Metro Division Standings Prediction/Write Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by MrPurpleCrush, Oct 3, 2018.

1. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    I have never done anything like this before but I feel like it, so here it goes. Just gonna be your typical write up like most other pre season write ups, but I know personally (and I'm sure others do as well) I like seeing different opinions on how well teams were built and how they will do in the end. Gonna put the teams in order of how I think they will finish within the division and write my thoughts on all of them.

1) Washington Capitals

This team was a cup favourite before the draft. PTP and Mclovin as a management duo is as good as it's gonna get. Add to that having Sooksta at 5.5, GoCanucks at 750k, Lehk and Jake at a combined 1.5 mil, LaPlante and Tanev, that's a very good base to start the team off with. Follow that up by trading LaPlane for Peridot as well as Tanev for Spray at 500k and the 9th overall pick, and they're looking scary good. Oh, and speaking of scary..... ScaryJoey decides he's gonna return which gives PTP the luxury of going back to defence, and this team is now looking disgusting prior to the draft.

This part really doesn't matter because they are so good anyways, but I wasn't a fan of what they accomplished in bidding. They had a great start getting a Top G in Bob Jonez at 1.5 but after that I was kind of surprised. Not disrespecting the kid at all but I didn't expect, nor do I see the fit for Marty at 4.25 in WSH. Definitely thought they would split that cap into a couple dmen between 1-2 mil a piece, but they obviously know something about Boots23amc and GodofNugget that I don't, to want to get Marty.

Random side note – 1000% thought WSH was the 500k bid on MajorJetsFan. Definitely thought Sook would want him on his line. (Good pick up Boston)

2) New York Rangers

Gonna start off by saying that I feel bad for Bo. This team was so well put together last season and set up extremely well for S9 with 2s contracts. Weapon/Reap/Miviens at a combined 5.75 mil is ridiculous. Charmop had Henny/JP as wingers last season who were both solid, and that combined cap could have been used to get Charmop a top winger (or a top C, move Charmop to wing) to have 2 dominant forward lines. No offence to anyone I list here but this team basically subbed Reap for TiDan, Miviens for Krazy-try, JP for Gametime, Henny for JDE. The only even swap I guess would be JP for Gametime but if he starts losing games, I hope for Bo's sake the attitude doesn't come out. Speaking of attitude.... WeaponC. Honestly, I actually like the guy and enjoy playing with him every once in a while, but everyone knows the way he is and obviously he is gonna want to be with Reap on the Leafs. I hope and trust that Bo is not gonna get fleeced and makes a good move if he decides too.

A guy to watch out for on the Rangers defence this season is GamingFreak911. Thought this guy was a steal at pick 19, 2 seasons ago and I'm guessing he's gonna be paired with PteCyr to cap off a dominant Top 4 along with Bo/Lafleur. Dmac/Reincremation should be a solid 3rd pair as well.

In net, well..... “Muh Crofto” - HJHF14. Back342 is the backup. Don't be cancerous, play your games, know your role.

Regardless of the “downgrades” the offence is still very good, the defence remains very solid and the G's should be able to hold their own. This team will be good again and I really wanna see Bo make a good playoff run.

3) Columbus Blue Jackets

I thought Larkin and Patches did a great job putting this team together. Up front they had Gally and GoMarc (who had a great season playing together) returning, but frenchies unite and RvClutch is in for Marc. I'm not sure I like Dspors at 3.25 as a forward but if you have Clutch/Patches/Gally together, somebody decent has to play with Larkin and DJ on the 2nd line. I personally think they could just split the top line and go Clutch/Patches/DJ and Spors/Larkin/Gally. If this is the case however, I think they would have been better off getting a sub 1.5 mil LW instead of Spors and used the extra cap on defence or a better starting G. Either way this group of forwards is very good and should do well this season.

On defence there is no standout dman but this is a solid D core that should be able to hold their own. On the right ShroomSmoke, Kaner and OhCrosby is a solid 1-2-3. Pretty sure OhCrosby is the only teammate in LG that I've muted and couldn't stand to hear talk, so good luck with him not annoying you. On LD I have no idea who Ahernn is, but he's 3.75 so he must be decent at least. No stats on the site and never heard of him before but with Chelios and Elite76 being the safe 2nd and 3rd LD, whoever this Ahernn person is, is gonna have to be the #1 LD. Again, maybe take Spors' 3.25 and apply some of it to a #1 LD? But who knows, maybe this guy's elite.

In net they have SnakeDoctor and Dealmaker. 2 things here. #1 I think SnakeDoctor is an average starting G (more of a reliable backup imo) and if he is your starter, you should probably get a very reliable backup (Not sure if Dealmaker is that but I've never seen him play). #2 I think SnakeDoctor at 1.25 is a bit much considering how good the goalie pool was and only 1 went for more than 2 mil.

Overall this team is looking very good and I don't see them missing the playoffs.

4) New Jersey Devils

Although I think the NJD offence is a bit suspect, having Sloshy/Labrat as the 1-2 punch down the middle is a great start. Is the support on the wings gonna be good enough tho? I would suspect DanielEPS/Moofang on the left and Jopz/Chipy on the right to be in the top 6. I think Jopz is good enough, but the other 3 im really not sure about. That's actually a lie. Im positive that's not looking good. I gotta think Moofang/Jopz will be with Labrat but I question whether Sloshy can carry the combo of DaneilEPS and Chipy. He's gonna be drowning in the pool of sweat produced by those guys. On the bright side each line will have either Downy or Gwan to basically be a fourth forward. When it comes to the third line, you got Oracle/Sloaner/Takenotes. I'm not running this team so I don't care what they do, but Oracle should probably C and Sloaner should be on wing if they stick with that as a 3rd line.

On defence you have Downy and Gwan on the same team so that's not bad..... But on a serious note these guys are gonna have to be the backbone of the defence and the offensive catalysts because there isn't great depth on this team. Gour and Giant should be good support dmen for each of them and Pasta/Bogey is a good enough 3rd pair (not sure if either can LD tho)

In net they have Skinner as the #1 who I know is a very good goalie. No idea who Soupy622 is but he had good AHL stats last season.

If this team doesn't do well, it will be solely on the forward depth just not being good enough.

5) Philadelphia Flyers

I'm not familiar with some of the forwards on this team, but what I do know is that Kraz is at 10.5 and then 6 other forwards on the roster have contracts that are less than what their previous contracts were at (some significantly less). RageQuittin and H20 Fluri went for 7 and 5.25 respectively the last time they played LG and are now 4 and 1.75. KingJayDee 2.5 last season is now 1.75, Ninja 6.75 last season is now 4.25, Hypey 6.5 last season is now 1.5 and finally Userpic 3 last season is now 750k. If even just a few of these guys outplay their contracts this forward group should be really good.

The Flyers Defence is led by the $200 man (or whatever he's being paid) SkillzPayBillz. I'm sure he'll be carrying MathDouble's drunk ass on the first pair (possibly Shaynestaa instead). The second pair should consist of Nowelbaby and RustyTrombone. I don't think there's anything spectacular about either but that should be a solid 2nd d pair. The third pair is gonna be shady but oh well. Agger's worth more as a G than a dman imo and if he's playing with MathDouble as his partner dear God..... gets slightly better I guess if Shaynestaa is his partner instead.

In net they have Mooner at 750k which I think is a solid pickup and IG Unreal who I know nothing about but heard isn't bad.

I think this team is definitely good enough to make the playoffs. A divisional spot might be pushing it but I think they'll be in the hunt for a wild card spot.

6) Carolina Hurricanes

The Clausless Canes I think are in for a bit of a wake up call this season. 2 things, #1 Claus isn't there to carry. #2 Teams aren't gonna throw 3rd's at the Canes as often as they did last season (To avoid playing Jclaus). Overall however, I think the offence is actually not bad. Down the middle they have Jared/Beast/Nyl29 which I think it's a good 1-2-3 punch but Jared is a bit over paid and I am curious to see how Beast's defensive game is at C. On wing they have Semple/Dudester and Kuzy/dynamic who are solid support wingers for the top 2 lines.

It's on defence though where I think this team is gonna be hurting. I've played enough with both Mike and Danny to know that both are solid dmen. I think Danny at 4.25 is fair but Mike at 5.5 is a bit much. The issue here is that both guys are not the ones that should be carrying their dpartner and that's exactly what they'll have to do this season. An even worse scenario imo is if they play together because 3 of Carolina's dmen are previous AHL players with a combined 5-11-4 NHL record and the other has only played 1 NHL season (Couple CHL/AHL seasons) back in s4. This is easily one of the most suspect D core's in the league and I could see them struggle this season.

In net they're bringing back both bullyzoid and Krok. Wont matter who's in net if that Dcore plays as bad as it looks.

7) Pittsburgh Penguins

The 2nd of 3 teams with what is imo a very suspect D core belongs to another Metro division team, the Pittsburgh Penguins. I'll get to that after but ill start with what looks like a solid forward core with a lot of good depth. Down the middle this team is gonna have a solid 1-2-3 punch. I'm just not sure which C is gonna move to wing (I would assume Tommy). This would mean Sudzy/Jay/Skillzy at C. Sudzy actually has to show up and try though and he's sometimes not good at doing either. I think Jay is more of a RW than C but there are much worse 2C's in the league. Skillzy will be a great 3C if thats where he's actually playing. Tommy, Silva, Cummins, Deadlykush, ToughCuts and hydrate are the wingers. Other than Hydrate being the 3RW I think any of the 5 others listed are good enough or are capable of being great supporting players in a top 6 role with a good C. Gonna need ToughCuts to actually show up to games as well.

On to the defence. I guess I'll start with the RD's. Nardo is your #1. Not a bad Dman by any means (#2 RD) but not a #1, has a history of quitting on teams he doesn't wanna be on and (idk if true or not) has missed games on Penguins game nights IRL. Kroeger is a 3rd pair guy that's gonna have to play 2nd pair and Gumper is an AHLer who's gonna be 3rd pair. On LD they have TheSkillz (who hasn't played LG since season 4) that I guess is gonna be their top LD. Maybe he's elite and I just don't know. Glex is an AHLer with good stats and looks ready to make the jump to the NHL. Ready to possibly carry his dpartner in the NHL tho? Not sure about that, but I've never seen the guy play. Lastly another AHLer GamingRendo looks like he'll make the jump and be 3rd pair. All in all, not very good and inexperienced Dcore.

In net the Pens are going with MikeMoran and EvilGenius. Curious to see how MikeMoran does being the starter and EvilGenius felt the wrath of how shit Pittsburgh was last season so things can only go up from there.

8) New York Islanders

Myself and I'm pretty sure everyone in the league can probably agree that the expectations for BigFreeze and the Isles were not high. I personally think he did a pretty good job putting this team together and though I still don't think they're making the playoffs I'll give him some credit considering what he had to work with.

BigFreeze is the 2C, his GM DeerHunter is the 3C and he had no returning contracts, so not the ideal base to build a team from. Step 1 - get a #1 C. Pheno at 9.75, check. Step 2 - Get 1 solid dman for the 1st and 2nd dpairs. AcGee at 5.5 and Scaank (VincePawer) at 6, check. Step 3 - Get a good starting G. Maximus001 at 1.5, check. Step 4 - Put together as good of a supporting cast around your core as you can with the remaining cap. Clark at 1 mil, the guy pushes up on the sticks. The puck might not go in anywhere near 60 times in 1 season again, but he's definitely on a good contract. He'll also bring some veteran presence to a forward group that is rounded out by 5 guys who were in the AHL last season. All had extremely good seasons and look ready to make the jump. 4 of the 5 went for 1 mil or less while MT98 went for 4 mil. It might be a bit of an over payment but I know Scott very well. He was NHL ready last season (Wanted a Calder cup to add to his Memorial Cup) and this game suits his play style a lot.

The defence is rounded out by Biggs who can be a solid 2nd pair guy, SamuariSiaki who has great gap control (just watch the pokes this season) and 2 AHL guys making the jump up. Backing up Maximus in net is TylerLowkey. Played him once in LG a couple seasons back, we lit him up for 5 in the first period, he quit and his team couldn't get an ecu G. That's all I know about TylerLowkey.

Anyways, I hope this team does better than people expect. I think BigFreeze did a very respectable job putting this team together in his first season as owner.

Final Thought - I think WSH is a lock at 1, NYR/CBJ I could see switching at 2/3, NJD I could see moving up to 3 or down to 5. PHI I think is either 4 or 5. I think CAR, PIT, NYI will finish 6/7/8 in any order. CAR/PIT both have poor defence, good offence and the Isles have a good Top 4 D, and a “we'll see” offence.

I guess that's it. I'll do the other divisions if people want and/or care. If anyone has any suggestions on what I could do better/different fire away. I'm Canadian so I have to say sorry if I offended anyone, but for the most part I don't care, this is just my opinion, people don't have to agree with it.

• Winner Winner x 28
    • Like Like x 27
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  2. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    Kinder words than I thought I'd see, nice write-up Cody. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    mt98
  3. OPxOwen

OPxOwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 6 / -9
    nice

• Like Like x 1
    the5thlinecbj
  4. WeapNHL

WeapNHL Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xweapon21#0
    Ratings:
    +148 / 21 / -40
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. NoSleeves12

NoSleeves12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,802 / 16 / -41
    fantastic job kid

• Like Like x 1
    NoSleeves12
  6. Cahspxr

Cahspxr cowabunga

Discord:
    Nylander#4206
    Ratings:
    +316 / 21 / -26
    SHEEE WIZZZZZZ

• Like Like x 2
    vNylander
  7. Stxvio

Stxvio Greatest Never

Discord:
    stxvio#0
    Ratings:
    +1,431 / 161 / -243
    I like it

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Stavio_98
  8. Gourr-

Gourr- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gourr#0
    Ratings:
    +1,176 / 130 / -783
    Very far off on your NJ line predictions, but good write up.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    oGour
  9. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    Do the Pacific next

• Like Like x 2
    nickyP1999
  10. xXAucoin1Xx

xXAucoin1Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 8 / -8
    That was a really good write up, you definitely have a lot of knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
    raucoin1
  11. vOutragEz

vOutragEz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 19 / -31
    It's a wrap.

• Winner Winner x 2
    xunknown_31
  12. KROFTONITE

KROFTONITE www.twitch.tv/KROFTO

Discord:
    KROFTO#8304
    Ratings:
    +904 / 3 / -31
    Awesome job!

• Like Like x 1
    KROFTO
  13. Mathdouble2

Mathdouble2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 2 / -22
    Oh lord carry my drunk ass and im the worst hahaaha i love
    At least you put us in 5 but i think we will be higher

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Carolina can get by with the sub par defense like we did last season if their centers are able to lock it down and their G's can do as well as last season. I had to do a lot of hand holding on breakouts and on rush defense. (Not you Dannythibs) I think their offense is really solid but don't think their C's are the most defensive minded, so to me it's adapt or die. Just speaking on them cause I know the team pretty well, I really enjoyed the read, great job!

• Like Like x 6
    JClaus33
  15. xHyper-8

xHyper-8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    luvhyper#0
    Ratings:
    +1,160 / 31 / -54
    Im sure you can pay him and he'll put you higher

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. JxyDee_-

JxyDee_- iTsKingJayDee

Discord:
    JxyDee_-#2411
    Ratings:
    +204 / 7 / -8
    great write up, always love seeing the time and effort put into these things!

• Like Like x 1
    ItsJxyDee
  17. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Daddy @Ill Kipper will make sure my ass doesnt get lit up

Great write up! Looking forward to being Claus-less :sadegg:

• Like Like x 2
    krok0dill
  18. MJ2935

MJ2935 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 1 / -0
    Man, MJ goes to the Caps, clearly a reason for the #1 ranking and no mention?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. debarrd

debarrd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 5 / -19
    You now mean Pingcific!!

[​IMG]

Gl on season

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    debarrd11
  20. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    Good write up. I appreciate the respect you gave my team even with the bottom ranking. Edit pheno at 9.5m not that it makes much of a difference.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account