Future ESHL Suggestion

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Odieeeeee, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    Actually after reading this I take everything back.. as we’ve seen with 2K and even the new nhl Esports, if 6s Esports does become a thing, obv whoever picks it up whether it be EA, bettman or whoever will do their own thing .. they will scratch everything and start anew.

So the number 1 priority isn’t to create some perfect system or rules or whatever and just make something that is 100% fun and gets as many ppl involved as possible..

Again , less emphasis on pro Amatuer brackets, points , roster moves etc .. fun !!

No Streaming Account
  2. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169

I don’t know if I should take this seriously. The only thing that remains fun about this game is the competitve side of it; those who played this game for fun died a long time ago.

Primetimme1
  3. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    No shit I’m saying make the competitive aspect of the game fun . Holy %%#^

No Streaming Account
  4. Daddy Padre

Daddy Padre Well-Known Member

Discord:
    daddy_padre#0
    Ratings:
    +93 / 3 / -5

This.....

Scheduled times to play a video game sucks. Plus it kills the activity of playing competitive 6s besides when you have LG

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. VI17AIN

VI17AIN Lived Long Enough To Become The VI17AIN

Discord:
    vi17ain#0
    Ratings:
    +638 / 103 / -38
    I like this idea a lot of the weekly tournaments but, I think it should be something separate from ESHL. It can be exactly like FNP and can be either on a Wednesday or even Friday night. Giving the option of weekly tournaments where you can play with any group of 6 guys you want while contributing 10-20 dollars per player every week as a buy in.

Here is my proposal for ESHL, it is similar to what we sort of have now but at a much more rapid pace.

16 team invite division.

16 team open division - completely free to play

Roster sizes - only 7 - 8 players, no position lock

You play each team only ONCE during the regular season.

Gametimes: Sunday & Thursday
    9 , 9:30, 10, 10:30 (or leave it as current times) 4 different teams in one night.

This is 2 weeks only of regular season.

Playoffs:
    Top 8 teams compete for the prizes listed below.

Bottom 8 teams compete for Relegation out of the invite division.

Playoff Series are best of 5. You play 1 series completely in one night.
    Games are 9, 9:30, 10, 10:30, 11, 11:30

Playoffs are only 2 weeks.

In order to remain as an invite team if you are not relegated you must maintain at least 3 players from your previous roster

The 4 losing invite teams then play the 4 winning teams of the open division for a spot the following season. (Only if the teams intend on staying together, 3 players minimum required for next season)

This is one week for relegation matches.

One week for break between seasons.

Buyin is set at 200 dollars per invite team.
    3,200 dollars total
    1,800 dollars to 1st - 56.5%
    500 dollars to 2nd - 15.6%
    300 dollars to 3rd - 9.4%
    400 dollars to LG - 12.5%
    200 dollars to Twitch / Mixer Announcers & Media team - 6.25%

Obviously prizing can be changed this is just what I think is fair to everyone involved and until it can finally be sponsored (if it ever happens)

What this means is that each season is only 1 month long, with a 2 week gap between, 1 week for relegation and an additional week of break.

This theoretically should leave us with 7 seasons, plus 1 final tournament of the top 8 teams determined upon the previous 7 seasons.

So in recap, this allows weekly tournaments similar to FNP where you can play with any 6, while keeping ESHL similar but at much shorter seasons and more teams involved with less restrictions.

I understand the idea of having a free form season without any time restraints, but this doesn’t work as playoffs are always at a set date and time. Keeping a schedule of games each week is needed in order to be a successful league and grow. This also allows the open division to be free to play intriguing more teams to sign up and try to break into the invite division which they would then have to pay to be in.

This also eliminates the very annoyance of having playoffs against one team split between a Sunday and Thursday, when it can be done in one day with 5 games played or even 3 games.

With the amount of challenge games played and club games played playing each team only once a season obviously makes the most sense.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    VI17AIN
  6. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    Welp, we now know who recovers Batman's tag.....

Incoming @SweeT 9 LoU 84 Ban

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. HTH94

HTH94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HTH#6186
    Ratings:
    +408 / 143 / -192
    1. Fire jonlol
    2. Hire me as esport commish
    3. Three tiered divisions based on tournament points
    4. Make something simple where everyone who isn’t so involved in LG like the 10% of the league is, can play freely without being on the site everyday.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  8. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    - Wants to be ESHL commish

- Can't take someone giving him a negative rating

Yea, that would go well.

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    APsychicTaco
  9. HTH94

HTH94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HTH#6186
    Ratings:
    +408 / 143 / -192
    Nah I can take constructive criticism but from a groupie like you who has been disagreeing what odie has been saying for months, and now finally agreeing bc he was the one to propose it loses all creditibailty to your opinion.

• Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    I've been disagreeing for months? o_O Hell, I haven't even commented on the format in months and when I did I was critical about it when it was created. I even referenced the last time we had an invite/open format it fell flat on its face. @SweeT 9 LoU 84 can verify this.

As ESHL commish I hope you can at least remember things correctly, otherwise your time in office wont last long!

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    APsychicTaco
  11. HTH94

HTH94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HTH#6186
    Ratings:
    +408 / 143 / -192
    Taco liberals never make it far in politics, or any organized leagues so best if you just give it up or just shutup

12. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    I see since you know you just talked out your ass you're going to call me a liberal, even though I'm not. Way to ruin a constructive thread for Odie :( Have a good night

• Like Like x 1
    APsychicTaco
  13. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    Odie4Owner

• Like Like x 1
    jackbauertuna_
  14. Odieeeeee

Odieeeeee mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Discord:
    Odie#7453
    Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38 / -69
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    OdieNHL
  15. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    can i run this thing yet

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  16. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    I love the idea of having pro points associated with individuals.

One of the most appealing things of playing on the MLG circuit years ago was gathering pro points and working towards seeding for Nationals. Pro points influenced seeding, map choice (in our case - home ice), and team making decisions.

I feel like a lot of the tournaments now drag on way too long, seems like weeks or months at a time. I like your suggested idea of daily tournaments (even if single game, maybe double elimination).

Lower the buy in per tournament, increase number of tournaments (daily/weekend) tournaments. Creates more opportunities to build on points and working towards an end of year tournament. Allows teams to adjust line ups and get lucky in one and done tournaments.

This would probably encourage more casual teams to enter and have more than the 10-20 usual teams we see signing up every tournament.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    footenhl
  17. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Thanks

Had a pretty informed discussion with Odie yesterday in regards to his original idea and post.

Tris and I met briefly and discussed a lot of it and are hoping to announce an official format and structure within the new week or so.

I really appreciate the honest opinions and I have been taking the feedback as a reference to how supportive you guys are of ideas presented.

I think the ideas that have been thrown around will make for an exciting NHL 19 and ESHL for us here on LG.

My perspective on all of these discussion is I am not concerned about what the NHL, or EA or another organization like FaceIt is looking to offer for NHL 19. I feel all of those organizations can offer something unique and fun for us as a competitive NHL community. Obviously the respect that comes from an event being sponsored or founded by the NHL is a dream of mine for us here on LG, but I do continue to feel pride in seeing the names like @Nuge, @Odieeeeee @Fool x 90 @Yung Gren @johnwaynee90 @JrPens91 who competed at that higher level but have been and continue to be active members of this community.

I've been at this for nine years now, and my goal has always been to offer more to the NHL community who just wanted a competitive experience and I feel that has been offered during my time with the VHL and and LG.

The bread and butter of LG and this community has always been 6s, and will continue to be our focus as we look to NHL 19. I'd obviously like to dabble with 3s as well, if there is a sensible way to match make in the future game.

I think the large scale goal, or desire here on LG would be to have the ability to help structure a larger scale event with the NHL or EA and truly secure a spot for 6s within the eSports Hockey platform. Some may feel that is a "shot in the dark" or unattainable goal which is completely okay. I look at it as motivation to offer the best possible experience I can here on LG and hope an opportunity to showcase what we can offer at a later date becomes a reality.

With all that being said, the focus will be on having several events, some free and others at a set buy-in limit. The goal is to increase engagement through the community by using a similar system we currently have and look to having the addition of a "pro points" system for those players are interesting in participating in these events. The goal is to offer an experience that can be forecast and scheduled in advance that does not require such a level of dedication that perhaps was required in past events. "Fast and Furious" events that draw hype and attention which can be completed in a night or two likely becomes a more logical system.

With all that being said there will be factors I cannot control. I feel LG's "prime time" to be Sun - Thurs in regards to EVERYTHING we offer for hockey. With that being said there will likely still be some overlapping times between our LGHL branding and our current ESHL brand. In my humble opinion, we have reached the maximum capability to accommodate all of players and all of our experiences. Therefore for our players who wish to participate in the LGHL on one or BOTH consoles PLUS participate in the ESHL events, will only be able to do so with perfect availability Sunday to Thursday or you will have to make some decisions. Players will have to prioritize what league matters and what they can commit to based on their personal time management skills. A player who can only play Sunday and Monday, in my honest opinion should NOT be trying to play LGHL and ESHL. It is simply not logical based on the level of dedication EACH LEAGUE REQUIRES. Therefore it will be on our community members to decide what they can and cannot do here on LG. By all means I hope we can get to a point where players can do everything we offer, but if I am being realistic that is a level of dedication I cannot personal achieved based on my professional life and career. I would like us all to keep that in mind, and be understanding to the fact we are trying to offer as many unique and fun experiences possible for our members but it is on you to manage your personal time to ensure you can be as active in as many events as possible.

I also agree that there are significant game improvements to make this possible as well. Luckily I have some influence on that aspect and feel I have been representing the needs of the community correctly. I unfortunately cannot control the server related issues people are having, but I have contact to EA and have been passing along issues, providing info and even have had player's accounts traced to see what server is being selected. I hope with your help and my contacts we can problem solve some of these legacy issues we have been experience since the dawn of EASHL.

I am really trying to have an open and positive mindset when it comes to this. My focus will be on the small details for 19, and leave the big picture stuff for Tris to look at and work out. I am optimistic the game is going to be better suited to these events and offer us an experience here on LG we've have missed since NHL 14.

Keep the ideas coming

Thanks for your time and continued dedication to LG

Cheers
    -Brodie

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    so who is running this?

ridleywr24cb
  19. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    4 tiers of 6 teams. 8 man rosters no position lock.

All tiers would play their own tier once each. 5 games best of 3. Playoff round would be top 4 teams. Bottom two get sent down a tier. Top two get sent up a tier. Each season would take a month. 2 weeks for round robin and one week for playoffs. One week for off season or if season goes longer then a extra then you have a extra week to make up. After each season teams would have to retain 75% of their team for next round. If a team falls apart and makes a new one. They would have to start at bottom tier and make their way up.

1st tier
    1st - 100 points
    2nd - 90
    3rd - 80
    4th - 70
    5th - 60
    6th - 50

2nd tier
    1st - 45
    2nd - 40
    3rd - 35
    4th - 30
    5th - 25
    6th - 20

3rd tier
    1st - 17
    2nd - 14
    3rd - 11
    4th - 8
    5th - 5
    6th - 3

4th tier
    1st - 2
    2nd - 1

This way top teams would play top teams majority of the time. Which they would want. Two brackets for end of year. Top 8 in one and next 16 in other.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account