Should traits have a negative effect in EASHL?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by SweetLou9208, Sep 26, 2019.

?

Should putting a trait (1 or 2) on your player have a negative effect on attributes

1. Yes

14.7%
  2. No

85.3%
  1. gundamfreedomx

gundamfreedomx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gundamfreedomx#0458
    Ratings:
    +169 / 6 / -27
    Bring back old gen builds!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. MikoDahl

MikoDahl MikoDahl

Discord:
    MikoDahl#9389
    Ratings:
    +35 / 7 / -8
    I have many issues with the traits. I think they all should be unlocked to begin with. That'll further even the playing field. I'm also very anti unlocking things to begin with, this isn't an MMORPG. I want to download the game and get straight to business.
    EA has shown they care about competitiveness and parity, so they should continue in that direction. This is why traits take away from others. If that's what they want to do in order to prevent players from getting edges, then fine. A big issue for me, is that there are only 2 slots for these upgrades. I would put 5 slots, that are all of equal modifying value. This will create more diversity in classes. Way too many attributes take away from shooting. I also really don't like how a slapshot modifier, modifies both shot power and accuracy and then modifies both wrist shot power and accuracy. It should be if you want to boost power of a shot, then you lose accuracy of that same shot type and the same goes for the reverse.
    I find more issues in the classes themselves than the traits. Size being the dominant decider of speed is not good. There are no big and fast players and no small and defensive players, this must be changed. Every class should be able to be given any size, from 5'6" to 6'9" or whatever the lightest, heaviest, tallest and shortest ranges currently in the NHL are. As most should know, a large player with the same speed rating as a small player is still slower and less agile.
    EA also needs to show the custom tuners for each class, as they all are different. It would be ideal if there were even tuner modifiers. I would like EA to also add many more classes. I want to see classes like, power playmaker, sniper and dangler, two way dangler, playmaker and sniper, grinding dangler, sniper, and playmaker, two way puck moving defensman, shut down defensman, hitting offensive defenseman, shooting two way defensman, just to name a few, without even thinking about it much.
    Unless EA gives us the points and let's us pick a standard class and assign said points, with different point costs per attribute, depending on the class, then many more classes is the best option. With attribute ceilings, floors, and dynamic allotted point costs, players could easily be prevented from taking away from and adding to certain columns, making overly lopsided classes in order to get an edge. You wouldn't need these trait upgrades at all in that scenario.
    I'll also mention EA is still missing attributes like backhand shot power, release and accuracy, backhand passing power, release and accuracy, pass reception, pass power, accuracy and release, wrist shot release, slapshot release, snapshot power, accuracy and release, stretch passing, stride deking, loose puck deking, back skate speed, agility and acceleration, one timer accuracy and power, hit resistance, vision, deflections, and several others I'm not digging to think of. Goalkeepers are missing several as well. I understand certain attributes are modifiers of some of the things I listed but the more attributes listed, the more diversity there is in the game, and the deeper the experience is.
    Instead of a 2 digit rating system like an 85 shooting, I think it's time to step up and make a 3 digit rating system, like 857. I'm also dying to see equipment attribute diversity. Select a pair of skates, select their stiffness, select your blade radius and hollow, then select the company model skin. Select your stick flex, kick, shaft length, blade curve, height, flexibility, then select the company model skin. Each piece of equipment should affect your ability as they do in real life. Stop adding fake equipment and market the tools that real players use.
    Essentially, my final opinion here is like I said, if we had more flexibility, with allotted points that were applied to attributes for selected classes, with floors and ceilings for each attribute, we wouldn't need these trait modifiers to begin with.
    One final thing I just have to say, the use of offensive backskating with L2/LT is rediculous.

• Informative Informative x 1
    MikoDahl
  3. MikoDahl

MikoDahl MikoDahl

Discord:
    MikoDahl#9389
    Ratings:
    +35 / 7 / -8
    Blade length*

MikoDahl
  4. FrostPhang

FrostPhang Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Personally I think the builds aren’t bad I don’t think many of the traits actually do anything tho except for skating and shoot traits. I’d rather them fix the passing and stick lifts then them make any changes to the builds

No Streaming Account
  5. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 11 / -18
    Just like the real world, you can't be a geek and a Jock t the same time LMAO

• Old Old x 1
    sgtvandoos
  6. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 11 / -18
    As A G, the only real trait or specialty that makes a difference is the energy after a PK. Everything else has no bearing. In all honesty, EA keeps screwing up with the G.

I've never had so many goals against after a puck hits me then with NHL20. Touch the glove trickles in, blocker save puck continues his trajectory forward. I don't how or which simulation they are using to come up with the bounces, but they need a complete re-evaluation. A low velocity puck shouldn't bounce back 10 feet from the G on a pad save. The glove-side should definitely be a lot stronger, reflexes of a human being are phenomenal, yet they make a simple wrister go in when the G is in perfect position. Again, the animation is unrealistic, and again, fwds can dangle, one-hand deke, between the leg dekes, but the goaltender can't be on his side and freeze a puck that hits him on his chest, he has to go back in the kneeling position to freeze it lol makes no sense. Computer Gs can throw themselves backwards to make a save but we can't. All that to say, they spend much time on players attribute and animation but very little on G. That stupid t skating towards the G with a little shift to the right/left and we're beat. Frustrating, they want to make the game as realistic as possible, how is it that a player can get over 200 pts in a season but I have yet to see a tendy get above .900 is save % for a season.

sgtvandoos
  7. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Could you imagine how bad all these elite players would bitch about how the goalies are too overpowered then? It's crazy at how much they do it over the last few years with an average of 80-85 percent nevermind 90%+.

I agree though, goalie is total trash. Exactly why I haven't bought the game outside of the 10 hour trial.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Shoobie4

Shoobie4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 13 / -36
    I think forwards are great, defence is great, but goalies...I have been playing goalie for many years on nhl and this is by far one of the worst seasons for goalies in my opinion. The thing I don’t understand ya you get sniped if your not in positions but I can be in perfect position and still it will hit me then go in, I personally think you guys need to fix the goalies before you do anything else on this game I think.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    shoobs4
  9. Thudson93

Thudson93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -3
    I am an older very player some of you might know this. BTW just want to add very good looking still ! I guess i assume an attribute would mean a positive not a negative i am old school but not sure why adding a positive would equal a negative. I understand builds being controlled size weight is huge and should have some limits. You don't want to be the max size and weight and still be able to skate like the wind or be a butterfly goalie like Quick. But it doesn't make sense in some ways when I am an average build goalie and adding an attribute subtracts from my over overall. I mean i just opened a new one and it actually decreases my numbers makes it very confusing for sure. Go back to 14 where you could control all of the attributes was the best system in my humble opinion. I still love the game of hockey and appreciate everything that LG and EA does you guys rock !!!!

Signed
    A very good looking older gentleman

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  10. iTzShoooK

iTzShoooK The King of LGBA

Discord:
    itzshoook#0
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Bring back total customization with the 3 boosts available for unlock or purchase

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    iTzShoooK
  11. MR_GONECRAZY

MR_GONECRAZY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Go back to when EASHL would allow u to build your guy completely how you would like with attribute points and attribute boosts like they did in NHL14 and NHL15 on ps3

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Baby0shie

Baby0shie Loading...

Discord:
    Baby0shie#8275
    Ratings:
    +39 / 8 / -40
    #nonegatives

As a player you want something that sets you apart from everyone else. Adding a boost to your character to change his style a bit shouldn't negatively effect you somewhere else. This game has been headed in the direction of making the gameplay feel as realistic as possible. And they've made tremendous strides in doing so... Why not make the simple things realistic about the game? Let's be honest, REALISTICALLY if you are good at stick handling and possess good speed and acceleration IRL, but aren't that strong on the puck and have poor strength. You hit the weight room the whole off season, you come back a little bit stronger with better balance.... your shot gets worse and your stick handling gets a little rusty? Please go back to only boosts... Possibly bring equipment boosts back. +5 +3 +1

Helmet
    Gloves
    Stick
    Skates

@SweetLou9208 Good work

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. xCHAMPx75

xCHAMPx75 xCHAMPx75

Ratings:
    +36 / 3 / -4
    I don’t remember on xbox 360 days games getting out of hand. A blow out would be like 4-1. Most games would be 2-1,3-2, 4-3. Close like that.I agree goalies should have an easier time.

No Streaming Account
  14. M0VELlKEJAGR

M0VELlKEJAGR HFX

Ratings:
    +37 / 4 / -16
    Lets be honest nhl 09 -13 was perfect 14 actually started hadicaping you but was still better then anything afterwards i returned nhl 15 and 16 a week after buying them to eb games well others fell into the hut propaganda. At least what we got now is workable i know somehow they will mess this game up more lets get rid of cr and show skater wins and loss make nhl great again give me some attributes let me make a build give me a legend three card god damit

moveslikejagrtv
  15. Cheler14

Cheler14 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Builds should have more effect on defense, adding just one trait should have no negative effect on goalies or defense, and builds such as grinder and playmaker should have more speed if only just 2 points more. Now as far as penalties for being larger go I recently used a sniper 5'8, 178 lbs. I had 3 calls in only the second period on a almost glitch activity. In the reply the team complained it should be fixed; my shoulder litterally rubbed against the opponents and I had interference at our and their blue lines trying to get a loose puck while only holding the skate button.

No Streaming Account
  16. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    SweeT9LoU84
  17. Sahio18

Sahio18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    They have to keep builds in low-mid 80 for EASHL because if not it becomes a one-man show fest and it is boring to play.

Why pass when you can deke 28 times in a row.

Custom builds were nice, but people played the system, with min/maxing, figuring out exactly where to stop each attribute.

Only way they could bring back Custom attributes would be to
    - remove class, everyone is the same
    - add linked attributes caps : to go beyond 85 in Shot power, you need 80 in strenght, to have Endurance at 85+, you need durability (or remove injuries) Accuracy : Balance, etc.
    - limit the potential OVR to 82-85 for Skaters and 88-90 for Goalies.
    - Either have 3 slots of +5 +3 +1 (one of each) or if you have more than 3 traits, Negatives would be logicial.

The idea was to prevent Do-it-all 92 speed Grinders that was everywhere in 18

• Creative Creative x 1