S30 Week 3 Recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jun 28, 2018.

1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Quick Note: Do the standings so far look like what you expected? Yeah, me neither.

Super 16: DUCKS FLY TOGETHER

1. :team31: Anaheim Ducks
    Hit:
    They didn't lose a game this week, and they only allowed 8 goals. AND, they have almost all of the few undefeated players left in @CaLL Me Jakoo @DeLong x 22 @Nraimondi44 and @Ya Boy Yahtzee .
    Miss: none

2. :team8: Colorado Avalanche
    Hit:
    Rather than talk up @Big Tony 16 , I'll point out that it's great to see @I KiLLTarTED I flourishing on a good team. He went 3-0 with an 89.5 sv% and 0.67 GAA this week.
    Miss: Two losses came to two of the top three teams in the Pacific, so I guess not much of a miss to talk about.

3. :team18: Buffalo Sabres
    Hit:
    7 wins! They had just 4 in both of their previous two weeks. Also, 3 or more goals in 6 of their games, hard not to get results when you're scoring like that.
    Miss: Only 3 home games next week compared to the usual 5; they need to do a little better on the road next week to keep their spot.

4. :team78: Pittsburgh Penguins
    Hit:
    Another week hovering around 30 GF, the Penguin's high-octane offense is one of the best in the league.
    Miss: Giving up around 20 goals is about the league average I'd guess, but it feels like a lot for this d-corps.

5. :team27: New York Islanders
    Hit:
    They just matched their win total of the previous two weeks combined in week three. Not to mention, their good week came when others struggled, so they're looking good 2 points out with one team between them and the second wildcard spot.
    Miss: Tuesday is just not their day. Their only losses came on Tuesday this week, and they're 1-6-2 so far this season with just 13 GF and 35 GA on Tuesday games.

6. :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs
    Hit:
    They secured just enough points to take sole possession of first place in the Atlantic. Also, recent acquisition @xJLucas did pretty well in his first week with a 2-0-1 record, so it's good to see a trade paying immediate dividends.
    Miss: Every game was decided by 2 or less goals, and, in fact, the last 15 of their games have been this way. Maybe not a real miss, but interesting that they can't seem to pull away and neither can their opponents.

7. :team5: Montreal Canadiens
    Hit:
    One of the biggest question marks (for me anyways) was how some of the defensemen on this team would gel together. Safe to say @i BeLeaf x and @GONGSH0W put some of those questions to rest having captured 16 of 18 possible points in their games so far this season.
    Miss: 3 losses by just one goal makes it seem like the Canadiens let an opportunity to be first in the Atlantic slip away this week.

8. :team77: Nashville Predators
    Hit:
    The line of @hatemakerr @Bushook @justlax10 was 3-0 for the first time this week, ya love to see it. Also, a big 3-0 week for the backup @ShouldveBeenaBJ , 3-0 with 88.2 sv% and 1.33 GAA.
    Miss: Gave up 25 goals this week, well above their average for the previous two weeks.

9. :team30: Minnesota Wild
    Hit:
    3-0-1 against teams in their division is huge. Also, their lowest goals allowed yet at 18 this week.
    Miss: Acquired @Gucci Giveaways

10. :team11: Edmonton Oilers
    Hit:
    @JJ-Finesse- started scoring in his first week as an Oiler. He had 5 goals compared to just 3 the previous two weeks.
    Miss: This was their worst week yet by a few different metrics. Then again, 5-3-1 being your worst week means you've done pretty well so far.

11. :team20: Ottawa Senators
    Hit:
    Even in a week where it seemed like they struggled, they managed 5 wins and 11 points. We might never seem them below that 10 point threshold.
    Miss: 2-3-1 in one-goal games this week, with a loss from each line and a second from the 2nd line.

12. :team2: Boston Bruins
    Hit:
    31 goals scored this week, and it gave them their best week yet.
    Miss: It seems from everything I've heard that it had to be done, but I think that @Dannyy Briere for @xRICKOSHAY is going to hurt them.

13. :team15: San Jose Sharks
    Hit:
    Points in 7 of 9 keeps them neck and neck with Anaheim for 1st in the Pacific.
    Miss: First week where they've had a negative goal differential at -3.

14. :team28: Arizona Coyotes
    Hit:
    Another up-and-down week for the Coyotes, but points in 7 of 9 games keeps them in a playoff spot. Also, 3 losses within a couple goals makes it seem like they might be able to turn a corner and improve without a monumental effort.
    Miss: Their offense was a bit anemic this week, and they allowed a lot more goals than you'd expect with a d-corps like this. Maybe we'll see them shop a defenseman to get some help on offense.

15. :team391: Winnipeg Jets
    Hit:
    The Jets finally are taking off! (Or maybe just taxiing on the runway.) They won 5 games compared to just 4 the previous two weeks. Will they avoid "the hot seat"?
    Miss: 9 points out isn't undoable (and all but one team ahead of them in the West), but they need to squeeze out as many points out of games as they can before the trade deadline to solidify themselves as buyers.

16. :team74: Carolina Hurricanes
    Hit:
    @Lorenzo x 24 @rG Breezyy line goes 2-0-1, getting 5 of the 9 points the Canes were able to add this week.
    Miss: Not quite good enough to keep up with the Penguins for 1st, but the Canes can surely face a little adversity and rally back next week.

Rookie of the Week:

:team27: @Kempe x I9I (LW)
    He has fourth most points and third most goals on the Islanders (17P, 8G) with a 6-1-1 record; most of those games he was an ECU. He got called up on Sunday, June 24th, and continued the level of production he showed as an ECU. 3-0 with 4 goals, 2 assists, and +5 against Toronto, Detroit, and Montreal. It's especially tough when you aren't playing with familiar linemates, and the Islanders have done a lot of line mixing, probably due to availability, thus far in the season. So, I think that maybe this performance deserves a little extra recognition for being done with three different groups of players.

Surprise of the Week:

:team18: Buffalo Sabres Move into Wildcard
    The Sabres' big week slightly outmatches the Jets finally finding their wings. Buffalo managed to go 7-2-0 and nearly double their point total going from 17 points to 31 points. They jumped over several teams, and when the dust settled from week 3, they found themselves in the second Wildcard in the East. The lines centered by @xNazzy19x and @KEAPPS didn't lose a game this week. Furthermore, they didn't lose a game to an Atlantic opponent all week. Maybe they just played above their skill level for a week, or maybe they been underperforming. As I mentioned above, they have two less home games next week, so we could see a regression. Then again, we could also see the Sabres charge into week 4.

IRL Player "Awards"

Eric Godard "Hand of God" Award

@Daddy Padre for pulling out the enforcer build and chipping in a couple goals
    (6/25/18 NSH at VGK) and (6/26/18 VGK at ARI)

Joe Thornton "Apples" Award
    @mferra32 and @XxNash61xX for getting 5 assists in one game
    (6/26/18 NSH at COL) and (6/25/18 DET at WSH)

Brent Burns "Everything on Net" Award
    @I HDC I for a ton of shots as a defenseman (11 this week)

• Like Like x 24
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    Good write up

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. The Gr8 Haxby

The Gr8 Haxby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 9 / -18
    But where are my Bolts???

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. Tb ToXiC

Tb ToXiC Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tb Toxic#1016
    Ratings:
    +444 / 17 / -13
    MILESTONE WATCH

tjbarone81
  5. The Gr8 Haxby

Ratings:
    +380 / 9 / -18
    Well thats awks, HOW BOUT MY KINGS! :')

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. The Gr8 Haxby

Ratings:
    +380 / 9 / -18
    still shoulda got an award for going 3-0 on tampa

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. l Doopliss l

l Doopliss l Yes. I turned the villagers into pigs. Big deal.

Discord:
    l_doopliss_l#0
    Ratings:
    +199 / 8 / -13
    These Jets finally get noticed

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. The Gr8 Haxby

Ratings:
    +380 / 9 / -18
    you arent no bolts...or jets...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. l Yahtzeee l

l Yahtzeee l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 35 / -70
    Quack

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Nguadagna
  10. l Doopliss l

l Doopliss l Yes. I turned the villagers into pigs. Big deal.

Discord:
    l_doopliss_l#0
    Ratings:
    +199 / 8 / -13
    Have I been signing up for the wrong team this whole season then?

No Streaming Account
  11. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    Solid write up dude. Keep up the good material, I look forward to it every weekend!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. bicUwUious

bicUwUious Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gucci6305#0
    Ratings:
    +489 / 25 / -17
    @goonderk
    I carry you to a Lady Byng and this is the thanks I get

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1