S7 Western Central Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by bdeez_nutz, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ooo MoNoPoLY

ooo MoNoPoLY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 12 / -13
    After breathing bidding with the boys this weekend, I have never been more interested in who landed where so I decided to do a little write up for what I think will again be the deepest division in AHL PSN - the Western Central.

I was a part of it last season and have to admit I have mixed feelings of FOMO and relief about not being in this ringer of a division. This is probably the only write-up I do because it is the only division I feel I know enough about. On top of that, I know how thin skinned a lot of guys are on here and I don't want to make too many enemies.:p

Anyways, without further ado...

----------

1) :team307::team307::team307: Manitoba Moose :team307::team307::team307:
    [​IMG]

The Moose are looking for their third straight Calder Cup and despite losing a few key guys to NHL bidding they reloaded nicely. They made a splash in bidding picking up a premier AHL forward, @Bobby_Goggles12 , an 18 win per-season guy who will slide over from divisional rival, Chicago.

The Moose have three first lines and do not appear to have any weaknesses. Calder and SB MVP @xlDreamyyy has a reloaded defensive core with some new guys that look phenomenal on paper all while keeping anchors like @BobTheOstrich. I really don’t see a way this squad doesn’t make it to the Divisional finals at the very least.

Aside from this squads depth, putting them a the top of these rankings was a no-brainer. @nazzy2face, @Jmm420, and @LoBo_DaNgLeS_12 have been the cream of the crop in AHL management since S5 in Syracuse.

----------

2) :team395::team395::team395: Chicago Wolves:team395::team395::team395:
    [​IMG]

Xbox elites. @Gumba l11l picked off right where this squad left off last season monopolizing the Xbox AHL PSNers. They were able to bring back @Meestah Don for $$$8 mil after a bidding snipe fest.

It will be interesting to see if one of their new 500k Xboxers making their PSN debut can fill the shoes of Bobby_Goggle$$$$. But guys like @MeatyTenderStix and @glex should make an immediate impact on the PSN side for the Wolves.

Between the pipes, they will most likely have one of the most underrated goalies on PSN in @jasonx1755 who went to VGK in NHL bidding. This team should be solid throughout the season as they look for vengeance on a disappointing end to S6.

----------

3) :team362::team362::team362: Iowa Wild :team362::team362::team362:
    [​IMG]

In a move that raised eyebrows for anyone who followed the CHL last year two top point getters Oil Kings owner @XxToMMy6926xX and Blades GM @xxBEAST4EVERxx decided to team up and take their talents to Iowa. This move alone is a major upgrade from the dreary S6 Wild who were the bottom feeders in this division last season. The power moves continued bringing in offense studs like @lDatsyuk13l, @PhewPhewCam, and @MattTheCoolCat.

Their D-core will be led by @OhhCrosby87 who has a lot of big game experience playing for silky the past few seasons and potentially @cmike17 and @Atboud who are both NHL talent.

As of the start of the season, this team is very top heavy. I think with a few moves made throughout the season to beef up their depth they are a sleeper pick to dethrone the Moose in the Western Central Finals this spring.

----------

4) :team390::team390::team390: Milwaukee Admirals :team390::team390::team390:
    [​IMG]

This team has an insane amount of depth, could be the deepest team pre-season roster in AHL history. Before RA’s are out the Admirals have/are hoarding 39 players on their roster. On top of that @curlew7 did a great job during bidding stacking up some great players to build around such as @PitcheRxSwaGx, @iTzzGamETimE_ , and @BossRoss_FD.

There is definitely a luxury for this squad to be able to call DPs up and down if they are not scoring because I do not see the defense being an issue here between the guys they landed in bidding and the players they drafted.

It will be interesting to watch how things pan out here but with so many question marks on who will and won’t make this roster, it is hard to predict how these guys will do and how that will affect the locker room morale. But with that much talent going into the season you have to think it will work out for them.

----------

5) :team625::team625::team625: Colorado Eagles :team625::team625::team625:
    [​IMG]

@ThaKillaJay gets the AGM to GM promotion in Colorado and rightfully so. The Eagles were not expected to do much at the beginning of the season S6 ,but they fought until the very end in a playoff race for the ages. It should be the same this season.

They are bringing back some of their core from last season in @trycept, @Obey_the_Sandman, @threet38 and @KoNtOs SmAsH 96 back so chemistry should be a major strength for this squad and there is no doubt they will be making another playoff push like last season.

----------

6) :team349::team349::team349: Rockford Icehogs :team349::team349::team349:
    [​IMG]

Huge question marks at the NHL level made it tough to figure out where Rockford belongs on here. They were a force in the West Central S6 but with the NHL roster swap (CHI<->BUF )this is a completely different team in S7.

They have some NHL talent at forward such as center @DoctorBenchPress, right winger @Robbed95, left winger @Cold_Killa-77. They were able to snag some solid defensemen in @PoochtowN, @goalscorer9, and @cjdtheprofessor capped off with a nice tendy, @Speedytdawg88.

If the NHL team struggles like people are projecting it will, they could lose their top players in an AHL/NHL cycle of death but on the flip side, the Blackhawks may decide it is better to let their top DPs develop in the AHL rather then them getting smoked in the NHL (if that is the case). If it's the latter this team can be a force to be reckoned with this spring.

----------

7) :team299::team299::team299: Grand Rapids Griffins :team299::team299::team299:
    [​IMG]

There is new management in Grand Rapids with @skeymour and @YoImCory taking over.

They have no DPs and their highest paid player @Jade_Dragoon_ will have a heavy workload in his first season at forward switching over from an NHL goalie. They picked up a solid dman in @Greeno1822 and have a solid first line center in @chegg (if he stays in the AHL).

This team's first line could be tough to face, but aside from that, there is not much currently on this roster that will make you think they can move past the ugly @Hilly incident from the end of S6.

----------

8) :team317::team317::team317: Cleveland Monsters :team317::team317::team317:
    [​IMG]

Hate to do this to my old squad, but the Monsters do not have much going for them. They are in the toughest division and their management team consists of a washed-up NHL owner @Budz_780 and his AGM who is fresh off a ban for not showing up to his games.

Looking past management they do have some talent on the roster with forwards such as @Kusznir, @R1SK66, and @Pickleboy1988. The majority of the roster seems like guys who are just coming back to LG and put up good season back in NHL 16 or NHL 17. Will be interesting to see if they can have similiar success in NHL 18.

----------

Keep in mind this is 100% just an opinion based. Please don't get butthurt...

Cheers and best of luck to all this season,
    -Bdeez

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like x 14
    • Winner x 4
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Unabuga6

Unabuga6 I'm a tree doctor btw

Discord:
    Unabuga6#0060
    Ratings:
    +215 / 29 / -45
    Voted Winner because its better than mine.

• Like Like x 2
    unabuga6
  3. Lowkey_Clapped_U

Lowkey_Clapped_U Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    R.I.P ;)
    Good write up should be interesting

• Like Like x 1
    tylerlowkeygaming
  4. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @bdeez_nutz

Solid write up! Keep up the enthusiasm. ​

John_SheIdon
  5. bobbatta

bobbatta Big Dick Bobbatta

Discord:
    Bobbatta#7682
    Ratings:
    +387 / 12 / -33
    Wolves in 4.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. YoImCory

YoImCory I Like Turtles

Discord:
    yoimcory#0
    Ratings:
    +104 / 8 / -5
    Don’t sleep on GRG

Effused
  7. ISLANNDS

ISLANNDS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    islannds#0
    Ratings:
    +99 / 16 / -11
    :)

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ISLANNDS
  8. J Peeace

J Peeace Too Many Softies

Discord:
    Peeace#8594
    Ratings:
    +287 / 20 / -32
    nice write up.
    forgot to mention my brother who was the steal of bidding at 1 mil for iowa.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Stxvio

Stxvio Greatest Never

Discord:
    stxvio#0
    Ratings:
    +1,431 / 161 / -243
    Can confirm @OhhCrosby87 will not be leading this D-core. Also, expect me to be carried by the GOATS in Iowa!

Stavio_98
  10. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    Tough division, should be interesting.

sumaaaaaaaa
  11. Bxrt1_

Bxrt1_ Washed AF

Discord:
    Bert#9478
    Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -12
    More about meese please :)

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Bxrt1
  12. o Crosbyyy

o Crosbyyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    crosbyyy#0
    Ratings:
    +66 / 10 / -12
    Can Confirm Stavio is ugly

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    Just know that it will take more than 105 points to make playoffs in this division.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Markz_51
  14. BryanAdoresLiz

BryanAdoresLiz My cats breath smells like cat food

Ratings:
    +282 / 2 / -6
    Lol. This was good and so true.

• Winner Winner x 1
    bryanadoresliz
  15. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -520
    rip dreamy

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    premierplayer
  16. ittozziloP

ittozziloP Hashtag Big Three

Ratings:
    +365 / 57 / -37
    Fuck you man. I was so ready for some hockey and now I'm forced to binge-watch The Wire again :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. New Michigan

New Michigan On the Lake

Discord:
    korey72#0
    Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -43
    100%

• Winner Winner x 1
    k72m
  18. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Good stuff, Deez! Might need you on the show this Sunday!

• Informative Informative x 1
    tsibs88