31 Teams In 31 Days: Columbus Blue Jackets

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by CaLL Me Jakoo, Oct 8, 2018.

?

Will the Columbus Blue Jackets make the S31 playoffs?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. CaLL Me Jakoo

CaLL Me Jakoo LG Pittsburgh Penguins

Discord:
    CaLL Me Jakoo#2067
    Ratings:
    +758 / 9 / -33
    Lead-Up to LGHL S31 :

@Colonel20 takes over as the owner and leader of the Columbus Blue Jackets this upcoming season. In the past few seasons, the Columbus Blue Jackets have struggled to make the playoffs and have been a known bottom feeder. In effort to turn things around, @Colonel20 brings in high end player and center, @React 10 . React 10, also previously known as Unwxsted, has always had success since he found his way to the LGHL level. This past season as GM of the Colorado Avalanche he put up an impressive 20-7-1 season, which was then followed up with a 4-1-0 record in the playoffs. As he heads into his fourth full season, I'm sure he's hoping to post another 20 win season for these Columbus Blue Jackets. But, much like his GM, Colonel20 has also posted some impressive numbers over his last 12 seasons of LGHL experience. He's coming off of a 19-7-1 season where he was teammates with React10 on the Colorado Avalanche. These two decide to team up and hope to bring the Columbus Blue Jackets to the top of the Metropolitan division and the Eastern Conference as a whole.

Bidding :

Heading into bidding, the Blue Jackets were lucky enough to have high end defenseman, @Dannyy Briere locked up on a two season contract for $8,750,000. A big contract, but well worth it. They also were fortunate enough to have, @Herringthefish sealed up for $750,000k. Both well known and respected players heading into bidding. This all being said, the team had 8 forward spots, 4 defense spots and 1 goalie spot open heading into bidding. After speaking with @Colonel20 he seems to be fairly pleased with how well it went. They acquired some teammates from last season in, @Big Tony 16 , @Daddy Kaneee , and @Rockxt 97 . But, this time @Big Tony 16 won't be between the pipes. He's moved back up to forward where he started his LGHL career. He's always been extremely successful up front and looks to have some similar success this season in the Blue Jackets sweater while making $8,000,000. CBJ also acquired some very good and cheap contracts via bidding with @hutch2323 , @Riven2513 , @aeLgi , @BladezTML , and @l1l Sharp l0l all only making between $500,000k - $1,000,000. These low prices allowed them to spend more on someone who would play the back end where they then acquired, @NlKx5 for $4,000,000. He comes off two very successful seasons, @Colonel20 and @React 10 took notice to this. To then top off their back end, they picked up @StuffedCrustFTW @WISHiHADaDAD and @AjHcCwRsSb all for $500,000k. If the teams cheap contracts pay off, expect them to be very good and deep. Last, but not least, @Hydra IllusionZ was acquired for $500,000k to stand between the pipes for the season. If he has similar success to what he had in season 29, expect him and @Herringthefish to be a stellar goalie tandem all season long.

Current (Projected) Lines :

Forwards -
    @Big Tony 16 - @React 10 - @Rockxt 97
    @Riven2513 - @aeLgi - @Daddy Kaneee
    @hutch2323 - @l1l Sharp l0l - @BladezTML

Defense -
    @NlKx5 - @Dannyy Briere
    @WISHiHADaDAD - @Colonel20
    @AjHcCwRsSb - @StuffedCrustFTW

Goalies -
    @Herringthefish
    @Hydra IllusionZ

Projected Game 7 Lineup :

@Big Tony 16 - @React 10 - @Rockxt 97
    @NlKx5 - @Dannyy Briere
    @Herringthefish

Summary :

Like many, if the Blue Jackets get the most out of their cheap contracts, they will be deep. They've acquired some very serious depth in the right wing and left wing column. It'll be interesting to see what their third line can do this season because I think that will separate them from being at the top versus just an average playoff team. This is assuming their high end players take care of business like they should. With a top line capable of 23 plus wins, and then two lines with a bit to prove still, I think the Columbus Blue Jackets can be a sleepy dangerous team heading into season 31.

Key Additions :
    @React 10 (GM)
    @NlKx5
    @Big Tony 16
    @Daddy Kaneee
    @Rockxt 97

Key Departures :
    @LiLNickaI93
    @ImGonnaPre
    @I shaun l

• Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    CaLLMeJakooo
  2. Herringthefish

Herringthefish Well-Known Member

Discord:
    herringthefish#0
    Ratings:
    +80 / 14 / -4
    Appreciate the kind words @CaLL Me Jakoo hope to live up to expectations

• Like Like x 4
    Herringthefish
  3. l Big Tony I

l Big Tony I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 9 / -14
    you forgot to put that I'm 7.5 mil to much

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    BigTonyy
  4. StuffedCrustFTW

StuffedCrustFTW LEFT D NOT LEFTY

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    Battle bruised and scarred X1HL champion here. That Is where you go to be an E L I T E TOP 100 SKATER 500k third line warrior like me. :popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. SchIemko

SchIemko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Schlemko#9586
    Ratings:
    +305 / 48 / -76
    When's the next writeups!?

Lllmcclainlll
  6. CaLL Me Jakoo

CaLL Me Jakoo LG Pittsburgh Penguins

Discord:
    CaLL Me Jakoo#2067
    Ratings:
    +758 / 9 / -33
    Each day we're going to be looking to do one. I believe your team, Dallas Stars, is next up.

• Winner Winner x 1
    CaLLMeJakooo