S10 Pacific Division Standings Prediction/Write Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by MrPurpleCrush, Feb 18, 2019.

1. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    This was the toughest division to do. The teams I have at the bottom of the Pacific would do much better in any of the other 3 divisions. This is the one standings prediction that I have the least faith in being anywhere near right at the end of the season.

1) Arizona Coyotes

Hriiz and KC are back managing the Coyotes and I think they're gonna have a bounce back season. I feel like this team improved on offence and defence coming into this season. Up front their 1st line is Polgz/Saucey/Hrizz. This is going to be a dominant line that I really don't think Hriiz has to be on. Polgz and Saucey could play with a good support winger and should do just fine. It would also add some top end skill to the west line if Hriiz was on it. Right now that line is Jodach/Defenstrate/Mooresy. Switch Hriiz and Mooresy (but put Hriiz on C) and you've got 2 dominant lines. The 500k army on the 3rd line will be Flynnie/Dubz/Wolfer and though it might not be the best 3rd line it's definitely capable of getting the job done.

On defence this team looks solid. Foote and DaveyDonuts will be a pair and while I've heard mixed reviews about DaveyDonuts, he is playing with his xbox/ESHL dpartner. Maybe 5.75 is a lot, maybe it's not but, chemistry is key. The west dpair will be KC/Daris who also have a lot of chemistry and Im expecting them to have a big season together. The 3rd pair will be ObamaJackedMyXbox (No idea who you are, but I love the name) and an ECU for now until Arizona finds someone. This team has the best top 4 defence in the Pacific in my opinion and has 2 top forward lines that I think are going to give other teams problems.

In net they have Ryno and Lehk. If Ryno truly doesnt have good availability that's a hefty price for a backup goalie but Lehk should be able to handle being the starter.

2) Edmonton Oilers

This team is set up almost the exact same way as it was last season so Im expecting Edmonton to have similar results this season. Although it worked for them last season Im surprised they didn't change it up and I'll explain in a bit. Up front the 1st line is Schroyer/Akon/Shaun. 2/3 of last seasons line is back and Schroyer is in for Theos at 2 mil less. I expect this line to be dominant as is was last season. The 2nd line is Stamkos/Twiggle/Aucoin. Last season in the playoffs the 2nd line struggled and if it wasn't for the 3rd line, they probably wouldn’t have got as far as they did. Im surprised they didn't go out and get a 8-9 mil C for Stamkos to play with and a 4-5 mill winger for Akon to play with. I feel like this would really help balance the lines and give them a better shot in the playoffs. Regardless they're still gonna do fine. JD/Max20/FullMelt are on the 3rd line and as long as they're around .500 this team will make the playoffs.

On defence they brought Rsall back and he'll be playing with Stammerchel again who is enjoying his wonderful 1 mil contract. Pitcherswag will be on the 2nd pair with MikeTeeze and I think this could hurt them. Although I don't think NoSleeves is the best RD, he's better than MikeTeeze and to have Sleeves get removed after winning him and have to get a 500k 3rd pair guy at 2 mil on day 3 of bidding is tough. Maybe they'll split up Stammer/Rsall to balance the pairs. Rharmer and Kgrilli will be the third pair and neither has had a significant season in the NHL.

In net they got Jcarlos at 1mil and he was great for this team last season so no surprise seeing him back. Mochez is an xbox guy who has good AHL stats over there and he'll be the backup for this team.

3) Vancouver Canucks

Well I think it's time to give this team some respect. Plain and simple, I like the way this team looks great on paper. Their offence, lines 1-3 look really good. Bak/Chyz/JetsFan make up an extremely offensively skilled Central line. Bak and JetsFan have known each other for a while and have good chemistry. Both are also very good Vs players and their puck control is really effective in 6's. Add Chyz to the mix who has a ton of skill and this line could be deadly. The 2nd line will be Kev/Ghost/Jarrett. Kev and Ghost have played for a long time giving this team more guys with really good chemistry. Jarrett is someone I've known since old gen GmConnected/HUT days. I haven't seen him play RW yet but whether it's at RW or C with Ghost moving to RW, I think he'll be a really good fit for this line. Guila/Ringy/Namodeo will be the 3rd line and as long as blue aint trollin, I think this line will be really effective and surprise people.

On defence this team isn't as strong but they're still pretty good. Jrascia is an absolute stud on the back end and if you didn't already know, now you do. Take my word for it. He'll be playing with Mamm who I think will be a really good support guy for him. They acquired Jpinvmt in a trade and he'll be playing with Glex. I think this top 4 is good enough to get this team to the playoffs but I think they're one very good addition to the dcore away from being a serious contender. The 3rd pair is BobtheOstrich and Boots. Not a big fan of Bob but apparently these 2 have played together before so we'll see how they do.

In net the Canucks brought back DrNasty at 2 mil. No surprise there as he was vey good last season for this team. Backing him up will be iTendy who's ripped up the CHL but never played even a full AHL season.

4) Anaheim Ducks

This is the team I had the toughest time deciding where to put them. I have them in 4th because I think Class and Giroux can carry, but I also saw what happened with Vegas last season and how Giroux's season ended with the Blues. I also don't know how much Giroux actually cares about NHL anymore either. To go along with that, I think they could have done a lot better job in bidding. If Class and Giroux play together, they're going to get wins, it's that simple. If that's the case, the 2nd line should be Hyper/NyIsles/Novak which isn't a bad line at all. I have no idea who anyone on the 3rd line is but I heard that SeJerome was a really good old gen player. If that line can turn some heads this season, the Ducks could be really good.

On defence I think they spent too much on Stayathomed and AlexDrum. This team needed 6 dmen going into bidding and the depth on LD was terrible while it was really good on RD. I think getting 1 of the 2 LD's makes sense but they could have got a much better RD for the for half the price. They did do that however by getting Kebecois at 3 and Giant at 2.25 but I think getting another would have been more beneficial than spending 6 on a second LD. Their 3rd pair is Carter11c and Dshann and this Carter guy is something else. "I guess you'll figure it out later."

Ok, I really have to take a moment here to think about what Im going to say. When you're reading this, just imagine me typing and deleting because Im trying to think of the right words to type in regards to why anyone else would have the idea, or even come near the thought of getting OfficerBob AND Rancher to be your team's goalie tandem. Does no other goalie come to mind? You're just set on tossing 500k on both and calling it a day? How does that conversation with your GM go? Or in this case if Class is doing everything, what is going through your mind? So you're thinking of potential starting goalies and I don't know what would be worse? These 2 being the main guys that came to mind or if they wanted other goalies but in the end went with these 2 guys. Im honestly sorry to both goalies, I think both could be backups but not starters. Hope one of you wins the Vezina or has a crazy season to prove me wrong. I have so many questions though but I'll end this madness here and start up more madness with the next team.

5) Calgary Flames

Part of me wants to put this team here, and part of me thinks Im an idiot for doing so. Imagine a car driving down the highway over 100 mph with a bomb strapped under it, and if the car goes below 100 mph the whole car will blow up. That is the Calgary Flames. Polska, Clark, Chief, Kmac and MattHuot on the same damn team. What the fuck. The thing is, if the car keeps going at 100 mph I don't think this team will be that bad. Zam wanted me to give him all the praise, so son, take the keys, drive that car, and don't let it go under 100 mph. I believe in you! You're the best! The 1st line is Clark/LoL/Zam. An up pusher, great two way C, and playmaker who's good on the sticks. 2nd line is MattLocsta/O'Brien/JT. This line will obviously have a lot of chemistry which is key, but honestly the last time I played with MattLocsta I thought he was Stevie Wonder. The 3rd line will be a west line with Rangu/BK/Polska and while I don't think the skill level of this line is that good, if being on west helps them win games so be it.

Kmac/MattyA are the 1st dpair for this team and I am now starting to regret putting this team at 5. I think the forward line they will be playing with will actually do good though. The 2nd pair is Chief/MattHuot. The west pair is Wartorian/Moose. I feel like this is the one team that Im struggling to comment on. Straight up I just think this team could be an absolute disaster. I have them here over the next 3 teams because I think all 3 lines can win them some games, but I also think they kind of suck, Zam just keep driving that damn car. This is the weirdest write up Ive done for any team. Aids. On to goalies.

Recki is between the pipes as the starter and gives me more hope for this team. Backing him up will be WestSideHockey who had a good GAA and SV% last season with Edmonton, but lost more games than he won.

6) Las Angeles Kings

I kind of feel bad for DB. I know he hates management but every time he goes into bidding I feel like he goes for more than he should. On the bright side he'll be playing with F0G this season who he has a lot of chemistry with. They'll be the 1st line along with Moofang on the left. The 2nd line is JDE/Goostav/Snoki and while I think this line is good, the key for them to compete is going to be for Snoki to be better than I expect him to be. I have no idea who he is but if he can be a legit RW and not just a support guy, I think this team finishes higher than I have them. The 3rd line is RedFlag/Patriot/Frite. Not sure why RedFlag is on LW instead of C but him and Frite are solid, Patriot will have to prove his worth in the middle though.

On defence Flowshow/Trio will be a pair. Trio is coming of his worst season in LG and will be looking to turn that around playing with a different group of frenchies this season (Besides F0G) RyanWasHere and Mike will be the 2nd pair and both should be reliable in this spot. Mike has really improved since he was on Florida a few seasons ago and while I think Ryan is better suited as a 3rd pair guy, he is capable of playing in the top 4 with the right partner. JmeeHoff and CalmBlueIce who is coming off a 16 win +28 season, will be the 3rd pair.

In net the Kings are going with Alonzi and VinceT. Alonzi isn't terrible but I think it would help this team to have a legit starting goalie.

7) San Jose Sharks

Tough division and just too many key loses for this team has me putting the San Jose Sharks at number 7. On forward they lost their entire first line of Rico/Jcoul/Wally. This season TiDan replaces Jcoul, Stiivii replaces Wally, and JetsRock21? Replaces Rico? Last season this team's 2nd and 3rd lines were a big part of their success, and while I think the 3rd of Ragoo/Will/Troy is really good, Im not a fan of their 2nd line. Spray is back on RW for this line again but OneNutPhil is replaced by McInnis666 and GoalieGodz is replaced by possibly the worst faceoff taker in LG in LeTKess. Last season was the first time since S2 that he was over 50%. S4-S8 all under 40%! Absolutely nuts.

On defence the Sharks went out and got PteCyr at 9.75 mil. I think he's worth every penny of that but I don't think this Sharks team is the right spot for him. This team went far last season because their depth on forward and defence was fantastic. Getting Cyr really puts a dent in the depth this season. Another former Ranger they won in bidding was GamingFreak911. This guy had an unbelievable season, and if he would have been on the roster from the beginning, he would have won rookie of the year. This guy was ready to play in the NHL right out of the draft. Go look at my Metro write up from last season. This guy is a stud, and 3.5 mil for 2 seasons is unreal. Rad is back as owner and is the 3rd best dman on the team. After him however, the other 3 just don't look appealing whatsoever. I don't really need to say much except that the depth is no wear near where it needs to be for this team to come close to what they accomplished last season.

In net, both Penguins and Bnyce are returning for the Sharks and they're gonna have to be better than they were last season if this team wants any chance of making the playoffs.

8) Vegas Golden Knights

Well I feel weird about putting Vegas here but here's why I'm doing it. Last season Jay had ClassAct as his GM and this team fell apart by the end of the season. Devin was GM of Tampa Bay last season and had a career low 49 points. 13 of those coming in the final 2 games. He's now at 10.25 mil and stated before bidding that he doesn't want to play C. He signed a 2S deal but Im guessing that's for the TR and not for wanting to be 10.25 again next season. The only other 2 guys on this roster that I see providing offence are Thoma and Gui. Thoma is a natural winger but will have to C with Brandon going MIA and likely getting banned. Overall I don't think this team's top end guys and depth up front is as good as last season and it's going to hurt them in a really tough Pacific division.

On defence DannyBriere is the GM and that's a huge boost for them. Not sure how Jay waits until the absolute last minute to find a GM and gets DannyBriere, but good on him for doing so. Cmike re signed at 4 mil giving this team a 2nd very good dman but these guys need to be split up in an attempt to give this team 2 reliable dpairs. They have ImToxic, LouieDuece, IceAJ and Berrakov and I wouldn't trust any combination of those 4 to be a 2nd pair. Louie is likely going to be the 3rd pair LD at 2.75 and considering the lack of depth up front, that's not ideal to have.

In net S3TH is coming off a fantastic season with Calgary where he only had 3 regulation losses in 29 games. Backing him up will be Cxnrad who is back after not playing S9.

Well that concludes my final division write up. As I mentioned this was the most difficult one for me to do so Im expecting people to disagree with a lot of things. That's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you wanna share yours, go ahead. I would love to hear what other people think. Thanks for taking the time to read these I hope you enjoyed and hopefully Im around next season to do them again.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  2. xHyper-8

xHyper-8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    luvhyper#0
    Ratings:
    +1,160 / 31 / -54
    In Bob we trust.

(hopefully i dont look stupid at the end of the season...)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    sharks bite

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. l Ringy l97l

l Ringy l97l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ringy97#0
    Ratings:
    +408 / 18 / -29
    Good write up man

• Like Like x 2
    ringytv
  5. l Ringy l97l

l Ringy l97l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ringy97#0
    Ratings:
    +408 / 18 / -29
    #GONUCKS

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ringytv
  6. MikeeTeeze

MikeeTeeze Seasoned veteran

Discord:
    mikeeteeze#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 14 / -20
    "Pitcherswag will be on the 2nd pair with MikeTeeze and I think this could hurt them. Although I don't think NoSleeves is the best RD, he's better than MikeTeeze and to have Sleeves get removed after winning him and have to get a 500k 3rd pair guy at 2 mil on day 3 of bidding is tough."

These kinds of statements from people I've never played with or met, give me motivation to do well, so thanks. Let's talk at the end of the season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    mikeeteeze
  7. MrPurpleCrush

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    That's what I like to see! Go prove me wrong

MrPurpleCrush
  8. NAMO98x

NAMO98x it's been an honor

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -2
    it's been three weeks troll-clean for me, corporal! another great write up btw @MrPurpleCrush

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Intresting

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  10. scottychel

scottychel The Most Electrifying Player In NHL History

Ratings:
    +476 / 20 / -48
    4TH ?????????? ARE U KIDDING ME ?????????????????????????????

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    giroux
  11. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    People sleeping on CGY and mention me in the aids list as if I've ever been that aids lol. I have had arguments with people in the past but never actually requested trades or anything lol.

Regardless, good write up, always good to see other members step up and do media :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    zChieef
  12. Zamne

Zamne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,169 / 43 / -56
    thanks

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Loopxr-

Loopxr- .

Ratings:
    +572 / 21 / -73
    • Like Like x 2
    vxrloop
  14. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,294 / 33 / -46
    Bump.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Berrakov

Berrakov Well-Known Member

Discord:
    berrakov#0
    Ratings:
    +198 / 46 / -76

sirberrakov
  16. MrPurpleCrush

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    Like I said, it was the hardest division to predict and thought my reasons for having VGK in last were valid. Also VGK was in basically the same spot last season at the deadline and plummeted after that. Season is 9 weeks long but good job so far proving me wrong.

• Informative Informative x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  17. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Your prediction standing and the actual standings are pretty close to backwards atm. =P

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  18. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    MEME TEAM

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account