Rule Issue regarding East vs West

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by HurrichaneScoot, Mar 5, 2019.

?

which option would u like to see implemented?

1. Home team chooses host/connection

58.0%
  2. First connection that everyone gets into is played, NO BACKING OUT

42.0%
  1. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Home crowd does give an intangible advantage in sports. So if you think of the crowd as the connection then your analysis fails.

No Streaming Account
  2. Vish x 91

Vish x 91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 26 / -32
    Don't understand why this is even up for debate, home team should always have their connection at all times. No player, east/west is entitled to their ping every single game. I understand this argument has gotten very intense over the past couple of days and everyone seems to be blaming the "west lines" but to my knowledge it's happened on both sides where teams have backed out for their ping. Obviously every player wants to play on a better ping but if we want this league to continue growing in a positive direction, the league needs to enforce rules that benefit both sides of the debate. Being a west player I've played more games on east then I have on west, that's at 40 ping while I know some east players who get as low as 4 ping, the advantage is real and no one can deny it.

Simple fix: Home team gets their connection every time, whether it's home team searches first and tells their opponent they can search, or search until the home team gets their connection. Compare it to a playoff series where the home team gets all the advantages, it's not rocket science. Now I understand that someone's going to make an argument that "games will start later, blah blah blah" and I'll answer that by saying, either respect the rule and just be honest for once and let the home team search first, or keep having to reset the Dr and search 5x because the way the issue has been brought to light in the shoutbox by a lot of people, I can assure you that the "west lines" will be backing out until they get their ping for home games

• Winner Winner x 6
    vish_b
  3. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    I wouldn't be opposed to Option 2 and letting Home team search first, IF, there was a rule that allowed Away team to start searching at Game Time. If the Home Team can't be ready by Game Time and searching, then they forfeit their right to search first. Its just a way to make teams want to start on time, instead of waiting for their guy to finish a VG game and the Away team is just waiting to get the ok to search.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Coachx19
  4. N E E Z9195

N E E Z9195 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +226 / 4 / -5
    Like sobo said, just play it out who cares.. No1's getting anything for winning in the end outside of virtual trophy points lol ..
    It would be another story if it was eshl

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Enjoy__the__show
  5. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    So Option 2 Revised Proposal....

Home Team gets shot of having the connection of their desire. If it is not the desired connection on the initial try, Home team gets to back out and have an extra chance at getting their connection. If the 2nd attempt is not successful, then Home team can back out again, but now on the 3rd and Final try it must be played as is. IF the Home team is not searching by 5 minutes after game time (I.E. 9:05, 10:05, 11:05) then they forfeit their right to Home "advantage" and must play on whatever connection it is.

All extra attempts after the initial try, Away team must wait to search until Home team gives the okay to do so, unless Home team forfeited their "advantage" previously.

If it is proven that the Away team connected all 6 members, but still backed out to try and get host, it is a 2:00 penalty to start the game.

If it is proven that the Home team connected all 6 members, but still backed out after the 3rd and final try, it is a 2:00 penalty to start the game.

@HurrichaneScoot What do you think?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Coachx19
  6. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Let's also add in that if players manipulate their router settings in order to make it so that the game has a higher chance of picking them as server and host that they get a permaban.

No Streaming Account
  7. ScooTz-10

ScooTz-10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    Unfortunately with this type of situation u have to remove the ability for the players/mgmt to circumvent the rules by “dc’ing” before puck drop

scootz10
  8. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    What did you dislike about my other comment? And how can you prove someone’s changing their router settings?

Coachx19
  9. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    When they're the only west player in the entire game and it puts them on west repeatedly.... that's how you prove it =]

No Streaming Account
  10. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    That's damn near impossible though. Because people still do connect and then get an error screen before puck drop. Require them to take a screenshot and submit it?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Coachx19
  11. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    And I disliked your post @xSS_GotEmCoach_ because you're trying to make things too complicated and too many rules within the rule. Home team gets their host simple as that. You don't need 20 subrules for it.

No Streaming Account
  12. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    Hm I believe that happened before in one of my games, but it wasn't because of router settings, it was because the guy lived like 15 minutes away from the West Server or something like that? So I don't see that being proof.

Coachx19
  13. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    So you are ok with connecting and backing out however many times just for Home to get host? Because it happened last night for a 11est game that didn't start till around 11:30 I believe

Coachx19
  14. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    You don't like the Home team losing their "advantage" if they aren't searching by 5 after? At least it makes it fair for both sides. Home gets connection as long as they are searching on time, while also making a limit to how many times they can back out before both teams just need to play it

Coachx19
  15. ScooTz-10

ScooTz-10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    The only way I could see it working is if:

Home team chooses connection

Home team has 3 opportunities to back out and put the game on the connection they want.

Away team can not back out and if they do then it doesn’t count as an opportunity for the home team to get their connection. If away team backs out they retain a 2minute pin for the restart UNLESS proof is provided in some way to show that the it was an error and not a backout

• Creative Creative x 1
    scootz10
  16. ScooTz-10

ScooTz-10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    Ur trying to make it way more complicated than it truest needs to be

• Like Like x 3
    scootz10
  17. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    According to you someone from either West or East can pull their connection no matter who is in the lobby if they change their Router Settings, which I don't think is accurate, but lets say thats the case, and that person is on the Away team. If they are pulling their connection no matter what, both teams will be searching over and over all night.

Coachx19
  18. ScooTz-10

ScooTz-10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    Coach Nickyp was doing it. Don’t know if he still is. But from my understanding he’s the one that was doing it

scootz10
  19. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    Its a complicated situation... but the starting by 5 minutes is to get people in the DR to start the process of Home getting their connection because there will be multiple tries, as thats whats been happening

Coachx19
  20. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    It didn't happen last night... we played on East once the Home team got the connection, but that was on the 5th try...

Coachx19