HeadLine Fact or Fiction: Week 2 S7 w/ Rico

Fact or Fiction: Week 2 S7 w/ Rico

1. Flapjack8796

Flapjack8796 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Flappy#0924
    Ratings:
    +669 / 8 / -20
    Fact or Fiction: Week 2 S7 w/ Rico - Fact or Fiction: Week 2 S7 w/ Rico.

[​IMG]

Welcome to the first week of Fact of Fiction!

A new series where there will be a new guest with me every week giving hot takes on the latest trends, rumors and things going on around the league. This week I am glad to have the one and only, Rico @Tcx7.

Disclaimer: Remember we both took time out of our day to do this and that these are only two man’s opinions, so don’t get too butthurt. Feel free to prove both of us wrong.

The Montreal Canadiens are the real deal.

Rico: Fiction

-30 in TOA differential, -51 in shot differential and a 47.7% faceoff percentage and to continue to play at this pace isn't sustainable. I'm all for a team coming out and surprising us but Montreal solely relies on their goaltending to win and eventually the camel’s back will break.

Flap: Fiction

Better lucky than good as I always say. 26th in TOA differential, 28th in average TOA, 30th in shot differential is not a recipe for success. This won’t continue, and the Canadiens will fall back to earth soon enough.

Feel free to quote me, the Montreal Canadiens will not make the playoffs. Prove me wrong, Montreal.

The Pittsburgh Penguins will trade @Serpe x 13 .

Dude is too aids for someone else to want him at this point. There are a few players in the league that you want to stay away from because of their attitude. Serpe is probably on the top of that list even though he can be a good player. The Penguins also gave up a decent amount of dog treats for him, so it’s not like it’s hurting their depth.

Despite being on a great contract and being a 1st line center, (I don’t care what you think, list 31 centers better) Serpe has a bad reputation around the league. Combine that with his 100$ ban being bought out by someone on the Penguins? Yea, he won’t be going anywhere.

The worst division in LGHLPSN this season is the Pacific division.

Rico: Fact

I expected a lot better from a few teams in this division, but they are under-performing big time. Vegas and San Jose should be A LOT better then what is being shown right now. I think maybe a trade or two and these guys can bounce back. The rest I think have reached their ceiling except my yotes...... AWOOOOO

Flap: Fact

The Pacific is the only division without a team over 21 points or a positive goal differential. I expect San Jose and Anaheim to start picking up the slack, but Vegas has me worried. With their big guns not producing, I feel this week is make or break before a big move needs to be made.

Currently on an eight-game winning streak, the New Jersey Devils are the best team in the Eastern Conference.

Rico: Fact(ish)

Right now, the Devils are doing everything right and firing on all cylinders. When the season is over, they are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the East. I can see the Penguins, Blue Jackets and a little bit of a dark horse in Team 23 (Panthers) leaping over them.

Even though they are the hottest team in the league, the top five or so teams in the East are way too close to declare one of them the best.

The Ottawa Senators can still be a playoff team even with their GM @SidTheKid_PiTT87 quitting.

Boy this team wasn't a playoff team when they had their GM. I don't think Sid was a very good player to begin with, but you take him off an already weak roster and it’s kind of donezo. @xBealski and @o R E C K I o could maybe steal some games here and there, but it’s very hard for a goalie to carry for an entire season.

This wasn’t a playoff team before the season began and this sure doesn’t help their cause. Sure, @Desjy99 taking GM and wiping his 8.75m contract off the books helps soothe the pain, but it’s not like they will be able to make use of the cap anyways. While I like the star power on this team, I don’t think its enough to carry the severe lack of depth that currently is on the roster.

What do you guys think? Agree or disagree with us? If you guys have any ideas to improve this series or any questions for next week, comment below. As always, hope you guys enjoyed <3

-Flap​

Support the news team, like, comment & share your thoughts on their work

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 26
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Flapjack8796
  2. LikeASumboodeh__

LikeASumboodeh__ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +227 / 1 / -11
    I like dis

No Streaming Account
  3. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    agreed

HoustonOso
  4. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    You said my team wasn't a playoff team. I hate you. Nice write-up though

jtresatti
  5. x__Mattson__x

x__Mattson__x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +299 / 11 / -103
    Solid Piece.

No Streaming Account
  6. coltcrazy

coltcrazy Lick Me

Ratings:
    +399 / 25 / -100
    Damn was hoping to see if one would relate to Buf bouncing back as the defending champs but overall good write up Flap! Go Caps

Coltcrazynhl
  7. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    Momma I made it

• Like Like x 1
    Serpe_x_13x