Media A few questions - Western conference

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by IlFox, Mar 9, 2019.

?

Which will be in the Calder finals : Central team or Pacific team?

1. Central

2. Pacific

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    Hey guys. I know it seems early but we are already 3 weeks in. That's halfway to trade deadline and a third of the way through regular season.

I thought it would be interesting to ask a few management from each division, to answer a couple questions on how they felt about the first third of the season. Since I can't ask everyone, and I'm still tweaking on how I plan to proceed with this in the future; I chose a few people I knew and a few people at the top of their respective divisions.

With that being said, feel free to leave your opinion as well.

In your opinion, is there any surprises in the West so far?

:team362:Mackie - The biggest surprise to me in the West is Manitoba. Just because they spent over 1/3rd of their cap on one guy, had an otherwise unknown roster, and they're right behind us.

:team307:CTrain - Not too many surprises in the West for me, if I had to pick something I’d probably have to say the Ontario Reigns success has surprised me the most.

:team516:Reiders - Manitoba coming out hot while expected to be at the bottom of the barrel.

:team519:Ezreal - As a NHL guy coming down I'm very unfamiliar with the AHL guys. But, the biggest surprise for me has been how good the Pacific division is.

:team618:AirRaiders - Milwaukee's poor start. I thought they would be better with the management they have.

Out of current "non-playoff teams" in the West, who do you think is most likely to take a spot?

:team362:Mackie - My pick for a non-playoff team to take a playoff spot would be San Diego. They've got a sound core to their roster just missing one or two pieces. I can see them turning it on in the coming weeks.

:team307:CTrain - I could see the gulls turn it around in their tough division, they’re a solid team and were last season too.

:team363:Nico - San Diego gulls, their management is too talented to not be able to sneak in, that said the pacific is rough but I’m not a believer in Ontario.

:team516:Reiders - The gulls. I think they will turn it around after beating my line.

:team519:Ezreal - I feel like the Pacific playoff teams are locked in. However, in the central I feel Milwaukee might be able to sneak in.

:team618:AirRaiders - I have to go with Tucson on this one. Making some changes and hopefully it's enough to propel us in to the playoffs.

If you are to make it to the Calder finals, who do you think you'll meet from the East?

:team362:Mackie - Calder finalist from the East, as of right now Bridgeport has the scariest team. Three very solid lines after trades this week.

:team307:CTrain - The East has some good teams but I’d say the Wolf Pack will come out on top. They have the most playoff experience and have some cheap studs in bidding to put around 4thline and the boys.

:team363:Nico - If we made the Calder cup finals I think the team we’d be going up against is Bridgeport. I think they made their team even better with the trade of Croydon, but I’m not sleeping in Hartford or Belleville either.

:team516:Reiders - Bridgeport.

:team519:Ezreal - Bridgeport.

:team618:AirRaiders - Hartford. The team has a lot of great players and it's hard not to think they make a run.

Lastly, besides your team, who is your Calder cup favorite?

:team362:Mackie
    - My Calder favourite is Stockton.

:team307:CTrain - Calder favourite, probably the Eagles, Barks and Clutch were there before and will want to come back stronger and win it all.

:team363:Nico - Calder favorite? A bit tough. I think Stockton is a popular pick, but I’ll go with Bridgeport since the West will be a dog fight in the playoffs.

:team516:Reiders - Bridgeport or Eagles.

:team519:Ezreal - Stockton because teams like to gift them players.

:team618:AirRaiders - Stockton. They're a stacked team and are going to be the measuring stick of the West.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 6
    No Streaming Account
  2. tball619

tball619 Ea: tball612

Discord:
    tball619#4398
    Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -11
    “As a NHL guy coming down I'm very unfamiliar with the AHL guys. But, the biggest surprise for me has been how good the Pacific division is.” Shouldn’t be since it’s been the best division since last season :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    In World of CHEL
    yotball
  3. Ezreal

Ezreal Manic Men

Discord:
    sainnnner#0
    Ratings:
    +675 / 21 / -96
    No idea never followed the ahl.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  4. Reidxrs

Reidxrs Otters All Time Legend

Discord:
    Reids#2641
    Ratings:
    +375 / 30 / -33
    He just said he’s unfamiliar how would he know lmao jesus dude

• Like Like x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ReidersWeiners2
  5. Dreams FF

Dreams FF Free Dreams

Discord:
    dreams2x#0
    Ratings:
    +436 / 86 / -106
    :team519:Ezreal - Stockton because teamslike to gift them players.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. tball619

tball619 Ea: tball612

Discord:
    tball619#4398
    Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -11
    Why do I care? Probably only a surprise to Nhl guys who came down that the pacific is still the best. Lbs

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    In World of CHEL
    yotball
  7. An AngryFawn

An AngryFawn Yes

Ratings:
    +125 / 8 / -9
    Great post Fox! Love to see it

• Like Like x 1