s28 Redraft

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by trevwings, Jul 10, 2019.

1. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    Since @goonderk went and got himself banned and lost his fire for LG(again), I'm gonna do my own redraft because I'm tired of waiting and media is dead. So without further ado, let's get into it. If you disagree with my picks fuck off and make your own because media is hard

There's a lot of talent here that's real close in my opinion, but with the first overall pick in their inaugural season, the Vegas Golden Knights select...

:team676:1. @Gabseh. With the crop of first line talent at forward in this draft, this was a tough pick, but I think he has the edge over the others. He has more ESHL success than anyone else in this draft class and Vegas is getting a bonafide first line and game 7 left wing.

:team7:2. @jared2112- not much to say about this guy. I have a lot of history with him and his brother, and I've watched him grow from someone just learning the game into an absolute stud. At 2nd overall, New Jersey has their first line and game 7 center

:team7:3. @NINETY ElGHT- with 2 picks in a row, New Jersey is getting the dynamic duo. Like his brother, Jared, I watched and played with him as he grew into the elite owner that he is today. Great player and an even better guy. Anyone who has ever been on a team ran by this guy knows that he always makes the right moves, and I have no doubt in my mind that he has a cup in his future.

:team31:4. @I HDC I- with the 4th overall pick, the ducks are getting an absolute rock on the blue line. You won't see him make flashy plays, but his success with the underdogs in ESHL shows that he can hang with the best, and Anaheim is getting a steady presence that will hold it down on their top line

:team74:5. @MxnsteR 95- noticing a pattern here? At 5th overall we have another underdog, Carolina is getting a smart player with the puck that rarely makes mistakes. It was an absolute joy playing with both he and HDC last season, and it showed me that they're the two best D men in this draft.

:team8:6. @React 10- he would be higher if he was still around and active these last 2 seasons. Elite thumbs and vision. Colorado gets an elite first line C/RW

:team12:7. @ChinxRS- how he was the 14th defenseman taken in the original draft just blows my mind. Admittedly i've only played with him a couple times, and I guarantee dings is gonna comment how he should be higher, but for my money, he's the 3rd best d man in this draft. At 7 the rangers get a great puck mover that can hang with anyone

:team31:8. @justlax10- another top line RW that can hang with anyone. not much more to say. He's tried his hand at defense in recent seasons, but at 8th overall, Anahiem gets a RW that can play with and against anyone and give you a chance to win

:team4:9. @Project EBZ- at 9, the Flyers are getting an absolute beauty in saucin. He'd bitch at me if he wasn't in the top 10, but I do think he deserves to be here. I've probably played more games with this guy in the past 2 NHLs than anyone else, and I know he's a skilled LW/C that can beat anyone when he has the fire for the game.

:team75:10. @trevwings- I dont know how to talk about myself without feeling self-indulgent, so I'll keep it to a minimum. At 10, the Hawks are getting a guy that can fit in on their top line or drive their 2nd line

:team11:11. @m3x1cAn NiNjA- at 11, Edmonton is getting a shifty forward that can play in anyones top 6.

:team7:12. @APX x 93- i feel like he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets, at least in terms of his thumbs. New Jersey is getting a solid top 6 forward here

Starting from pick 13-18, we have a crop of top 4 d men that are too close for me to really rank any of them over each other. So their placements here are mostly arbitrary.

:team31:13. @PeteyMaCx11- at 13th overall, the ducks are getting an absolute beauty in petey. His elite party presence and good defensive skills make him a solid top 4 defenseman for them.

:team77:14. @BubbleKushZ- at 14, Nashville gets a solid defensive d man. Put him with a puck mover and he's the kind of support D man you want on your top line

:team6:15. @REDWINGSSPEEDY1- at 15, We have another solid d man. He's more of a two way player than the guy above him, but like bubble, he's a staple in any team's top 4, and Columbus is extremely happy with this pick

:team27:16. @Schwifty Tip- you don't really hear about this guy a lot, but every time I see him play i feel like he's criminally underrated. This guy is really good with the puck and the Islanders are getting a defenseman that can drive their 2nd line

:team14:17. @Chyeeet- I had absolutely no idea this guy was as good at D as he is when he had his coming out party with the yotes last season. At 17, Washington is getting a steady two way D man for their top 4.

:team5:18. @Doanxr- rounding out the crop of top 4 d men, we have doan. He's improved a lot in his decision making and is a solid all around player. Montreal isn't upset in the slightest to end up with him

:team74:19. @Dip City Don- there are people that don't know how good this guy is, but at 19 Carolina is getting a good 2nd line forward

:team31:20. @lVl e w T w 0- this guy is absolute aids and you do not want him on your team, but he does have skill and I can't deny that. At 20, Anaheim gets a 2nd line fwd here that has versatility in the role you want him to play, as long as you can rein him in

:team76:21. @I3aby Bass- this guy just gets better and better every season. the kid has a lot of heart and grinds the game every day. At 21, the Kings get a dependable forward that can play up and down the lineup

:team8:22. @Chicago Liights- at 22, you don't expect to get a guy that can play in your top 6, but that's exactly what you have with chicagolights. He hasn't had a lot of success in the NHL as of yet, but put the right guys around him and you will be pleasantly surprised, as the Avs would be by getting him at pick 22

:team27:23. @getzlaf9815- Oh where did things go wrong? He could've been way higher on this, but like so many others, he lost his fire for chel. He was a very good 2 way defenseman in his short 2 season NHL career, and at pick 23, the islanders solidify their top 4

:team17:24. @l5l Dangle l3l- like getzlaf, he lost his fire for chel. When he was around, he was a decent top 6 RW, but he fell off the face of the earth. At pick 24, Vancouver gets a RW that knows how to play with good players

:team12:25. @Bureee- at 25 NYR gets a good 3rd line forward that won't cost

:team31:26. @NewMapleLeafs- this guy was highly touted coming into the draft, but he really has no experience in the NHL at his main position(rw). I'm at a bit of a quandary when it comes to where to place him, but I know he has skill, so let's just throw him here. At 26, Anaheim takes a chance on somewhat of an unknown

:team391:27. @Samkos91- Sam has come a long way. Cousin of @Gilbzey, he's had people around him to teach him to play the game the right way, and is currently getting better playing on a line with gilbz and wes. As it stands right now though, Winnipeg is getting a solid lw for their third line

:team31:28. @I TeMoZ I- at pick 28 the ducks get a support d man that can play with your teams best d man and not be a complete liability

:team74:29. @Makar x 16- i think hes gotten better and still has potential to improve, but in my view, the Canes are getting a decent third pair D at pick 29

:team31:30. @HeroOfTime17- he has potential to be way higher on this list, as he has won most that there is to win at the AHL level, but it's yet to be seen if that can translate to the NHL level, as his brief stints in the NHL have made him look rather pedestrian. At pick 30, the Ducks get a player that can safely play on their third line, but has potential to move up the lineup

:team31:31. @Marchand x l63l- with the final pick of the first round, the Ducks get a third line LD that can contribute offensively

:team31:32. @Big Wet May- with the first pick of the 2nd round, i wanted to give a little shout to may. when he actually commits himself to playing tendy, he's a great starter and is without question the best goalie of this draft class

With that last pick, that'll wrap up my mock redraft. I'm not really adept at this whole media thing, so I prolly won't do more of these, but I was bored not having a life, so here we are. lemme know what you think

• Like Like x 32
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Fxwst

Fxwst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 28 / -53
    Good read man

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. PeteyMaCx11

PeteyMaCx11 555

Discord:
    PeteyMacx11#2465
    Ratings:
    +989 / 34 / -73
    What a draft class!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    PeteyMacx11
  4. Laporshkin

Laporshkin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Laporshkin x 71#9132
    Ratings:
    +975 / 85 / -173
    That 21st pick was for my Ahl, not taking @I3aby Bass here

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. PeteyMaCx11

PeteyMaCx11 555

Discord:
    PeteyMacx11#2465
    Ratings:
    +989 / 34 / -73
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    PeteyMacx11
  6. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Good read, if you do this again you should add under each person where they were originally drafted, otherwise very solid Trev

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Nice, good job

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. clutchcolbs

clutchcolbs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    clutchcolbs#5251
    Ratings:
    +73 / 11 / -5
    Do more!

• Winner Winner x 1
    UncleMerIin
  9. NINETY ElGHT

NINETY ElGHT Warning Group

Discord:
    Ninety Elght#9689
    Ratings:
    +827 / 29 / -86
    • Like Like x 3
    NINETYElght
  10. trevwings

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    thought about that, but thats a lot of work

No Streaming Account
  11. Chyeeet

Chyeeet Bruh man fif floo.

Discord:
    y e e e t#6086
    Ratings:
    +153 / 6 / -19
    Very nice

No Streaming Account
  12. Chyeeet

Chyeeet Bruh man fif floo.

Discord:
    y e e e t#6086
    Ratings:
    +153 / 6 / -19
    Drafted right before snipeshow here yuhhh

No Streaming Account
  13. Leveskii

Leveskii Am I good yet?

Discord:
    Leveskii#9686
    Ratings:
    +568 / 58 / -128
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Leveskii11
  14. trevwings

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    At @Gilbzey's suggestion, here's my mock redraft with the players' original draft positions and how much I've moved them up:

1. Gabseh
    - original position: 3 (^2)

2. Jared
    - original position: 116 (^114)

3. 98
    - original position: 99 (
    ^96)

4. HDC
    - original position: 7 (
    ^3)

5. Monster
    - original position: 9 (
    ^4)

6. React
    - original position: 2 (
    v 4)

7. Durk
    - original position: 23 (
    ^16)

8. Lax
    - original position: 12 (
    ^4)

9. Saucin
    - original position: 47 (
    ^38)

10. trev
    - original position: 17 (
    ^10)

11. Ninja
    - original position: 28 (
    ^17)

12. APX
    - original position: 5 (
    v 7)

13. Petey
    - original position: 16 (
    ^3)

14. Bubble
    - original position: 26 (
    ^12)

15. Speedy
    - original position: 105 (
    ^90)

16. Schwifty
    - original position: 42 (
    ^36)

17. Chyeeet
    - original position: 93 (
    ^76)

18. Doan
    - original position: 40 (
    ^22)

19. Dipcitydon
    - original position: 31 (
    ^12)

20. mew
    - original position: 4 (
    v 16)

21. babybass
    - original position: 73 (
    ^52)

22. chicagolights
    - original position: 90 (
    ^68)

23. getzlaf
    - original position: 14 (
    v 9)

24. dangle
    - original position: 8 (
    v 16)

25. bure
    - original position: 88 (
    ^63)

26. newmapleleafs
    - original position: 89 (
    ^63)

27. samkos
    - original position: 48 (
    ^21)

28. temoz
    - original position: 43 (
    ^15)

29. makar
    - original position: 70 (
    ^41)

30. heroOftime
    - original position: 36 (
    ^6)

31. marchand
    - original position: 11 (
    v 20)

32. may
    - original position: 82 (
    ^50)

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  15. l Dings l

l Dings l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,051 / 68 / -126
    OMFG WOW HOW IS DURK NOT NUMBER #1:sadegg::sadegg::sadegg:.

lmao jk good write up trevy baby:flames:

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. Stoner x 95

Stoner x 95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 43 / -59
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    Alot of great players in that draft, thanks for the mention trev :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    riorio56tv
  18. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    riorio56tv
  19. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Just for funsies, we would've taken Monster at 2 if he hadn't switched from D to C before the draft.

No Streaming Account
  20. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    And let me go to Vatty.. thanks monster

riorio56tv