Season 9 Atlantic Division Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JPH_VeNoM, Oct 6, 2018.

1. JPHVeNoM

JPHVeNoM Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JPH#8117
    Ratings:
    +130 / 1 / -2
    I tried to do something a little different with this write up by giving the management team of each team some time to add some of their own comments. Everyone I got in touch with was happy to help. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get in touch with OTT, MTL, or TBL. When you guys see this feel free to message me on discord and I will edit it the post or you can simply comment your thoughts. I didn't want to ask specific questions because I thought it would get boring and repetitive. So all I said was just write about some people on your team you were excited about, any trades that occurred, people you think will be over looked, etc. and I think it turned out fairly well. Also, I didn't do this for money or a grade, so there was minimal proof reading. Please do your best to ignore any spelling/grammatical errors that you come across.
    Lastly......
    To all those who are going to bitch about where your team ranks on this...

"With respect to everyone, FUCK everyone."- Conor McGregor

1. Buffalo Sabres

In a division that looks to be a true brawl, Desjy and Claus lead a Sabres team that most people agree are favorites to be top dog. For the last few seasons, Claus has been surrounded by 500k warriors, but following a solid bidding, this team has some talent through the lines. Kerslake scoops up the AGM spot and you can assume that he will put up at least his usual 50ish points and with his linemates he has a very likely chance to put up many more. To follow up this solid management team, the Sabres have several solid players. Poopin, Hazee, and eZ are the guys going to be counted on to help drive the offense.

On the blue line, RockyRacoon (or whatever name(s) Brad chooses to use) and Goligoski are the guys the Sabres have some significant cap on. I wouldn’t expect them to have too much of an issue as both players are pretty solid and have a pretty good insurance policy behind them.

That brings us to the Sabres goaltending. Konz returns to anchor the crease, and we can expect him to put up his 20-30 wins per usual. Backing him up we have Ryan_X_28, not much to say on this guy as I don’t really know him but it seems to be your standard 500k back up to play his 3 a week.

JClaus was kind enough to give us a look into their thought process on the team:

“We're excited about all the guys we drafted, but cause of cap couldnt start off with all the guys we'd have liked to. One guy we are starting with though that we're really excited about, is CantTreadOnMe_. He's been a good player in the other leagues for a long time and is finally making the jump to LG. Our one big trade I guess was Nowelbaby for Diirty Triix and a 1st (16th), and then we flipped that 1st for 2 more (22 + 27), where we eventually picked Deadly Dangles and DodgesBlueShells. So Nowel for those 3 was what the trade ended up being. All of those guys should be contributing to our team in one way or another so I'm pretty happy with that. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Troak get 80 points this season.”

2. Boston Bruins

Being that I’m on this team I may get some shit for placing the Bruins this highly, but in my defense, the Bruins competed for the division title last season and finished 2nd to the Panthers. With pretty much all the core players returning while adding some top tier talent, I don’t see it being far-fetched for the Bruins to give the Sabres a run for the division title. Sleeves, Bunny, and Odessa look to push the B’s over the hump and improve from their 1st round exit last season.

With the first pick in this past draft, the Bruins added AJ_Rockers. He will have a lot of responsibility on this team to provide a solid two-way game as his wingers shouldn’t have trouble putting the puck into the back of the net. Mcfslayer looks to be slated to play center on the other forward line. With the depth upfront it looks like the Bruins have more of two first lines opposed to clear cut 1s and 2s. I’d expect the top 6 forwards to be mixed and matched throughout the season. GM B-Bunny looks to have somewhat of a bounce back season after failing to net at least 20 goals for the first time in his LG career as a forward. Zam was acquired through trade in the offseason and fits in nicely with a fairly team friendly cap hit of 3.5 mil.

Brayden was brought in through bidding at 10.5 mil to be the backbone of this D-core, and you can expect him to keep his place among the elite offensive D-men in LG. Expect Jazz and Debard to remain together as a pairing considering they played very well in a first line role last season, proving to be one of the most cost effective pairings throughout the entire league.

Delosh will be between the pipes for the majority of the games this season and will need to be solid if the Bruins want to keep up in what most likely be the toughest division.

Here is what Odessa had to add about the team:

“Ok well we were really happy to get Zeus and MajorJetsFan for cheap and lock them into multiple season deals

We don't really want to comment on lines yet since we still have to make some decisions up front

Sleeves turned a LW that we didn't actually need last season into the first overall pick before the puck even dropped and now we have Jensen so thanks parayko

Regarding lines tho. Look for Jensen(AJRockers) and bunny on the first for sure and Odessa on the 3rd or possibly waived before game 1”

3. Florida Panthers

2-Way, Prime, and PurpleCrush look to lead the Florida Panthers to back to back division titles which isn’t going to be any easy task. This roster had a good amount of turnover during the offseason so it will be interesting if the new squad is up to the task.

The trio of Prime, Jmarz, and 2-Way (if they decide to stack the top line) will hang with any other forward line in the league and surpass most of them. There was no hesitation to sign Jmarz to the 2 year deal right away at 6.5 so they are obviously expecting big things out of him. Guys like nriney and hahayourfuny provide some secondary scoring without breaking the bank. The second and third lines will be under a lot of pressure to keep up in this hellish division.

Cwooks and MrPurpleCrush are returning players from last seasons panthers and are going to be relied on to put up the same kind of performances. Meanwhile newcomer bievsea is brought in at a 7mil cap hit (the highest paid player on the team) so all eyes will be on him to lead this panthers D-core.

Between the pipes, xUnknown will be looking to channel his season 6 performance in which he accrued 30 wins. Kucheran will be the backup netminder. This will be his first real stint in the nhl and will need to make the opportunity count if he wants to stick.

I caught up with primetimme to get his thoughts on his team and which contracts he is particularly happy about and this is what he had to say:

“Jmarz @ 6.5 He's someone I personally have experience with, great player with a great mentality. Normally on a team I'll put myself in a role where i play with the "questionable" forwards and try to carry them to 2-1 / 1-0 wins. The last time I got to play with someone who I WANTED was Poland, then we traded for Jmarz late that season. We have dynamic chemistry, we're both skilled players, and I'm looking forward to a good season playing with him on a very good contract.

Stavio @ 500k I think he's gonna step up and fill a role on our third line that most teams look for in these contracts. He contacted me early in offseason with a paragraph about how he's done being toxic. I told him if he could earn a bid from me through his play I'd look past his past of being an idiot. He showed up, I put the bid on him. He's one of those players I like to take chances on and I have a good feeling he'll make me look smart. ryanwashere who used to go for 5-7 mil a season and Smiirk are 2 guys I expect to play huge roles on what I think is an underrated D core (on paper)”

4. Tampa Bay Lightning

It was very hard for me to decide who to slot into the 4th spot in the division. In my opinion you can randomly pick one of Toronto, Detroit, and Tampa for the spot and it would be hard to argue it. I think Tampa has just enough talent to edge its way in front of the rest of the pack. Novak is the owner leading the team with Devin (GM) and #RocketRecki (AGM) filling in the supporting roles.

Devin will be the man expected to lead the offense, and that is for sure nothing for the rest of the division to shrug their shoulder at. Devin has scored at least 70 points in every full season he has played and three times has finished with 79. Could this be the season he hits the 80 mark? Domsquad and Smash Fatties were the big fish forwards brought in to compliment Devin. Both are capable players but I worry that depth scoring could sink this team. Although, General420 coming in under 3 mil has the potential to give that depth a solid boost.

This defense has some bright spots but I also think it has some holes. I have never played with IcexCreamxTruck but his one season in the nhl was nothing impressive, yet Tampa shelled out over 5 mil. This could absolutely be a player that just isn’t on my radar but everyone else knows and likes but at the moment its a bit of a head scratcher for me. DontbeSaad and Ramoner(Nightmareonmyst) are 500k guys that could end up being an issue. Saad has yet to prove himself in this league and Ramoner has a bad habit of not finishing seasons. Novak and Scarcella will have their work cut out for them to stabilize this defense.

While the defense may leave something to be desired, I’m expecting a big season out of recki. So far in NHL 19 goalies seem to have a bit of an easier time of it so when the rest of the team might falter Recki should be able to keep the game close and give your team a shot to win, while once and awhile stealing a game away himself.

5. Toronto Maple Leafs

AAli is returning for his 5th go around with the leafs, aReap and Diamonddangles come in as the supporting cast. During AAli’s tenure the leafs have made the playoffs the last 3 seasons, so I am fully prepared to be proven wrong for placing them this low in the division.

Reap, Aali omfgitssmall, and Palmer (ivegotyour6) all have the potential to put up a lot of points but after that there is a pretty sharp decline. Toronto is definitely need to have an efficient spread of their top talent through its lines or I think the first line will win most of its games and the second and third losing most of theirs.

BA_Sports_Fan and Leg_al will have to basically win all of their games because those are the only two guys who they spent any significant cash on. I’d expect to see a plethora of trades trying to tighten up this defensive core, but with only 1 mil left in cap, it could be prove to be difficult.

Yoshi_swagger is going to return to his s6/s7 form after a down season in s8 to give this team a fighting chance. Anything less than stellar goaltending could be a nail in the coffin for this team in the gruesome Atlantic.

AAli had this to say about his boys:

“I was happy with my outcome for bidding. We ended up with 3 good offensive lines, a few steals too. Brought in vets likes @ivegotyour6 and @Leg_al. Signed a norris candidate in @BA_SportsFan to a steal of a contract for 2 seasons. Another steal is @Unluckeux. I am confident we can compete in the slaughterhouse Atlantic. The Leafs deserve respect this season.”

6. Detroit Red Wings

Jlm and Bloop form up the Detroit front office duo and look to make a splash in a division where most people will have them as underdogs. No AGM has been named yet and contracts haven’t been assigned so it’s a bit tough to get an in depth look at this team. They have some guys on offense like Tactfreezy, The_Blind_Ref, and Broche who can all give you a solid 50+ pts season, but I feel like they lack anyone who can be truly relied on to carry the offense and break a game wide open. James Coyle and Jasono are currently designated to the ahl roster but will be on Detroit for the start of the season and look to factor into top 6 roles.

Bloop is coming off a Stanley Cup and will need to bring that poise to a defense that really fails to jump off the page. Jayvee and Scrumzy are going to be guys that Detroit will be relying to step into big roles. There won’t be much room for error here and with two unproven goalies, It is not hard to envision a scenario where the Red Wings fall further towards the bottom of the division. On the other hand, solid play from key players can keep them in the hunt for the wild card.

Here is what Bloop had to say:

“First i want you to know jasono and James coyle are on our roster they are in AHL right now but both top 6 players. Our offseason was fairly quiet as far as trades go. We retained all of our best players at the end of last season when we finally started winning some games. Broche and jasono only lost 1 game in a 2-1 thriller vs clauses line so hoping to build off of that. Coyle trottle and ref also return all of whom finished last season strong as well. We did add jayvee in a trade to move back in the draft, who at 1m is on a great deal for the quality of player he is.
    In bidding we set ourselves a target early of spending 7m total on snizzah and alcoholicgamer and thats exactly what we spent. Also adding tact on an amazing 1.75m deal and bcrae helps us with our depth which is something a team like us needs. We also got scrumzy who i think has a game tailored for NHL 19.
    Finally we have one of the most ridiculous goalie groups in the league right now so im really excited about that.
    Not everyone knows our players, most are within their first 3 seasons in LG so arent the big names they should be yet, but we will let our play on the ice explain that.”

7. Montreal Canadiens

This is a team where if you told me they finished 8th in the division I’d believe it whereas at the same time I could see them grabbing the wildcard. Kev_f88, ryno, and APX will be the main guys tasked with burying the puck and I think all three have the potential to do so at a high rate. 3 500k forwards could end up being a problem for secondary though, so MTL will be hoping that one of them is a diamond in the rough.

This defence looks like it could be an issue all season long. Breezy is brought in at a somewhat steep 5.75 contract and is going to be expected to figure it out with several lower tier guys. The 14.75 mil tied up on two forwards needs to pay off in huge dividends for it to make up for the glaring hole it has left on defense. MTL does still have 4 mil cap to play around with so I’d expect to see some significant roster shake up. Bipolarbearjew will do what he can to help this team but I’m not sure how much help he will get in front of him. I know the Canadiens probably have some draft picks that aren’t on the roster yet, but I don’t see it changing the outcome much.

8. Ottawa Senators

Moranconda and Chaskin take over a team that holds a special place in my heart. #ShambleSzn (Fuck you Chief and Clark) Contracts are yet to be assigned as well as no AGM named at the moment. I don’t know most of the guys on this roster but at a quick look Rwatson and Ohcanada are the only two forwards to ever score 50+ pts on this team. You can put as much credence in that as you want but I would say it most likely doesn’t bode well.

Foreign Object, Chaskin, and Pucku will have to fight their asses off to get this team anywhere close to relevant in my eyes. I looked to see if any of their bidding boards were posted but sadly they are not. I wonder if this is a case of bad money management during bidding and missing out on some people you were targeting. I encourage this team to prove me wrong for their sake but I just don’t see a path for their success.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    JPHVeNoM
  2. NoSleeves12

NoSleeves12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,802 / 16 / -41
    Look for Jensen(AJRockers) and bunny on the first for sure and Odessa on the 3rd or possibly waived before game 1”

youre a winner jim. hahaha bj 100% being waived

• Winner Winner x 1
    NoSleeves12
  3. JPHVeNoM

JPHVeNoM Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JPH#8117
    Ratings:
    +130 / 1 / -2
    haha just quoting my boy BJ

JPHVeNoM
  4. New Michigan

New Michigan On the Lake

Discord:
    korey72#0
    Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -43
    go Florida :)

k72m
  5. joestud18

joestud18 Mister5Time

Ratings:
    +239 / 16 / -9
    Good Write Up....Go Tampa

joestud18
  6. ramon_and_chill_

ramon_and_chill_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bbcjr#1703
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -6
    This defense has some bright spots but I also think it has some holes. I have never played with IcexCreamxTruck but his one season in the nhl was nothing impressive, yet Tampa shelled out over 5 mil. This could absolutely be a player that just isn’t on my radar but everyone else knows and likes but at the moment its a bit of a head scratcher for me. DontbeSaad and Ramoner(Nightmareonmyst) are 500k guys that could end up being an issue. Saad has yet to prove himself in this league and Ramoner has a bad habit of not finishing seasons. Novak and Scarcella will have their work cut out for them to stabilize this defense.........

You're an asshat washed up clown. Don't ever put my name on the internet expecting not to throw hands because id beat you like giroux beats his meat to lulu lovely.

WHO THE FOOK IS THIS GUY??????????

YG FO HUNNNITTTTTTT

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. ramon_and_chill_

ramon_and_chill_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bbcjr#1703
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -6
    GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS ILL COME WHOOP YO ASS AND WHOEVER IN YOUR HOUSE HOLD

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Chaskin12

Chaskin12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 17 / -19
    Good ol ramon

• Like Like x 1
    Chaskin12
  9. DDW-_-

DDW-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,499 / 73 / -89
    What can I say me and 79 have an history.

No Streaming Account
  10. Desveaux_x_19

Desveaux_x_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Des#9269
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No mention about me being the steal of bidding, disregarding this entire post

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Desveaux19
  11. SomeoneStopMePls

SomeoneStopMePls don’t worry bout it sweetheart

Ratings:
    +327 / 22 / -153
    In Primmetime we trust

• Winner Winner x 1
    Calgross
  12. JPHVeNoM