S32 Stanley Cup Finals Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, May 11, 2019.

?

If the series goes to 7, who scores the winning goal?

1. Call Me Jakoo

13.0%
  2. Girgs

18.8%
  3. KosmicEA

21.7%
  4. Odie

1.4%
  5. OfficialMark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sbass19

11.6%
  7. Deesa Ali

2.9%
  8. shmurds

10.1%
  9. Gwan

7.2%
  10. ka2good

2.9%
  11. Other (comment I guess)

10.1%
  1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Correct Team: 2
    Correct Games and Team: 5

OK, not really a preview, but I wanted to do something a little different as the other format was a little too boring for the SCF. So we're matching LG players to guys that suited up for their respective franchise at one point in their history (and added a blurb to each with some of what the connection was). Let me know if you disagree with any or just think there is a better fit. I made it pretty quickly, so I'm sure I haven't remembered some things quite correctly. Thanks.

:team31: Anaheim Ducks

@CaLL Me Jakoo (C) - Ryan Getzlaf
    Getzlaf has been the Captain of the Ducks since the 2010-2011 season, and he's been lauded for his leadership on and off the ice multiple times. He possesses an elite playmaking ability that draws a nice parallel between himself and Jakoo and has that compete level that almost all elite players need to be successful.

@Girgss (RW) - Corey Perry
    Corey Perry can kind of do it all. He's got great hands, a deadly shot, and can get creative with his passes which allow him to create chances for himself and his teammates. Girgss takes way less penalties than Perry, but they both undoubtedly have a sense of humor.

@x1x Datsyuk x3x (LW) - Chris Kunitz
    This one was tough. Datsyuk is definitely partially a beneficiary of playing with some great players the last couple seasons, but he has that scoring touch and knows when to throw it on net. He also has some decent two-way play which seems a lot like Chris Kunitz to me.

@KosmicEA (LW) - Jakob Silfverberg
    Highly talented and flashy winger, though I'd argue Silfverberg is a bit more of a playmaker than KosmicEA. Still, though, they both kind of came onto the scene and proved their value pretty quickly.

@SweeT 9 LoU 84 (C) - Steve Rucchin
    Rucchin was a former captain, and played with one of the most gifted offensive players in his time, Selanne. He adapted to a defensive-minded grinder that could make the smart plays to the other guys on the ice. Wow, I nailed this one.

@Dangs92 (RW) - Rickard Rakell
    Dangs definitely doesn't have the dangles quite like Rakell, but there is definitely some ability their for both of these guys. They both lose the puck a bit trying to make a harder play, but they make up for it when they're able to pull it off.

@BTW8892 (LW) - Emerson Etem
    BTW has some offensive flair, but it definitely comes in flashes. He's on a lower line with a knack for offense and that just reminded me of Etem.

@PapaSwayze (C) - Matt Cullen
    PapaSwayze, like Matt Cullen, is just one of those shifty guys that makes an extra pass or a good cut and all of a sudden the puck is in the back of your net. Also, like Cullen, there are those stretches where the puck just doesn't bounce right or he's gripping the twig too hard. Cullen started his career with the Ducks and was already a wily vet when he stepped onto the ice for his debut.

@Genoo Jr (RW) - Ondrej Kase
    There are flashes of brilliance, but his career hasn't really taken off or anything. That offense sometimes comes at a price. Also, no idea who "Geno Jr" would apply to on Anaheim, so I did my best.

@Odieeeeee (D) - Scott Niedermayer
    Niedermayer could literally do anything, and many players said that Niedermayer did things no one else could do and made it look effortless. The most dominant defenseman to wear an Anaheim sweater.

@officialmark07 (D) - Oleg Tverdovsky
    Another tough one as no one really plays like officialmark from Ducks' history that really fit the bill. Tverdovsky was a smooth-skating defenseman with a ton of poise that held the puck as long as he wanted. He wasn't afraid to shoot the puck, but it often came after he opened up a lane with his legs.

@GONGSH0W (D) - Kevin Bieksa
    He performs that sort of shut-down role that Bieksa was great at, but also can move the puck and player in all three zones which Bieksa was a bit underrated at doing. Also, he'd never shy away from any challenger. Awful chirps, though.

@White_Knucklerz (D) - Francois Beauchemin
    White_Knucklerz seems a little underrated as not a ton of guys know who he is. He seems like a defense-oriented player who isn't putting up huge points, but chips in when he can. He may not hit quite like Beauchemin, but there are similarities.

@Haunted Avocado (D) - Ben Lovejoy
    Lovejoy and Haunted Avocado both have great names. They both are sort of a jack of all trades, not being the best in any specific area, but being adequate in basically everything.

@Trocity V (D) - Sheldon Brookbank
    This was a good one. Trocity had a good AHL season and moved up to the NHL where he's been good enough to stick around. That is essentially Brookbank's story as well, though Brookbank was an Eddie Shore winner. Both have some puckmoving abilities which is always a plus.

@Berthiaume x 91 (G) - Jonas Hiller
    There were a lot of good goalies that played for the Ducks, but Hiller was one of those guys that made saves that would deflate other teams. Hiller also had a penchant for letting in that softy that made fans toss their remotes. When he was on his game, though, he could be scary.

@Winston Payne (G) - Ilya Bryzgalov
    Winston is a BOG, so yeah he's got to be out there somehow like Bryz. Bryzgalov also has a cup like Winston and had some great performances in that Cup run.

:team4: Philadelphia Flyers

@DeeSa Ali (C) - Eric Lindros
    He's the Flyers fearless leader who can play a heavy, grind-it-out kind of game that mixes in that finesse that can surprise the other team. Also, they both have some unique viewpoints and got on other people's nerves occasionally.

@Sbass19 (LW) - Rod Brind'Amour
    Sbass sort of comes off more as a two-way winger that always makes the right play in the last few seasons compared to his most recent Art Ross season. Rod "the Bod" was definitely that kind of player, though a bit more physical than Sbass. Obviously Rod is a coach and Bass used to have a reputation for "coaching" players.

@iAMoee (LW) - Simon Gagne
    Some of Gagne's teammates used to say that he was just a pure sniper. iAMoee definitely has that bit of pure offense that makes them both dangerous when the puck is on their sticks.

@kcut (RW) - Jakub Voracek
    Voracek and kcut most certainly have some elite vision and great passing to go with it making them both dangerous playmakers. Voracek doesn't necessarily have a penchant for two-way play like kcut does, but close enough.

@shmurds (RW) - Reggie Leach
    Leach is a proven performer who shows up in the big games. He won the cup with the Flyers in 1975 and had 19 goals in the following season's playoffs which is similar to shmurds and his 11 goals thus far. Also, fun fact, Leach is the only skater to win the Conn Smythe as playoff MVP while being on the losing team.

@Dr Tre 2001 (C) - Scott Laughton
    He forces play up the ice and has the ability to make some great plays as well as be a menace at the net front and on the forecheck. This almost seems like a knock on Dr Tre, but if IRL hockey was like NHL 19, Scott Laughton would definitely be a 50 point player, right? #underrated

@B0SS of B0SSES (RW) - Scott Mellanby
    What else can I say, B0SS is a grinder. Mellanby was a bit of both power forward and grinder with the Flyers and @B0SS of B0SSES fits that role very well.

@TehBass x 27 (C) - Nick Cousins
    Cousins got his first taste of the N on the Flyers as a depth center which is essentially the role that @TehBass x 27 is playing, even though he has moved up and down the lineup. Both two-way players with arguably their best years ahead of them.

@sh4rpshooterrr (LW) - Ruslan Fedotenko
    Not an easy choice, but Fedotenko loved to put some rubber on net and could play a somewhat physical game when called upon. He also has scored some huge goals in the playoffs, maybe @sh4rpshooterrr will score his biggest goal yet in this series?

@Gwan (D) - Paul Coffey
    Coffey only played a handful of games on the Flyers compared to some of these other guys, but he was an absolute game-changer whenever he was on the ice with his deadly combination of skating and vision.

@AKA DA GIBBS (D) - Luke Schenn
    He's always remembered for his physical play and big hits; he's recently come into his own a bit more with his in-zone defensive play.

@ka2good (D) - Chris Pronger
    I mean, come on, it's uncanny.

@Sokastr7 (D) - Travis Sanheim
    Sokastr7 has some offensive ability as well as using a bigger guy on defense. Sanheim can be physical with his 6'4" frame, but isn't exactly known for it as his offense is touted a bit more. Still, I think, a fair comparison.

@EliteBe4TheKids (D) - Nick Schultz
    Nick Schultz was a mainstay on the Wild blueline for many season, but he was on the Flyers in his twilight years where he was really only relied upon to retrieve the puck in his own zone and get it out. Any offense or intangibles were just a bonus. Sounds about right.

@Brassard x 16 (D) - Andrej Meszaros
    A two-way defenseman who played physically and tried to be responsible with the puck. I don't know much about Brassard x 16 admittedly, but seems like those attributes are a fair assessment.

@Denisov x 42 (G) - Carter Hart
    Goalie making the jump from a lower league to the NHL and putting up some good numbers. Maybe Denisov isn't the savior of the Flyers, but close enough.

@Mr Blain3r (G) - Ilya Bryzgalov
    These goalies have their moments with the shocking saves and their interesting personalities.

Final Thought: The Flyers are certainly a scary team, but the Ducks have been here before and lost. Maybe that means that the Ducks have paid their dues, and the Flyers need to have that heartbreak before they win the cup. It's good knowing the two best teams made it to the finals. I'll say Ducks in 6 because they needed one less game than the Flyers to get past their conference final opponent.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    "The Battle of Ilya Bryzgalov Supremacy" :eek::eek::popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  3. Gwan

Gwan #9

Ratings:
    +685 / 19 / -37
    Couldn't have said it better myself :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. l Dings l

l Dings l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,050 / 68 / -126
    @ka2good with The Chris Gaptooth Pronger 99 slapshot power baby! <3

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    New EA Tuner inbound?!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Dr Tre 2001

Dr Tre 2001 TJ$

Ratings:
    +409 / 34 / -41
    #underrated. Thanks for the kind words. That's a fat ohhh yeahhh in my book. Xbox take a screenshot

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    • Like Like x 1
    Redmile89
  8. Leveskii

Leveskii Am I good yet?

Discord:
    Leveskii#9686
    Ratings:
    +568 / 58 / -128
    Nick fucking Cousins.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Leveskii11
  9. l MPG l

l MPG l Hi

Ratings:
    +38 / 7 / -13
    Oofffffff

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    @EliteBe4TheKids (D) - Nick Schultz
    Nick Schultz was a mainstay on the Wild blueline for many season, but he was on the Flyers in his twilight years where he was really only relied upon to retrieve the puck in his own zone and get it out. Any offense or intangibles were just abonus. Sounds about right.

lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  11. Blainer I52I

Blainer I52I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mr Blain3r#1121
    Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -6
    Let's get weird

• Useful Useful x 1
    BlainBlainTV
  12. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    RIP Jean-Sebastien Gigeure.

DaYoungBuck
  13. KosmicEA

KosmicEA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kosmicnhl#0
    Ratings:
    +129 / 2 / -14
    This is the most real thing in the whole post. @Dangs92 has stone hands on 123918389 ping.

• Like Like x 1
    KosmicEA