmt isn’t what you should be doing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Nybarisny
  13. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21

I disagree with most of this. The 12m rfa thing was ill advised, but hes right on alot of things. If you bid talent, you better have their club friends too or are friends with them yourself.

If you are part of the club, you have a large advantage over guys like mike, and its much easier.

That said, I see alot of people not respecting the need for these high end players, and you will not contend without them (at an appropriate price). If you want to manage in NHL, this is the landscape. It can be done as a newcomer if your atittude towards these guys is right.

vRyy0v
  14. IllVIBEZIll

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Mike I respect your drive and "Never-give-up" attitude. I personally don't think you have done too well with management overall but that is my opinion at and at the end of the day - fuck my opinion. You do whatever brings you enjoyment.

Baris is right about a lot here though, you need something to hang your hat on. Whether it be successful management history or personal skill or both. I'm not the best player, that's no secret. But I've done well as a manager in all leagues at all levels, regardless of what obstacles I've faced. I been spending a lot more time around better players though and watching them so hopefully that helps. So I'm getting off topic but I feel my management success is at least something of a selling point. Maybe the fact you never give up and do have a good chunk of experience by now can be yours.

A good tool to have when approaching players, people and life for that matter is to not give a rats ass what anyone thinks about you but also not to always let them know you don't care. More bees with honey and all that other good shit mom taught us growing up.

zubov_x_21
  15. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I think guys coming up from the nhl should expect some hardships and bumps in the first year they become owner, if they haven’t had experience being on a good team or managing one themselves. I highly doubt I am even half as competent as a owner/mgmt if I hadn’t watched for 2 seasons under you and @Primetimme .

Nybarisny
  16. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    No Streaming Account