31 teams in 31 days (Detroit Red Wings)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Oct 10, 2018.

?

Will the Red Wings make the playoffs

1. Yes

78.9%
  2. No

21.1%
  1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    :team10:Detroit Red Wings :team10:

Heading into S31, the Red Wings look to build upon their solid season last year which saw them make the playoffs but lose in the first round to MTL. @cj142 returns as owner but last seasons GM @Primetimme heads back to PSN to take mgmt (RIP we will miss you, it was nice having you back) CJ was able to find a replacement in ESHL elite @Jemima While he hasn't had quite the success hes had in LGHL bc hes gone for a lot of money and to some not so great teams, he had an unbelievable run last year on the ESHL circuit and looks to provide a game 7 type free contract for the Red Wings. NHL 19 should play more favorable to his quick skating, elusive moves and top of the line stick curling ways and paired with CJ at center who is one of the best two way players in the game, makes for one of the best mgmt. duos skill wise in all of LG.

Det was able to bring back a big part of their core from last season and a free of their more successful players with resigns and even win a couple back in bidding on great contracts. The Wings were rather quiet in the off season, making no moves via trades or draft, but they were able to resign 2 fantastic contracts and familiar faces in @XxNash61xX and @Bc bud024. Heading into bidding it seems DET had a pretty good plan and were able to come out with some good contracts. As I said before they were able to return a couple players from last seasons team on very good contracts. They were able to bring back @th4 x w4ll via bidding for only 1.5M after a 19W season which is one of the best steals of bidding as well as @l Regicide I who had a decent season and their starting tendy in @EgoKiller43 on the same contract as last season. DET returning core looked very solid and they had a ton of cap to work with so they went to work bringing in 2 elite game 7 dmen and Norris candidates in @Nraimondi44 on a hell of a contract at 6M (great price falls in the 1st liner price range) and then @FlowMaster Joe on a very pricey 9.75M contract which is a bit too much for anyone but with their other steals allowed them to overpay for a 1st liner and game 7 dman (this is one of the downfalls of bidding and no roster reset contracts like this and why a max contract would be great to implement) but again a great player to spend that much on if you have the cap. After grabbing those 2 studs on a steal, they decided to grab some depth and found another gem in @StamToast on a reasonable 3.75M contract on LD which the last two times he played the position went 17-6-3 and 15-5-0 and at that price is very accurate and im sure he will be paired with one of those 2 top line RD men putting him in line for a big season. The 3rd line RD spot they decide to take a nice risk on Ricky Bobby and Cal Naughton Jr Fanboy @xSHAKExnxxBAKEx for 500K who is looking to make the jump to the show after a 15-7-5 stint in the AHL last season.

With a majority of their money invested in defense and their top line fwd contracts being free and a resign, Det looked to find some nice steals and depth/chemistry players and bidding and were able to do so nicely. As I said earlier, they were able to return @th4 x w4ll on a great 1.5M contract who seemingly slotted in on their top line nicely allowing them to spread out their top 2 lines and then were able to pick up a hell of a contract in one of the better 2 way wingers in the game and maniac streamer @Basful (chug those eggs like a man pussy) (insert twitch clip). They then filled the rest of line with 500K players in @Bushook who is coming off a nice season with Nashville at 15-8-3 before that going 20-3-0 in the CHL and then @Torball99 who is a 3rd line Dman switching to FWD so well see how that works out and then a head scratcher in @Devin Decibel who doesn't have much LG experience besides last season in the AHL when he went 10-16-2, maybe he has some chem with a couple or guys and then finally a potential steal at 750K in Mr Top 1 himself scared of going for too much in bidding on D @Pandaleupagus making the switch to FWD (fucked that up most Dmen went on pretty good contracts besides Bert) who is pretty good the games ive played with and against him in the past when on fwd but I haven't seen around much in LG or even on the game so far this yr (prob on a LG mute for saying some dumb shit per usual)

Finally, in net they were able to return long time start @EgoKiller43 on the same contract as last season of 1.5M and he will look to play a majority of the games and then they were able to bring in veteran Goalie @Aerotonic who hasn't been around in awhile but when he is, always plays at a high level when playing consistently

FWDs
    @th4 x w4ll @cj142 @XxNash61xX
    @Basful @Pandaleupagus @Jemima
    @Bushook @Torball99 @Devin Decibel

DEF
    @Bc bud024 @Nraimondi44 (based on fwd line)
    @StamToast @FlowMaster Joe (based on fwd line)
    @l Regicide I @xSHAKExnxxBAKEx

G
    @EgoKiller43
    @Aerotonic

GAME 7 Line
    @XxNash61xX @cj142 @Jemima
    @Nraimondi44 @FlowMaster Joe
    @EgoKiller43

The top 2 lines of this team look very strong and have some nice chemistry as well. They should each win 18+ games and are pretty interchangeable as far as being able to play against 1st lines. The 3rd line seems to be the real question mark if that is in fact the 3rd line. How will @Torball99 adjust to playing fwd, will @Bushook be able to maintain his success but with lesser line mates and will this gamble on @Devin Decibel pay off. Defensively it is the same thing, the top 2 lines are very strong with two of the best RD in the game and very good complimentary LD playing with them but will that 3rd line of @l Regicide I and @xSHAKExnxxBAKEx pan out or will CJ and Jemima spread things out a little more to try and help that 3rd line. As far as trades go, they are in a really tight spot bc of that 9.75M allocated to Bert which again is the issue with these contracts being this high, but luckily he went to a good team with familiar faces and I have no doubt it will pan out, however it really hurts their depth and ability to trade if the 3rd line doesn't work out and with the top 2 lines basically being set and them banking on them producing; they will have to basically move 3rd liners for 3rd liners in hopes that somehow they can find the right group that will have chemistry and breed success.

I see this team as a playoff team in the east bc of their top 2 lines having the ability to win 18+ games each.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    I’m not even sure Nash is better at RW than Johnny let alone LW

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    Incorrect. You got this backwards. If there was a roster reset there would be even more steals, and therefore even more inflated contracts later in bidding.

One of the reasons this bidding resulted in so many underpaid and overpaid contracts is that the signups were good and the player pool was deep. (The other reason is incompetent bidding by some mgmt groups). So in the first day a lot of steals sneaked thru while mgmt were looking at other possible bids. Once a bunch of steals land, it just means that 'extra' leftover cap gets dumped on the remaining players. This happens even more when the rosters are entirely empty going into bidding because the bidding pool would be at its deepest

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    brandovedo
  4. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Disagree, people had cheap contracts on their roster already and we saw the steals happen anyways, look how many teams missed out on guys and had cap left over and we just had the highest priced bidding in yrs. You always argue this and that’s fine that’s your view on things and there are many others who agree with you and many who disagree with you. I also think we’d get more owner applicants as well.

Somewhat filled roster contracts and roster spots filled add to more cap room to work with in my opinion, especially bc it’s usually depth that’s filled or contracts of guys who should be worth way more like Stev and ArmyOfOne, but hey I’d argue against it to if I was in your position but I’d prefer what’s best for the league not for my team, prob why you have cups and I don’t

• Like Like x 1
    SweeT9LoU84