Krok-o-dill's Top Players NOT in the LGHL - Right Wing

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Krok-o-dill, Feb 20, 2018.

?

What would you rather have of a Right Wing?

1. Elite goal scorer but no Passing Ability

2. Elite Passer but never shoots the puck

3. Versatile Positionally (to cover for D and C) but underwhelming offensive ability

4. 3rd line CHLer for 2 periods of every game, but 1st line NHLer for 1 period

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Hello, and welcome to the 4th of 5 installments of “Krok’s Top Players NOT in the LGHL PSN”. Today I’ll be sharing with my thoughts on Right Wing. To be eligible for this list you needed to be listed as a RW and play most of your games in the league at that position.

As an introduction to how this column is constructed, I checked through the current rosters (as of February 20th) and created a short list of all the “Best” players from the position being covered (RW). I determined who was “Best” by assessing Meaningful NHL Experience, AHL Dominance, and Past CHL Promise. Players who are Management are NOT included in this list because you chose to be in the AHL. Then, from that short list I narrowed it down to Gold, Silver, & Bronze Players (in honour of the Olympics, and to be different) based on comparison of statistics to the Short List and my opinion.

Please keep in mind that this is my opinion combined with the stats that have been recorded in LG across all LG PSN leagues. I did not investigate other league stats, Xbox stats, or any other factors. Keep in mind also the date in which this was composed. Just doing this for fun and seeing if there is a desire for me to continue writing articles such as this. So be nice!

*IMPORTANT NOTE: With the addition of full TCs to each AHL roster, sorting through statistics for every single listed position has become…daunting. With this in my please note that I am only looking at players now on Active AHL Rosters. I’m sorry if this causes any inconvenience. If there is a TC that you feel needs to be given props, please share with a comment below.

Gold – @Apperation – Springfield Thunderbirds

I say this respectfully, but I always thought Apperation was more of a complementary piece on a top line than a stand-alone elite player. I am wrong sometimes… After 3 straight 70-point seasons of at least 14 wins in the AHL, it was time for App to go to the NHL. And holy shit did he ever go off. 20-4-2 with 50 points on the LA Kings last year. Signed up late and got a big contract this season in the AHL or else he’d 100% be an NHL player (already ECU’ed with Florida this year!). I think if enough centers want you as their line mates than that has to say something about your skill and ability to play the game. He might not put up 100-point seasons, but all this guy knows how to do is win. App is going to shred the AHL this year if he stays down full time.

Silver – @BryanAdoresLiz – Manitoba Moose

Sweet Cups, Shitty PSN name . 2 time and back to back Calder winners deserve respect, which is why Bryan appears as my silver pick. A big time 80-point season last season, and an up and down NHL rookie season in S5. This guy shows up in the playoffs and gets things done. Had good CHL peripherals but what do those matter anymore as he as already proven he is a force. 3rd straight season with the powerhouse Moose and I fully expect him to be at least an 80-point player. Watch out come the Loffs though.

Bronze – @Timyz7 – San Diego Gulls

I almost feel a little dirty putting such a good player so low in my medal rankings. But this truly is a “what have you done lately” assessment and that’s it. 3x dominant 80+ point seasons in S1, S2 and S5. 2 seasons of (almost) 20 wins. I think the gulls will end up having one of the top RWs in the league all year on a really really solid 1 mill contract. I think it’ll be interesting to see if the NHL Ducks call him up for such a good contract because he clearly is a good player. Should be one of the first guys in line for a ECU. He will be in the hunt for the Point total leaderboards all year. S5 calder cup winner but had a very shortened season last year for some reason. Let’s see what he can do this year.

Honourable Mentions (no order):

@WateryDolphin77 – Chicago Wolves – Everybody’s favourite BOG. WD has had very tough last 2 seasons in the AHL. On this list because of his S3 & S4 prowess. He is on a solid Wolves squad with a lot of quality players on it, so he should be able to return to his former greatness. In a down season last year still was a 20-20 player (goals and assists) but we expect a lot more this year.

@mapleleafs1981 – Chicago Wolves – Former teammate of mine for a short time last season. Didn’t stick with the big club but came back down to the AHL and dominated. Had a near 80-point season in S5 and AHL stats check out. Like WD, Maples will be on a very talented squad and if he meshes with one of the Wolves good centers then 80 points is a possibility.

@JKHank07 – Manitoba Moose – The W/L record might not be there, but Hank can fill the net. 72 points with a near .500 record last season in the AHL and 88 points with a near .500 record in the CHL. Now he is on a contender in the Moose. If he could just solve the W/L record somehow, he would be considered closer to the bronze pick. Expect 15ish wins this season if he sticks with the Moose.

@Perry1978 – Milwaukee Admirals – Amazing CHL player. Highly decorated career with a powerhouse team. He jumped straight into the NHL the next season and struggled mightily. Got sent down to the Admirals that same season and dominated. Very up and down, but the AHL is the place for Perry to dominate. Expect big things (even if this might be a bit of projection). Can’t diss CHL dominance like that.

@Hydrate93 – Ontario Reign – Another big time CHL. Didn’t fair too bad in the NHL going close to .500 in S5. Spent some time in the AHL that same year and did very will in limited action. Last year put up 70 points and had a respectable record. With a good team this season so let’s see what he’s got.

@ittozziloP – Providence Bruins – Former manager and well known AHL player. Pretty solid trend in wins and loses bouncing between 17 wins and 13 wins in each of the last 4 seasons. This should be the 17-win year. Bottoms out at 50ish points and can get as high as almost 80 points, which I think most managers would take. Hasn’t truly dominated in his career but makes the list because of consistency.

@Robbed95 – Rockford Ice hogs – Sneaks onto my list because of sticking a whole year on a terrible Sabres team last season in the NHL and a solid 70-point season in S5. Would like to see another one of those to get more of my respect.

@mrtryhard98NHL – Springfield Thunderbirds – Big time, out of nowhere season (statistically) last year. 92 points, 20-8 AHL season. Recreate that this year and we are talking in the medal category for sure.

@Fiilzy- - San Antonio Rampage – Solid CHL season and a 70-point AHL campaign to boot. Very good in ECUs in the NHL considering the team he was ECUing for. I can see Fiilzy becoming one of those very consistent second line players in the AHL for seasons to come.

@SliestGibbon659 – San Jose Barracuda – “Meh” in the CHL, but what a record he put up in S6. 20-win season and around 60 points. This will be a big season to prove whether he was carried, or he is worthy of the 20-win season on his resume. Would love to see the point totals go up, but nothing wrong with a defensively conscious RW.

@Marktsib – Stockton Heat – Solid record in the AHL, but meh in terms of overall stats. Had one season of 70 points, but not much more to speak of other than that. Makes the list because his record is good. Had a 16-win season but only 44 points… #DefenseFirst?

@Mathqc22 – Texas Stars – Good CHL experience and has shined in the last 2 seasons. 19-win season and 66 points in S5, 11-5-3 with 45 points in S6. Can get the wins and is consistent in points. Can’t ask for much more than that.

@Xx_Johnny84Qc_xX – Tucson Roadrunners – Solid season last year after some middling CHL seasons. 75-point seasons are nothing to shake a stick at. Pass first RWers are different. Get this guy on a line with a scorer Tucson.

@Testify911 – WBS Penguins – Good CHL season in S5. Exposed at the NHL level in S6. Clearly a buy low candidate for the Penguins that could pay off with the talent that is on that team. In line for a big season.

@Jayscott555 – WBS Penguins – I know this guy is good, but for some reason I thought the stats were better. 67-point season in the AHL in S4. I was in the League during that same season and for some reason I thought he put up close to 100 points. NHL experience is middling but expecting a triumphant return to the AHL this year.

@DR_T_BAGG – Hartford Wolf Pack – Solid CHL season in S5, Debuted with a similar record and stats in the AHL in S6. We will see how far Hartford takes him, or he takes Hartford this year. One of those guys that could probably blow up with a really good center.

@Moves_Like_Miley – Hershey Bears – Long time AHLer and model of consistency (which I value). 4x 60-point AHL seasons. Call it 4x 30 goal (or very close to) seasons. Probably a really good second liner on most teams. I’d love to see some improvement on the overall record but can score even on a bad team.

@puckzone – Leigh Valley Phantoms – Really good CHL stats after taking 2 seasons to make the jump. Came out absolutely firing in S4 with a 60-goal season. Regressed a bit in S5 in Games Played, but still scored 20 goals in 14 games. Another full dominant season like in S4 will be good for his career aspects. Then we will ask “can he do the same thing in the NHL?”

@PerfectSkillz_Qc – Belleville Senators – Very very good (and short) season in S3. Good NHL experience but his last real season was in S4. I always try and ask “what have you done for me lately” when doing these rankings. Show me what you got in S7.

@raj11rangers – Ontario Reign – A guy I had a really hard time keeping out of the medal rounds. A really “out of nowhere” NHL debut with Detroit last season. 13-5-4 with 40 points is solid. 1x 60-point AHL season. He’s on a good team this year, another big-time season of around 60-70 points I’ll probably be forced to put him in the medals.

@l_Razor_x_Edge_l – San Jose Barracuda – Another guy I had a really hard time keeping out of the medal rounds. I truly am a sucker for consistency. 60 points in 1 CHL season. 3x 60-point seasons in the AHL. Very good in his NHL ECUs, even playing 2 playoff games for San Jose in S5, which says something. Kind of a weird season last season. Put up his best record ever (19-5-1) but his lowest full season in points (62). This guy is always a way + player when it comes to +/-. He sniped 2 on me this week in our game. I can see him being really good alongside StanleysCup.

Right Wing to watch during the upcoming season:

*Note: These are players that, when doing my research, I see the potential to be above average to great AHL Players. I would not be surprised if they enter this conversation with more service time in the League/AHL.

@naaaliatch – Binghamton Devils

@SALDAMAN123 – Binghamton Devils

@PhuZerK – Cleveland Monsters

@xXFrANz420Xx – Colorado Eagles

@MonGee___ - Colorado Eagles

@Jade_Dragoon_ - Grand Rapids Griffins

@TH3 0N3 l24l – Hershey Bears

@Cardinals6theman – Manitoba Moose

@FLINN_21-Xx21xX – San Antonio Rampage

@Axskull9987 – San Jose Barracuda

@ae_MuSe – Springfield Thunderbirds

@Kred_14 – Toronto Marlies

Anyways, that’s all folks! Please participate in the Poll above and feel free to leave comments of RW’s who you think are the best of the best!

• Like Like x 7
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    krok0dill
  2. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    Tryhard not in top 3 IMAGINE

• Useful Useful x 1
    xtwisterr
  3. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Like I said, another season like last year and ill be more willing to put him above the guys I selected in the top 3

Who would you have him above?

krok0dill
  4. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    1. Apperation 2. Tryhard 3. Bryan would be mine

• Like Like x 1
    xtwisterr
  5. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    I fully expect him to light me up tonight because karma :D

krok0dill
  6. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    everyone has different opinions tho but good job on all of these I give u lots of credit

• Like Like x 2
    xtwisterr
  7. x-Mando-x-

x-Mando-x- C+ Management Here

Ratings:
    +127 / 2 / -18
    There fixed it for ya. Bahahahshah jk. Thanks for the mention krok

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Meestah Don

Meestah Don shitter here

Discord:
    MeestahDon#8695
    Ratings:
    +631 / 54 / -38
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    meestahdon
  9. Apperation

Apperation NCAA Maine Black Bears RD and AGM

Discord:
    apperation#0
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -6
    Huge thanks to @Krok-o-dill for the shout out just being mentioned with some of these guys is awesome. Also thanks to @Meestah Don and @JClaus33 for the carries the last several seasons and @TAITERx32 for carrying me this season.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    appplayssports
  10. KittyKing69

KittyKing69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 10 / -19
    :D

kittyking6969
  11. ittozziloP

ittozziloP Hashtag Big Three

Ratings:
    +365 / 57 / -37
    Razor isn't on cudas anymore lol

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. WateryDolphin77

WateryDolphin77 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dakota/Dolphin#8103
    Ratings:
    +549 / 43 / -55

I'm counting this as fourth place.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    WDolphin77
  13. xDeal89

xDeal89 check your watch, its my time

Discord:
    xdealynder89#0
    Ratings:
    +99 / 72 / -20
    #Reigntrain

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    dealzzzzz
  14. Userpic1306

Userpic1306 Warning Group

Ratings:
    +674 / 15 / -45
    I stopped reading once I saw WD as a honorable mention.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Mr-Ziggle-NUTZ

Mr-Ziggle-NUTZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -4
    Nothing about razors versatility?? man y'all sleep. Greek would not be happy

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  16. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I love you

• Winner Winner x 2
    JClaus33
  17. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +583 / 28 / -50
    Nice shout out. Thanks buddy. I do like the research that goes into this. Well done my man.

• Like Like x 2
    ibi2iinik
  18. MiQ FrosTyy

MiQ FrosTyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    opTestiiFy#2463
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    Appreciate the mention Krok, couldn't back it up against y'all last night but it is what it is. :)

• Like Like x 1
    mt98
  20. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Im sure youll get another chance later in the season! Thunderbirds/Devils rivalry!

• Winner Winner x 1
    krok0dill