* New * Community Vote - Debate "Quitting Out to Change Host" Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Should teams be allowed to quit out prior to the opening face-off trying to change the game host?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2019.
  1. Yes

27.4%
  2. NO!

72.6%
  1. Man-Bear-Pig

Man-Bear-Pig New Member

Discord:
    Man-Bear-Pig#5324
    Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -16
    Even if the LG community votes "No, players should not be permitted to intentionally back out of a game to search for a new EA server" there isn't anything LG could do to enforce such a rule.

Some players would simply argue "EA booted me out before the game started" and there wouldn't be meaningful change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    KingOfAllHumans
  2. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    People will just start "lagging out" in the lobby so regardless of the ruling west lines will still try and get west host and same with east players. It would be nice to just play the first time everyone gets in, just like it'd be nice to start games on time

• Like Like x 1
    Pastahnak
  3. SandmanHTMF

SandmanHTMF Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sandmanhtmf#0
    Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -17
    You guys do realize backouts could go on all night if your not happy with your perfect ping. Hell they practically do as it is now. Don’t give people a green light to do this. I refer back to jon from earth, wise words

No Streaming Account
  4. Vraz_Sniper

Vraz_Sniper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    [SAMU] Vraz_Sniper#8683
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -7
    I vote NO! For multiple reasons, If EA already selects the best server already then let them select the best server, no reason for other teams trying to manipulate which server EA selects as the best server. Also, by doing so delays the start times of games like you already stated, also why should "west coast" lines always have to play on east coast servers because majority of users use east servers. No reason to discriminate between east and west coast servers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Vraz_Sniper1
  5. Man-Bear-Pig

Man-Bear-Pig New Member

Discord:
    Man-Bear-Pig#5324
    Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -16
    You can never, ever prove when someone intentionally backs out of a matchmaking lobby. Players dropping from a game before the puck drops is a far too common occurence in NHL 19.

KingOfAllHumans
  6. xKeeping

xKeeping Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xkeeping_57999#0
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -5
    Anybody who is saying no here or argueing about this is east and plays on their desired ping 95% of the time. The person who made the poll is east, who also plays on their desired ping 95% of the time. The community is probabaly 80% east. When private matchmaking you should be able to set the server. This poll is pointless, " should we screw 80 percent of the community over, or should we screw 20 percent of the community over "

navyynick
  7. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    There has also been multiple cases this season of players in stream saying "drop out, wrong server"

• Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. Advancedhuman

Advancedhuman Director of LG Fun Development

Ratings:
    +55 / 8 / -25
    At the end of the day, is it not the point to play a game properly and fairly.
    I agree there has to be a limit. Maybe a 1 time prior game host change per team

Advancedhuman
    Director of LG Communications

• Winner Winner x 1
    advancedhuman
  9. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Being on your "wrong" connection is far from the end of the world. I've played on west plenty, the only issue I've every really had is that so many guys beat themselves the minute they find out it's west. Adjust and play on.

• Winner Winner x 1
    radapex
  10. Ols-9-

Ols-9- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Ols#8409
    Ratings:
    +174 / 4 / -15
    I believe you said it best @LG McDonald.
    "With the amount of dressing room errors that occur, we do NOT need any further delays in getting a game started"

The idea of allowing teams to make me spent anymore unnecessary time sitting in the DR than I already do makes me sick to my stomach. PLEASE, for the sake of my sanity do not allow teams to back out over who's hosting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Correct that is how they have officially explained to me how server selection works

I have recently passed along to them the communities thoughts on "searching first to steal host" Which they are currently investigating.
    I would have to agree.

It needs to be that you get into the game and it gets played
    This was changed last season as well so that teams are searching home and away. But based on how server selection is to work, this selection is irrelevant to what server is selected
    The system is designed to select the best host for all 12 skaters. Backing out the game and restarting the search doesn't guarantee a server switch.. So like everyone else said, how many times is deemed okay? I think that answer is zero.
    I ping 16-18 to the east, and 25-30 to the west. My gaming monitor is 1MS delay. I literally feel no difference from what the servers. I also played a majority of my games in S9 on the west connection seeing as 4/6 players on my line were west coast.

My opinion has NOTHING to do with me, because my performance is the same on EITHER server.

My concern is for the league as a whole. I had my first experience this week with major DR errors. The game was six periods due to triple OT and we experienced our opponent who had 9 DR errors... a 10:30 start and the game ended at 12:25... Lets throwing into the mix they have some western players so now we should be okay with quitting out to get host? We'd still be searching

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. stammerchel

stammerchel Well-Known Member

Discord:
    stammerchel#8489
    Ratings:
    +281 / 5 / -29
    But, hypothetically speaking, if the home team was allowed to back out for their connection it should only be 1 back out max, if anything

• Like Like x 1
    stammerchel
  13. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    I voted no so then I can use my west ping to my advantage even in away games. Gg

• Winner Winner x 1
    cup4bluesNHL
  14. ehDevin

ehDevin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 13 / -24
    If having the best connection is something that is desired among all users, why is there never a full West Line vs West Line matchup in a game ?

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Man-Bear-Pig

Man-Bear-Pig New Member

Discord:
    Man-Bear-Pig#5324
    Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -16
    Then you are just guessing that only the games that are streamed and players talk about freely about backing out to restart the server are the only games where players are intentionally backing out to restart matchmaking to find a favorable server.

You are going to create scenarios where some games are forfeited or management is subject to a punishment based on limited evidence, and other games where there was an intentional reset that are OK and not punishable. Because there is inefficient evidence. Or you just dismiss the evidence submitted.

A more reasonable solution to this problem is to require the LG community to have adequate bandwidth to support playing on either East or West coast server at any time.

• Like Like x 1
    KingOfAllHumans
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Let's not forget there is now a central server in player for when EAST and WEST players are in the same lobby... Yes that does NOT mean you will be playing on 15 PING, but the central server is less overloaded and will still provide a decent experience.

If you want to maximize your gaming experience, you need good internet, and a decent monitor. Makes ping basically irrelevant 99% of the time.

The last time I played a VS game where I noticed I had lag and was "heavy" the ping was like 400...

LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    This

TrooperPetterson
  18. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    This

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  19. McLxvinn

McLxvinn It was either this or Muhammad

Discord:
    McLovin#6619
    Ratings:
    +552 / 5 / -10
    I had talked about this in a thread that was made on the LGHL PSN forums.

What I had said was this; Yes, it is obviously annoying when you're not playing on your preferred connection, but I think the home team should have the "advantage" or choice on playing on their connection as they did in previous games (16, 17, & 18).

With that said, the home teams in order to get their preferred connection would need to search first & then communicate with the away team on when to search. That is the only way to prevent the constant backouts.

• Winner Winner x 5
    McLxvin
  20. Kingdano420

Kingdano420 Go ask beavis I get nothin butthead

Ratings:
    +54 / 22 / -23
    I play at shit ping and if u have a shit ping cause of a host then man up and adjust to the game play I have to and don’t cry and tell my team to restart you get the connection u get don’t be a bitch and back out cause your connection is shit big fuck no on this one

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  21. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    TrooperPetterson