Post-Bidding Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by D4D USA, May 29, 2019.

1. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Here are Dad's tentative post-bidding power rankings. I may revise based on call ups, and I will add strengths and weaknesses once the rosters settle down. This is based off current roster with no assumptions on players switching after the face-off (i.e. Hendry on LD).

Left my own team off the list because I would either be biased or make my team hate me.

Added: Strengths and weaknesses for each team. Disclaimer – I am not familiar with everyone, especially the players from PSN, so I may be off with some commentary regarding those players.

1. Oilers
    Strengths: D-core – Arguably the best defensive group in the league. Extremely talented top 4 with @iTz x Luigi x @Remi l9l @Doughty x I8I and @FlowMaster Joe

Weaknesses: It is tough to find a weakness here, but it’s worth calling out that @jared2112 @Magneto98x and whoever their rw is will have to take the next step and prove they can win the big games in the big moments.

2. Ducks

Strengths: Forwards – In my opinion, this is the best grouping of forwards. I do not see any weakness from 1 through 9, except for @P3k1ng DuK never shutting the fuck up.

Weaknesses: As in prior seasons, the Ducks d core may not be as strong as other top teams, although I am hearing some good things about @Professor_Merana . I think the D core looks a lot better than prior seasons, but I need to see what they can do. Goalies – it looks like the Ducks are part of the common theme across the league of having weaker goalies than we are accustomed to seeing.

3. Lightning

Strengths: Center depth – Lightning have elite center depth with @Arctic Blur @SoY LoS 19 and @TheKingDaddyx , which I believe is key in building a top team. Goalies – One of the better duos with @Winston Payne and @DirtyJerrz .

Weaknesses: Top 4 D – I see a lot of potential with the d core, but the only “big name” that jumps out is @Shockz , who has been playing forward.

4. Sharks

Strengths: Top 4 D – I really like the contracts for @mayweddaa and @x Fisher 81 , which allows them to build two solid d pairings with @wayshee and @Tayyyzzzz . Goalies – another great tandem with @drally20 and @NOTEZ 420

Weaknesses: Centers – @SamDelisle9 is a top end center, but he is currently the only center on the roster. I am assuming @Tom 0 would swing to center to give them a solid line 2 option after Sammy, but I am not sure who will be on the dot for line 3.

5. Flyers

Strengths: Top end talent – I’ll take a stallion over a few ponies any day, and it looks like the Flyers would too with a number of top tier to go along with their already dominant management team: @x Hendry 91 @kcut @TurboYuri @iAMoee . They also have @Bunz McTooT who is my favorite person in LG.

Weaknesses: Players playing out of position – while they have a lot of big names, most of these guys are playing a secondary position, so they will need to show they are versatile.

6. Canadiens

Strengths: D-core – I really like what @Karmuh x 86 and @Gabseh did with the d-core here, picking up @LEGAL x 76 and @Gladulov . @Lord x Finesse should also be a solid fit for 500k. Goalies – here is another duo I believe is at least top 5 in the league with reigning vezina winner @Charyzen and @ThaiUp34535 (he’s good at g).

Weaknesses: Center depth – Karmuh and Gabseh struggled to find a legit center for their line last season, and it appears they were not able to address the need in bidding. This leads to questions about who will serve as the top line for the Habs since their best center @rG Breezyy will be staying with @Lorenzo x 24 I would assume.

7. Hurricanes

Strengths: Forwards – the Canes are built similarly to the Ducks, having solid forward throughout. This will allow them to throw out a good line for any game. Another strength is @DavosJB will be able to call his own games.

Weaknesses: Bottom 4 D – After @Ragey23 and @mR Hit DaT there are some question marks with guys that will need to prove themselves this season. No True #1 G – I like both of their goalies, but one will have to show they can serve as an effective starter.

8. Devils

Strengths: @Sbass19 at $8.5M – One of the best players on one of the best contracts from bidding. RGD will be able to find guys that work with him. I also think this team has a solid d-core.

Weaknesses: Top End Chemistry – @xWeapon 21 is a great player, but I do not see him and bass working well together stylistically. This leads to questions marks when the Devils need to load up a line for the biggies. Another weakness is that Bass will probably be traded after week one due to @Really Good Dad trading addiction.

9. Senators

Strengths: Center Depth – I really like this center group with the good little player @PureRippin leading the way and having @Dip City Don and @JiggleJuiice to follow him up. Another strength is that the Rated R founding fathers are reunited, only thing missing is Gurn.

Weaknesses: Top 4 D – They seem to be lacking a bit of firepower for the top 4 d pairings after Johnny Appleseed. It may be a non-issue having 3 defensively responsible centers.

10. Coyotes

Strengths: Top 6 Forwards – I like the options the Yotes have to build two solid lines with some combinations of @AMalcs @Zigg989 @Zarvek @R0tes @EthanF74 @BioIogics

Weaknesses: Goaltending – This may be the weakest goalie tandem in the top 10.

11. Capitals

Strengths: Top 2 Lines (forwards and D) – I think the Caps have enough talent to form two solid 5-man units, especially having @Coreymac27 .

Weaknesses: Line 3 Looks a Mess – Not sure what they are going to do with their third line, and after typing this out I want to move them down a few spot, but I am too lazy.

12. Blackhawks

Strengths: Not having me as owner and not resigning @Lyons x 63 . Talent Up Front – Hawks have a lot of talent up front, but it looks like they missed on some bids. They will need to figure out what combinations will work.

Weaknesses: Re-signing @Lingross . Their starting goalie @BizyBounce likes to yell at his injured teammates lying on the ice in the fetal position to cover their man. I see two other potential weaknesses based on the current roster – @Givemedings16 will either have to play C, separating the dynamic duo of him and @mferra32 , or they will have weak center depth after mferra. Luckily they have a good owner that will figure it out this season.

13. Blues

Strengths: Trading @Burns I9I . Solid D Core – some nice pickups in bidding to go along with @xW 4 R D , acquiring @x TERRY x 77 and Grim @MagiikStix

Weaknesses: Leadership – Can this management group keep it together this season? They added @ArchambauIt as AGM, so it should help.

14. Maple Leafs

Strengths: Top 6 Forwards – The Leafs will be able to have two good forward lines 1. @Moesof17john @SweeT 9 LoU 84 @Antonucci x 15 and 2. @Samkos91 @Gilbzey @Wesley Snip3zzz

Weaknesses: Top D Men – @SoberFawn547292 is capable of playing on a top line, but they were not able to land a big name D man in bidding.

15. Wild

Strengths: Forwards – @VVaGs82 did a good job securing his line and adding talent to fill out the top 2 lines, most notably The Stiff Rocket @Stifmeister x 7

Weaknesses: Back-end – Wags has confirmed that there will be some call-ups at d, but it currently looks weak. Along with this, they have a weaker goalie duo.

16. Red Wings
    17. Penguins
    18. Jets
    19. Stars
    20. Bruins
    21. Kings
    22. Golden Knights
    23. Canucks
    24. Flames
    25. Predators
    26. Blue Jackets
    27. Islanders
    28. Panthers
    29. Avalanche
    30. Rangers
    Weakness: @Pattelite is a birdbrain idiot

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Like x 26
    • Winner x 6
    • Bad Spelling x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. aHuff21

aHuff21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 16 / -20
    Let's go yotes baby

• Like Like x 1
    ahuff21
  3. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    where all the write up i'm a little disapointed :(

• Like Like x 2
    xspezzal19lx
  4. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    its better than nothing at least.

TheHeroicDuck
  5. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    :hat-trick:

No Streaming Account
  6. Dreams FF

Dreams FF Free Dreams

Discord:
    dreams2x#0
    Ratings:
    +436 / 86 / -106
    BUZZ

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    true but it like the other power ranking that LG did i wanted to read something this is a little boring.

• Like Like x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  8. Farfadet92

Farfadet92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 12 / -29
    farfadet92
  9. The Gr8 Haxby

The Gr8 Haxby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 9 / -18
    Wow dude wheres my mention! @D4D USA

No Streaming Account
  10. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    nobody ever does nhl write ups except goon :( You should make one patt it would be great to hear your thoughts on all the teams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  11. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    • Like Like x 2
    footenhl
  12. Lingross

Lingross Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 19 / -40
    How drunk?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Lingrosss
  13. Tom 0

Tom 0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104 / 13 / -34
    4 Pacific teams in the top 10 sick team swaps

• Like Like x 2
  14. IM HEARTLESS323

IM HEARTLESS323 IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    nope sorry, try again

• Get Good Get Good x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    im_heartless323
  15. DDW-_-

DDW-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,499 / 73 / -89

3 Pacific teams in the top 3.. that what I see. Good team swaps

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. l Doughty l

l Doughty l Jeremy

Discord:
    Doughty#9625
    Ratings:
    +456 / 27 / -57
    Atta boy dan!

• Winner Winner x 2
    Doughtyy_NHL
  17. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    If I could I would throw a tomato at you

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  18. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    these rags!!!

No Streaming Account
  19. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    I said I’m gonna add it soon you imbread. Didn’t have time, and people wanted me to post it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  20. Coreymac27

Coreymac27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coreymac27#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 15 / -13
    d4N the Man USA

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account