Why I think the EANHL franchise is about to become way better.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by SGDragonSlayer, Apr 14, 2018.

1. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    It's no secret that's this game has a ton of flaws that have been beaten to death by this community. Yes we get it, puck pickups are trash, animations are weird and whatnot, but the game has some cool new features like the RVH for goalies and the defensive skill stick. However, I'm not talking about the features we have, I'm gonna talk about why I personally believe the EANHL series is on the upswing in the next few installments.

With the announcement of the EANHL Championship tournament, it's a 100% sign that the game is heading towards an Esports atmosphere game rather than the "sit on the couch with your buddies offline" game it is now. EA knows the game has to be better to be better if they want to be well respected in the esports scene.

One major change that I think is coming is the servers, and I pray this is the first thing they change. I used to be the guy who pretty much believed all bad connection was user-based, but it's very clear that the servers are bad. I they want to have major online tournaments, they know they need reliable servers. I fully expect that the servers will be alot better HOPEFULLY in NHL19 but if not NHL20 is possible.

Next isn't really mandatory, but frostbite engine. When these current next-gen graphics made their debut in NHL15, they looked SICK. However, now it just looks bad, and I thought they would've switched over in NHL18 but guess not. With a lack of NHL19 news or teases, I think we could be looking at a game with the Frostbite engine. Obviously this isn't absolutely necessary, but is needed soon.

I'm just gonna clump all the in-game shenanigans into one paragraph here, but the "seamless" puck pickups, and weird animations need to go. The game doesn't function properly with the chaos. Also the general speed needs to be ramped up, it's too slow. I feel like I never have energy left with my players because I'm always holding down sprint because my guy is so damn slow.

I just think that the fact EANHL is getting involved into esports, the game will become better just simply because there's no other option, they know they can't leave it the way it is. Anyways, I would like to hear what you LGers think.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  2. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    This is the part you realize EA =\= eSports.

They have nothing to do with it.

• Winner Winner x 4
    Primetimme1
  3. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    Yeah I know but I feel like big changes are coming because they know they HAVE to make a solid game or else everyone in the office is getting the boot. They've been let off the hook the past few years

• Winner Winner x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  4. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169

Anyone who shows promise gets a job offer from FIFA or Madden.

The NHL office tools and staff are second tier. They don’t have the tools to step it up even if they wanted to. Their own studios allows them to be off the hook.

Primetimme1
  5. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    Yeah, I see what you mean. Which is why I think we're either gonna get a good game in a year or two or everyone will get canned and then the new team makes a decent game

SGDragonSlayer
  6. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    also the esports is versus which is peer to peer connection, so its more based on their personal internet then the actual servers so..........

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Krvstoffer
  7. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    People literally played the vs tournament in some games with 80 ping bc of the host. Even the best player in the world at NHL would look foolish with that terrible of a connection.

I do think NHL will be heading in the right direction though in the near future - as long as guys like B-Bunny who know what they’re talking about get heard by the team.

I really think one of the biggest things we can do is freshen up the builds and speed of the game, along with a new engine. The current game heavily favors ragging and defense and leads most games between two good teams to mostly fall in to bounces and random deflections.

If we can’t have custom attribute builds at least give us base choices on our setup with skill trees where we can decide what we’d favor over something else.

DynoMike25
  8. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    if they change anything it will most likely be focused on Vs. Currently the game doesn't even support LAN for tournament so the changes will be more along those lines then EASHL

• Like Like x 1
    Krvstoffer
  9. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    Please just drop the series already EA, its clear you don't care and are trying to milk every last penny out of the series.

Edit: Pennies aren't even a thing anymore so every last nickle ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    Windmillsfordayz
  10. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    The argument that EA will put more effort into fixing a game if there's a present eSports scene is a farce if you've played FIFA for the past few years. That franchise has an ACTUAL eSports scene and it's widely agreed upon that the gameplay and servers have gotten worse almost every year since 2014.

With that said, there will never be a successful eSports scene for the NHL franchise. Ever.

EA does not care what the public perception is from any group of consumers so long as their game is profitable. And with the marketing and financial genius that Ultimate Team is, they won't have to worry about anything for a while so long as that mode specifically remains profitable. No one is going to get fired if people complain that the game sucks. People will get fired if they stop making money, which isn't happening any time soon.

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  11. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    If they put more resources into the game, that would be great. But I'll also believe it when I see it.

• Like Like x 1
    HoustonOso
  12. M-A-Skotlas20

M-A-Skotlas20 3 Time LGFA Champion

Ratings:
    +221 / 11 / -25
    Mskotlas20
  13. TwitchBiLL3Y

TwitchBiLL3Y TwitchBiLL3Y

Discord:
    TwitchBiLL3Y#2185
    Ratings:
    +387 / 64 / -97
    EA Will always be EA dont think nothing is gonna change :( we have all been waiting for YEARS for a non broken laggy game!

• Like Like x 1
    BiLL3Y
  14. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    Unless they hit gold on some random new feature (analogs, eashl) that starts increasing sales year after year, I'd say were just hoping hockey becomes more popular for people to watch and wanna buy the game. Once sales start going up again I can see them investing more resources to the team.

Or we wait until theres a big change on how we purchase from EAs secondary priority games (nhl, ufc, golf, etc). Something like changing a yearly purchase to a subscription based service. Because its becoming more and more obvious the Madden and Fifas are pulling away from the rest and charging the same price.

No Streaming Account
  15. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    The NHL community has been getting smaller and smaller every year and yet the response time from EA to fix problems in their game takes longer and longer every year. 1 lazy attempt at an "esport" tournament shouldn't overshadow all the ways EA has overlooked the NHL franchise.

^That would do more than anything.

Buying $80 games on a yearly basis simply isn't how it works anymore and EA has failed to adapt. I thought we might be close when they first introduced that EA Early Access pass thingy back on the 360 but they just ended up using that as a way to get more money out of people.

LazyPedestrian
  16. jaZz134

jaZz134 Jackie #2069

Discord:
    jazz134#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 11 / -24
    NHL 2K League

No Streaming Account
  17. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    "Rammer and the Butt Buddies" would be a nice name for a band.

• Creative Creative x 1
    better20yearsago
  18. STerryI23I

STerryI23I Pardon My French

Discord:
    sterryxc23#6969
    Ratings:
    +30 / 9 / -4
    I think any serious improvement is more likely to come between 5-10 years from now than it is 0-5 years from now so, in other words, I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
    sterryxc23
  19. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    Lol

Pastahnak
  20. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443