Smit's Annual Pre-Season Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by SmiTTy x 12, Jun 2, 2019.

1. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Well its that time once again, bidding has been basically completed. (Minus a few 500k Randoms) And everyone is wondering how their team stacks up. So Tris usually posts something about power rankings and using some kind of algorithm, even though its a fun read its hard to predict players changing postions.

IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE, AND GET BUTTHURT EASILY, PLEASE STOP READING NOW. DON'T RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE

Without further ado, Season 33 Pre-Season Power Rankings

Eastern Atlantic

The Top 3 teams in this division are SUPER close so don't be surprised to be a battle all season.

1.) CharLIT Checkerboards [​IMG]
    SOOOOO at first I really thought a few other teams were going to be ahead of the checkers, but after bidding the Atlantic looks wide open and with the amount of firepower Broche went and won in bidding they could be the team to beat. I really would've liked to see them go and get Buk a high end D-Partner but if your scoring 4-5 a game guess that doesn't really matter until playoffs.

2.) Bridgeport Striped-Pussycats [​IMG]
    Brisan makes his return to the AHL and it shouldn't be any surprise that GB521 is in his back pocket. These 2 have been tied together in one way or another for past so many seasons, cant tell if its because GB feels bad for him or he's been held hostage with leaked nudes. Would've liked to see a little more firepower on forward, but when you spend 9+ mill on one player its bound to happen.

3.) LeHigh Valley Ghosts[​IMG]
    So Goostav put up some CRAZY numbers last season and decided to take a team in the A, if his momentum from last season is anything to go by then that phantoms could have a pretty good season ahead of them. Expecting to see Bettylou called up which would be huge for the LW situation. Should'[ve really really spent that 5.25 on a proven stud goalie though....

4.) Wilkes Barrie Baby Pens[​IMG]
    Neil returns to management for another run this summer season, honestly this team could really make some noise if they make the right trades down the road. They start the season with some very good depth players, and not many "holes" to fill maybe just upgrades.

5.) Hershey Gummy Bears [​IMG]
    Ok Krawch don't get too upset ill explain why initially i didn't put you all in the top 4. At forward you guys are actually pretty balanced and should have no problem posting up numbers, its your backend that scored lower this season. Niteowl is the only higher end player you guys have, and is a huge overall step down from last seasons Belleville squad.

6.) Springfield Thunderpigeons [​IMG]
    Thunderpigeons for the Playoffs!!!! So I don't want to talk down about my landing spot after bidding but lets just say I would've done a few things different. But hey its not my team, Bardock is a old friend from like VHL days and used to be a STUD so if he can get the dust off his thumbs might be the best pickup of the entire bidding. Here's to hoping Swizz has a few tricks up his sleeve and Poopie doesn't feel the need to micro manage moves to improve their roster.

7.) Hartford Puppies [​IMG]
    Huge step backward from the Hartford we are all used to, lands a few big contracts in Drxma and Sawse but I honestly think they completely forgot they have to play defense also. Like you all know that "Oh shit" moment when you realize you forgot something? Well Yea... they forgot 8 Positions

8.) Providence Baby B's[​IMG]
    I really really don't know what to say about this one, Overpaid players everywhere but maybe they will get 3rd lines and still make it enjoyable an summer.

Eastern North
    1.) Cleveland monSTARS
    [​IMG]
    HOLY let me just say this division is the one everyone wants to be in. EASIEST way to make the playoffs is to come to the north. Guess all the white-walkers thinned out the competition when they broke through the wall. LOL see what i did there! Hilarious! Anyways , Cleveland has the most complete team depth wise in this division and their only immediate concern is who's going to play LD.

2.) Binghampton Tasmanian Devils [​IMG]
    Initially I didn't think the Devils were going to be that good and maybe its just the division but either way the Devils will be in the playoff baring an implosion.

3.) Belleville Commissioners [​IMG]
    Just at first glance this team has like 2-3 Bogs or high ranking LG guys, maybe that way every issue they have will get solved super quick. Czap will carry the team in his giant level 3 backpack and the team will do enough to make playoffs but I wouldn't expect the long run like last season unless big trapes are inbound.

4.) LAVAL FREAKING ROCKETS !!!! [​IMG]
    YES THATS RIGHT Laval and Dudley are in the top half of their division! Dudley has stuck through arguably the worst team and season ever! To emerge in the top half of his division with a pretty decent roster. DoWinkle for 500k is a steal and CroydoKnight had a great season last year, Not to mention my bff old D Partner Butta over there, this team will FINALLY finish fight to be at .500

5.) Toronto Maybees?[​IMG]
    So Broomball always gets a lot of crap about "stay in the C" and reminds me alot of Moist actually where everyone hates on them and I don't really know why? lol Anyways my man Keapps is good for at least 15-18 wins and from what I've heard about Scopes in net this team has potential.

6.) Rochester American'ts [​IMG]
    Ouch.... I REALLY REALLY REALLY thought when Clxthchy and Nylander brought their line over from
    Colorado that this team was going to be a force in the east. But now after bidding I feel let down looking across their 500k army of a roster I have NO clue what their roster is going to look like.
    7.) Utica Comment's Below [​IMG]
    Short and Sweet, 1-2 players wont make it through the season without a ban, Aarskog is a beast great guy, Ferocious will be called up-Small and fast, chance to be elite is everything didn't get forced cross crease.
    8.) Syracuse got Crunched [​IMG]
    This team will not resemble last seasons, so many over paid players and most have NEVER had a season over .500. Wish you all the best of luck.

Western Central
    1.) Iowa Wildebeasts
    [​IMG]
    The Wild are re-tooled and ready to be the team to beat in the central this season. All around COMPLETE depth coming out of bidding, should make a deep push for Mem cup.

2.) Manitoba Meese[​IMG]
    Manitoba find themselves in a unique situation, they probably have one of the best teams in the central but also have a ton of cap if a TRAPE opportunity came around. Focus might be one of the best contracts in the AHL at 500k, along with all the depth at forward should be a fun summer in Manitoba.

3.) Grand Rapids Eagle Lion Birds [​IMG]
    Rinse and repeat this is the old Syracuse team form last season. Will live and die by their defensive game and trap, and will also drive some players on their own team crazy and want out. Much love for deceptive and wish them luck, still look to be missing that one special piece though.

4.) Milwaukee Privates[​IMG]
    Not familiar with many of these guys who aren't management, that being said checking into their past season stats seem to have some decent depth throughout their roster. BoBrow will clearly be their starter in net and can only expect an above average season from Milwaukee

5&6) San Antonio Rumpelstiltskin[​IMG] and Rockford Icepiglets [​IMG]
    The middle of this division is really really hard to separate in my eyes, San Antonios advantages are on the defensive side with their back 6 and forwards who play D. And Rockford seems to be all Offensive , really think they shot themselves in the foot getting all RD's but maybe that was the plan and can switch handedness.

7.) Texas Falling Stars[​IMG]
    Wish these guys the best of luck, have some familiar faces in Horse and Ghost running the show and would be nice to have them surprise everyone with a playoff run. Think they have 2 lines who can go 4-2 on the week, all comes down to that 3rd line...

8.) Chicago Endangered Species list [​IMG]
    I Literally don't know a SINGLE person on this team, the name says it all. Endangered species list

Western Pacific
    1.) Bakerfield Overpriced Condos [​IMG]
    Plain and simple, best depth in their division. Think the overpaid for a few guys but then again a few went for cheaper than expected so that's a wash. Not sure if they will land any of their Draft Picks but that would be a huge bonus on top of what they already have.

2.) Colorado BaldPeoples[​IMG]
    This is probably the hardest team to predict what their roster will actually look like, they have like 25 draft pick contracts and a full training camp before anyone is even assigned to them.

3.) Ontario Rammered [​IMG]
    Danglez was one of my favorite RW's to play with but his avail was always terrible, still amazing contract at 750k should be closer to 2-3 mill when he goes to bidding. Unfortunately Ontario fall victim to having a stud division ahead of them, it'll be a battle all summer.

4.) Stockton Heaping Pile[​IMG]
    I think anyone would be happy to be apart of this above average roster, great steal in Space saving them 2+ Mill in cap. Will be interesting to see what moves they make to jump ahead in the division.

5.) San Diego White Crows [​IMG]
    This team is so confusing, Bills and Deesa could both be in the N and then they have NHL D men now playing Forward. Not sure what to expect here from San Diego but itll be intersting to say the least.

6.) San Jose Fish Food [​IMG]
    I totally understand that KSP is a good player but paying 8 mill for a player who just scored 40 points on the BEST team last season is insane. Unfortunately in doing so it really hurt the lower depth of this team and now have a few CHL guys now starting.

7.) Tucson Twig Legs [​IMG]
    Crazy thing is I still think that Tucson being 7th in their division will still be right at .500 just goes to show the real strength of all the other teams.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like x 27
    • Winner x 7
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    SmittyTV
  2. glex

glex Underrated - Over it

Discord:
    glex#0001
    Ratings:
    +243 / 6 / -19
    Man, If Danglez got us to 3rd in the division by himself. Just imagine what happens what happens when the other 16 players on our roster play.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    @Goostaav does nothing and gets all the credit. I'm mind blown.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Berube x 9

Berube x 9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +652 / 53 / -42
    Focus will be in the N

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Laporshkin

Laporshkin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Laporshkin x 71#9132
    Ratings:
    +975 / 85 / -173
    I fully agree that @UniqueSniperr is overpriced.

Good writeup as always :)

Edit: Iowa looking for a Mem Cup? LOL

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. bicUwUious

bicUwUious Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gucci6305#0
    Ratings:
    +489 / 25 / -17
    Charlotte is bad disregard this. We have @Nxgi and he’s literal cheeks. @The Broche hasnt won a thing, send us 3rds

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Mt Willard

Mt Willard Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mtwillard#0
    Ratings:
    +392 / 29 / -39
    Part of the 500k army here thanks for the shout out

Mtwillard
  8. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    LOL us endangered wolves. Great write up tho buddy.

ChiSouthSiderr
  9. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    Strength in backend only spend 2 mil seems weird

• Winner Winner x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  10. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    FUCKING RIGHT MEM CUP HERE I COME

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  11. SchaefaXIV

SchaefaXIV G.O.A.T, Chat Presence

Discord:
    Schaefa#6956
    Ratings:
    +576 / 72 / -87
    Charlotte looked really good and then they dropped a bid on a LW named Schaefa and I questioned if they would even make playoffs after that

• Informative Informative x 1
    Schaefa14
  12. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Better not have three BoG lol. Rule is two

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. Zilla7861

Zilla7861 zilla#5819

Discord:
    zilla7861#0
    Ratings:
    +78 / 16 / -9
    Meep Meep

• Winner Winner x 1
    zilla7861
  14. C0R3Y1992

C0R3Y1992 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thetowelboy6#3677
    Ratings:
    +172 / 25 / -28
    well that was mean :(

• Winner Winner x 1
    C0R3G4MING
  15. KrawcH v2

KrawcH v2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +652 / 20 / -22
    CNN

• Like Like x 1
    krawch61
  16. PitcheRxSwaGx

PitcheRxSwaGx Swisscheese, now traffic cone

Discord:
    pitcherxswagx#0
    Ratings:
    +855 / 162 / -77
    Rip Chicago

• Like Like x 1
    Santaklaus42
  17. That 1 Odd Guy

That 1 Odd Guy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 3 / -2
    Good write up. Good luck to everyone.

xOddGuy
  18. James HetfieId

James HetfieId Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 21 / -19
    Under rated, under appreciated... Seems like everyone else knows more than I do about my own team... Until... :thinking:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Schweenster

Schweenster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -3
    Above average roster. You speak too highly of us.

No Streaming Account
  20. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +4,999 / 139 / -217
    Thanks for taking the time on doing these, they're never easy ;)

*Disclaimer* I do have nudes, but daddy doesn't kiss and tell.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Lokix6x