Season 8 - Atlantic Division - Pre-season Overview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by ViRuS_I29I_, Jun 10, 2018.

1. S-mxrs-H

S-mxrs-H Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    Guess I am going to try my hand at this "Media / Thread" rankings since nobody has done one for the Atlantic yet. This is just my personal opinions on how the Atlantic looks. Don't take anything personal.
    I am going to be a bit rougher on the goal tending of each team since I am a souless shitter of that thing with the blue half moon on the ice. Trust me I know all about it. ;) I even let my own teammates score on me *Cough* @Troak 25. Love you buddy

EAST ATLANTIC STANDINGS:

1. :team18:
    Buffalo Sabres

2. :team5: Montreal Canadiens
    3. :team23: Florida Panthers
    4. :team10: Detroit Red Wings
    5. :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs
    6. :team20: Ottawa Senators

7. :team21: Tampa Bay Lightning
    8. :team2: Boston Bruins

Overviews:

:team18: Buffalo Sabres

Forwards: A
    Very top heavy team in terms of offensive capability. They will score a lot of goals starting with their first line. Which is presume is going to be @McLxvinn, @OG-CrispyCreamy and foward that they can carry. Splitting up @HazeeHype to the second line to allow a more diverse forward tandem to split the talent which would be smart. First two lines of this offense should do well all season. The third line may be negative part of this team but I don't know well enough to comment about it.

Defense: B

This buffalo defense will be tested on whether this team will be #1 or #2 in the Atlantic. Their defense is average other then @Desjy99. With alot of teams in the league having power house offenses, if they can defend well enough to let in 3 goals or less a game. They can easily pull in win after win.

Goaltending: A-

I personally like this goalie tandem. @KingKonz- a seasoned veteran of the LGHL PSN is back again and looking to show why exactly he is 2.25 M. @Desjy99 and @McLxvinn clearly had him in mind with spending alot but their team is very top heavy so I doubt the puck is going to be in their end a lot. Expect him to be top 5 in all Goalie Stats this season. Unless @EA gets him. @Key_Tops looking to prove himself in the NHL. I was looking at him for this season as a starter for Montreal's AHL team. Let's see what you got buddy. I'm sure you will do fine with the team in front of you.

:team5: Montreal Canadiens

Forwards: B +
    Mostly average offensive core. @Gladulov and @coorsi88 are known to be solid goal scorers and will be doing that this season on the 1st line along with @NYC_1Ts who is an old school pro series player or eshl player whatever it was called back then. 2nd line and 3rd lines will decide most of the games. Second line is filled with players that are average to stay in games but their success will depend on what lines they are facing throughout season. @SilKyy_96 with @mikelong11 and @GreasyLikeButter look to prove themselves at the NHL level with Mikelong and greasy coming up from the CHL they are looking to show they belong.

Defense: A
    With possibly the best top 2 D in the league in @PteCyr and @Stiivii-66 and as well as a defensively styled 2nd and 3rd line. This defense is going to be a hard slab of rock in the defensive end and will be the staple to whether Montreal makes it to playoffs or not. With @Jbarnett2001 at 500k which is a steal and @stay_at_homed which is a known defenseman in the LGHL they look to provide that second part of the foundation that the first line provides. Third line is @OhhCrosby87, which is known to be a complete idiot and a headache, he is also very underrated in the sticks. MTL just acquired @Maxuter off waviers and will fill out that third line. He is positive player in all seasons in the LGHL.

@chadkillz134 and I are back to be the goalie tandem for MTL. With the lack of scoring and defensive depth last season we are looking for redemption to have a less of a carry style of season. We look to continue our success from last season and make it farther then 1 round. @team23 we coming for ya. ;)

:team23: Florida Panthers

I feel this forward group will be the equivalent of Detroit Red Wings from s7. Alot of Above Average to average players that are 2nd liners on most teams but will be able to just pick up wins through on regular basis. If they playing first lines consistently they will have a bit harder of a time but they will still be scoring and winning games. Not sure what their lines would be first - third but I trust @I2I-Way-Hockey knows what hes doing and has a plan.

Defense: B -
    There defense is where I run into a few problems but nothing major. @v Sloshy is a known forward and I am not sure of his capabilities on the defensive side but i'm sure he believes he's strong enough. @MrPurpleCrush is a solid offensive style defenseman that loves to wrap and make goalies look stupid. @Cwooks has always been a reliable D of what I remember him at in Valdor S5 but I from what has been said that apparently hes slowed down but only time will tell. It sorta goes down from there @Krvstoffer is good but not second line material imo. Then the rest are a bit unknown for me to comment further.

Goaltending: B
    Either a make it or break type of tandem. @Bbrawler84 is very solid when hes on his game but can be inconsistent at times from when I seen some of his games. But hes definitely reliable to steal games and win. @WhatsTheMaatta is back and I assume is the backup. He played well last season but was also shaky in some games that I seen him. He should be okay to win at least 10-20 games depending on what they split each week.

:team10: Detroit Red Wings
    (Note: This team can easily be anywhere in the standings either #2-8 based on how their whole team plays as a unit. )
    Forwards: A-

They have a well balanced forward core throughout their 3 lines. Their top line is going to win them alot of games this season as well as there second line. Third line can win but won't be a deciding factor in whether the make or break this season.

Their top 3 defensive side is good especially @Mxster-77. Their bottom 3 D look to be average but I do not know enough about them to comment.

Goaltending: B -

Personally, I have heard about how good @Ryan_x_28 is and how bad he is. So I am not 100% on what to think in terms of how good he is gonna be transitioning back into the spotlight at the starting G pos. I am sure he will do well enough to keep his team afloat. The backup @bobbatta has had decent success with barely average stats, in S2 and S3 and also that was on another game. Also just came off to a season at RD in S5. Its been awhile since he's played in LG as a G.

:team1: Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards: B
    This team has the same expectation I have with montreal in terms of forwards. Their first line will be able to win games and score goals. Its honestly up to their 2nd and 3rd lines to finish out the other teams bottom lines and depending on how that goes they will either be really good or middle of the pack. Your top 3 forwards are all at the C spot with decent wingers.

Defense: A-

Solid defensive core throughout. If your defense does well each week. I wouldn't doubt that your team does better then I have you guys projected in terms of standings. They will probably win you a lot of your close games.

Goaltending: B

I am not sure who the starter will be most likely @Goouuu x 27. Both goalies have there up and downs in terms of consistency. Based off stats they have either really good games or really bad games. Which in return may cause problems unless your team defense is immaculate.

:team20: Ottawa Senators

I personally like your forward group. Alot of talent throughout the core of the forwards. Like most teams in this division your third line is gonna have to pull there weight if this team wants any sort of success for a playoff chance.

Your defensive core
    is good through the first two lines. Avg players overall on the defensive side.

Goaltending: C +

This rating is for @leafs1791. Can he transition to AHL from a 31-3 record in s7? That will be the ultimate question. @Chieff God I have no idea who decided to put him in net but based on his 1 game vs philly its not gonna look so good. No shade btw just a serious thought.

:team21: Tampa Bay Lightning

Average forwards throughout. All your scoring is going to come from 1 or 2 lines. IMO. I feel like you guys can be really good or really bad but compared to other offensive teams this is why you are here.

Defense: B -

Very average defensive core. You guys are lacking that top defense man that you need to boost your other lines reliability.

Really love the goalie tandem here. Both solid and reliable goaltenders that could carry your team. But how long can they last with a mediocre D core. @Mooner2014 probably feels he should be most likely the starter but @hgSparty is better and should be the starting goalie. I have played with both I can say that. These guys can and probably will win you a lot of games. But with how tight this east atlantic is again this season anything can happen.

:team2: Boston Bruins

Your west line is the only line I can see doing well all season. @nickyP1999 will do well like I know he does but he lost @zGuentzel to the defensive position. I just don't see how well this team can be with this average of offensive core other the @CrAzYLiiSH and @SilvaL15L is looking to prove himself in NHL.

Defense: B-

@Lord x Finesse looks to be your number one and that's where it really kinda drops off for me. @NoSleeves12 is reliable defenseman. @zGuentzel is mainly known as a forward and I just don't see him being able to make an as smooth transition as hes looking for. If he does more power too him.

Goaltending: C

Rating is a C due to both goalies have not been in the LGHL long enough to show their true skills. CHL and AHL stats are fine and all but its fast pace to the game in the NHL that makes the difference. @iCb4uC is probably the projected starter. With @bullyzoid looking to make a splash into the NHL with his successful season in the CHL.

So there is my projected standings. Obviously this is all in my own opinion and this is my first time doing this so anything that I said that hurt your feelings, I am sorry but just being realistic. But alot of these teams will be fighting for those 3 spots I feel. This East Atlantic Division is looking even closer then last seasons with our top 7 teams all in playoff contention in last week. Pretty much. Well I hope you guys enjoyed. If I missed some information or got something. I don't really care. SEASON STARTS TONIGHT! LETS GOO!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Ryan_x_28

Ryan_x_28 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ryan_x_28#6675
    Ratings:
    +800 / 30 / -71
    Good write-up. @bobbatta killed it in the AHL last season. Almost an 84% save percentage. Redwing season! :team10:

• Like Like x 2
    ryan_x_28
  3. PhewPhewCam

PhewPhewCam KingsSzn

Ratings:
    +246 / 6 / -38
    The shade thrown at Ottawa. DAMN

PhewPhewww
  4. S-mxrs-H

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    You mean somewhat at Ottawa’s goaltending.

No Streaming Account
  5. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Shaking my head.

zChieef
  6. S-mxrs-H

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    Love you

No Streaming Account
  7. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Amazing writeup. Would love to see your take on the other 3 divisions.

Can confirm Bobbatta is a very solid tendy. Put up fantastic stats last season on an average team that gave up a ton of shots. He’ll be a great backup capable of starting full time if needed

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    krok0dill
  8. Lehk 31

Lehk 31 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tyler89#0
    Ratings:
    +599 / 13 / -31
    @Chieff God your fault we lost a PRE SEASON GAME! BWAYS ARE A GOALIES FAULT!

LehkXR
  9. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    @ViRuS_I29I_

@v Sloshy is a known forward and I am not sure of his capabilities on the defensive side but i'm sure he believes he's strong enough

Sloshy Boxers is naturally a LD.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Primetimme1
  10. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    #NorrisWinner

jdforthy
  11. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    Good write up.

nickyP1999
  12. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Yikes lol, good try.

• Funny Funny x 1
    jtresatti
  13. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    @v Sloshy should I be the one to tell him you have a Norris trophy or do you wanna do it?

...oh I guess I just did

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    2wayhockey
  14. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Oh wait the Philly PRE SEASON game? Where I faced 3 breakaways for their only goals against? Lmfao Virus smh

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zChieef
  15. BKerslake8

BKerslake8 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 9 / -10
    Another amazing and accurate write up. I love how you have the Buffalo Sabres as the top team 10/10.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    NjDeviI08
  16. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    DynoMike25
  18. S-mxrs-H

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    See I didn't even know this. Sorry @v Sloshy

No Streaming Account
  19. S-mxrs-H

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    I was just messing dude. I don't judge off of one game.

No Streaming Account
  20. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Sloshy97