question

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Glachs, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Lord Skahgz

Lord Skahgz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    not sure how this works, but i am currently a G in the CHL, but want to scout to see if i have what it takes to get promoted to the NHL. do owners look at CHL numbers and call up on need or ?

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    LordSkahgz
  2. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    dont talk during games and youll be good.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    RehanekYT
  3. Lord Skahgz

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    i mute my mic during every game lmao, not sure that answers my question but ty for the quick response :)

• Like Like x 5
    LordSkahgz
  4. Stastnyy

Stastnyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 45 / -54
    Honestly just take your time. Don’t try and skip steps. Win your games in the CHL. Start playing club with NHL/AHL players. Get drafted then after that, people will know about you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    stastnyy
  5. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    Exactly took me 7 seasons of playing club games with NHL caliber players and grinding out AHL seasons to make it to the biggies. Unless you are something crazy good (like not me) and also know some equally crazy good players that also happen to be NHL management don't expect to make the NHL quickly.

Enjoy the CHL becuase you face a ridiculous amount of shots and you can steal games becuase most of the time plays are easy to read. Its a massive jump from AHL to NHL as a goalie you face way few shots you have to rely on your defense much much more plays are harder to read and it's easy to get frustrated.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Lord Skahgz

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    i get that the jump is huge, but i am a huge competitor, i just want like 1 game at the level to see if i am good enough, like its just in me to want that challenge. plus if i am not, it will only make me better and want to be better to be good enough to play at that level.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    LordSkahgz
  7. Scorvat

Scorvat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 33 / -29
    As a prospect, you are not eligible for a full-time nhl call-up until you reach amateur status. You will be randomly assigned to an Nhl team however and they may need to use you as an ecu. Just be active and you’ll get a shot in the next few seasons.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    If you go about it the right way and play with some NHL / ESHL guys, that's your best bet at getting drafted IMO... It's all about who you know. Your stats don't necessarily determine who drafts you, or when. Prime example: I got LUCKY with my first season being on a mem cup winning team. I got looks I wouldn't have otherwise. I got drafted, put on the AHL team to prove myself, and got put in with ECUs every game. My stats were abysmal in my AHL stint. I was sent back down to the C, and put some good games in. If you grind out the bullshit games with the good ones, you'll get noticed if you have what it takes, but I think your focus should be to play with a group of guys regularly that are in the NHL already or know some guys etc. Goalies don't get a ton of respect so you need to take the games as they come and be patient.

Whether you're on a good or bad team defensively in the C (or any league), it WILL show in your stats, so I'm not sure "grinding it out" is the best recommendation honestly. If you get stuck with a crap team, your stats are going to be crap (or at the very least not as good as they should be), and you're bound to be in the C for a while because your stats speak for themselves. When I'm on and down to play, I'm posting "G here for 4s and 6s" in the NHL and AHL shoutbox, non stop till I get a game. You'll get a look by someone worth knowing sooner or later. So having said that, I would suggest to just post in the shoutbox as much as possible. Tell people you're new and looking for a shot. We were all new at one time. See if you can build some relationships with regulars, there's a lot of guys that play every single night and are just looking for ANY G to tend for a few games.

Also - don't be afraid to play 4's. It's straight aids for goalies, but it's great practice on the breakaways. You might get frustrated with the GAA and save % but the guys that play 4s are just looking for a body in net. I see a lot of elite players playing 4s to work on their dekes and stuff in open space.. I also think in 4s you can really prove yourself - and if you wanna play in the NHL you'll be expected to make those breakaway saves once in a while and you have to learn to attack the shot a little more. It's all about learning how the NHL caliber guys play and what moves to expect, which I don't think "grinding it out" in the CHL (or AHL for that matter) will teach you at all. If anything, that's the opposite of what you wanna do because you might get into some bad habits. You're required to play those CHL games to become a prospect - but I wouldn't use that as your guideline or expectation in terms of competition if you have serious ambition of NHL play time. Try and get games in with NHL guys when you're not playing your required CHL games. If you suck, give it time to adjust. When all else fails, play the shot first and pass second, be aggressive on open shots, never give up shortside, and watch the wraps. The good players won't blame you for a cross crease one timer or someone being out of position. Just stick to the basics. And don't talk to much, skaters tend to hate that.

This turned into a longer post than I was expecting, because honestly this topic deserves it's own thread. There's some great tutorial videos out there too if you're really new or still learning. Between the Pipes on youtube is where I learned the basics, and you pick it up from there.

Dirty_Jerrz
  9. Lord Skahgz

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    @DirtyJerrz973 appreciate the information, this will be my 2nd seasons in the CHL i consider myself one of the top tendys in the game, i think i am that good. yea i have to get better i am not perfect, but i don't think i'm a shitter, which is why i want the opportunity to prove myself, 3s (4s) have made me better on breakaways but its still a 50/50 hold your breath type of poo lol.. i don't have access to the NHL shoutbox, so i'll try AHL and go up from there. hopefully i can get lucky or a NHL owner sees this thread and puts me in at ECU for a game to try me out. either way, my focus as of now is my CHL games, i usually keep me head down do my job and try to win games for my team, but i do want to advance my career and not stick in the CHL forever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    LordSkahgz
  10. Tolvanen l11l

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    Then do as much club as possible hang around the chatbox enough and you will get picked up.

No Streaming Account
  11. Tolvanen l11l

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    You can access the NHL chatbox by clicking LGHL then clicking the FORUMS tab.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account