bidding and babies

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Glachs, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Lord Skahgz

Lord Skahgz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    Bidding:

why when a player is bid on the timer resets back to 8hrs that makes no sense to me. imo it should just keep counting down, only if sniped in the last minute, the timer jumps back to 60 seconds giving teams the opportunity to re-bid or opt out. that to me would make more sense, but again just one mans opinion.

Babies:

I understand this is a video game and people want to play chel with their buddies, but this is a LEAGUE, why not just be happy to be on a roster, and get the chance to play against your buddies, beat them, trash talk, see them in the playoffs. you can always play with them in club any time you want before the league game starts. idk why it is such a big deal that 2-3 games a night without your buddies is a reason to bitch and complain.. i mean is it that big of a deal?

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 4
    LordSkahgz
  2. KEAPPS

KEAPPS Wrangler

Ratings:
    +249 / 11 / -32
    Bidding: Well the reason it goes back to the hours remaining after sniped with a few seconds left is to give time to other owner to re bid because some people go to sleep or work and can't watch bidding for 72 hours straight.

Babies: some people don't want to play with or for people they don't know. It's 1 thing to play for ur friends n not be doing well in the season but it's totally different to play with people u don't know or dislike. Imagine being on a cross country trip in a car with somebody who sings "I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves" and that what it's like to play for a shitter that's not ur friend.

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Salty x 27

Salty x 27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +440 / 27 / -48
    Loll people have life beside of bidding.
    They can't be on their phone 24/7.

Why aren't you happy with the bidding system? It takes too long? If you can't wait a few days until bidding is over then this is your problem lol.

• Like Like x 1
    Keith_Show
  4. Lord Skahgz

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    i never said i was unhappy with the system, i just didn't get it. if i bid on someone at 8am and the timer starts 7:59:99 it's obvious that the bid will expire at 4pm, so i need to be on the LG board all day for that? i can check the bid at 3:30pm and bid again if necessary, and at 3:55pm get on the phone to make sure i don't get sniped. Ebay doesn't reset your timer, why should this? its called time management and would make bidding more interesting.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    LordSkahgz
  5. Scorvat

Scorvat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 33 / -29
    If you bid on someone at 4 in the afternoon, they would expire at 4 in the morning (12 hour Nhl bid times). Yeah fuck that noise.

No Streaming Account
  6. Lord Skahgz

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    Then dont bid at 4pm? Use your head, if you know the time is 12hrs. Bid early morning or at night, so its at a decent hour where you can check it. Or have all bids start counting down as soon as bidding goes live so instead of 12hrs make it 3 days, everyone will have a chance to bid and it closes on lets say friday at 8pm est, so noone can complain.. i mean, there are so many changes you can make to the system, im just saying it could be better... doesnt hurt to have a conversation

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    LordSkahgz
  7. Hainers

Hainers Thad Castle

Ratings:
    +344 / 25 / -16
    This post is as brain dead as my girlfriend. Next please.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    xOshie74x
  8. Scorvat

Scorvat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 33 / -29
    At that point what's the point of the timers? Might as well make it 5 minutes and have a constant bidding war. Some people aren't able to be on all day and night. The bidding system works fine as it is. What you are suggesting would be an absolute headache for managers, more so than bidding already is. As someone who has done bidding at all 3 levels, the current system isn't perfect, but its workable. Yeah it might be annoying when you get sniped to have to wait another 12 hours to find out where you are going, but it is also there to deal with connection issues, work issues, hell dealing with screaming kids. Managers aren't computers, we have other shit going on in our lives.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    The sickest way to do bidding would be a live auction where a player is nominated and the last owner bidding gets them going once going twice...

That is not possible with the amount of players and time it would take, the only way to do it is the way we do it now. You wanna limit last hour bids limit the amount of bids an owner can make in the last hour.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    For someone who is "new" to the site you sure know an awful lot about how it works

No Streaming Account
  11. Lord Skahgz

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    i never said i knew anything, i just opened up bidding to a discussion, i know how ebay and other sites that do "bids" work, and i have seen LG do bids, and i just wondered why it is the way it is and maybe there is a way to do it better.. i didn't know people were so against conversations, i am not holding the owners of the site up at gunpoint forcing them to change anything, i am just asking questions.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Troll Troll x 1
    LordSkahgz
  12. Salty x 27

Salty x 27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +440 / 27 / -48
    What if a team bidded on your player before you did and you can't be on when this bid expire because you have a job? You get penalized because someone bidded on that player before you were "ready" to bid on him.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Keith_Show
  13. Shockz

Shockz Hidden Potential

Ratings:
    +711 / 12 / -14
    3EF2B26E-5176-4843-98F2-B295425CCA8F.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    shockz_x