S8 Eastern Atlantic Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by bdeez_nutz, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ooo MoNoPoLY

ooo MoNoPoLY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 12 / -13
    I did something similar at the beginning of S7 and had a lot of fun with it. I know I said this same shit in that one too but I think this season the Eastern Atlantic is one of the deepest divisions in the AHL and whoever makes it out of here will rep the East in the Calder.

--------------------
    CALDER CONTENDERS
    --------------------

:team302: :team302: :team302: 1) Phantoms :team302: :team302: :team302:
    [​IMG]

Whether you like it or not the Phantoms will be making noise this season. And I’m not talking about just in the SB. @phillysmvp and @Markz_51 did a great job during the off-season of filling the holes of a very skilled core group from S7. Nabbing @GZUS19 in NHL bidding was a sneaky power move and he will play very nicely with @Johnkenney01 who should put up another 100 point season. @ALBRIGHTx2 and @Pickleboy1988 were great snags at 500k and should be able to produce right away offensively. This teams strength is its defense which returns @BuRGeR , @Nine2Fiver, and @B-raded but is only bolstered by @phillysmvp and @Markz_51. They will take a lot of pressure off of @Lamoureux2 who put up an impressive (21-13-2) record singlehandedly winning a large portion of those games by standing on his head. If the offense produces I don’t see a way this team doesn’t win the East.

@BarDownDaily take: "Regarding no one chirps them mid-game in the SB, they should win most games"

:team314: :team314: :team314: 2) Wolfpack :team314: :team314: :team314:
    [​IMG]

@I-MT98-I looks to continue his success in the Eastern Atlantic. This time former Tbird/Baby Pen is taking the reigns of his own team and one that looks like it is shaking up nicely. The offense shouldn’t be a problem here as they have firepower in guys such as AGM @CJ x 58 , @BloodDemon_9 , and @ThomaLong, this stacked offense shouldn’t have trouble putting the puck in the net. Though their defense still looks to have some moving parts (currently only 4 Dmen on the roster) I am sure with some moves with the NHL this group should come along. @churchy1707 is a solid tender and should be able to anchor them down with a bit of help.

@BarDownDaily take: "If their hormones stay in check they should come out as contenders"

--------------------
    PLAYOFF CONTENDERS
    --------------------

:team393: :team393: :team393: 3) Checkers :team393: :team393: :team393:
    [​IMG]

I think this team is a dark horse in the division. @omnicidal-havoc did a great job rounding together his management team recruiting ex-NHLer @Pelley_ and nabbing S5 CHL owner @Frauts for only 500k. They also got @XipassuscoreX for 2.75m which may seem like a lot to some but it is a major pay cut from ~5m contracts he's received over the last few seasons. He then landed @Atboud for a very fair 1.75m which is very affordable for a defenseman of his caliber. The more I look at this roster the more gems I see such as 500k dmen @ae_Casso and @nitram308 then what looks to be a solid goaltender in @Mikehockey8771 who put up an impressive 82% save percentage in the CHL last season.

@BarDownDaily take: "As long as the returnees can get over their survivors guilt from last years tire fire than they should be fine"

:team617: :team617: :team617: 4) Tbirds :team617: :team617: :team617:
    [​IMG]

This is another team that looks like they can be sneaky good with a couple of roster moves. S8’s Eastern conference champs kept their management in the family as @Namodeo98 and @eye2797 take over. They made some solid offseason moves before bidding by trading for @Customs_III who did a respectable amount of damage despite being on a joke of a team in S8. They return forwards skilled forwards in @Nhltwister and @Apperation and had some decent steals in bidding like @noahswick14 for 500k. @Gaallz for 6m is an absolute head scratcher in my book, my only guess is that he has great chemistry with someone on the roster for him to get that much. Defense usually isn’t an issue for the Tbirds @JBask returns then grabbed other top 4 guys in @Slo_Mobius and @jmligt for respectable contracts. But after those 3 the others look a little suspect. And their goaltending doesn’t look like a strong suit either. That is why I have these guys in this position for my pre-season rankings.

@BarDownDaily take: "@newmanagement did you order twisters leash yet?"

--------------------
    MIDDLE OF THE PACK
    --------------------​

:team352: :team352: :team352: 5) Baby Bs :team352: :team352: :team352:
    [​IMG]

@Kred_14 and @PR0D1GY_81 are taking their first crack at management. This kind of showed as they ended bidding with 5.75m in open cap space. They have a lot of hit or miss 500k guys that could make me eat my words such as @xJAYPEEZEEx , @Frankjones28 , @xNastyQcx, and @Fuzzy_Blues. They do have some nice pieces in @Williams_55 and the elite discord presence of @Craven-A-27. This team is stacked with DPs so that could prove very helpful to this squad and it really is hard to put a finger on what their roster will look like come opening night. With the right moves, this is definitely a team could easily slide into the 3rd spot in this division come playoff time.

@BarDownDaily take: "Can a team make the playoffs by scoring 200 unassisted goals?"

:team350: :team350: :team350: 6) Bears :team350: :team350: :team350:
    [​IMG]

Just like the Baby Bs this is another team I had a hard time finding a place for. With so much talent on their TC and 9m remaining in cap space, GM @Robbed95 has a lot of options. Regardless, this team has some talented right wingers like @SICKTRICK25 and @TH3 0N3 I24I then @Robbed95 himself. I am a little confused on why he stacked one position like he did put big contracts for guys like @Pezdemic and @Re1nbrecht could give them one solid line, but not much else up front. Their lack of depth at center could come back to haunt them as I believe it is the most important position on the ice. They have a couple of solid dmen in guys like @wildstajan1 and @woeisme2185 but overall this team looks pretty top heavy based on the roster I am looking at right now. But like I said at the beginning, these guys have a lot of options and a lot of talent (specifically at defense) that they can work with maybe some can be used as trade bait for some more depth at Center.

@BarDownDaily take: "These bears should've hibernated"

:team301: :team301: :team301: 7) Baby Pens :team301: :team301: :team301:
    [​IMG]

Ah the token QC team. Whether or not he had planned this going into bidding, English-speaking GM @Jbturf69 went full frenchy for this group. @Squall227 and @bottle_man have great chemistry both putting up very respectable W-L records together last season in Hersey. @whoboonedya should also be able to hold his own coming off a stellar 20-6-2, +38 season with the Reign in S7. @Melanson4 was a great use of a free contract. But I have to say aside from him, I can see this defensive group consisting of career CHLers holding down this group and that is why I have them placed them here.

@BarDownDaily take: "Je ne comprend pas"

--------------------
    BOTTOM FEEDER
    --------------------

:team315: :team315: :team315: 8) Sound Tigers :team315: :team315: :team315:
    [​IMG]

I hate to put this team on blast mainly because I haven’t heard of a large portion of this roster. I have never heard of their GM or AGM, both entering their rookie season in the AHL and will surely deal with some growing pains. They put big money on another unproven AHL player @SAND_MAN257 who had a solid S7 in the CHL with a 50 goal season. Their big money dman is a -87 career NHL dman who has also never played an AHL game. You can read both ways into this, but this team is unproven and that is why I had to put them in as the bottom feeder in a stacked Eastern Atlantic division.

@BarDownDaily take: "Did a team actually just get worse by removing premier potato.. seriously?"

--------------------​

Good luck to all in S8.

-Bdeez

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Jobi Wan 4

Jobi Wan 4 Warning Group

Discord:
    jobiwan4#0
    Ratings:
    +388 / 12 / -20
    Great stuff brotha!

No Streaming Account
  3. XFrxncey

XFrxncey Well-Known Member

Discord:
    francey2325 (ooppsss i quit)#8910
    Ratings:
    +178 / 22 / -29
    No Streaming Account
  4. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    I am going up to Florida lol but I will still be in the AHL sb chirping the Phantoms!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    xtwisterr
  5. xSchlime

xSchlime #GlutenFree

Ratings:
    +43 / 3 / -12
    Nice write up buddy!

No Streaming Account
  6. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    When you're halfway through doing a division preview and someone else does it before you :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    mt98
  7. dmac7719

dmac7719 LGAHL Deputy Commissioner

Discord:
    dmac7719#0
    Ratings:
    +203 / 1 / -12
    Thumbs up for being the first person doing write ups to credit the Wolf Pack's real owner, @I-MT98-I and not the fake owner @CJ x 58

• Informative Informative x 1
    dmac7719
  8. Dualtz

Dualtz LGWJC Season 3 Defenceman of the Year

Ratings:
    +146 / 20 / -33
    suspect dman here, also not management, also twister isnt a tbird

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    Dual19
  9. Loose Stitch

Loose Stitch Meega Nala Kweesta!

Ratings:
    +671 / 54 / -78
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Knifeinyourguts
  10. ooo MoNoPoLY

Ratings:
    +163 / 12 / -13
    Get over it

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Dualtz

Ratings:
    +146 / 20 / -33
    sorry thought id help you out since you couldnt do the research yourself

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Dual19
  12. Philly_Jawns

Philly_Jawns Wish my penis was as big as yours

Ratings:
    +192 / 5 / -12
    Daultz get off my mans dick or do your own write ups, FFS good job deez funny shit. Fuck these ignorant assholes

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. ooo MoNoPoLY

Ratings:
    +163 / 12 / -13
    Go get walked little bird brain

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Dualtz

Ratings:
    +146 / 20 / -33
    youre dogshit

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dual19
  15. ThaFoSix

ThaFoSix Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thafosix#0
    Ratings:
    +127 / 3 / -14
    My locker room cancer will submarine LVPs season

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. ThaFoSix

ThaFoSix Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thafosix#0
    Ratings:
    +127 / 3 / -14
    PhillysMVP's significant other drinks soda for breakfast

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +583 / 28 / -50
    That arradin clip should be next to your name! A WHOLE KNEW WORRRRRRD!

• Funny Funny x 2
    ibi2iinik
  18. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    20-6-1 in the NHL on Xbox is "suspect"

• Informative Informative x 1
    2wayhockey
  19. ooo MoNoPoLY

Ratings:
    +163 / 12 / -13
    Below .500 in LGCHL Psn

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    He played out of position idiot do ur research!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    xtwisterr