MASS's Player Ratings (AHL, Week 3)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by xMAssStAtiC-, Nov 1, 2018.

?

Who is the most overrated top 3 player on the list?

1. Johnkenney01

2. frite069

3. xR-ShOcK

4. KesselySnipes420

5. A_Sticky_Snake

6. LG McDonald

7. Lucente99

8. Bobby_Goggles12

9. j_sherminator

10. Tronthedon23

11. GetBigOrGetHuge

12. HorrorSeen

13. killer_habs25

14. Dzhay

15. sausaucer_16

16. Fishydangles

17. gatesse

18. QUicK_ScOpE_14

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ClumsyTurtle13

ClumsyTurtle13 xMAssStAtiC-

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +370 / 2 / -8
    This weeks player ratings are now up. Here are the top players at each position through 3 weeks of play.

Center
    1. @Johnkenney01 (69.41)
    2. @frite069 (48.73)
    3. @xR-ShOcK (47.93)

Left Wing
    1. @KesselySnipes420 (70.37)
    2. @A_Sticky_Snake (69.98)
    3. @LG McDonald (69.92)

Right Wing
    1. @Lucente99 (72.92)
    2. @Bobby_Goggles12 (68.36)
    3. @j_sherminator (66.78)

Left Defense
    1. @Tronthedon23 (47.24)
    2. @GetBigOrGetHuge (44.84)
    3. @HorrorSeen (39.90)

Right Defense
    1. @killer_habs25 (47.47)
    2. @Dzhay (46.76)
    3. @sausaucer_16 (42.91)

Goalie
    1. @Fishydangles (80.77)
    2. @gatesse (69.13)
    3. @QUicK_ScOpE_14 (69.07)

If you'd like to see the full list and see where you rank against the league follow this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xys3ImP9WW6ok0bZ4ei-NhArIGjyPzIzcCmXyKupXVI/edit?usp=sharing

Updates:
    -Changes to Defense Formula Weights
    ---Goals: 20 -> 10
    ---Asists: 30 -> 20
    ---Hits: 10 -> 20
    ---Takeaways: 20 -> 30
    ---Giveaways: -20 -> -30
    ---Blocked Shots: 5 -> 10

The defense formula is very hard to adjust since there are many different stats to consider as nearly equal in importance. So continue to give me feedback so I can adjust and tune these going forward. I hope you enjoyed the read. Time permitting, I am going to try to do a full league breakdown after week 4 since that is about the mid point.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Xmassstatic
  2. gatesse

gatesse Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 10 / -25
    Who Is that one person that voted me to be the most over rated lol

Gatess95
  3. xOneTimer

xOneTimer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 3 / -8
    You kind of messed up the system for defencemen.. How is a Takeaway worth more than goals or assists? And how is an assist worth more than goal? And how is a hit worth the same amount of points as an assist?

No Streaming Account
  4. ClumsyTurtle13

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +370 / 2 / -8
    This is how I see it and why it is how it is right now: Defense are getting rated by their ability to be good defensemen and not 4th or 5th forwards on the ice. While a defenseman who has scoring ability is a great thing to have, you have to think at what cost are they being offensive. If that same player leading defensive scoring is known to be too aggressive and let up breakaways or 2 on 1s constantly it defeats the purpose. As far as the other things go it all goes back to defense is being rated for defense whether its breakout passes by your giveaways or your 1 on 1 shutdown ability with your takeaways. If you are an offensive defensemen and you are lighting it up in points you still have a huge advantage of gaining up to 25 points in the system and then you just need to be average everywhere else and you'll be rated very highly. I understand it's kinda goofy to think of some stats being rated the same as goals or assists because at the end of the day goals are what matter but this was my thought process behind it.

Xmassstatic
  5. HasbullaGaming8

HasbullaGaming8 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +228 / 3 / -23
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. FittNASTY

FittNASTY Jeep Life

Ratings:
    +346 / 17 / -39

i think a dman who hits a lot is not doing his job.

• Like Like x 3
    fittnasty
  7. PEACEKEEPER500-

PEACEKEEPER500- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PEACEKEEPER500#9660
    Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -9
    In the other game I would agree but in this game would you rather them use R1 and trip all day.

• Like Like x 4
    PEACEKEEPER5OO
  8. ClumsyTurtle13

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +370 / 2 / -8
    What do you mean? Are you referring to them being out of position once they make the hit? Because that would make sense and is a great argument. If this was NHL18 I'd 100% agree and hits wouldn't have the weight it does. It would be at 5 which is where I had it on 18. However with how broken the poke and stick lift has become on this game hitting is all that is left in the arsenal for Dmen. With that in mind, that is why it has higher weight now. However 20 may be too high still and if I notice a shitter up high just because of hits I will reduce it some.

• Like Like x 2
    Xmassstatic
  9. GetBigOrGetHuge

GetBigOrGetHuge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1
    I completely disagree. At the end of the day if you have quality forwards, you shouldn’t be the one scoring goals, if anything you should be gathering assists on the breakout. Most teams with good offense tell there D they have enough don’t even cross the blue line and let anything silly bye. DD primary job is to take the puck away and get up on the break out. I like the adjustments. LG only rewards OD, every week there’s D man listed higher for having a goal and 7 assists, letting up 15 goals then the guy that helped secure 3 shutouts with 5 assists.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. FittNASTY

FittNASTY Jeep Life

Ratings:
    +346 / 17 / -39
    all you need to do is skate with or in front of the guy with the puck, the game is built for your player to try and take the puck. if you dont take it, it forces the guy to make a play.

fittnasty
  11. FittNASTY

FittNASTY Jeep Life

Ratings:
    +346 / 17 / -39
    you literally do not need to poke or stick lift in 19. all you need to do is skate with the guy with the puck and the game will try and take it for you. if you do not get the puck from the guy he will be forced to make a play.

we are leading the league in pen mins on baby sens. when you watch game play, without lifting the stick or poke checking, the game will animate the player to try and take the puck anyways. there is animated stick lifts in this game that i do not see people getting pens on.

this is just what i see anyways.

a hit in this game 8 outta 10 times leads to an odd man rush... when its around the defending blue line.

this is just my opinion. may not be accurate to what is happening on other peoples games.

fittnasty
  12. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Why are we calling it the "ratings for the week" when it's looking at the whole season?

bossy_22_
  13. xOneTimer

xOneTimer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 3 / -8
    I think you are missing my point, what I’m trying to say is that while I do agree defencemen should be rated by their defensive capabilities just as much as their offensive capabilities, the rarity of certain events should be considered.. It is much more common for a defenceman to end the game with 4-6 takeaways than for a defenceman to end on a 3 point night with a goal or 2... If he makes defensive mishaps, the giveaways will affect him and affect his ELO.. By the logic of his point system, a defenceman scoring a hat trick is the equivalent of 1 takeaway, in what world is that even fair? Also, prioritizing hits over assists? Assists are a result (usually) of proper breakouts and good cycling, whereas anyone can just go for a shit ton of hits.. Look at the hits leader for defenceman, he has a horrible record and like 28PIMS, plus for guys who play with smaller defenceman (PMD, OD), going for hits except for certain occasions is a relatively bad idea.. I do agree that this shouldn’t be heavily favouring OFDs but right now it’s doing the opposite which is favouring DFDs a lot more and honestly there is no right or wrong way of playing defence if your style fits the team in front of you.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. GetBigOrGetHuge

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1
    I get your point, just agree to disagree. That’s 1 guy laying hits and clearly playing just “to hit”. If a team has 1 entry into the zone and 1 dman can close out at the blue like continuously, the hit is very valuable asset and in turn is used as a system by 2 dman who work together and shut down 1v1. While I agree a hat trick should not be equal to 1 takeaway, you also want him to allocate % just as LG does to make it a straight OD rating, which again, besides very few maybe 2 I can think of, are not asked by good forwards to pass the line cause it can be handled on their own. When he changes those allocations just like LG, all a dman will be rated on is goals which is quite irrelevant. Maybe a allocation addition to assist and subtraction to hits, I can see that, fair, but the system you want you already have via LG ranks, so just sort those out and you got you best ODman. In the end I think he’s trying to make a balanced system for all positions instead of just goals and assists being murdered and I think he’s doing a pretty good job of fair valuing positions, especially one like D that completely falsified over 9 season LG ratings wise.

No Streaming Account
  15. ClumsyTurtle13

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +370 / 2 / -8
    I would like to point out that the weights for my rating system does not mean 3 goals equals one takeaway. To break it down better, it means that all of the positives add up to 100%. So scoring goals I have as 10% of a defensemens game. Now looking at this 10%, whoever the top player is in this category gets the full 10%. Everyone else gets a percentage of this 10. So if you score half as many goals as the top player no matter how many that is, you will receive 5 because half of 10 is 5. If someone ends the season with 100 takeaways and you have 20, you will get 1/5 of the 30% which is 6 but if you lead the league in goals with 17 then you will receive the full 10 for goals. So there is no 3 to 1 ratio. The weights mean how much of your overall score is affected by that category and you get up to that max depending on your ratio to the max stat in the league.

Xmassstatic
  16. GetBigOrGetHuge

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1
    I’m aware bud. Great job :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. ClumsyTurtle13

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +370 / 2 / -8
    It just seemed there was a little confusion with a few others and I wanted to clarify.

Xmassstatic
  18. OG-ZeRo-92

OG-ZeRo-92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +488 / 10 / -47
    @frite069 is like the most underrated player on this list lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877