Community Discussion: NHL 2K10: Could EA learn something from a 10 year old game?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by SmarshY-29-, Jul 9, 2019.

?

Would a clash of nhl 19 and 2k10; best parts of both games be a good product?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2019.
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. S-mxrs-H

S-mxrs-H Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    Watch the video below to see some of the cool offerings, quick menus, realistic gameplay and animations from 2k10.

Just trying to hopefully have these "gamechangers" maybe bring this idea to the devs? Even though it probably wont do shit.

A game that is almost 10 years old has better game menus and animations then a current generation NHL 19 which is kinda sad.

Granted EA has good graphics and good customization options for arenas etc but just watching this video below made me realize how awful nhl 19 animations and how bad and no effort EA puts in just to rush the game to the consumer.

I thought this was interesting to compare and possibly would like to see NHL 19 and 2k10 CLASH for nhl 20 and I could see this game being worth a $60 price tag, obviously with current rosters and current skating and engine. Obviously would want them to fix DR errors fully.

Watch from beginning to see different offers of menus and the quickness of the menu speed.
    SKIP to 9:30 to see the gameplay animations etc.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. S-mxrs-H

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    No Streaming Account
  3. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    The video you linked is literally made by a game changer.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GingerNHL

GingerNHL ELEET VS PLAYER HERE | Pronouns are Shee/Sh

Discord:
    Ginger#1826
    Ratings:
    +1,910 / 44 / -144
    i see this video has hit everyone's recommended feed

• Like Like x 1
    xGlNGERR
  5. S-mxrs-H

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    Well its a lack of knowledge from my part. Since this was made in January I would hope something was said.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    No Streaming Account
  6. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @SmarshY-29-,

NHL 2K10 definitely had / has a better one ice animations & essentially completed then the past EA games have produced. The only problem is that it feels that EA will continue to put out products that aren't good in regards because they have NO competitor to try to stay up on. They can continue to put out essentially the same game with little to NO update to it year after year & people will continue to buy it. Obviously there is mixed feelings between people who play HUT & people who play club / 6 v 6. I am a 6 v 6 guy with NO interest in HUT but that's what makes the money unfortunately. So that's where they will continue to improve the game. It's unfortunate because if they don't change anything in regards to 6 v 6 & improve some of it's features then I think my NHL playing days will come to an end because playing the same game year after year is starting to get old. Improvement needed to be made #1 is puck physics & the animations & customization. That's just my personal opinion.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    John_SheIdon
  7. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -102
    Although customizations are cool and all but having great gameplay will improve the game in every game mode. The dekes in the current nhl are beyond broken and thats why its barely used as much. Appearantly players can do a datsyuk flip with ease but not a simple windmill deke?

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. Ryan_x_28

Ryan_x_28 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ryan_x_28#6675
    Ratings:
    +800 / 30 / -71
    I remember being a big 9 year old grinding NHL 2K10 on the Wii, great times!

• Winner Winner x 1
    ryan_x_28
  9. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Out of curiosity, do the gamechangers still provide constructive criticism to the developers in order to produce a better game? For the most part it just seems like it's now a media program to support content creators.

With that said, supporting content creators is a good thing, but it would be disappointing to hear that the original goals of the program have been abandoned.

Recently read an article that stated EA is aware of the "toxic community" surrounding EASHL. Hoping there are checks in place to filter out constructive criticism towards the game, rather then labelling the entire community as toxic. Also disappointing considering EASHL still contains matchmaking and ping issues, so I really hope the devs do not see the toxicity as unwarranted.

With social media it's becoming ever more prominent to see game developers and their community interact in order to create the best game possible. From my perspective, it feels like the community has struggled to have their voices heard for years now, and it also seems like those channels of communication from the community to the developers decrease every day.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Sloshy97
  10. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    Ive been saying that for years now for both NHL and Madden. Without any competition nipping at their heels they have ZERO reasons to actually improve the games beyond superficial features and re-hashing old features claiming them as "new". Madden at least got to the point that enough people complained that they started to slightly, only slightly, improve things because of how massively popular it is. Unfortunately, I just don't ever see this being the case for the NHL series because the sales numbers are just not there compared to Madden and FIFA. I mean just look at the sales numbers for this past seasons games between the three sports: NHL 19 0.72m (0.43m PS4, 0.29m XB1), Madden 19 3.72m (2.21m PS4, 1.51m XB1), and FIFA 19 11.37m (9.15m PS4, 2.22m XB1). NHL gets completely blown out of the water in regards to those two which understandably leads to EA not giving two shits about NHL beyond its initial release really and upgrading/updating a few things for HUT since that makes them more money. The worst part about this situation is that EA doesn't own exclusive rights for NHL at all. It's just simply a situation where no other company is wanting to make NHL games because they don't sell enough and that trend will continue when people each season hate the product that is put out and stop buying the games altogether.

In my opinion, EA just needs to go for broke on the game one time. Take the risk of it being a massive flop and make the game legitimately great with the features that players have been wanting for years and put the money in to its development. At that point, if doing that doesn't turn the game series around at all then they'd know they've basically tapped out the market for the series and that its not prudent of them to continue making that series. Part of me wants to just say for them to take a loss in profit with NHL since they make so much more with their other games but no company is willingly going to continue to take a financial loss year after year but why not try just once to change everyones minds about the series in one go and have their last stand with it essentially.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    memphisonfirex
  11. DjinnJee

DjinnJee Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DjinnJee#6518
    Ratings:
    +18 / 8 / -2
    I think this screenshot kind of sums up EA’s mindset and confirms the above comments on lack of production = lack of competition. We’re basically 2 months away from release and have ZERO info on all these “amazing” improvements they’ve made to the franchise.

Attached Files:

DjinnJee
  12. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Original goals haven't been abandoned, there was a rebranding off all content creators to also be named "game changers" that is being reverted for the upcoming year w/ content creators now being called the "playmaker" program. I think it was a mistake to combine everything under 1 blanket term when the members of each program have vastly different roles even if some people were actively involved in both programs.

I can't sit here and say I honestly feel the game has chosen the priorities and direction I would have personally wanted but I definitely feel as if the game changers do communicate openly and honestly w/ the development team and the criticisms and feedback are heard.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. syngizzam

syngizzam Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SynGizzam#4893
    Ratings:
    +121 / 3 / -6
    If the only gameplay differences are "pick ups" and shot animations. I will be severely disappointed.

SynGizzam
  14. erinssilence

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    Don't worry they've said there will be over 400 new goalie animations that will goalies to score on themselves more often then ever!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    memphisonfirex
  15. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    The menus in old gen games were very fast and fun. They tried to make them appealing visually but its aids as fuck to get through

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. S-mxrs-H

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    Thats what it seems like right now but i obviously wanna see what happens. That's what was in the trailer.

No Streaming Account
  17. S-mxrs-H

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    I 100% agree. My road is coming to an end with these games and which will just lose them more money. Unless they can fix the servers, fix the game matchmaking and just fix the basic principles of hockey. Feel like its an ever evolving circle of problems in the game each year. Theres always something wrong.

No Streaming Account
  18. lx JoneZ xl

lx JoneZ xl Goaltender

Discord:
    lxJoneZxl#2720
    Ratings:
    +234 / 24 / -35
    You will never get drastic gameplay changes because it seems that ever since we switched to next gen consoles nobody knows how to code anything fast/properly. Games on old gen changed a lot year to year, now they barely do anything at all.

• Creative Creative x 1
    lxjonezxl
  19. erinssilence

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    I think the main reason for that was because on the old gens every developer wanted to showcase their abilities and what new things they could make. Everything back then was new and everyone wanted to out do each other. Now the consoles are just so advanced that the only time you see any sort of huge, drastic gameplay changes is when they switch to an entirely different game engine and have to reconfigure all their previous codes to work there. But, somewhere along the way I think develops lost sight of what actually mattered. They started putting more effort into fancy loading screens or menus rather then the actual gameplay. Like I get that it looks nice to see my skater stand there and twirl his stick in the DR but that is 100% absolutely not necessary to the game. All that processing, all that coding, all that work could have been used to do something that actually mattered. That's where the old gen games have new gen games beat at it. Old gen new its limitations with processing capabilities and made the decision to focus on the gameplay itself and simplify menus. New gen games try to do both rather then not fix what isn't broken.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    memphisonfirex