Oils Great Goalie Debate

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by xO i L C i t Yx, Aug 9, 2019.

1. xO i L C i t Yx

xO i L C i t Yx Tommy Salo

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    Welcome to the Playoff Goalie Debate!!!!!!!

Hey everyone oilcity is the name and rating goalies is the game lets breakdown each matchup and look at the goaltending situation!!!!

ROUND 1 MATCHUP checkers go head to head with Hershey

charlotte boasts a solid player in @l Bousquet l I've had the opportunity to play against this player the goalie fundamentals are solid really has great side to side movement. He is going to need to be a difference maker for this team if they expect to go deep into these playoffs. Now a wild card is looking at @Mr Blain3r don't know much about this player as im new to LG but he has a ton of experience and they will need to lean on him if the starter has a cold spell.

shifting my attention to Hershey we have none other than @Devilz R3aper I've had the opportunity to play many games against him when he's on he is on guy can steal games which is exactly what you need in a Goalie. I'm personally looking for big things from him. now when we turn and look at @ZiggyP6 looks as if he's been positive but acquired some losses and hopefully can turn it around in these playoffs.

Oils Edge -the experience in the backup position for charlotte makes the difference.

Round 1 matchup Phantoms take on the baby pens

Let take a look at WBS what can I say about @Dan x 39 that hasn't been said already. He can turn whole series upside down by himself its going to take a lot to beat him. long story short guy is an animal. But can he shoulder the load? @kucheran1214 is relatively inexperienced goalie as a backup but these playoffs are all about making a name for yourself. Here's your time to shine buddy.

Lets shift to the opposing team LHV in net we have @LUCKY SnowGoon and @Czap17 snow goon is a fairly solid tendy and czap is a fundamentally sound goalie I've played both and this seems to be a very hot and cold duo. When they are on they are on but there has been some inconsistency can these boys get hot at the right time and carry LHV to a title??

Oils Edge- I think the inconsistency of LHV against the reliability of WBS
    is gonna be the diff my edge goes to WBS.

Round one Matchup Utica Against those marlies lets dive in

looking at Utica we have ol @SamSchwartzy guys another monster goalie boasting 31 wins this season and hes backed up by @PHJ314 who tossed in 23 of his own with only 5 losses in regulation. these boys have had a hell of a season going to be very tough to beat.

switching our attention to the marlies we have @xAKUx Reaper who I played in the Mem cup last season and don't let this guys stats fool you he can carry and more than likely will. backed up by @rovert78 who ive also played with he can be very solid goalie I think he gets bitten by the inconsistency bug but will be ready come puck drop.

Oils Edge- I know most of these goalies and it looks very one sided on paper for Utica but I've seen reaper do great things. edge to Utica I think the goaltending duo is special here and is one to watch.

Round one matchup we look at the rampage and those griffins lets look closer

on the griffins we have @GreatHAMbino67 and @Waxibono I have to give an oil shoutout to hambino he has had an incredible season 29-9-5 unreal a huge backbone of that trap everyone complains about. You need a great goalie to make that work now mr waxi has a good history of stepping up when needed I think this combo will be another must watch as long as waxi brings his A game!

Shifting to look at the rampage we have @I PowerPak I and @x Genesys Qc mr Qc has had an incredible season 24-10-4 but for some reason its been a rougher on for powerpak who is generally right up there with the best of them. powerpak needs to step up in a big way in this series.

Oils Edge- Has to be the griffins here but look for powerpak to make a statement. my money is on hambino to continue to make that defence look amazing!

Round one matchup looking into the wild against them shoutbox champs the moose

I have no choice here but to start with the wild and @Tatar l21l not sure what this guy is on but man 35-12-4? pron the best G right here in the playoffs if @XxTHEMASTERQCxX can find a way to stay positive in wins look for some upsets. tatar can easily carry an average team to a cup best of luck.

Shifting to the moose these boys are no slouches with @Master Sh0tgun and @TheGreech between the pipes these guys are gonna be a very hard team to beat. Greech is a very fundamentally sound goalie and these guys are gonna be a very hard out. What a great series in Goaltending!!!

Oils Edge - This is gonna be tight but I think its hard to stop the tandem of greech and shotgun Qc needs to get some wins to help tatar.

Round one matchup those eagles and condors

I'm gonna start with Bakersfield because I happened to win a cup with @oIts Not Rock hes paired with @thekiller15000 who had a great season. I believe my boy rock needs to find his groove again and when he does he can steal games. killer has had a great season going 28-16-2.

Now the Eagles are going to be a daunting team to play in these playoffs with @Trash Tender and @MattakaTiny2 unreal season for these boys both goalies have only lost 6 times in regulation each! unreal season boys.

Oils Edge- has to go to the eagles here both incredible successful seasons lets see if the eagles can continue to replicate that success.

And last but not least we have Stockton and ontario

On the Reign we have none other than shoutbox hero @HowToFIFA8 and @Binger both goalies have had spectacular seasons both amassing at least 20 wins. I've witnessed FIFA stand on his head many times and expect nothing less in this series from him.

Moving to the Heat we have @igetblunted247 and @Nastyy aF blunt knows how to win games and change the outcome in a game by himself nasty is relatively inexperienced but he's been successful.

Oils Edge- has to go to the Reign here but if nasty can win his games the then blunt could easily carry them far on his shoulders alone.

So in closing thanks for taking the time to read this, this is my first ever post and would love feedback. Remember these are my opinions only and are not set in stone. Goalies are people to and generally end up being backbones of the teams they play on . remember everyone remembers the goalie that bails them out. Congratulations to everyone that made it and best of luck moving forward. OIL OUT

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. xO i L C i t Yx

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    Round one matchup missed lol my bad new here!
    the monsters and the Americans

@qnpsdub and @Shloopsgotpoops both incredible goalies have had some games with both these guys are incredibly solid and talented in net 27-11-1 for shloops is incredible going to be a tough tough team to beat.

shifting to the monsters we have @I Eden l and @SithSoul both incredible talents I cant believe I missed this matchup. this is going to be insane the goalies are so even.

Oils Edge- the difference will be consistency in here which goalie duo can pull thru can the monsters upset here? I think the Americans pull thru on this one folks.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Formatting could use some help for sure haha.

But good article none the less. @Czap17 has looked wonderful ever since he's become a Phantom. Looking more like the Hard carry he was for Belleville last season than the 7-16 G that he was before joining us.

Keep the media coming fellas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. xO i L C i t Yx

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    Thanks first article I’ve ever attempted good luck!!!

No Streaming Account
  5. Pooder Zero

Pooder Zero Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,163 / 9 / -45
    FRENCH NEEDS MORE PICTURES.

Solid write up, well thought out. Will share with the boys.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. xO i L C i t Yx

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    Thanks so much I’ll figure out colour for the next round haha

No Streaming Account
  7. Larsbone

Larsbone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Larsbone#9887
    Ratings:
    +201 / 21 / -8
    Thanks for the write up. Like everyone else said -- work on the format so it's reader-friendly and you're golden.

Lars

• Like Like x 1
    larsbone
  8. Pooder Zero

Pooder Zero Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,163 / 9 / -45
    Welcome to the Playoff Goalie Debate!!!!!!!

Hey everyone oilcity is the name and rating goalies is the game lets breakdown each matchup and look at the goaltending situation!!!!

ROUND 1 MATCH-UP
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

The Climb:
    Charlotte boasts a solidplayer in @l Bousquet l I've had the opportunity to play against this player the goalie fundamentals are solid really has great side to side movement. He is going to need to be a difference maker for this team if they expect to go deep into these playoffs. Now a wild card is looking at @Mr Blain3r don't know much about this player as im new to LG but he has a ton of experience and they will need to lean on him if the starter has a cold spell.

Shifting my attention to Hershey we have none other than @Devilz R3aper I've had the opportunity to play many games against him when he's on he is on guy can steal games which is exactly what you need in a Goalie. I'm personally looking for big things from him. now when we turn and look at @ZiggyP6 looks as if he's been positive but acquired some losses and hopefully can turn it around in these playoffs.

Oils Edge:
    The experience in the backup position for charlotte makes the difference.

ROUND 1 MATCH-UP
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

The Climb:

Let take a look at WBS what can I say about @Dan x 39 that hasn't been said already. He can turn whole series upside down by himself its going to take a lot to beat him. long story short guy is an animal. But can he shoulder the load? @kucheran1214 is relatively inexperienced goalie as a backup but these playoffs are all about making a name for yourself. Here's your time to shine buddy.

Lets shift to the opposing team LHV in net we have @LUCKY SnowGoon and @Czap17 snow goon is a fairly solid tendy and czap is a fundamentally sound goalie I've played both and this seems to be a very hot and cold duo. When they are on they are on but there has been some inconsistency can these boys get hot at the right time and carry LHV to a title??

Oils Edge:
    I think the inconsistency of LHV against the reliability of WBS is gonna be the diff my edge goes to WBS.

ROUND 1 MATCH-UP
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

The Climb:
    Looking at Utica we have ol @SamSchwartzy guys another monster goalie boasting 31 wins this season and hes backed up by @PHJ314 who tossed in 23 of his own with only 5 losses in regulation. these boys have had a hell of a season going to be very tough to beat.

Switching our attention to the marlies we have @xAKUx Reaper who I played in the Mem cup last season and don't let this guys stats fool you he can carry and more than likely will. backed up by @rovert78 who ive also played with he can be very solid goalie I think he gets bitten by the inconsistency bug but will be ready come puck drop.

Oils Edge:
    I know most of these goalies and it looks very one sided on paper for Utica but I've seen reaper do great things. edge to Utica I think the goaltending duo is special here and is one to watch.

ROUND 1 MATCH-UP
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

The Climb:
    On the griffins we have @GreatHAMbino67 and @Waxibono I have to give an oil shoutout to hambino he has had an incredible season 29-9-5 unreal a huge backbone of that trap everyone complains about. You need a great goalie to make that work now mr waxi has a good history of stepping up when needed I think this combo will be another must watch as long as waxi brings his A game!

Shifting to look at the rampage we have @I PowerPak I and @x Genesys Qc mr Qc has had an incredible season 24-10-4 but for some reason its been a rougher on for powerpak who is generally right up there with the best of them. powerpak needs to step up in a big way in this series.

Oils Edge:
    Has to be the griffins here but look for powerpak to make a statement. my money is on hambino to continue to make that defence look amazing!

ROUND 1 MATCH-UP
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    The Climb:
    I have no choice here but to start with the wild and @Tatar l21l not sure what this guy is on but man 35-12-4? pron the best G right here in the playoffs if @XxTHEMASTERQCxX can find a way to stay positive in wins look for some upsets. tatar can easily carry an average team to a cup best of luck.

Shifting to the moose these boys are no slouches with @Master Sh0tgun and @TheGreech between the pipes these guys are gonna be a very hard team to beat. Greech is a very fundamentally sound goalie and these guys are gonna be a very hard out. What a great series in Goaltending!!!

Oils Edge:
    This is gonna be tight but I think its hard to stop the tandem of greech and shotgun Qc needs to get some wins to help tatar.

ROUND 1 MATCH-UP
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

The Climb:
    I'm gonna start with Bakersfield because I happened to win a cup with @oIts Not Rock hes paired with @thekiller15000 who had a great season. I believe my boy rock needs to find his groove again and when he does he can steal games. killer has had a great season going 28-16-2.

Now the Eagles are going to be a daunting team to play in these playoffs with @Trash Tender and @MattakaTiny2 unreal season for these boys both goalies have only lost 6 times in regulation each! unreal season boys.

Oils Edge:
    Has to go to the eagles here both incredible successful seasons lets see if the eagles can continue to replicate that success.

ROUND 1 MATCH-UP
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    The Climb:
    On the Reign we have none other than shoutbox hero @HowToFIFA8 and @Binger both goalies have had spectacular seasons both amassing at least 20 wins. I've witnessed FIFA stand on his head many times and expect nothing less in this series from him.

Moving to the Heat we have @igetblunted247 and @Nastyy aF blunt knows how to win games and change the outcome in a game by himself nasty is relatively inexperienced but he's been successful.

Oils Edge:
    Has to go to the Reign here but if nasty can win his games the then blunt could easily carry them far on his shoulders alone.

ROUND 1 MATCH-UP

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

The Climb:
    @qnpsdub and @Shloopsgotpoops both incredible goalies have had some games with both these guys are incredibly solid and talented in net 27-11-1 for shloops is incredible going to be a tough tough team to beat.

Shifting to the monsters we have @I Eden l and @SithSoul both incredible talents I cant believe I missed this matchup. this is going to be insane the goalies are so even.

Oils Edge:
    The difference will be consistency in here which goalie duo can pull thru can the monsters upset here? I think the Americans pull thru on this one folks.

The Fall:

So in closing thanks for taking the time to read this, this is my first ever post and would love feedback. Remember these are my opinions only and are not set in stone. Goalies are people to and generally end up being backbones of the teams they play on . remember everyone remembers the goalie that bails them out. Congratulations toeveryone that made it and best of luck moving forward. OIL OUT!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. xO i L C i t Yx

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    Amazing can I copy this some how delete and redo it like this haha

No Streaming Account
  10. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +4,999 / 139 / -217
    Indentations and a few graphics make it look much cleaner, just like Moist showed above ^^^

Nice work @xO i L C i t Yx hope to see more of these :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Lokix6x
  11. Pooder Zero

Pooder Zero Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,163 / 9 / -45
    Yea, I forgot they changed the forum to where you can no longer edit your posts. I think that is the dumbest thing they've done to this forum. But yea, if you want to copy and paste I don't mind. I did it so you could use it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. xO i L C i t Yx

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    I’m going to use some of yours in the next edition

No Streaming Account
  13. GreatHAMbino67

GreatHAMbino67 Backup Goalie/TC Skater

Discord:
    GreatHAMbino67#5342
    Ratings:
    +383 / 20 / -36
    Thanks for the shout out my guy. Waxi and myself are ready to take on the world starting Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    GreatHAMbino67
  14. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    This post is rated E for "everyone gets a positive review".

Thanks Oil, good work sir.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    waxibono
  15. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    Nice article, you're the best

• Winner Winner x 1
    mattyhandz
  16. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Salty#8634
    Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    No you are the best. Without you trading for him, we dont get to use him :)

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account