Krok-o-dill's Top Players NOT in the LGHL - Right Defense

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Krok-o-dill, Feb 14, 2018.

?

What position would you like to see next?

1. Center

2. Left Wing

3. Right Wing

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Hello, and welcome to the 2nd of 5 installments of “Krok’s Top Players NOT in the LGHL PSN”. I’ll be today I’ll be sharing with my thoughts on Right Defense. To be eligible for this list you needed to be listed as a RD and play most of your games in the league at that position.

As an introduction to how this column is constructed, I checked through the current rosters (as of February 14th) and created a short list of all the “Best” players from the position being covered (Right Defense). I determined who was “Best” by assessing Meaningful NHL Experience, AHL Dominance, and Past CHL Promise. Players who are Management are NOT included in this list because you chose to be in the AHL. Then, from that short list I narrowed it down to Gold, Silver, & Bronze Players (in honour of the Olympics, and to be different) based on comparison of statistics to the Short List and my opinion.

Please keep in mind that this is my opinion combined with the stats that have been recorded in LG across all LG PSN leagues. I did not investigate other league stats, Xbox stats, or any other factors. Keep in mind also the date in which this was composed. Just doing this for fun and seeing if there is a desire for me to continue writing articles such as this. So be nice!

Gold – @Stiivii-66 – Ontario Reign

What more is there to say that you don’t know? 9-million-dollar man, Probably is a #1 or #2 Dman in the NHL. Dominates at every level. Stanley Cup winner and former AHl all-star in the only season he played. It will be tough for him to be called up to the league he belongs to with that salary. I hope for his sake the Reign can give him a competent partner & forward line to play with so that he can do his thing. Definitely a game changer and makes whatever team he is on a Playoff Team.

Silver – @BuRGeR – Stockton Heat

AHL lifer and Toronto Marlie alumni, Burger has been a force in the league since breaking in in S1. He has never had anywhere close to a sub .500 season (11-7 in S3 was probably the worst) and hasn’t had less than 15 wins since Season 3. Burger is a ++ Defensive player who is a lock for 20+ points on the back end. He has shown he can shoot when he gets the puck (80 shots in S5) which is valuable for any team. This 2 time All-star signed a 2 season deal at a market rate of 6.25 mill, which he is well worth. I would love to see Burger give the NHL a try full-time, but to each his own!

Bronze – @Berrakov – Toronto Marlies

From the Toronto Marlies past to the Toronto Marlies present. Berrakov has been an All-star in both of the last 2 seasons and looks to continue the trend for the Marlies in S7. He put up an absurd 19 wins with a +40 last year. The giveaways are a little higher then one would like, but he makes up for it with offense, putting up 25 points last year. I can see a 30+ point season from Berr if the Marlies are good again this year. Eventually (like Burger) I’d like to see him try his skill in the NHL, but for now we get to hopefully witness another all-star season from this Marlie.

Honourable Mentions (no order):

@Mollet29 – Cleveland Monsters - Has jumped around position-wise during his career. Had a very solid 19-win season as a LD in the NHL, so assuming that this will also translate to the AHL as competition drops. Had to put him on this list even though the RD experience is lacking.

@XxDreamtheaterX – Cleveland Monsters - Another player who has jumped around positonally. 2 solid AHL seasons and a good CHL season at RD.

@Johnnywest14200 – Colorado Eagles - Great rookie year in the AHL last season with the Eagles. Expecting +/- improvement in the AHL this year, as +7 in a 17-win season is suspect. Showed great promise in the CHL so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

@Chanderson773 – Manitoba Moose – After a decent S5 in the CHL, Chanderson made an immediate impact during S6 in the AHL en route to a Calder Cup. +30 in the regular season with a minimal Giveaway to Takeaway ratios. Came alive in the playoffs and is having a great S7 preseason (for what that’s worth). Definitely a “riser” on this list for me!

@Beened – Rochester Americans – After a so-so debut in S2, Beened showed he could be a reliable AHL dman in S3 and S4 with great records and numbers for both the Bears and Ice Hogs. Made the jump to the NHL in S5 and saw some struggles but wasn’t completely terrible. After taking summer season off, he’s back and ready to return to the AHL defender of the past.

@Bizness101 – San Antonio Rampage – Bizness has a lot of LG games under his belt. He has played every season of LG PSN and has 3 Seasons in the NHL (1 good season, 2 not so good). AHL stats from the past are really good, last season’s were not. Biz’s career is trending down as of this point, but I’ve played with him for a brief time in the NHL (when I was a forward) and I thought he was solid. Expecting a bounce back year for the Rampage with a very solid 750K contract.

@Mahon_SoLo – Texas Stars – Mahon is getting an honourable mention here because of 4 full seasons of NHL experience. They have not been pretty seasons. His lone AHL season in S2 was mediocre. This year will certainly be a measuring stick for what he really is.

@MAFIA-91 – Binghamton Devils – Awesome CHL career, great AHL Debut last season. Mafia got introduced to the NHL for 13 games last season and struggled which is his only blemish. I expect a big year from Mafia. After playing with him briefly to prepare with the Devils for the new season. In the games we played you can see that skill to the point where I was saying out loud “Damnnnnnn Yellow!” in our party chat.

@Blderunner_GT – Hartford Wolf Pack – Career has kind of went backward in the sense that he went from AHL, to NHL, to CHL from S2 to S6. Dominated the CHl last year, ready to build on impressive AHL career stats. Nothing to blink at during his NHL time either.

@Bartchy eh – Solid NHL numbers, AHL numbers are something to be desired. A full season in either league would be a good measuring stick for future success. Not much in points but certainly can win games. 2 time Stanley cup champ which is certainly something.

@cjdtheprofessor – Rockford Ice Hogs – All around great numbers in the AHL, but limited games played. Has done a few seasons in the NHL and the numbers are not pretty to say the least. I have played against CJD a few times (he was a member of the S4 Monsters who shared the same Division as my S4 Wild team). Serviceable Dman. Needs a dominant AHL season to follow up last seasons success.

@Samurai-Siaki – Chicago Wolves – Loads on NHL experience (not always pretty I might add) but a dominant season last year. Played a good mix of LD and RD last year so he makes this list.

@JoeWink13 – Bakersfield Condors – AHL vetern with good stats across multiple seasons with multiple teams. Has never had a below 500 season (if you don’t count OT losses, which I don’t). + points for longevity and hanging around for so long.

Right Defense to watch during the upcoming season:

*Note: These are players that, when doing my research, I see the potential to be above average to great AHL Players. I would not be surprised if they enter this conversation with more service time in the League/AHL.

· @MafiaRage – Belleville Senators

· @Redlater – Binghamton Devils

· @COULTER145 – Hershey Bears

· @OhhCrosby87 – Laval Rocket

· @XxGreenwoodxX514 – Laval Rocket

· @ChiefTrout – Manitoba Moose

· @Warriors8013 – Manitoba Moose

· @iRep_Tha_Alumni – Manitoba Moose (get this guy of the TC)

· @JKayy_ - Rochester Americans

· @goalscorer9 – Rockford Ice Hogs

· @CoopandRemer – San Diego Gulls

· @lxWaRpAtHxl – Springfield Thunderbirds

· @atomicstorm13 – Tucson Roadrunners

· @Kann0n_42_ - Tuscon Roadrunners

Anyways, that’s all folks! Please participate in the Poll above and feel free to leave comments of RD’s who you think are the best of the best!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
    krok0dill
  2. bobbatta

bobbatta Big Dick Bobbatta

Discord:
    Bobbatta#7682
    Ratings:
    +387 / 12 / -33
    i vote for goalie rankings dork

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    To stay unbiased, goalie rankings will come last and be a community vote. Ill only lay out the nominees ;)

• Like Like x 1
    krok0dill
  4. Mollet_29

Mollet_29 s11 Phantoms Calder Cup GM

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -30
    Wow I’m actually in a positive thread lmao good write up!

• Like Like x 2
    mollet_29
  5. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    Give C's some love!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    xtwisterr
  6. MafiaRage

MafiaRage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Darn! Not good enough for honorable mentions :sadegg:

My CHL record is neat but after hitting some bad lineups in AHL last season I can see why i'd be doubted =/

Those who know me know that with a good line i'm very solid though, hopefully i'll make this thread next time :p

Stiivii Always has been top player in every league he's played pretty much including on Defense/Wing/Centre/Goalie which is quite impressive haha, good job drouin :p

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  7. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    @MafiaRage i got you as a player to watch for next season in the article!

CHL stats were amazing - but not a full season. Solid stint in S5 in the AHL with the Heat, but like you mentioned, struggled a bit last season. What got you on the players to watch list was the NHL ECUs. Youve put up a very good record in the NHL. On the players to watch list because we need to see a full AHL season and I’d think you could put up 12-15 wins easy!

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 2
    krok0dill
  8. Nine2Fiver

Nine2Fiver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 4 / -33
    Im trash :(

• Like Like x 1
    nine2fiver
  9. jumpyg1258

jumpyg1258 One wild and crazy guy

Ratings:
    +188 / 17 / -28
    As am I.

No Streaming Account
  10. Toeffoli

Toeffoli Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Don’t matter probably some where out west
    Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -69
    Krok just remember I’m a C when you do them ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    AnthonyLive
  11. SilKyy_97

SilKyy_97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    _silkyy97#0
    Ratings:
    +1,295 / 56 / -154
    Was going to be very disappointed in this post if the goat @OhhCrosby87 wasnt on it. Most underrated rd in the ahl and best person to have in a party during a game!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    silkynsmarshshow
  12. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    No management allowed on these lists! Sorry bud. Sauce me a few bucks or some sympathy shots when you play the Devils and that can change!

krok0dill
  13. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Stats dont lie, thats why he’s on the Players to watch. Party presence is a big intangible though!

krok0dill
  14. Toeffoli

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -69
    Why no managements lmao

AnthonyLive
  15. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Because you chose to be in the AHL. Its not fair to the other players if the list is mostly management. Just how i decided to do it!

krok0dill
  16. Toeffoli

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -69
    We can all also sign up late to avoid nhl... so?

• Useful Useful x 1
    AnthonyLive
  17. ooo MoNoPoLY

ooo MoNoPoLY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 12 / -13
    These are incredible man. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Toeffoli

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -69
    They are nice

AnthonyLive
  19. MafiaRage

MafiaRage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    haha yeah i've never had a stable season yet, always shifting and things happening. Hopefully this season I get a chance to rack up a few wins and help out my team ^^
    These are very cool by the way, looking forward to all future posts similar to these ones.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  20. Vish x 91

Vish x 91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 26 / -32
    wheres @Full_melt707 , Top RD in EASHL, #82 in the world for RD.

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Troll x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Old x 1
    vish_b