LGAHL Opening Night Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Miikeyx09, Jun 10, 2018.

?

Is ItzzGamETimE_ Elite?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. He's Gone!

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Seriously Mike.. Why'd you miss that.

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Mike what are you doing..

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. Miikeyx09

Miikeyx09 Anyone know what to put here?

Ratings:
    +728 / 13 / -51
    Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents, and welcome to another season for the LGAHL. I've seen plenty of these threads, and felt like I wanted to give you all my outlook on these beautifully, and sadly built teams.

For the following review, I will be reviewing my Top 3 teams of each division, and the worst team in the league.

Beginning with;

Eastern Atlantic:

#1 - :team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms

This team impresses me right out of the gate. From the recent acquisitions of @TylerLOEKEY , to their honourable mentions in @Johnkenney01 , @Nine2Fiver , and @GZUS19 , I don't see much competition for them down the road in the Eastern Atlantic. They're ran by a stellar management group in @phillysmvp , and @Markz_51 , whom I don't think anyone underestimates. I'm looking forward to seeing this team on the ice.

#2 - :team393: Charlotte Checkers

Practically every rating I've seen, has been underestimating this team. The team they currently have on paper may not be as attractive as the Phantoms, or a couple other teams currently in their division, but simply due to this management team of @Pelley_ @omnicidal-havoc and @Frauts , and my experience while dealing with them, I don't expect to see this team not competing for the #1 spot in their division. They picked up a solid dman in @WizardInBlack72 , and I'm also curious to see whether or not @Atboud will be able to continue what he did on the @XxToMMy6926xX driven Iowa team last season.

#3 - :team314: Hartford Wolf Pack

Hartford is ran by @CJ x 58 , @xOglowkeyyx , and @I-MT98-I . This team did a decent job in bidding, picking up @GalchyTheBeast27 who played with me last season, and a stellar forward in @davyl4. This team will be right up there competing with both of the teams mentioned above. CJ made many right moves, and I'm curious to see if they are the dark horse that could compete for the Calder.

Continuing onto the,

Eastern North;

This division is interesting, not only because its the most even in my mind, but because it seems like a weaker, tight division.

#1 - :team298: Toronto Marlies

Taking the first spot are @deerhunter2911 , @soul2cold77 , and @Jmorris0009. This team always seems to be up there in this division, and you have a returning management team looking to make a deeper run in S8. Having @Looped61 , @xX-Speedy19-Xx and the returning vet @SandmanHTMF really rounds out the talent of this team. The only negative discussions for this team were about how much they spent on their first string goalie @Maximuss001 , as we've all watched goalie collapses happen far too often. However, if they can put together a solid team anyways, and had the cap, then why not.

#2 - :team309: Syracuse Crunch

Why is Kingston so good? (A not so funny joke from S5). @greatzilla007 @Unabuga6 and @TakeNotes97 did a great job building this team. A lot of you would have this team ranked ahead of Toronto, yet I feel like they fall a hair short. @curlew7 @ColinEastern and @Oduya_Like_That are all fantastic pickups, along with bringing along @atomicstorm13 (who I promise, will keep the comedy shows active in your discord). I'm excited to see this teams record after week 1.

#3 - :team777: Belleville Senators

I dont think this team is outstanding, yet having @oBiLL3Yo playing for the team will automatically make them a lot better. Other honorable mentions are @OutStandnSkill , and the big D-Man @Novax_8 . It seems like this division likes to spend a crap ton on their goalies though, as the one mistake I think they made, was spending a massive 3.5mil on the amazing tendy @Yoshi_swagger . So we'll see if that is able to pan out for them.

Off to the West,

Western Central;

The following two divisions are the two divisions that I'm the most familiar with, as they have a lot of returning talent from last season.

To begin, I want to put two teams tied at #1... I know thats a pretty unorthodox thing to do in "Projections", as it's basically just saving my ass if I get anything wrong, but these two teams are going to be swinging back and forth in the standings all season long.

#1 - :team395: Chicago Wolves

This team has always put the greatest squads forward. Last season, they were led by the same individuals in @Meestah Don , and @DatsyukianxDeke . @DatsyukianxDeke is their shining light in this organization, and thats why they were able to spend 6mil on him. (Not saying Tucson bid him up to 6mil or anything...). They were able to bring back a lot of their talent in @VattanRulez , and @Gumba l11l , which will make them an extremely difficult team to play against this season.

#1 - :team307: Manitoba Moose....

Yes.. Again. I have the Moose tied for #1 even though they lost the legendary manager @nazzy2face. This team is fantastic. They were able to spend the farm on @bertone2909 , who is one of the best players in the league, while still keeping a stellar Dman in @MileHighHays. @JKHank07 , @TacticalSwim and @rockygratt84 have a great team on their hands.

#3 - :team317: Cleveland Monsters

This would be a pretty big turn around for this team. I'm putting this team here because I believe and hope that they can take the current pieces they have, and create a competitive team. The key talent I saw, are pieces like @BossRoss_FD , who was stellar for our team last season, practically bringing us on a winning stretch to the playoffs, and @Alexraymond007 , who also played a big role in helping us get onto a winning path last season. @K-Ols9 @Boss77x_O and @I-Serv-l have a lot of work to do, but I think the core pieces are there for this team.

Western Pacific;

Now every division thinks their division is the "toughest division in the league".. but I have discussed with many LG players on what they thought for which division will be the toughest this season, and they believe that the Western Conference will definitely take that title, and the Western Pacific being the tougher of the 2. Therefore, I will rank 4 teams in this division. The weakest team in the league also happens to be in this division.

#1 - :team618: Tucson Roadrunners

Call me biased, but this team is a big favourite in the Western Pacific. It's led by the cockiest player around @iTzzGamETimE_ , and the top quality shoutbox chirpers @BarDownDaily and @bdeez_nutz . We were able to grab @Alexander x 91 and @SilkyHands72 under the radar which also helped us build up our teams depth. With the return of @PEACEKEEPER500 in between the pipes, and @pearl19 on the blue line, I don't really see a weakness in this team, except for maybe on the third line. The team has a lot to prove, and it will really depend on the first 2-3 weeks, to whether I still agree with my extremely large ego for the season. And lets be real, if you don't rank your team first in your own division.. in your own power rankings.. you probably shouldn't be a GM. @iZer0x92 and I are VERY excited to begin S8 with the squad we have put together. Theres plenty more people I could mention, but I think we have a good shot at the #1 spot.

#2 - :team363: San Antonio Rampage

The return of @vCodester and @ImaDoer3 are what attracts me to this team. They built a tremendous team last season, causing us to have a ridiculous amount of problems when facing them, so I find it difficult not to expect them to be on top again. They make a lot of their damage through trades during the season. They look stellar on the back end with @Distraqted and @BuffaloMick, and have a pretty good couple players up front in @GrammyHands and @looper_61. I'm extremely excited to play this team multiple times this season.

#3 - :team516: Stockton Heat

Well.. I couldn't not include them when they have @JJ-Finesse- ... even if he did cost half a team. They also were able to snag some pretty solid talent in @l Kane l x l88l and @l Pure l 88 l and @NinjaGamer762 , so I'm excited to see this team work. @ODucks182 spent a boatload on one guy, but it may pay off, considering he still has solid goaltending in @xBBoeser and some other solid players to round out the team.

#4 - :team515: Bakersfield Condors

This one was a tie for me. I was deciding between Ontario and Bakersfield, but there were a few noted pieces on Bakersfield's roster, that had me favor them for the #4 spot. I believe @Bobby_Goggles12 and @ARoguePineapple did a terrific job in grabbing @AllinFitness , @Merciless20 and @kudlacik1 . All pretty solid players all around, and will really help this team grow. Will @LG McDonald redeem his teams problems from last season? We'll begin to find out tonight!

THE WORST TEAM AWARD:

Worst Team: :team300: Texas Stars

I'm assuming this is why you clicked the article. "Who do you think is the worst team this season Mike?"... a question I receive far too often... Like once.

A lot of you know, that @TheGua2dian and I have had a reaaally hard time getting along in this league, but hey.. everyone agrees theres absolutely NO WAY he should be in the AHL..In a tough division, I'm saying it now, it's impossible that this team doesn't finish anywhere higher then last place. I apologize to @VRain_19 , and I wish her the most luck moving forward to prove me wrong, but I can't picture a world where @TheGua2dian wins a game this season, unless you put him on your back.

Thank you all for the read, and I'm sure theres a ton that you all would chose differently, but hey, thats why opinion pieces are around! Looking forward to hearing your comments and recommendations for teams YOU believe should be in the Top 3 of each division that I missed.

Good luck everyone tonight, and Go Tucson! :team618::team618::team618:

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Troll x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    MikeyMcB
  2. CelpHxTitleD506

CelpHxTitleD506 Pens

Ratings:
    +6 / 3 / -0
    Love everyone sleeping on the devils.

• Like Like x 2
    CelpHxTitleD506
  3. Miikeyx09

Ratings:
    +728 / 13 / -51
    Yeah I feel ya man! Lots of teams I feel like I could have missed, but went with my gut instinct. Looking forward to seeing the Devils in action aswell @CelpHxTitleD506

• Like Like x 1
    MikeyMcB
  4. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -102
    Rampage would be first if it wasnt written by a roadrunner :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Wxldo62

Wxldo62 Cup Check

Ratings:
    +787 / 22 / -68
    Isn’t the Wolfpack GM Tryhard?

No Streaming Account
  6. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    good write up!

Leading by example lol

upload_2018-6-11_10-1-20.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. Miikeyx09

Ratings:
    +728 / 13 / -51
    Can’t wait to play you guys on Wednesday! Rematch from last season.

MikeyMcB
  8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    wont be me

LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    extrasweetsauce
  10. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    extrasweetsauce
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Petawawa ON

LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    extrasweetsauce
  13. xHyper-8

xHyper-8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    luvhyper#0
    Ratings:
    +1,160 / 31 / -54
    Hartford last place? Y i k e s

No Streaming Account
  14. FittNASTY

FittNASTY Jeep Life

Ratings:
    +346 / 17 / -39
    4th :p

fittnasty
  15. Dev-O-91

Dev-O-91 Retired

Ratings:
    +30 / 5 / -4
    No Reign?, We have THE REAL DAMN TEAL.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Keller I9I

Keller I9I Set your heart ablaze

Discord:
    its_kredy#0
    Ratings:
    +221 / 21 / -53
    aren't opening night reviews made after opening night lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. ROLLaBACKWOODS

ROLLaBACKWOODS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +271 / 1 / -20
    I’ll prove ya wrong mikey

• Like Like x 2
    rollabackwoods
  18. Puregenesis88

Puregenesis88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lord Beerus-sama#6803
    Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -6
    Can we get a new power rank every week cause we dismantle your 13.5 mil line lol stockton heat in the house lets go

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Miikeyx09

Ratings:
    +728 / 13 / -51
    Definitely plan on doing one every week. However, you shouldnt stay too cocky after one game ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MikeyMcB
  20. iTzzGamETimE_

iTzzGamETimE_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -1
    You played our second line and it’s opening week. Chill out, superstar. I want you to show up again next time our teams play against each other.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account