* New * Community Vote - Debate "Quitting Out to Change Host" Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Should teams be allowed to quit out prior to the opening face-off trying to change the game host?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2019.
  1. Yes

27.4%
  2. NO!

72.6%
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Over the course of NHL 19 there seems to be much debate on how server selection works. Does the home team get "host"? How do I know what server the game goes to? Can you control the outcome and ensure the game goes to a certain server? etc

Most recently I have heard from players that whatever team "searches first" is the team that is what determines the "Host" of a game for Club Challenge games.

Here is what I have as officially from EA how server selection works for Club Challenge games:

"When a private session is selected via the club challenge system, the mode takes into consideration ALL 12 player's ping to each server. From there the best server for the game is selected."

Keep in mind a few things:

1. 40 ping is still GREEN and "good" connection
      * I am talking the old 40, prior to the update that shows both directions now*
    2. The system looks at the ping RIGHT at the moment both teams load into the game. Therefore there could be changes from challenge to to challenge.
    If a we have 12 users in a match up, and say 4 outta 12 ping 90 to the east and 15 to the west, where the other 8 ping 15 to the east, and 40 to the west, the western server will be selected for this game due to a game with 8 players on 40, and 4 players on 10 is a more fair game than 8 players on 15 and 4 players on 90.

So the great debate begins; "Should . LG allow teams to quit out of the game PRIOR to the puck drop to try and restart the game on their desire server?"

This is the question I am posing to the community to try and put together an official decision that would allow us to be fair.

My personal thoughts are:
    • I don't teams should be allowed to back out to manipulate the host for a game. This isn't GEN 3 NHL 09-14 where the host or server is based off the home and that is it.
    • Whatever host is selected for a game should be the game that is honored
    • With the amount of dressing room errors that occur, we do NOT need any further delays in getting a game started
    I've also been asking EA for years now to have "server selection" as an option for club challenge, and RATHER THAN SHOW A GREEN BAR IN THE MENU WHERE BOTH TEAMS MATCH UP, PHYSICALLY SHOW WHAT SERVER THE GAME IS ON. I am hoping for NHL 20, with the issues we have seen with DR errors and games going to a wrong server my requests will be answered.

What I am looking for from the community:
    • Vote in the poll
    • Give your opinion on quitting out of games simply to change "host"
    • Any suggestions you want me to bring forward for NHL 20 in regards to changes to Club Challenge

Any questions send me a DM or feel free to tag me in this thread
    -Brodie

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Didn't EA say themselves that the connection/server is based on the location of all players in the lobby, and has nothing to do with the host of the lobby? Therefore backing out won't actually change anything?

• Winner Winner x 3
    Checking my Smartphone!
    bossy_22_
  3. xKeeping

xKeeping Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xkeeping_57999#0
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -5
    This poll is just going to be west people saying yes and east people saying no...

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    navyynick
  4. SandmanHTMF

SandmanHTMF Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sandmanhtmf#0
    Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -17
    If anything the home team should be allowed to get a try but that would be it. 1 try for the home team, otherwise no

No Streaming Account
  5. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Assuming everyone in the game has a relatively stable connection, your ping to servers shouldn't change enough to affect which server the game is played on. If it's in east, it's on east; if it's west, it's west. Just play it.

If we allow backing out, where do we draw the line? Can a team back out 10, 15, 20 times trying to get their desired connection? It's ridiculous.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    radapex
  6. Cmutimmah10

Cmutimmah10 RIP

Discord:
    cmutimmah10#5781
    Ratings:
    +62 / 1 / -0
    Games take long enough to get started.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Cmutimmah10

Cmutimmah10 RIP

Discord:
    cmutimmah10#5781
    Ratings:
    +62 / 1 / -0
    Home team should make their setting for the home team when searching. No need for this to cause a restart.

No Streaming Account
  8. Ajax2592

Ajax2592 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -5
    With the amount of people playing in other leagues ,delaying a game for "host" seems a bit pushy. Maybe if a team has all fair or poor, allow a second attempt but only a second attempt. Ea sucks but here we all are playing Dr19. Don't delay already delayed games. Shut up, play with your shittyshitty ping and go home

ajax2592
  9. phoon19

phoon19 Typhoon_78_

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -1
    Fix the robotic puck covers for the Goalies and have a more Natural movement and too many junk goals. You goalies know what I am talking about!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. xxSavageDave

xxSavageDave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +195 / 15 / -16
    Im west coast and i say no. Thats really dumb lol i play every game on a 40 ping lol so you got 30 for a game. Deal with it lol

Lightxdownydav3
  11. SandmanHTMF

SandmanHTMF Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sandmanhtmf#0
    Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -17
    I voted no, I agree but if it somehow works it’s way into being yes then only the home team should get one crack at it. Otherwise what’s the point of home ice advantage

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. yoJonnn

yoJonnn xxxx

Ratings:
    +206 / 47 / -81
    Absolutely disgusting. Should be punishable by death.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. pkinpa

pkinpa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 5 / -3
    I have to agree Radicalapex. Do not like the idea.

• Winner Winner x 1
    pkinpa
  14. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    The home team should be able to take advantage and play on their desired ping.

It's just like teams travelling halfway across the country...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Jthersch16

Jthersch16 Member since S5

Discord:
    Jthersch16#8884
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -6
    Players are getting the dressing room error again so the teams are closing the app.to try to get in game ...get ea to fix that then teams will have no reason to quit before the puck drops .... until then I vote yes

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. NoThumb_Joe

NoThumb_Joe Well-Known Member

Discord:
    NoThumb_Joe#5020
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    As a central connection I don't have an issue as I average the new ping of 35-40 (17-20 old). However, there are some instances when the host delay is so bad that it takes a full 2 seconds before your player or teammates move.

I also believe that this would counter the host advantage that exists with east v west games, and could provide a fair playing field for all.

That is why I vote Yes for this debate. Not because it offers teams the chance to even the playing field, but also the fact that everyone complains about host. This would stop those complaints.

• Like Like x 1
    nothumb_joe
  17. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    @LG McDonald - I'd like to bring up the point that I can also edit my router settings so it connects only to my host 99% of the time... I know of players who do this.

• Like Like x 1
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  18. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Had teams last season back out in the playoffs to switch the connection, most notably in MTL-TOR game 7. This season it's even worse when we have away teams backing out multiple times to pull games out west. Just play where it lands

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    JClaus33
  19. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    Poll Vote: NO, I don't think players should be allowed to back out of challenges to try to "Manipulate" host for the game.

Opinion: Like @LG McDonald already mentioned, When a private session is selected via the club challenge system, the mode takes into consideration ALL 12 player's ping to each server. From there the best server for the game is selected. Backing out is only a waste of time as we already wait due to some games not being able to start because of players NOT making it into games.

Suggestions: I think that EA should NOT show connection & Show what servers or area you are playing on. I think showing the connection is only one of many issues. If the game is slow then the game is slow & you need to adjust. We have all played games that might not match up in our favor but it is what it is unfortunately unless they change something.

- Also maybe they can add an extra 3 spots in the DR so ECU's can sit ready if needed or even players can join to sit in the DR waiting to play.

- Finally I would like to see practice mode return in the club so at times players can go into the practice mode & maybe work on things with their teams. Remove Free Skate & add an online practice mode in the DR so ALL users & maybe even 12 can join in & run some practice games & plays.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    John_SheIdon
  20. KENNYHITMANHART

KENNYHITMANHART #98 C officially a monster! #scrublife

Discord:
    kennethon3000(Calgary hitmen O)#8372
    Ratings:
    +356 / 26 / -42
    I'm from the west I still say no, exactly what bossy said. Won't change anything for the better because there is no guarantee your gonna change host. Also it may cause scheduling issues, people will always try to back out to get a better connection best left as is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    kennethon3