Media LG QUESTIONNAIRE AWARDS EDITION

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Im4thLineWorthy, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Hi LGAHLERs,

Here is another questionnaire (Anonymous) with Feedback on who the think are winnnnerrssss.

ENJOY.

1.Who do you think is the most overrated AHL player. (Overrated as in… not good enough for your contract or stats inflated, etc.)

Hard to narrow that down to one player so many just hop into players backpacks and its not noticed for along time until they are without them from just going off of this season a player who seems to always scrub hunt and count on good line mates id have to say Wickedly Moist he dropped off this season without pigs and maple

2.What is your thought on awards as a whole? Do you want to see change? Do you think community voting should have a factor?

Id love to see a change make it more about the AHL as a whole no players in other leagues weighing in on there friends

3.Who is your Eddie?

After looking at the defensemen for a bit id say Focus TF he isn’t on the best team in the Manitoba Moose and he is 6th in points with 21(1G 20A) 3rd in +/- at (+30) and has one of the better records at (13-5-2)

4.Who is your MVP?

Id have to say Zaathal he is an excellent player and tough to face and knows how to back check he is currently sitting 7th in the scoring race with 54 (31G 23A)

5.Who is your Goalie of the Year

TheCheetahlo 33 he is 1st in Save % at (88.5) 3rd in GAA at (1.48) and has 10 shutouts which puts him 2nd in the league in that category he is a straight monster

6.Who is your GM of the year

(Im4thLineWorthy) lol naw but I think the Bridgeport group has been great lead by Laporshkin x 71

With his helpers in X OnCloudNine X and Gthumbz42o they built a solid team this year

7.The other awards factor in a lot more stats, for example defensive FWD award. How do you even choose this when so many factors this uses are broken?

This is hard to say the only way I see this working is if u had GMs or players on the team watch all the games actually give u a real choice on best defensive fwd but would be very hard to execute

8.Would you want to bring RFA back if you could?

Ya would be a nice fun twist to be brought back and add some more drama to the league is always fun

9.Would you be opposed to a new rule where IF you don’t use all your contracts at the start of the year you get additional resigns at the end of the season?

To an extent like maybe a maximum of 2 more can be had maximum

1.Who do you think is the most overrated AHL player. (Overrated as in… not good enough for your contract or stats inflated, etc.)

2.What is your thought on awards as a whole? Do you want to see change? Do you think community voting should have a factor?

3.Who is your Eddie?

4.Who is your MVP?

7.The other awards factor in a lot more stats, for example defensive FWD award. How do you even choose this when so many factors this uses are broken?

9.Would you be opposed to a new rule where IF you don’t use all your contracts at the start of the year you get additional resigns at the end of the season?

1. I think everyone thinks they are better than they actually are. You can tell who gets carried and who actually improves a line. But to answer the question, anyone who cherry picks with a sniper and thinks they are skilled.

2.I think community voting should hold some form of power but be limited. Awards tend to be a show of popularity and media members have biased opinions based on if they have teammates or friends in the running. It always tends to be the big name guys with a reputation that win the awards instead of the most deserving.

3.If you are going off stats, Belt or Thumbz on Bridgeport would have to be on your list. Guys have less GA then GP and when it comes to playoff teams have just embarrassed them. Syracuse with only 1 shot and shutting out Dimi and Reids in Stockton. They may have not played a bunch of playoff teams but none the less have showed there dominance at defending there side of the ice no matter who they are playing.

4. I was running with Dimi but after the stunt he pulled I don’t really think it’s deserving. If playoff teams matter to people, I would go off of who played the most playoff teams with the highest winning %. That to me is your MVP, I’m just too lazy to look :).

5.This is a tough one. Basically all playoff teams have a stud goalie standing on there head that bail out their defense when they make a mistake. But Cheetahlo has to be your guy, his Save % is elite and his GAA is fucking stellar . He leads both in starting Goalies which is insane. Sheltered or not you gotta respect that.

6.Without being biased since I am one. If there team continues to do well and stay on top, I would say Dunks/Smitter. They had a blow up in losing their best center and arguably best D. As far as this week is going they are still doing well and if they stay on top of their division, you can’t argue that they did an amazing job keeping the team strong.

7.Unfortunatley, this is when reputation becomes a factor. Word of mouth in the community usually dictates awards when it comes to not being able to rely on stats to prove who is superior. It’s honestly a shot in the dark when it gets to the top 3 in that award category.

9.I could see that being a possibility. If you don’t use all your contracts then it should be a 2/1 or 3/1 to gain an extra resign. That way you don’t get the benefit of having 5+ resigns after the seasons over since now you will be confident in who is talented and who is not. Honestly though, I think it’s fine the way it is

Thank you for involving me.

CT 66, 9.75 million for a guy that wins as many games as he loses. He's just not the same without Shockz and it really shows you think he would come down here and just tear it up and it's not really happening.

The only award that matters is the Calder :)

3.Who is your Eddie?
    This one is a close one and will probably come down to the last few weeks, I could see multiple people potentially winning Dimitri Nezzy xBelt are all solid choices gonna be interesting to see which one closes out the season the best.

4.Who is your MVP?
    This one is tough to choose just one guy but I could see Zaathal maybe going back to back he's having a good season over in Rochester

TheCheetahlo 33 if you take one look at his numbers they're unreal 88.5% really can't get much better than that if he keeps it up should get a lock for goalie of the year plus 10 shutouts to go along with unreal numbers

My choice for GM of the year has to go to Smitty x 12 I'm not sure how many people had this Syracuse team doing as well as they are before the season but with them leading their division and being one the best teams in the league was a major surprise to me so congrats to them.

You pretty much just have to try your best with what were given I guess which isn't much! GAME SUCKS

Sure why not

No if its not broken don't fix it

3.Who is your Eddie?

4.Who is your MVP?

1. I Fedxrov I91I Easily. Hes a great player but I feel like being second in points is a couple spots too high.

2. I think what fourth did with having 1 representative per team was perfect for voting, so it’s as even as can be.

3. One of the Bridgeport guys considering the amounts of goals they’ve allowed is ridiculous.

4. I can see it being from Packer98, Zaathal or Jared/Fourth

5. TheCheetahlo 33 Not as close as it seems.

6. Bridgeport.

7. I feel this award has to be given to someone who time and time again have been dominant on the defensive end and make it hard to cross the blue line. Jared and Teach are prime examples.

8. Nah

3.Who is your Eddie?

4.Who is your MVP?

1. ilFox
    2. somewhat a popularity contest but are usually accurate, no, no community is :toxic:
    3. Dimitri
    4. Zaathal or Jared
    5. Binger
    6. l semp l
    7. +/-, Goals against, Goals for, takeaways
    8. NO
    9. DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT HAPPEN

3.Who is your Eddie?

4.Who is your MVP?

1. Me - I am always overpaid being the commissioner. everyone things they get some sort of magic powers getting me. I'll get 60-70 points MAYBE if i have good players with.
    2. I like a vote by committee. I would always have the community vote counting as ONE vote - then have a few unbias managers have their own vote, and maybe a few staff or media guys vote.
    3. Dimitri x 91 or Lucic x 17 are the two best D i've played with and against this season
    4. No comment yet - i haven't played in two weeks and have paid much attention to the standings being a nonplayoff contender
    5. Ricky
    6. Dunks - toughest division, lost their top C and still doing well
    7. Playing experience, + -, Turnover advanced stats
    8. I can bring it back lol - I only would if it was a site system, like 24 hour bidding session
    9. 100% not giving out more resigns

The most inflated contract without a doubt is Joonetic, i do not know how someone put that much on that guy and thought it was a good idea.

I think awards is a big popularity contest/best player on the best team. In LG you hardly ever see anyone who is on a borderline playoff team compete statistically as a player on a top team as they do not have the luxury of playing with a top line. Honestly unless there is a clear cut winner i always lean to someone who is keeping up on a worse team/line similar to Hall winning the Hart last season in the NHL.

3.Who is your Eddie?
    @xl NiTeOwL lx

4.Who is your MVP?
    @The Broche , without the line that includes him and Rowski the Phantoms are a bottom 2 team in their division.

@TheCheetahlo 33

@Il VENOMx, you look at Hershey at the beginning of the year and that team should be the bottom of that division possibly worse than Springfield. With the other top teams getting gifted like a spoiled kid on Christmas their credibility of creating a good team goes down.

No

No, broken system in the AHL. NHL all you see is people bidding as high as they can without giving up a pick so screw other teams over.

Yes, having a 2 resign limit is a must.

I think Mackie is the most overrate but he's free. This season I think overrated player on contract is probably CT or Wooly.

I think Awards are broken. I think 4ths idea might help but end of it. Its virtual league and people always get screwed and salt will be everywhere.

3.Who is your Eddie?

I dont know who Nezzy29 is but when I see him play... he's a monster. Awards will probably give it to Dimitri but i think NiteOwl or Salty should be looked at.

4.Who is your MVP?

MVP if FWD: 4th

MVP D: Niteowl

MVP G : LOL Yeah right.

Cheeta or Binger. Next

Uknome or whatever.

You cant. If you get too many points you cant win and if you dont get points youre viewed as defensive... but honestly you're just shit. Wingers don't get credit make their C look good. theres no such thing as a defensive C alone in NHL.

Yes... everything else in this league is a sim why do you lose your DP after 2 season?

No more resigns. If there is only 1 OR keep 2 but after being signed once.. cant do it again.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Who ever number 8 was, I appreciate the mention

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. TheCloud IX

TheCloud IX Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cloudicus#0
    Ratings:
    +428 / 21 / -34
    Love these Q&As with the community :) always a fun read.

• Like Like x 2
    mrcloudicuss
  4. Dreams FF

Dreams FF Free Dreams

Discord:
    dreams2x#0
    Ratings:
    +436 / 86 / -106
    “I think Mackie is the most overrate but he's free. This season I think overrated player on contract is probably CT or Wooly.”

winner

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Soxfan7744

Soxfan7744 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 6 / -14
    Who’s #6?

No Streaming Account
  6. Fedxrov

Fedxrov Legend

Ratings:
    +44 / 6 / -8
    Who out here throwing shade XD. I still love you but in all honesty, I get it. I used to be terrible

fedxrov
  7. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    Shoutout to the only guy who believes in me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    GiroFocus
  8. donnybrah

donnybrah Better At EASHL Than Im4thLineWorthy

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    Did you guys forget about the league leaders in points? Both @NJ Zajac 19 and @Murdss have torn up the league all season, and @GonqZillla came in and has been fantastic as well. Huge reason why the Meese have been so potent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    donnybrah
  9. donnybrah

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    While I'm at it...

NJ Zajac 19
    18-3-1 record
    30 goals
    37 assists
    67 points
    +39

Murdss
    18-3 record
    26 goals
    37 assists
    63 points
    +39

Zaathal
    15-6 record
    34 goals
    27 assists
    61 points
    +32

Not to mention, how is CT overrated when he's 10th in points... lmfao.

• Like Like x 1
    donnybrah
  10. Im 4thLine

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197

go back to you NHL and focus more up there.

CT btw got like 10 points against rockford and has like a.500 record.

Lets not forget the League leaders have played like 9 playoff teams 4 which are fringe and 2/9 being WBS who just became a playoff team end of this week LOL.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Shockz

Shockz Hidden Potential

Ratings:
    +711 / 12 / -14
    WHO WAS #3 :sadegg::sadegg::sadegg:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    shockz_x
  12. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    :sadegg: you don't know the struggle #5

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. donnybrah

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    Don't need to focus anywhere else, knowing I carried you to a Cup PLEB.

They don't choose who they play, just not the way to go about things mate. They play whoever the fuck they're matched up against with how availability works. Does it hurt your ego knowing AHL'ers are better than you?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    donnybrah
  14. Im 4thLine

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197

U got carried to a cup... Look where you are now:/

No Streaming Account
  15. donnybrah

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    I'm almost .500 on the worst team in LG, meanwhile you can't even lead your own division in the AHL with 7 losses.

Pitiful really.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    donnybrah
  16. donnybrah

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    Also, @Im4thLineWorthy, while we're at it...

Zajac's played more playoff/fringe playoff teams than Zaathal... Just did a quick glance-over. Pretty shitty job of media if you ask me. 8 playoff teams, 2 fringe, 11 non-playoff for Zaathal and y'all go crazy.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    donnybrah
  17. Laporshkin

Laporshkin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Laporshkin x 71#9132
    Ratings:
    +975 / 85 / -173
    Whoever said @Gthumbz42o and @X OnCloudNine X are my "helpers" is out of his mind. If anything Im an helper haha

Good job on these questionnaires 4th :)

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  18. POT SHOT122

POT SHOT122 Warning Group

Discord:
    potshot122#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -6
    Damn, that’s cold blooded

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. POT SHOT122

POT SHOT122 Warning Group

Discord:
    potshot122#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -6
    @Mxckie youre overated. JK! Don’t spank me.

No Streaming Account
  20. GrittySaves

GrittySaves Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dankdad88#0
    Ratings:
    +838 / 68 / -115
    zaathal played and beat Bridgeport twice....i think the best team Murds and zajac beat was stocktons 3rd line

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account