Media S30 Metropolitan Preseason Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jun 2, 2018.

1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    TL;DR
    Metro: 1 :team12: 2 :team4: 3 :team78: 4 :team27: 5 :team14: 6 :team7: 7 :team74: 8 :team6:

Next Article: Atlantic Division tomorrow (June 3rd) at 8

(I know a lot of people are making these threads, but getting some differing opinions always makes media better. Feel free to stop at the TL;DR or skip to your team.)

The Metropolitan Division

1. :team12: New York Rangers

Notable: Returning players

Forwards: The line consisting of @Im4thLineWorthy @Scumbag Jared and @xI STR8iNK Ix is back with @IlFox and Ted Lindsay winner @Stoner x 95 returning from last season's "3rd" line. To replace the @nO Undies On line, 4th has brought in @Shockz as GM and won his longtime linemate @CT 66 . Safe to say, they look atleast as formidable as they did last season on offense.

Defense: @Lingross x 88 is back along with @GroceryStickl5l who were both more than serviceable last season. A couple new faces including @Banak who has had plenty of success in the AHL, but still hasn't had a true breakout season in the NHL, and @Optehic who has come over from the Coyotes to play with CT and Shockz.

Goalies:
    Feel like I'm always talking about @BizyBounce so... @Duby x 40 is interesting. Solid year on the Chicago Wolves last season, and I'm going to assume 4th did his research so I don't have to do mine and just say that Duby is going to be a good backup.

Key Offseason Moves: The Rangers chose to resign @Stoner x 95 and @xI STR8iNK Ix getting both on 1.25 contracts, likely well below what they would have gone for in bidding.

Key Bids: @CT 66 for 6 million, @BizyBounce for 2 million

Potential Steals: @DudeItsDevin91 had a bit of a rough last couple seasons, but he also wasn't surrounded with a ton of talent those seasons. I think has the ability to surprise playing on either the @Scumbag Jared or @IlFox line.

2. :team4: Philadelphia Flyers

Notable: Defense

Forwards:
    The Flyers have a great one-two punch down the middle with @DeeSa Ali and everyone's favorite "Do Nothing GM" in @SJUSoccer9 , surrounded by a lot of talent in "the best contract in the league" @kcut , @HTH94 , @Cheez Whizzzzz , and @Dxwny making for one of the better top 6's in the East this season.

Defense: Even with the offense looking as talented as it is, this defense is probably the best in the East. The LDs look like they could carry some less than good RDs with @Nuge @GETHESEHANDS abd @IMSLlMSHADY . The good news is, they won't have to. @Costa l53l is taking another crack at the NHL, and his playstyle should fit this team very well. @ThatZachGuy , fresh off a 17-win season, and @Kazpor , former 10th overall pick, round out this RD group that should have no trouble keeping the puck out of their net.

Goalies: This could be their weak spot, but both @x NoDnArB and @TheCheetahlo 33 are capable of making the first save and that might be all the Flyers need to find success this season.

Key Offseason Moves: Acquiring @kcut and @ThatZachGuy through trade gives them two great contracts that allowed them to build the rest of their team.

Key Bids: @Costa l53l for 2.25 million, @GETHESEHANDS for 5.25 million, @Dxwny for 2 million

Potential Steals: @Kazpor might have a really good chance to shine here. His last season ended in him quitting off a struggling team, but he has the ability to play a playstyle akin to a shutdown defenseman and if he plays on the 3rd pair expect to see him post carer-high stats.

3. :team78: Pittsburgh Penguins

Notable: Top 2 LWs, Cs

Forwards:
    They've got 4 guys who've seen big paydays in the past in @Tb Toxic , @SamDelisle9 , @Chislett 19 , and @Flow Sauce Chew , and as we've seen last season, having 3 solid lines can make a big difference when it comes to the standings. @stev and @xxIArmy0f0neIxx are back and will have a new linemate this season and their chemistry could mean a bump in the standings for Pittsburgh.

Defense: At first glance, it seems like the Penguins might be a little thin on defense. @BigintheBurgh and @Globes are back and I'd expect them to have similar seasons to S29. @l Ristolainen l , @Chunx and @Auggy32 will step in to fill out the d-corps of this team, and their ability to mesh with the forwards will be important early in the season.

Goalie: Brando went with two former Baby Pens goaltenders in @l Scopes x l20l and @Kingofny1983 (Kingofny1983 was actually Scopes backup in S28 for WBS it seems), and it'll be interesting to see how much success they have in their first full seasons as NHL goaltenders. Also, you might recognize @Kingofny1983 from this thread @Darcy Kuemper made. If you haven't seen it, just give it a look, some absolutely awesome media even if you aren't interested in the AHL. https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums...az-bastien-memorial-award-nominations.272929/

Key Offseason Moves: Contract extension for their top pair LD and top C @BigintheBurgh and @SamDelisle9 , acquiring former Penguin @Gerbe x 42 for a 3rd round pick

Key Bids: @Chunx for 2 million, @Auggy32 for 3 million

Potential Steals: @THEE UNCLE BuCK has had two moderately successful seasons with #Harlemwood, and may have a chance to set some career-highs Pittsburgh's bottom 6.

4. :team27: New York Islanders

Notable: Well-rounded

Forwards:
    With sweat dripping off his forehead, the timer ticked down on his bid and @FlowMaster Joe let out a sigh of relief as the Islanders logo appeared next to his name. He was saved. His linemates will likely be @MasterAmerica and @Fn Waz . Rounding out the top 6 will be something like @Gimme a Brewski @a1xFREAKx13 and @Ezreal which gives them a decent top two lines for not a big cap hit.

Defense: A1 acquired a few question marks in his d-corps. @Its a Full Send and @lx Miller xl will be reliable and @LordStanleyO4O was a former player on S27 CHI (owned by A1Freak). @ButtaBorborygmi will have something to prove as he's several seasons removed from his last NHL season. Also notable is @ItsWatkins who was an extremely talented CHL player, but hasn't yet completed a full season in an upper league.

Goalies: Not much to say besides that A1 grabbed two very solid goaltenders, both essentially starters, for this season in @Bcrippsx31 and @Herringthefish and should both be comfortable facing a ton of shots if it comes to that.

Key Offseason Moves: Acquired @MasterAmerica to become NYI GM

Key Bids: @Fn Waz for 6.25 million, @FlowMaster Joe for 5.25 million, @Its a Full Send for 4.75 million, @Bcrippsx31 for 1 million

Potential Steals: A few players on this team could be great considering their contracts including @Bossy_22_ and @ButtaBorborygmi , though I think @Gimme a Brewski for 500k is the most likely to have a good season. He would fit well on both bottom two lines which is a plus in case the Islanders run into avail issues.

5. :team14: Washington Capitals

Notable: Top-heavy

Forwards:
    The (I'm assuming) top line of @Rehanek @McLxvinn @o S m i i t t y should bang 'em home, but after that I'm not sure what the lines are and where the goals will come from. (Good chance I'm just being an idiot here, though.) @PaulyChunks has had plenty of success, but is separated from his usual cast of characters and both of these lower lines may very well rely on good chemistry.

Defense: The Caps have a big 12.25 cap hit with their top pair of @Leafy and @T1 Clamps , after that they have some good low cap hit players which was essential. @Stieny and @RockyRaccoon402 seem like excellent 500k contracts. @Jack Bauer tuna was pretty successful when he made it to the Rangers last season, but he won't have as much talent ahead of him this season (I think, anyways). Dark horse here is @Leddy who I've never seen play, but with the right deployment should have the opportunity to be successful.

Goalies: Looks like @Yantzer_84 hasn't played LG in a couple seasons, and @L Oohwayy L is trying out goalie. When they're playing with the top pair, I'd expect they just need to make the first save, but they're going to need to slam the door shut with the other lines for the Caps to get into the playoffs.

Key Offseason Moves: The Caps got two key dmen to fit their bidding strategy with trades for @Jack Bauer tuna (1 million salary) from the Rangers and @RockyRaccoon402 (500k salary) from the Sharks

Key Bids: @T1 Clamps for 9.25 million, @Leafy for 3 million, @McLxvinn for 8 million, @PaulyChunks for 5 million

Potential Steals: I don't know much about several guys on the roster, but that doesn't mean they won't surprise the league. If @L Oohwayy L or @Yantzer_84 can provide plenty of quality starts for 500k or 750k might be one of their better bids.

6. :team7: New Jersey Devils

Notable: Top 4 D

Forwards:
    @Gulash l4l put together an interesting forward group. Looks like @I3rissette @Coach Denham and maybe @Gulash l4l and @o Crazy Legz o @Ksw @PieR Talent possibly? I am probably all over the place with this one, but there is definitely some skill there. They're going to have to win some big games and have a 3rd line that is firing on all cylinders to make it to the postseason.

Defense: I saw a few people saying the Devils defense didn't look great, but I think they look good with @ICExCREAMxTRUCK @MiNiNooch l3l and @SpectreGaming x . Nooch will certainly have to adjust a little, but this could be a strength for the Devils. The 3rd pair will have to transition some, but they should get a little breathing room early on in the season. One of @Hungry Ducks @Skoden Stoodis and @XxSgtSketchiexX is going to have to step up for the Devils, though.

Goalies: 2 500k goalies hopefully might seem a little odd, I'd agree. @VVqde has had plenty of average seasons in the N and @PHJ314 has (what seems to me) had a few average seasons in the A. I wouldn't be surprised if they both perform well, though I'd expect a 5-4 split for most of the season unless one of them is hot out of the gate.

Key Offseason Moves: Acquired both @HeatFan53 and @PieR Talent for their forward group and @JEEEEEEBS for their d-corps

Key Bids: @ICExCREAMxTRUCK for 7.5 million, @Coach Denham for 6.5 million, @I3rissette for 6.25 million

Potential Steals: Obviously @MiNiNooch l3l is going to be a great contract at 750k, not any better contracts for D that I can think of.

7. :team74: Carolina Hurricanes

Notable: ??? on Defense, Top 6 FWD

Forwards:
    @jyeti15s had a clear bidding strategy, go after the some talented duos in @Pabst 12 and @Pabst 19 and @Lorenzo x 24 and @rG Breezyy . Add @jyeti15s and @Puggeriino into that top 6 and there are two solid lines. He filled out a 3rd line with players who've had solid seasons in the past such as North Bay star player @Johns l71l .

Defense: This is where it gets a little crazy. Carolina spent 3.25 million on their entire d-corps. Everyone is hoping to find a diamond in the rough or a guy on a great contract, but 5 of them? @Potsy44 will have to play big most of the season and have big contributions from the supporting cast of dmen likely needing at least two of them to play extremely well (my guess is @Leif Ender and @Makar x 16 ). As I've been told plenty of times, however, is anyone can play defense on NHL 18.

Goalies: @l HEALEY l is back from last season and struggled a little in S29, but didn't have a lot of talent in front of him. He will probably be expected to back up @Winston Payne which he should be able to do so very effectively. Keep an eye on the shot totals for both these goalies this season.

Key Offseason Moves: Contract extension for @Johns l71l , the new AGM

Key Bids:
    @Pabst 19 for 7 million, @Pabst 12 for 6.25 million, @Lorenzo x 24 for 5.25 million, @rG Breezyy for 4.5 million

Potential Steals: Both @Leif Ender and @Makar x 16 could get a chance to play with probably the most talent in front of them they've ever had. At least one of these guys will need to step up for Carolina to have a chance at the playoffs, and maybe that motivation will help them reach a new level of competition.

8. :team6: Columbus Blue Jackets

Notable: ??? on Forward, Top 4 D

Forwards:
    There are definitely some good contracts here. @l S4K l at 1.25 is great, @UZI l93l at 1 is pretty good. I'm told @NHL JL 13 is good for 1. That being said, I have no idea what the lines will look like and 4 million is a lot for an unknown player in @Knight x 26 . I think there may be some call ups, but no one jumps out at me. Not sure if there is enough firepower for this offense to succeed consistently.

Defense: @LiLNickaI93 starts his 3rd season in a Blue Jackets sweater, likely paired with @KLAK . @TurboYuri and @Poooch round out a top 4 that is one of the best in the league. The third pair of @VK LethaLMyke and @Vattyyy isn't anything to write home about, but should be good enough. Big question is, will this d-corps get enough goal support to win games.

Goalies: @Ariasaki is coming off a stellar season in the AHL and @UT75035 might split games with him after two season in the AHL hovering around a .77 save percentage. With the defense in front of them, this pairing might work.

Key Offseason Moves: Acquired @TurboYuri to fit into the Jackets' top 4

Key Bids: @LiLNickaI93 for 7 million, @Poooch for 6 million, @l S4K l for 1.25 million, @UZI l93l

Potential Steals: @l S4K l is great for 1.25 really and I think if placed in a position to excel @UZI l93l at 1 could turn out to be a good one as well. Both are signed through next season.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 55
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. UZI l93l

UZI l93l Lil Uzi Vert, like who the fuck are you?

Discord:
    LUVisRAGE#9178
    Ratings:
    +449 / 154 / -138
    Awesome write up man! Gonna try our best to prove everybody wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Leif Ender

Leif Ender Last of the Goons

Discord:
    leifender#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -3
    I'm an enforcer, so hopefully the other canes defenders can step up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    clarka3
  4. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    Somewhere out there, @jyeti15s is still looking for a cheap dman

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Playing In Multiplayer
    NealiteGaming
  5. Its a Full Send

Its a Full Send Warning Group

Ratings:
    +142 / 7 / -9
    Good write up !

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169

Leaking the trade block please ban

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Primetimme1
  7. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    #FakeNews

Playing In Multiplayer
    NealiteGaming
  8. MasterAmerica

MasterAmerica Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 7 / -6
    Great Write Up

No Streaming Account
  9. UT75035

UT75035 PSN CHL Scrub

Ratings:
    +371 / 10 / -23
    Love the write up, time to prove some people wrong!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Good write up , for next time please rank us even lower though

• Like Like x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  11. Hustlehard0927