NHL esports

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by NoSleeves12, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Born2skate_

Born2skate_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 3 / -6
    What about bringing back gliding and being able to move your stick whitout losing speed ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    turmoilzzz
  2. OGPotsie

OGPotsie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    OGPotsie#7620
    Ratings:
    +164 / 10 / -12
    At this point anyone expecting drastic improvements with this franchise is kidding themselves. They can't even get the server/code/connection issues acceptable and they've been pushing out the same game with different tuners for 4 years. It's a small team working for one of the shittiest companies with literally no competition.

• Like Like x 1
    OGPotsie
  3. Tychi66

Tychi66 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -2
    connection and D/r errors for the love of jesus' babies

No Streaming Account
  4. Tychi66

Tychi66 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -2
    also back skating is incredibly unrealistic

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. bigdogrex

bigdogrex free agent RD

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -6
    Stick checking needs to be more realistic. One handed lunging desperation pokes can be a button, and if out of position should result in a penalty. But 99% of stick checks need to be both hands on stick, shorter range requiring better position, and zero chance of a penalty. If I’m squared up as a defender, poke through the puck into skates I get a penalty.

RNG will have to be completely removed from the penalty system.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Mugfxrd

Mugfxrd Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    completely get rid of the ability to pick a loose puck/oncoming pass up when you are facing the opposite way. one of the most annoying parts of the game, you cant intercept a pass that is coming right at you but the other team will pick yours up when they are facing backwards.

MUGF0RD
  7. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    Get them to dumb the game down a bit more. We need to narrow the skill gaps. Just have one set build for every position too.

• Funny Funny x 4
    Redmile89
  8. NYC_1Ts

NYC_1Ts EASHL Forward From The MFing Hood

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -13
    The NHL 20 features list doesn’t make you think Rammers team is focused on eSports, or really anything.

They need to focus on 6s and making it entirely void of any BS. Connection issues h e to get fixed and to gameplay needs to be pure. Until that happens they will be trying to have competitions with computers that are basically simulating humans. “Chemistry” in franchise mode is a massive step back and they clearly aren’t getting the landscape of gaming right now.

nyc_1ts
  9. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    One thing that was really grinding my gears this year and I believe a bunch of others was the inability to unlock things that we have been able to unlock during the whole franchise by actually accomplishing certain things.
    In EASHL, every "Pro" customizable item should have a set goal to attain in order to unlock the particular equipment items. All the other World of Chel specific items/cellies/emotes can be in bag for all people care.
    But it's not normal that the only thing just about everyone wants and has been getting by attaining 1st prestige for years, most of us still do not have in June even though we are maxed out as far as player level.

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. jaZz134

jaZz134 Jackie #2069

Discord:
    jazz134#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 11 / -24
    Turn off incidental contact

No Streaming Account
  11. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    My simple suggestion and one I'm sure alot can agree on is that NHL is not ready to be an eSports game. Not by a long shot. EA needs to focus on the gameplay mechanics and errors before it is worth their investment trying to turn this into an eSport. I would also suggest the server in Idaho or whatever get's the boot and EA creates an actual north american central server. My reason being for the server is how bad watching eSports would be west vs east with similarly skilled players. Home team is always going to win by a good margin and dominate toa. My reason for EA not to rush the game into eSports is very simple. If they do it wrong and it doesn't do well it will most likely take longer to recover from that failure than it will for them to create a eSports ready product if they are serious about that and are putting the resources needed into it. Next thought to add is this EA needs to stop catering to the new players in the community and focus on turning this game into a real eSport if that is what they want to do with the game and it seems to be. Don't stop with stuff for new players completely but there is no reason club/hut/vs or whatever can't have a significantly different tuner than drop in, ones, etc. It is afterall a sports game that is made about a league that has a huge following. If you do eSports well enough it will be in the spotlight enough to both attract players from that group of people that watch the NHL but maybe don't play the game, as well as bring back/bring in players that either have moved onto other games or don't see a reason to play this game right now. I don't think trying to grow the game more internationally would be a bad thing either hockey is starting to become a fast growing sport in non typical markets such as Asia. There is room for EA to capitalize on that.

No Streaming Account
  12. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    They used to have this. It was pretty pointless

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. GoHawks496

GoHawks496 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +952 / 91 / -129
    Not while waiting for a game. Last time I played a NBA 2k game you could shoot around with your teammates while waiting for people to dr and looking for a game. Was better than looking at a screen that just shows the usernames.

• Like Like x 3
    GoHawks496
  14. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    paragraphs are thing u know?

but i agree with this 100%....the first half, didn't read the rest bc the wall of txt made me dizzy. fix the servers, its a joke the difference between west and east connection in a game that's only north america. legit feels like playing connection that is across the world. i doubt they will ever fix the servers bc good servers costs lots of money, and pretty sure with the nhl franchise EA is trying to minimize expenses anyway they can to maximize profit.

icallsowhat55
  15. Professor_Merana

Professor_Merana Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 1 / -16
    @NoSleeves12

1. 6 vs 6 needs to be played on Olympic Ice (this is by far the most important change that needs to be made). It is almost impossible to get a zone entry during a high-level competitive game given the 0-5 trap. No one wants to watch a game where both teams have 3 minutes TOA and the shots are 6 to 6.
    2. Eliminate 5 minute major penalties.
    3. Take away the tie up on faceoffs. This will make the game flow better.
    4. Take away injuries.
    5. Obviously server issues.
    6. Find a balance for the stick lift and poke check. Don't make one more OP than the other.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. Danny_Dangles_

Danny_Dangles_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 23 / -277
    I agree that the trap is an issue as it makes for a boring brand of hockey. That being said. It takes real skill to break it and patience. Changing the ice surface is a start but some may not be happy with the fact it is an olympic size. Changing the timing of the game (i.e.clock settings) would allow for more realistic shot numbers and ultimately more chances and different looks. This would allow for more strategy to develop as the game is longer as well.

DannyDangles
  17. Danny_Dangles_

Danny_Dangles_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 23 / -277
    Dekes are also useless in this game for the most part. The game has become an L2 finesse, which looks very strange to the average onlooker and doesn't look impressive to say the least and doesnt remotely resemble real hockey. Buff the dekes so they arent extremely slow and serve an actual purpose.

• Troll Troll x 1
    DannyDangles
  18. Toeffoli

Toeffoli Well-Known Member

Discord:
    toeffoli#0
    Don’t matter probably some where out west
    Ratings:
    +592 / 24 / -69
    They should not waste there time on NHL it’s a lost cause.

AnthonyLive
  19. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    You are right. Cancel the game. See yall on fortnite

premierplayer
  20. tdk_95

tdk_95 Wannabe RD

Discord: